Ford Mustang 1995 V6 EXHAUST HELP PLEASE? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-18-2011, 03:15 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Ford Mustang 1995 V6 EXHAUST HELP PLEASE?

Alright folks, my mustang is all stock even the exhaust (which is a single) I want to put a flowmaster 44 series on it, I watch many videos on youtube to see how it would sound like, but there's only videos showing the flowmaster sound on dual exhausts V6, my question is, will a single exhaust 1995 mustang v6 with a flowmaster 44 sound good as a dual? Thanks in advance
abiram is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2011, 03:31 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

No, it won't sound as good as a dual. It'll sound like a v6 single exhaust with a single Flowmaster on there. It isn't worth dumping any money into a single exhaust. You need to get rid of your Y-pipe and put on a true dual exhaust and get rid of the restrictive single exhaust you have on there now. There's a guy that makes a dual exhaust X-pipe for v6 Mustangs. He uses Magnaflow high flow cats and it's a total bolt on with no mods necessary. It costs $295 + shipping. It allows you to bolt on any v8 cat back dual exhaust kit you want for your year Mustang including the Flowmaster that you're interested in. It'll free up some HP that you should be able to feel as well. I have only seen the pipe form one guy on Ebay. His seller ID is: mandrelexhaustsystems The title of the listing is: 94-98 MUSTANG V6 EXHAUST X-PIPE W/ CATS This is the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/94-98-MUSTAN...item4ce8eba19b
This pipe is what should have come on your Mustang from the factory but to save money Ford didn't bother. Buy the X-pipe and a cat back dual exhaust and you will have the sound you want and more power and fuel economy as well.
tully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 03:36 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

A friend of mine has a similar setup, except his is with the flowmaster 40. It sounds a little deeper than stock. Not sure if it's worth or not. It's up to you.
evian is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Tags
exhaust