Test drove a 2013 Gt 6 speed - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-24-2013, 06:20 PM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Colorado
Test drove a 2013 Gt 6 speed

I didn't driver her much, but needless to say it didn't take long to be shocked by some things, for instance all the room on the inside! (I have broad shoulders and it was very comfortable)
The sheer power of the motor, wether it be easing in to it, stepping on it, or even gradually getting on it in a higher gear at a low rpm.

I'm curious, how long it takes to get use to the difference of the body?, because my DD is my Mach 1 and when I drove the 2013 instantly I noticed how much bigger the body was of the car behind the steering wheel. I know that if the 2013 Gt became my daily driver I would feel obligated to compensate for it, like maybe turning a little wider on curb turns?

Also kinda worries me that this beast of a machine is open to the public with enough cash lol.

Must say I am impressed ford.

MachMan1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:37 PM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Connecticut
Its a little on the big/heavy side, but youll get used to it and wont care much with all the power to move her along and the t/c which works brilliantly.

wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:59 PM   #3
Region: Virginia
It wouldn't take long to get use to driving her every day. Definitely a bit bigger and heavier compared to your Mach 1 but the body regidity and extra power on tap makes her quick and agile but a bit floaty because of the ride height. Turning should not feel that much of the difference from your Mach1, although I would say the driver side A pillar combined with the location of the side mirror is something to get use to also.
Uncoolron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:27 PM   #4
Registered Member
Region: Kentucky
It's about as large as any mid-sized car. I owned a '10 Malibu that I traded in on this, and they feel about the same as far as size when turning/parking/etc., just the Mustang does everything better. It even has a better ride.
'13 'Stang V6 - MT82 - GHIG Ordered: 5/31 Pickup: 7/3
35% Tint, Homemade Intake (1, 2), GT500 Heat Extractor/Splash Guards, Custom Gas Cap
Barton Shifter Bracket, GHIG Shift Knob

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:53 AM   #5
Registered Member
Region: Pennsylvania
I went from a 99 camry to the 13 GT. It felt like I was sitting in a tank at first. You drive it around for a few hours and you don't even notice how big it is anymore. I still drive my camry often and when I get in the Mustang it feels normal it doesn't feel big anymore.
KARgt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:49 PM   #6
Registered Member
Region: New Jersey
Its so nice to he that a Mach1 owner thinks a regular gt is a beast.. To anwer your question , i find the little curbs like in the parking lots at the mall dangerous , just be carefull , i came from a 2008 lancer to a 2013 gt and body wise you get use to it quite quick jus its a little too tall ,

Villero1834 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion