"98 mustang for $2000? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-20-2011, 05:30 PM   #1

"98 mustang for $2000?

ok well i got that offer. Its a 1998 special edition mustang v6. its automatic and in good condition. no dents or scratches. the guy is selling it to me for $2000. The only thing he said that is wrong with it is that 3rd gear slips and the passenger side window only goes up half way. he said that he will fix the 3rd gear issue as well as the window without me having to pay. that it will be him paying around $600. and so basically he will only get $1400 profit. but it does have 124,000 miles on it. and i don't know much about cars. but my uncle and my mom said that its not worth it due to too many miles. and my dad said its not worth it due to mustang mess up quick (well it is a ford...i love it though) but that it's a good price either way. and my friend that is the guys friend that's selling it to me says it's a VERY good offer. and well i would like some more opinions. due to this will be my 1st car. i dont drive that well...i think. and i plan on getting a 1967 mustang in the near future as a project car for myself. [[just to throw in here. i also got offered my uncles 1994 camaro...v6. pretty much givin to me free. but i rather have a mustang]]
Carthage is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2011, 05:34 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

"98 mustang for $2000?

1 third gear slips..that alone requires a 1600 dollar rebuild...no getting around it
2 window,,easy fix..even if broken badly less than 200 dollars
3 2000 dollars for a running car is not bad IF you understand the 2000 dollars is just the begining..NOT the end of the cost
those yr mustangs make camaros look like crap,,[and im a camaro fan]
alfrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 06:14 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

"98 mustang for $2000?

I think id take take the camaro i have one and it runs great and it has 190thousand on it but if you want the mustang its not a bad price as long as the oil has been changed every 3000 miles be shure to check the radiator cap if their is a white ring on the inside of the cap their is oil in the radiator that is a bad sign of a bad head gasket
Branwel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2011, 06:59 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

"98 mustang for $2000?

do yourself a favor and accept the camaro. sure, its not the best (in fact, the mustang has a nicer body) but it's your uncle, so you should be able to trust him about the car. if you really want the mustang, you'd be spending a lot more than two grand.
keene65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:01 PM   #5

"98 mustang for $2000?

I'd take a Camaro over a Rustang any day.
ekhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:42 PM   #6

"98 mustang for $2000?

Ashley wake up are you out of your mind???? that mustang has been beat to piss, it is not worth what they are trying to hose you for, yes we get it you want a mustang, so what someone offers you a really nice camaro worth more than some beat to piss mustang, and you whine ??????????? JESUS TAKE THE CAMARO that was chevys answer to the mustang, and you are now 2 grand closer to the 67 you really want anyhow, so what a free car or a beat whipped *** mustang for 2 grand, and buy the way you cannot just fix third, it is slipping cause it is whipped, you need to rebuild the transmission correctly, not by some dork in his back yard for a few hundred bucks, he is just going to slap in a used wrecking yard tranny, WHICH SELL FOR 75 BUCKS, so he is only charging you six hundred and fix a window, dont be a sucker they are playing you.And whats even worse? someone GAVE HIM THE MUSTANG CAUSE ITS BEAT
Ambrose is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion