More expensive tuner worth the money? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-15-2013, 12:14 AM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Canada
More expensive tuner worth the money?

Hi, just need members experiences if you have actually used the
extra options on tuners such as Diablo Trinity 1000 or Sct livewire ts.
Are they worth the extra cost?

sprdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:26 AM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Ohio
I've got the SF3/X3 Power Flash Tuner and have been really happy with it. I purchased it from Steeda as a package deal with the Steeda Cool-air intake. The nice thing is that I can get tunes from more than one source, and i'm not stuck with one supplier if I decide I wanted a Bama tune, I can go get one, or one from Steeda, etc... Lots of options and it's really easy to flash the computer with a new tune.

In my opinion, this is not something you want to every go cheap on, because if it's not right, the fallout could potentially be very expensive. Just my 2 cents.

2011 Grabber Blue GT California Special, 3.73 Gears, 6-Speed Manual, Steeda CAI, Steeda 93 tune, aluminum driveshaft (The Driveshaft Shop Co.), MGW shifter, Roush axle-back exhaust, Roush Side Rocker Panel Splitters, Ford Racing BOSS 302 front splitter, sound-tube delete, painted plug covers, JLT oil separator. Shelby transmission scoop & powder-coated trunk brace & many more items...
IanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:44 AM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Maryland
Go with Sct bama performance tuner from American Muscle. Awesome! Free tunes for life. Great customer service and crazy fast for getting you your tuner and upgraded tunes. I wish my stang was as fast as there turn around time. (Lol)

I'm sure there are other good sources out there but American Muscle has been proven, they know what there doing and results for bigger performance. No issues ever with my tunes. Plus, A.M. backs there tunes as being safe to use.

What ever you do, go with someone reputable. Not a fly by night shop. Pay the $379.00 and get quality and free tunes for life. A.M. bro.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:50 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
the tune is a tune, its not really going to be better or worse based on the tuner used to upload it (but some brands can do different things)

If you want a more fancy one and plan to modify stuff yourself you should know what you are doing before hand else you really should leave it to a pro. Whats the point of having all this information about the car and its current tune setup if you dont know hot to use it to maximize the performance or what ever you are going for
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion