pretty sure i know what my parents got for my b-day! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-20-2008, 10:48 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Talking pretty sure i know what my parents got for my b-day!

I'm pretty sure my dad got em for me. what it was is a friend of his has a gt and he just bought a roush body kit for it, and told my dad he'd sell him his old bumpers, grill, and tower strut bar (b/c it didn't fit over his turbo) for $350. and today me and my mom went to eat lunch w/him so i could look at a mustang they had in the shop he was working on. then out of the corner of my eye i saw a front bumper hanging on his shelf, i just thought it was to the one he was working on, since it WAS hit in the front. then i saw the rear bumper, and it was to a gt. the one he's working on is a v6 like mine...ooooo ooooo i don't know if he got the grill and strut bar or not, i don't see why he wouldn't get the grill, cause he likes em as much as i do! and also today he was tryin to start something with me...sayin he didn't like my stripes....said he thought it didn't look as good cause it stopped on the trunk and didn't go down the bumper. i was about to say, 'well U did it!' lol but i think he was seein if i liked that or not so he could paint the new bumper with my stripes on it. YAY!!
girlandherstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2008, 11:05 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick
Re: pretty sure i know what my parents got for my b-day!

if it happens you will have to post up pics of your stang with the new parts!

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 11:06 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

but the thing is...i might have to wait on putting the rear bumper on. seeing as how it's a v6, it only has single exhaust. so putting a bumper on that's meant for dual would look kind dumb i think. guess just have to see what my dad wants to do about it. lol cause he said he knows a guy that could do it. the exhaust that is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2008, 11:06 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

oh yeah i will def. post new pics!
Old 06-20-2008, 11:25 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick

this might be a good time to look into a new exhaust then took me 4 years to finally do my exhaust lol

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 11:35 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

yeah prob. get him to look into how much that guy would do it for.
Old 06-21-2008, 01:06 AM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to 05RedDevil

You could do the body panels and the exhaust yourself. It really is not hard at all and it saves $$$. The only moderately-difficult part is to wire in the fogs if you never had them before but that just takes time. Are the body parts already painted to you car's color?
Old 06-21-2008, 07:11 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Send a message via MSN to ChrissyStang02 Send a message via Yahoo to ChrissyStang02

wooo hooo, sounds like an awesome b-day gift for sure! definitely look into the exhaust, you'll never regret that. i love mine, it sounds really good and i can't wait to get it done!

sounds like you have a pretty cool dad like mine! good luck with everything!

2002 Mineral Gray Mustang GT ~Dominic~
MagnaFlow Catback Exhaust, CAI, Mach 1 Grille Delete and much more to come. ***Sold. New 5.0 GT coming soon!!!
ChrissyStang02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 10:43 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

thanks girls! and I don't think I would be able to do the exhaust myself. My dad prob. wouldn't either. He knows how to fix stuff, but not to add it on. lol plus his garage isn't up yet so we wouldn't have a place to do it, even then he prob. won't get a lift for a while. and ramps don't hit it with my car. HE, my dad, found that out the hard way...he went to change the oil in it and placed it on ramps and totally scratched the underside of my front bumper on the right and left sides. i thought i did it getting too close to one of those blocks u park in front of. but then when i mentioned it he said 'oh i thought about that and...i think i did it when i changed yur oil.' lol i was like DAD!!! dad gummit i try so hard to keep my car looking nice and something else always has to happen to it. like most recently the bird crapping on my door and seat...i just can'y win. lol
Old 06-21-2008, 10:45 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

when it comes to the bumpers though, my dad'll paint em his self and i'm gonna tell him i want to help put em on. he can do that to, but i wanna do it myself. lol he can put the grill in himself too, he'd take it to someone else just for the exhaust. and he knows the guy pretty well, so we might get it cheaper. we have to by the actual lamps for the grill though, since i think the guy kept his. so i don't know if i'll get the regular ones or the halo. whichever's cheaper at the moment! lol
Old 06-21-2008, 10:47 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

oh (sorry for some many consecutive posts) i think my car's already wired for fog lamps, i'd just have to install the new switch and thing-a-ma-gigers. i know what my dad said had to be done, i just can't remember it's been so long. lol
Old 06-21-2008, 08:59 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

If your dad can swap out body panels and do an oil change then the exhaust is no problem. It might even be fun! Not trying to push or anything but I know it makes me appreciate things more when I know it was my own sweat that got it done.
Also, how far is Marietta from Charleston because I'm taking a few days this week to enjoy Charleston?
Old 06-21-2008, 11:17 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

uh...it's like a couple hours away. where in charleston r u going?
Old 06-22-2008, 08:42 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Part of Charleston? Umm, not sure. Mainly doing sightseeing and touristy crap though
Old 06-22-2008, 10:01 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

ah ok. charleston is a pretty good bit away. and my car prob. won't even be here much this week if my dad is going to be working on it. lol since we don't have anywhere to work on it here it'll more than likely be at the shop for a few days while everything's being aligned and painted. and manufactured...maybe...if he thinks i can get the exhaust done.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:39 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

it's so funny my dad says he has to take my car to work tomorrow so he can see how to put the one he's working on right now back together...i was about to ask him why can't Earle help u since he worked on one a little over a week ago. But....i didn't. lol i know what he's up to! but i did tell him he better watch his feet on my matts! lol
Old 06-24-2008, 11:35 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Y2E0L0L5OGWT Send a message via Yahoo to Y2E0L0L5OGWT

You could just get a GT take off exhaust for pretty cheap if you wanted to move to a dual setup to match the rear GT bumper...
'05 GT - Borla Catback, JLT Series 3 Intake & SCT SF3 Tuner, Koni Adjustable Shocks/Struts, H&R Race Springs, Roush Shifter, Hawk HP+ Brakes all around, Steeda Front Sway Bar & End-Links, Royal Purple Fluids
'2011 F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - 6.7L PSD 4x4
Y2E0L0L5OGWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:49 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

yeah but i want something that sounds a bit different. something that has a little old school classic sound to it but with a newer kick. plus my dad said the guy he's prob. going to get to do it would custom make it rather than us buy it from a manufacturer.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:44 AM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlandherstang View Post
yeah but i want something that sounds a bit different. something that has a little old school classic sound to it but with a newer kick. plus my dad said the guy he's prob. going to get to do it would custom make it rather than us buy it from a manufacturer.
Just remember you'll never get it to sound like a V8

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 11:49 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to black98gtvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbstang View Post
Just remember you'll never get it to sound like a V8
+1 but they can sound good though but i think they sound horrible if you cut out the cats but thats just my oppinion
Mods: MAC CAI,FLOWS 40 series,MSD Wires and Coils,"MM"starter box susp, MAC underdrive pullies, BBK off-road X, Steeda TRI-Ax, 3.73 gears, Sniper Special Forces Tuner, Accufab 75mm TB and Plenum, and a ZEX __ Shot
04 CBR F4i: A Street Machine on roids
black98gtvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 01:03 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

i'm not sure if those are going to be cut out or not. my mom's firebird doesn't have them anymore and that thing's exhaust smells so awful now...i would like it to sound good without it smelling like a piece of crap. lol
Old 06-25-2008, 01:04 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

and yeah, he didn't even take it today. but when i went out it looked like my car had been moved...i was like who moved my car?...lol she said he was about to back out and thought it'd be better to take it tomorrow. he thinks he so slick. hahaha
Old 06-25-2008, 01:17 PM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by black98gtvert View Post
+1 but they can sound good though but i think they sound horrible if you cut out the cats but thats just my oppinion
Don't remove the cats .It will sound like crap !!!!! If your going to redo the exhaust get some high flow cats

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 10:19 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

alrighty! dad took my car today.....i don't like him driving my car....he drives like a crazy old man....like literally i swore i'd never let him drive it again! well, as long as i was there & could drive it instead of him, but if he's taking it to work on something i don't really have a choice...
Old 06-26-2008, 11:24 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

just a few pics up of my new front! it's still bein worked on since the fender wells don't fit anymore. def. have to watch how i park now that the front sits lower. hope to have the back done soon, seein how much the exhaust would cost tomorrow. if not much i'll pay for it myself and dad can put the rear bumper on after it's done. just pray it happens! and just 2 more years to go till i can drink! lol
Old 06-27-2008, 02:51 PM   #26
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana

niiicee... i likey...
SimplyOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:23 PM   #27
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

nice
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 04:06 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

thanks!
Old 06-27-2008, 05:03 PM   #29
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana

now to just get the 2 cylinder mod and you'd be set
SimplyOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 05:18 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

lol whelp...i can't even get my fog lamps to work right now...my dad said he hooked the wires up today, and got a switch out of a mustang they have in the shop right now to test it. turned it on, didn't work. so one of the mechanics said that it's the smartbox. so he got the smartbox out of that car b/c it wasn't going to be used it needed a new one. hooked it up, turned it on, they worked. so he went to drive it over to align the head lamps and fog lamps...couldn't get it out of P. Went back and asked the guy what was wrong, he said was the car u got it out of a stick? yup....but when he called up to parts they said the only difference b/t the two to make it not work is if the other was a convertible, and it wasn't. so he took it back out and hooked up my old one and it can go into gear. so he either has to find a new smartbox for a v6 with fog lamps, or he's going to have to hook it up a different way. the friend he bought this stuff from has 4 fog lamps on his. the bottom 2 work off of a separate button he installed under the dash, can't hardly even see it. but i was like dad please don't put some stupid crap on my car.... and since he worked on trying to get those stupid things to work for 6 hours he didn't even get to call the guy about my exhaust... so it's just one thing after another with this car...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion