bodyshop lost my 99/01 cobra bumper - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-09-2013, 03:52 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Gera8712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: lewisville
Region: Texas
Posts: 301
bodyshop lost my 99/01 cobra bumper

like the title says.. im so angry and tired of this situation already.. about 2 months ago i decide to get my 01 cobra front bumper, 03 termi side skits and bullitt side scoops painted to match my car so i went to this bodyshop that i had never have a problem with in the past and actually like how well they can match my 2004 DSG color, anyways, 2 weeks after i left my parts i call to see how theyre doing and how much longer it would take them to have them ready only to find out they have “missplace” the bumper but they were trying to located with the people that picks up the thrash from this place, 2 weeks later i call again and i was told that they couldnt locate it and so they were gonna get me a new i told them how hard these bumpers are to come by and how expensive they were too the guy keeps saying theres gotta be someone making them, i told them i took me a year to get mine and i plus i had to drive all the way to san antonio just to pick it up (im in dallas) he says he only needs a couple more days to get me a new one, i told him ok i give you a couple more days but you gimme a bad *** discount for all this time waiting he says ok, 2 weeks later i call again and they finally give up saying they couldnt find me one so they were gonna pay me what i paid for the bumper when i told them it was $600 they refuse to pay it so i told them i didnt want their money in the first place all i want is my bumper and so somewhere else to get this f***n job done so the general manager talks to me asking me for more time arguing he had one bumper located in georgia and he just needed to make a couple phone calls to see when they will have delivered to the shop i say ok but i want you to gimme a call once a day bcause i wanna know whats going on, he says he will do, that was monday jan 7th its already wednesday and still nothing no a single F***n call im going tmrw to see that manager in the face and tell him i want my money or my bumper no more time for them, i also told him i want the $200 i spend on gas to go get the bumper.
now i dont wanna start calling names here or in any other forum but this is really pisssing me off and making me wanna do it...
any advise, comment or opining is greatly appreciated
what would you have done in this situation?
am i being too friendly with them?
thanks!!
Gera8712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-09-2013, 03:57 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Horseplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 4,265
idk if we can promote violence on this site, but i would have beat the **** out of somebody if that was me.
__________________

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:03 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Sounds frustrating. Talk to the owner or main person of the shop. I know you said manager but there has to be someone above him
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-09-2013, 04:05 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
lBRAlD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 280
Sounds like they want for you to get an attorney. I would bring that up as my next step and mention a report with the police/better buisness bureau.
lBRAlD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:09 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Gera8712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: lewisville
Region: Texas
Posts: 301
trust me ive thought about it a few times.. its just so frustrating how these people are managing all this and to top it off when i spoke with the general manager i ask him about the discount just to double check and make sure it was still up and he said he had to check for that is just soo stupid

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831 View Post
Sounds frustrating. Talk to the owner or main person of the shop. I know you said manager but there has to be someone above him
thats exactly what i was going to do today

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by lBRAlD View Post
Sounds like they want for you to get an attorney. I would bring that up as my next step and mention a report with the police/better buisness bureau.
i have a friend that woks as an attorney but i just havent contacted him yet dont ask me what im waiting for bcause idk
Gera8712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:06 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
ShelbyGT500B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Woodstock
Region: Georgia
Posts: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gera8712 View Post
trust me ive thought about it a few times.. its just so frustrating how these people are managing all this and to top it off when i spoke with the general manager i ask him about the discount just to double check and make sure it was still up and he said he had to check for that is just soo stupid

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------


thats exactly what i was going to do today

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------


i have a friend that woks as an attorney but i just havent contacted him yet dont ask me what im waiting for bcause idk
Make sure u gather all your paper work and save your phone calls for evidence. I've been through some legal battles dealing with tuner shop and what I learned is u gotta be prepared and don't wait (procrastinate).
ShelbyGT500B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:42 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Gera8712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: lewisville
Region: Texas
Posts: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGT500B View Post

Make sure u gather all your paper work and save your phone calls for evidence. I've been through some legal battles dealing with tuner shop and what I learned is u gotta be prepared and don't wait (procrastinate).
I will do that, thanks for the advise
Gera8712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:55 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Be as leveled headed as possible.. Going postal wont help at all. Also get an invoice from wherever you got the bumper, if it was a private sale contact them and explain and have them mail you a receipt that's back dated and signed if possible. You likely won't recoup gas money, sorry.. Since you haven't been w/o the car you probably can't get damages either but these things vary state to state but get a receipt and contact a lawyer ASAP. Be careful recording phone calls, in NC if you don't notify them you can't use it in court(civil court).
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:19 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Gera8712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: lewisville
Region: Texas
Posts: 301
I do have an invoice for the bumper and I don't record phone calls but I do have screen shots of my phone from the times that I have called them to the shop
Gera8712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:42 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
File a small claims suit immediatly. And you can be compensated for your gas, possibly your time. Time period is limited and probably started when they told you they lost it. Hope it all works out.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:56 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Foxone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Region: Arizona
Posts: 301
rockauto has them for 128-ish, CAPA new Cobra Bumpers.
Foxone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:35 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
WhiteCobra94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gera8712 View Post
like the title says.. im so angry and tired of this situation already.. about 2 months ago i decide to get my 01 cobra front bumper, 03 termi side skits and bullitt side scoops painted to match my car so i went to this bodyshop that i had never have a problem with in the past and actually like how well they can match my 2004 DSG color, anyways, 2 weeks after i left my parts i call to see how theyre doing and how much longer it would take them to have them ready only to find out they have “missplace” the bumper but they were trying to located with the people that picks up the thrash from this place, 2 weeks later i call again and i was told that they couldnt locate it and so they were gonna get me a new i told them how hard these bumpers are to come by and how expensive they were too the guy keeps saying theres gotta be someone making them, i told them i took me a year to get mine and i plus i had to drive all the way to san antonio just to pick it up (im in dallas) he says he only needs a couple more days to get me a new one, i told him ok i give you a couple more days but you gimme a bad *** discount for all this time waiting he says ok, 2 weeks later i call again and they finally give up saying they couldnt find me one so they were gonna pay me what i paid for the bumper when i told them it was $600 they refuse to pay it so i told them i didnt want their money in the first place all i want is my bumper and so somewhere else to get this f***n job done so the general manager talks to me asking me for more time arguing he had one bumper located in georgia and he just needed to make a couple phone calls to see when they will have delivered to the shop i say ok but i want you to gimme a call once a day bcause i wanna know whats going on, he says he will do, that was monday jan 7th its already wednesday and still nothing no a single F***n call im going tmrw to see that manager in the face and tell him i want my money or my bumper no more time for them, i also told him i want the $200 i spend on gas to go get the bumper.
now i dont wanna start calling names here or in any other forum but this is really pisssing me off and making me wanna do it...
any advise, comment or opining is greatly appreciated
what would you have done in this situation?
am i being too friendly with them?
thanks!!
Found one for $700, free shipping !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-751693495.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	169.3 KB
ID:	85135  
WhiteCobra94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:52 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Supe01stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 232
If I was you ill take the car out of that shop ASAP!! Things like this may upset employees in the shop and things could happen in the shop on purpose.... Like dents anywhere, things that can cost more than a bumper. Wiring, I'm anything that you really can't see.... Just a thought. I would take the loss and due them. But take the mustang out of there!

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supe01stang View Post
If I was you ill take the car out of that shop ASAP!! Things like this may upset employees in the shop and things could happen in the shop on purpose.... Like dents anywhere, things that can cost more than a bumper. Wiring, I'm anything that you really can't see.... Just a thought. I would take the loss and due them. But take the mustang out of there!
Sue them!
Supe01stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:20 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Gera8712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: lewisville
Region: Texas
Posts: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxone View Post
rockauto has them for 128-ish, CAPA new Cobra Bumpers.
I check that website but all they got is rear bumpers for those years and 03-04 fronts I dnt think anyone has them for sale anymore

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCobra94 View Post

Found one for $700, free shipping !
I saw that one a while ago but I didn't wanna notify the shop about just to see what they would do but I had to told today because for some reason the manager couldn't tell the diff between that and the termi bumper so I told him to go check it out on eBay and he was like "$700?!?!" Lol I'm pretty sure he noticed the diff now
Gera8712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:27 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Gera8712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: lewisville
Region: Texas
Posts: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supe01stang View Post
If I was you ill take the car out of that shop ASAP!! Things like this may upset employees in the shop and things could happen in the shop on purpose.... Like dents anywhere, things that can cost more than a bumper. Wiring, I'm anything that you really can't see.... Just a thought. I would take the loss and due them. But take the mustang out of there!

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------



Sue them!
I never bought the car into the shop, just the parts... That was my next step if after sending an email to their main office I get no results but they called me today asking me for help to find one and luckily 1996mustang has one for sale so I'm just waiting for his replay to complete this transaction and Finnish all this drama
Gera8712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:31 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Supe01stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Region: New York
Posts: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gera8712 View Post

I never bought the car into the shop, just the parts... That was my next step if after sending an email to their main office I get no results but they called me today asking me for help to find one and luckily 1996mustang has one for sale so I'm just waiting for his replay to complete this transaction and Finnish all this drama
Ok good! So it's just a waiting game
Supe01stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:07 PM   #17
Staff
Blogger
Staff
 
99ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 6,120
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
File a small claims suit immediatly. And you can be compensated for your gas, possibly your time. Time period is limited and probably started when they told you they lost it. Hope it all works out.
^^^^ Yes^^^ DO IT NOW!

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gera8712 View Post

I never bought the car into the shop, just the parts... That was my next step if after sending an email to their main office I get no results but they called me today asking me for help to find one and luckily 1996mustang has one for sale so I'm just waiting for his replay to complete this transaction and Finnish all this drama
Oh ok GOOD!! You got my blood boiling for a minute.
__________________
Check out the Official ME gear page for site t-shirts, decals, and bottle openers: http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...2/#post1670281
99ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:26 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Gera8712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: lewisville
Region: Texas
Posts: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supe01stang View Post

Ok good! So it's just a waiting game
Yes now it is lol
Gera8712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:59 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Foxone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Region: Arizona
Posts: 301
Go to rock auto, ford, 2003, 4.6 DOHC Supercharged, Body Exterior, bumper cover, they have the front.

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

Or american muscle for 319.
Foxone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:24 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
lBRAlD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCobra94 View Post

Found one for $700, free shipping !
I read this yesterday then I smacked pole at gas station today lol luckily it buffed out!
lBRAlD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:14 PM   #21
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff
 
WhoDat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Anchorage
Region: Alaska
Posts: 1,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxone View Post
Go to rock auto, ford, 2003, 4.6 DOHC Supercharged, Body Exterior, bumper cover, they have the front.

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

Or american muscle for 319.
He's looking for a '99-'01 Cobra front bumper, not an '03. Rockauto doesn't show that they have any for the years he's talking about. I couldn't find any on AM either, just different style aftermarket bumpers.
__________________
2012 Kona Blue 3.7L V6:
Borla LT headers, O/R h-pipe, Borla S-types, 3.73 gears,
Steeda adjustable UCA w/ mount, BMR LCAs, Airaid CAI,
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:26 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Gera8712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: lewisville
Region: Texas
Posts: 301
Yea I've checked every possible website I've been after these bumpers for almost 2 yrs and when I had finally got one for myself this happens :'( lol
Gera8712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:09 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Foxone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Region: Arizona
Posts: 301
I guess Im a little confussed, what is the difference between the 01 and 03? will either one fit an 01? Because Im looking at putting a cobra bumper on my 01

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

Ahh, I looked it up, I get it.
Foxone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:49 PM   #24
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gera8712 View Post
Yea I've checked every possible website I've been after these bumpers for almost 2 yrs and when I had finally got one for myself this happens :'( lol
You should get compensated for all your inconveniences, and if they aren't willing to reimburse you for the bumper in full sue them. You shouldn't have to deal with this.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:07 AM   #25
Staff
Blogger
Staff
 
99ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 6,120
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
You should get compensated for all your inconveniences, and if they aren't willing to reimburse you for the bumper in full sue them. You shouldn't have to deal with this.
+1
__________________
Check out the Official ME gear page for site t-shirts, decals, and bottle openers: http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...2/#post1670281
99ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:05 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
610swolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 442
man this whole situation is horrible. I agree with everyone else. I know it's a hassle but if they don't properly compensate you or get you a matching piece then sue the hell outta them!
610swolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:13 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
Gera8712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: lewisville
Region: Texas
Posts: 301
I'm waiting to get a new bumper for another member here, shop is paying for everything including shipping and I'm supposed to get an even better discount than what my service adviser had told me, if any of this doesn't happen then ill deff Sue their asses
Gera8712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:36 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
Solomo2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Charleston
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 450
At this point it should be free, just as a please don't sue us for losing your stuff and not being honest about it. If not the whole job, at least the front bumper.
Solomo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:47 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
Gera8712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: lewisville
Region: Texas
Posts: 301
That's what I'm going after... He just said a better deal well see what that better deal looks like if I dnt like it ill take my stuff to another shop and place a complain with the BBB and of course say their names here so you guys can b careful because this is a big company that has shops in various states
Gera8712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



04:05 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.