Freezing car wash - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-23-2013, 05:26 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
v8pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Monmouth County, New Jersey
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 2,201
Freezing car wash

Lmao went to wash up my car after work at the local self serve, just waxed it 2 days ago so just had to have a quick wash to clean all the gross salt and what not off..sooo I wash it, grab my drying towel from the back seat, look up and the car is like instantly iced! Hahaha aaaa durr didn't cross my mind that in 15degree weather it doesn't take long for water to freeze, now my car looks like a massive icicle lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2274213069.png
Views:	263
Size:	1.92 MB
ID:	87127   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1076666972.png
Views:	232
Size:	1.85 MB
ID:	87128  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3048906190.png
Views:	219
Size:	1.74 MB
ID:	87129   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1088058449.png
Views:	239
Size:	1.78 MB
ID:	87130  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4240177655.png
Views:	192
Size:	1.78 MB
ID:	87131  
__________________
2002 5spd GT
Feb 2013 Mustang of the Month
v8pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-23-2013, 05:31 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Gera8712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: lewisville
Region: Texas
Posts: 301
You where gonna dry your car by hand in a 15* wheatear!!? dude that's crazy!
Gera8712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:34 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
v8pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Monmouth County, New Jersey
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 2,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gera8712 View Post
You where gonna dry your car by hand in a 15* wheatear!!? dude that's crazy!
Hahahaha right dude but I couldn't stand looking out the winter seeing her COVERED in salt, had to clean her up...but I'm a commercial Heating and Air Conditioning apprentice, so I'm on like 5-10 story buildings all day sometimes, today I was on 3 seperate roofs in a beach town that's super windy, wasnt fun
__________________
2002 5spd GT
Feb 2013 Mustang of the Month
v8pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-23-2013, 06:59 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
MineralGrayGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Wyoming
Posts: 133
This is insane but hilarious haha i washed my car in my driveway one and my driveway froze it was like an ice rink haha. But quick question...whats the RMR sticker?
MineralGrayGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:14 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
v8pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Monmouth County, New Jersey
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 2,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by MineralGrayGT View Post
This is insane but hilarious haha i washed my car in my driveway one and my driveway froze it was like an ice rink haha. But quick question...whats the RMR sticker?
Lmao yea frozen driveway sucks! RedMustangRegistry #439...just a registry/club put together for factory red mustangs
__________________
2002 5spd GT
Feb 2013 Mustang of the Month
v8pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:26 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Horseplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 4,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJstanger View Post

Lmao yea frozen driveway sucks! RedMustangRegistry #439...just a registry/club put together for factory red mustangs
my car is red! i want in lol
__________________

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:31 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
v8pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Monmouth County, New Jersey
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 2,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseplay View Post

my car is red! i want in lol
www.allredmustangs.com
Register your car, mine took like 2 days or so till it popped up and gave me a registry #, than order your decal for under your headlight...I'm #439, there's a few people here on ME on there
__________________
2002 5spd GT
Feb 2013 Mustang of the Month
v8pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:50 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Horseplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 4,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJstanger View Post

www.allredmustangs.com
Register your car, mine took like 2 days or so till it popped up and gave me a registry #, than order your decal for under your headlight...I'm #439, there's a few people here on ME on there
i signed up. when do they ask me for info on my car? all it asked was my year and model and car nickname
__________________

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:27 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Vmcgrath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Eprise
Region: Alabama
Posts: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJstanger View Post

Lmao yea frozen driveway sucks! RedMustangRegistry #439...just a registry/club put together for factory red mustangs
Does it have to be factory red? Because I was thinking about getting my white mustang painted red
Vmcgrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:32 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
MineralGrayGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Wyoming
Posts: 133
they need one for mineral gray! Haha
MineralGrayGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:35 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Gera8712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: lewisville
Region: Texas
Posts: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by MineralGrayGT View Post
they need one for mineral gray! Haha
There's one already and I'm registered w them

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MineralGrayGT View Post
they need one for mineral gray! Haha
Graystangs.com
Gera8712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:38 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
MineralGrayGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Wyoming
Posts: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gera8712 View Post

There's one already and I'm registered w them

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------



Graystangs.com
Awesome
MineralGrayGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:03 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
jleber123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Burlington
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 585
I need to join!!!
jleber123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:11 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
joey18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Corona
Region: California
Posts: 876
Is there one for black mustangs?
__________________
joey18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:13 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
v8pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Monmouth County, New Jersey
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 2,201
LMAO THREAD JACK!!!
__________________
2002 5spd GT
Feb 2013 Mustang of the Month
v8pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:13 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Horseplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 4,265
^ LOL
__________________

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:14 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
joey18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Corona
Region: California
Posts: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJstanger
LMAO THREAD JACK!!!
Lol
__________________
joey18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:22 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Gera8712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: lewisville
Region: Texas
Posts: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey18 View Post
Is there one for black mustangs?
Blackmustangclub.com
Dnt thank me lol

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

Want this tread originally about Matt washing his car in 15* day lol
Gera8712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:26 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Vmcgrath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Eprise
Region: Alabama
Posts: 354
Well since we're off subject is there one for white mustang? Since mine is white I might keep that way
Vmcgrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:29 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Gera8712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: lewisville
Region: Texas
Posts: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmcgrath View Post
Well since we're off subject is there one for white mustang? Since mine is white I might keep that way
http://whitemustangregistry.forumotion.net/
Gera8712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:34 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
610swolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 442
legend lime? I want a sticker too!
610swolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:23 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
2013mustang5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cream ridge
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJstanger View Post
Lmao went to wash up my car after work at the local self serve, just waxed it 2 days ago so just had to have a quick wash to clean all the gross salt and what not off..sooo I wash it, grab my drying towel from the back seat, look up and the car is like instantly iced! Hahaha aaaa durr didn't cross my mind that in 15degree weather it doesn't take long for water to freeze, now my car looks like a massive icicle lol
This....is......epic.......
__________________
2013 mustang 5.0 track pack(first mustang)
2013mustang5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:33 PM   #23
Staff
Blogger
Staff
 
99ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 6,120
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
This thread is great!! We need a best of Mustang Evolution thread.

Wow.. Did you leave it running or turn it off?
__________________
Check out the Official ME gear page for site t-shirts, decals, and bottle openers: http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...2/#post1670281
99ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:28 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
v8pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Monmouth County, New Jersey
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 2,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post
This thread is great!! We need a best of Mustang Evolution thread.

Wow.. Did you leave it running or turn it off?
I LEFT IT RUNNING TOO that's what was so crazy, I mean it was like instantly frozen over, I went to get into my car and I had to crack the ice off the door hinge just to open it hahaha..you can tell in the picture of the front end how quick it froze , there were icicles hanging from the grille! Lmao
__________________
2002 5spd GT
Feb 2013 Mustang of the Month
v8pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:56 PM   #25
Staff
Blogger
Staff
 
99ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 6,120
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJstanger View Post

I LEFT IT RUNNING TOO that's what was so crazy, I mean it was like instantly frozen over, I went to get into my car and I had to crack the ice off the door hinge just to open it hahaha..you can tell in the picture of the front end how quick it froze , there were icicles hanging from the grille! Lmao
That's crazy! Haha usually of you leave it running it won't do that and the hood would be the last spot I would think.
__________________
Check out the Official ME gear page for site t-shirts, decals, and bottle openers: http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...2/#post1670281
99ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:46 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mkolabin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 344
I once got stuck in a wand-wash in winter.

This was back in my cab driving days, and mine was a Crown Vic. I stopped in just to blast some of the road grime off of my car and failed, entirely, to notice that the floor of the wash bay was a sheet of about 6 inch thick ice. Now, the car didn't have great tires. It didn't have great breaks. So, after nearly knocking the whole structure over, I realized the car wouldn't get traction to pull itself out. I'm an experienced driver with many, many kilometers under my belt and that said, when it snowed, I'd carry a bag of salt (or kitty litter) in the trunk and a shovel. I set to work - covered the sheet ice with salt ahead of and behind my rear wheels, hopped in the car and tried to get out.

It worked...

... badly.

I don't know if it was the salt/litter mixture, the bad tires, or just God kicking me in the butt, but the tires, both of them, failed catastrohpically at the same time. I'm revving it, lightly, trying to find the traction. My wheels grip, I give it a bit more throttle and then BANG! Both tires blow themselves to smithereens. Now I'm sitting on my rims, belts and bits of rubber all over the ice, dumbfounded. I may have screamed a little, too.

Eventually we had to get another car, one of the Caprice Classics, to come and pull me out (thank god for tow hitches on wagons!) and then, in the freezing snow, jack the car up and change the rears.

It was epic.

The lesson I learned? Frozen Car Washes suck!
__________________
2006 V6 - Black on black. Tints, Louvers, Shorty Antenna and BBK CAI. "We're just getting started folks!"
Mkolabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:30 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by MineralGrayGT
they need one for mineral gray! Haha
Start one and make money selling stickers and advertising on the site.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:19 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
Redstang1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Statesboro
Region: Georgia
Posts: 828
Nice to see another rmr member, I'm #440. Good luck with car wash though
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:56 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
v8pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Monmouth County, New Jersey
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 2,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstang1 View Post
Nice to see another rmr member, I'm #440. Good luck with car wash though
+1 yes it is..funny too I'm 439 your 440
__________________
2002 5spd GT
Feb 2013 Mustang of the Month
v8pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:22 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
wheelman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 1,187
Ha ha, good story Mkolabin. That sounds like my kinda luck.
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:54 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
2013mustang5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cream ridge
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkolabin View Post
I once got stuck in a wand-wash in winter.

This was back in my cab driving days, and mine was a Crown Vic. I stopped in just to blast some of the road grime off of my car and failed, entirely, to notice that the floor of the wash bay was a sheet of about 6 inch thick ice. Now, the car didn't have great tires. It didn't have great breaks. So, after nearly knocking the whole structure over, I realized the car wouldn't get traction to pull itself out. I'm an experienced driver with many, many kilometers under my belt and that said, when it snowed, I'd carry a bag of salt (or kitty litter) in the trunk and a shovel. I set to work - covered the sheet ice with salt ahead of and behind my rear wheels, hopped in the car and tried to get out.

It worked...

... badly.

I don't know if it was the salt/litter mixture, the bad tires, or just God kicking me in the butt, but the tires, both of them, failed catastrohpically at the same time. I'm revving it, lightly, trying to find the traction. My wheels grip, I give it a bit more throttle and then BANG! Both tires blow themselves to smithereens. Now I'm sitting on my rims, belts and bits of rubber all over the ice, dumbfounded. I may have screamed a little, too.

Eventually we had to get another car, one of the Caprice Classics, to come and pull me out (thank god for tow hitches on wagons!) and then, in the freezing snow, jack the car up and change the rears.

It was epic.

The lesson I learned? Frozen Car Washes suck!
Ahahahahahahaha this is a great story!
__________________
2013 mustang 5.0 track pack(first mustang)
2013mustang5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:58 PM   #32
Staff
Blogger
Staff
 
99ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 6,120
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkolabin View Post
I once got stuck in a wand-wash in winter.

This was back in my cab driving days, and mine was a Crown Vic. I stopped in just to blast some of the road grime off of my car and failed, entirely, to notice that the floor of the wash bay was a sheet of about 6 inch thick ice. Now, the car didn't have great tires. It didn't have great breaks. So, after nearly knocking the whole structure over, I realized the car wouldn't get traction to pull itself out. I'm an experienced driver with many, many kilometers under my belt and that said, when it snowed, I'd carry a bag of salt (or kitty litter) in the trunk and a shovel. I set to work - covered the sheet ice with salt ahead of and behind my rear wheels, hopped in the car and tried to get out.

It worked...

... badly.

I don't know if it was the salt/litter mixture, the bad tires, or just God kicking me in the butt, but the tires, both of them, failed catastrohpically at the same time. I'm revving it, lightly, trying to find the traction. My wheels grip, I give it a bit more throttle and then BANG! Both tires blow themselves to smithereens. Now I'm sitting on my rims, belts and bits of rubber all over the ice, dumbfounded. I may have screamed a little, too.

Eventually we had to get another car, one of the Caprice Classics, to come and pull me out (thank god for tow hitches on wagons!) and then, in the freezing snow, jack the car up and change the rears.

It was epic.

The lesson I learned? Frozen Car Washes suck!
That's great, I love it.
__________________
Check out the Official ME gear page for site t-shirts, decals, and bottle openers: http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...2/#post1670281
99ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



05:28 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.