Is my 1975 Mustang II even valuable? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-18-2011, 04:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Is my 1975 Mustang II even valuable?

I own a 1975 Mustang II hatchback, and I constantly get different comments about it. Some people say "Those aren't around anymore because they're a piece of junk!!" and others say "That Mustang is rare, it might be of great value." For the condition it's in, it's not too bad for being 36 years old. I plan on selling this vehicle soon, but I don't even know what price to start at!!!
jerad9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2011, 04:32 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

not really, it is rare, but it's rare because they were generally pretty crappy/weak cars...basically pinto clones. So really other than being just good enough to sell, and keeping the mustang brand going through most of the 70's, they're not really very good cars. So nobody really wants them.

Really the only 74-78 mustang I can think of that has any real value is the King Cobra 2
beverley86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 05:03 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

They're not really worth anything.

They were made during the fuel crisis, and had horrible power ratings, and were regarded as pretty damn ugly.

There are some people that like the 74-78's.....but not many.

Anyone who claims that a car is worth a lot JUST because it's old....doesn't know what they are talking about.

There's TONS of cars,trucks and motorcycles that are very rare and old....but aren't worth jack!

It really depends on the market sometimes, but it also depends on the exact reasons the vehicle isn't popular....

Sometimes it's the motor, or body style.
Or it was simply produced in a very Un-eventful era in history....and really has nothing unique or special attached to it.
armond is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2011, 05:37 PM   #4

Because Ford basically just took a Pinto and made it look a little sporty during the Fuel Crisis in the 70s, the mustangs aren't generally worth much, even the King Cobras. Unless you find someone looking for one, which will be hard enough, you'll basically give it away most of the time. Good luck though.
biecaford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 05:45 PM   #5

You know some people might say that car is rare, and it is, but Nobody really like hatchbacks unless you live in a trailer.
Cormag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 05:49 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

idk almost noone likes a hatchback just talk to someone that knows about mustangs or go to a classic cars autoshow and ask
Shanahan is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Tags
1975 mustang