First car!! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-25-2013, 04:25 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redehmption View Post
Love the fact that everyone responds! You guys are great! Im leaning more towards racing red now!
I never really wanted red. But I ended up having three red mustangs lol 2001 v6, 2006 gt and 2013 gt. it's funny cuz I get to the dealer and take a look and I'm like a bill man always attracted to red for some reason lol.
redbeast0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2013, 04:26 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJstanger View Post

Spoiled kids man million of them in my town..worst part is most of them treat it like crap cuz they don't know what it's like to really work your a$$ off for something, if I had millions, I'd still make my child work for a brand new mustang, not only off principle, but really gets them ready for real adult life
+10000000 You said it. If only more parents had that mentally!
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:37 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013mustang5.0 View Post

DO NOT BUY A V6. Also manual trams is a must in a mustang! If you are getting a v6 it's gotta be the 2012 and up. I would recommend getting either a used 5.0 or an 4.6 you will have a lot more fun in a v8
The guy said what his options were. And for a 16 year old to learn manual is a nightmare generally.

But as my opinion go with red but white is cheaper on insurance but hell to keep clean and so is black. Thankfully God gave me both colors on one car :/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1102083387.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	501.7 KB
ID:	87466   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2230693861.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	442.7 KB
ID:	87467  

Advertisement

Old 01-25-2013, 04:39 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post

The guy said what his options were. And for a 16 year old to learn manual is a nightmare generally.

But as my opinion go with red but white is cheaper on insurance but hell to keep clean and so is black. Thankfully God gave me both colors on one car :/
That's pretty sick.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:46 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Looks good man.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:51 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:

Spoiled kids man million of them in my town..worst part is most of them treat it like crap cuz they don't know what it's like to really work your a$$ off for something, if I had millions, I'd still make my child work for a brand new mustang, not only off principle, but really gets them ready for real adult life..IMO someone who drives a 1996 Toyota Camry that worked for it themselves get more respect from me than someone essentially handed a new mustang.
:O I wasn't handed my mustang.... I payed for it my self. NOT my parents like many other 16 year olds in my town. I've been working for almost 6 years now and pretty much save up everything and bought a car. So please don't assume Things you don't know -.-

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMike View Post
This is my candy Apple metallic baby!
Same color as my mustang
Old 01-25-2013, 06:01 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Why would you not get a v6?? You do realize he is 16 and also your 4.6 is only a couple of tenths quicker on the 1/4 mile. And btw,Ahhhh insurance?

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

Beautiful!
Ok I guess I should kinda change what I said or should of said. Personally I think v8s are better and that doesn't mean you need to think that! It's just what I prefer and sure with a few upgrades one of those new v6s could be just as fast as a gt. sorry for being a little bias im still drooling over my GT in the garage XD

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

Quote:

0.0 nice car
Old 01-25-2013, 06:06 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

:O I wasn't handed my mustang.... I payed for it my self. NOT my parents like many other 16 year olds in my town. I've been working for almost 6 years now and pretty much save up everything and bought a car. So please don't assume Things you don't know -.-

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

Same color as my mustang
Fair enough. Can I ask what line of work you did at 10? I love the colour, I just ordered a GT 500 painted spoiler and some roush axel backs from AM. I'll post some new picks with the spoiler next week. I hope they get the colour just right. I only here good things about them!
Old 01-25-2013, 06:19 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ok I guess I should kinda change what I said or should of said. Personally I think v8s are better and that doesn't mean you need to think that! It's just what I prefer and sure with a few upgrades one of those new v6s could be just as fast as a gt. sorry for being a little bias im still drooling over my GT in the garage XD

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

0.0 nice car
Np, all is good. I would not have got it if it still had the old 4.0 boat motor in it.(no disrespect to 4.0 owners) This new 3.7 sold me the first time I test drove it. Now with wife and kids its the perfect fit for me.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:27 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Np, all is good. I would not have got it if it still had the old 4.0 boat motor in it.(no disrespect to 4.0 owners) This new 3.7 sold me the first time I test drove it. Now with wife and kids its the perfect fit for me.
From 10-15 I did scrap metal it was the only job I could do at the time because no 1 would hire 10 year olds so what I did was clearded an old farm that my friends were selling there was 3 houses and tons of other stuf like old tractors and combines there. Then I got a job for a catering company where I work now. And yeah AM is pretty awesome make sure you get the discount code from AM Dan if you have more then 50 posts you can get it
Old 01-25-2013, 06:35 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:

Same color as my mustang
Quote:
From 10-15 I did scrap metal it was the only job I could do at the time because no 1 would hire 10 year olds so what I did was clearded an old farm that my friends were selling there was 3 houses and tons of other stuf like old tractors and combines there. Then I got a job for a catering company where I work now. And yeah AM is pretty awesome make sure you get the discount code from AM Dan if you have more then 50 posts you can get it
i'd love to see some proof of this...hate to say it but i don't think you're being completely honest with us about how you got your car. it's fine if your parents helped you, but we all know a 16 year old didn't walk into a dealership with cash and say i'll take that one there. but that can be on another thread. this thread is about OP looking for the pros and cons of both model v6's listed

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:36 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Before the economic recession, I knew a family that played the stock market. One of them bought an original Shelby with the money he made and he was only in his teens. Lol, if only money was that easy to come by now.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:46 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That's crazy man! I'm glad to see someone your age works hard for what you have. I also don't hate on kids that even get things handed to them even though I work hard everyday for what I got. I wish that would happen to me but I would not be a ****** about ether like what some of you are saying. I do hate that.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:49 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Same color as my mustang
That's what they ALLLLLLLLLLLL say..just sayin
Old 01-25-2013, 06:51 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeast0712 View Post

That's crazy man! I'm glad to see someone your age works hard for what you have. I also don't hate on kids that even get things handed to them even though I work hard everyday for what I got. I wish that would happen to me but I would not be a ****** about ether like what some of you are saying. I do hate that.
I know there is no reason to hate on someone because they're parents or whoever gave them a nice car they are just very blessed to have a nice car
NicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:53 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post

i'd love to see some proof of this...hate to say it but i don't think you're being completely honest with us about how you got your car. it's fine if your parents helped you, but we all know a 16 year old didn't walk into a dealership with cash and say i'll take that one there. but that can be on another thread. this thread is about OP looking for the pros and cons of both model v6's listed
Last off topic post I promis but obv I couldn't do that.... You can't have a car in your name unless your above 18. And It's not like I walked in there with boatload of cash and just picked any mustang. I went to many different dealerships looking for the cheapest and best car. And btw mine is used bought it with 2500 miles so just the fact it was used knocked a good chunk off it. But honestly the only things my parents helped me with is putting the car in there name and paying half on my insurance ( because we all know that's a ripoff these days) and I didn't downright buy it in cash I make payments on it monthly.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:54 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

i think you guys have gotten far off track...

Old 01-25-2013, 06:55 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeast0712 View Post

Nah at the end of the day you will deal better about that beautiful car in your driveway knowing you worked for it. That's the way I look at it
Old 01-25-2013, 07:29 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
i think you guys have gotten far off track...
My bad islo
Old 01-25-2013, 07:34 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
DO NOT BUY A V6. Also manual trams is a must in a mustang! If you are getting a v6 it's gotta be the 2012 and up. I would recommend getting either a used 5.0 or an 4.6 you will have a lot more fun in a v8
buy the v6!
i had an option between a 2012 v6 and a 2008 GT
the v6, with minor modifications will walk the 2008 GT ALL DAY LONG!
also, you get the added benefits of 30 mpg hwy (that was my selling point to la familia)
the nice thing about the new v6 is that no one expects it.
go with the 2013 v6. you won't regret it!

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

Quote:
That's what they ALLLLLLLLLLLL say..just sayin
mine was sorta handed to me.
my parents said if I got a full ride, they'd buy me a stang.
I got a full ride, and they held up their end of the deal.
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:38 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

0.0 nice car
I bought this myself. 19 years old,almost 20. worked real estate last year and work for the power company now. Hell even with all my money I couldn't afford a GT like I wanted. I could have got a base. But what fun is that? I did however buy a v6 premium and dropped the grand in paint alone. I can relate but 16, defuq? Even if I haul my dads scrap off I get maybe 300 in general. Copper is another story (electrical contractor/ engineer)
Old 01-25-2013, 07:40 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I bought this myself. 19 years old,almost 20. worked real estate last year and work for the power company now. Hell even with all my money I couldn't afford a GT like I wanted. I could have got a base. But what fun is that? I did however buy a v6 premium and dropped the grand in paint alone. I can relate but 16, defuq? Even if I haul my dads scrap off I get maybe 300 in general. Copper is another story (electrical contractor/ engineer)
there was a guy here that tried to steal copper from the power plant. His hands and one of his legs blew off. like literally flew off of his body.
moral of the story: invest in a darn good pair of rubber gloves
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:59 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post

there was a guy here that tried to steal copper from the power plant. His hands and one of his legs blew off. like literally flew off of his body.
This actually made me lol
Old 01-25-2013, 08:06 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Like 1slosix said to off topic now if you have any questions just pm me.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:12 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post

To bad the wires coming out of power plants aren't made of copper :p there made out of reinforced steel wrapped in aluminum conductor :p
Old 01-25-2013, 08:22 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I'm not going to lie, I didn't read all 4 pages of this thread. But to answer the original question, your best bet is defiantly the V6. If your parents asked what year I would say 2009 but I know you want the newer one deep down. I have to be honest here, like most kids, more than likely your going to wreck this thing. The 09 is cheaper on insurance and repairs so it makes since there and it has slightly less power so your better off. Don't get me wrong, the 09 is still a plenty fast car and has tons of potential, I don't want to hear you 09 guys complaining, this isn't about you.

As far as color... Well, black is super hard to keep clean. And when u go to college your not going to want to wash it. So I would honestly say that the dark silver is the better option if your thinking black. Red wouldn't be bad either I guess, and white, well that's hard to keep clean too. Either way I think you will be happy with your mustang.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:11 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeltx View Post
I'm not going to lie, I didn't read all 4 pages of this thread. But to answer the original question, your best bet is defiantly the V6. If your parents asked what year I would say 2009 but I know you want the newer one deep down. I have to be honest here, like most kids, more than likely your going to wreck this thing. The 09 is cheaper on insurance and repairs so it makes since there and it has slightly less power so your better off. Don't get me wrong, the 09 is still a plenty fast car and has tons of potential, I don't want to hear you 09 guys complaining, this isn't about you.

As far as color... Well, black is super hard to keep clean. And when u go to college your not going to want to wash it. So I would honestly say that the dark silver is the better option if your thinking black. Red wouldn't be bad either I guess, and white, well that's hard to keep clean too. Either way I think you will be happy with your mustang.
I think this guy is right you should listen to him.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:16 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:

*2011+ and a v8 for a first car with insurance would be horrible. Anyways these new v6s are almost what the old v8s... Get black or grey!

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

And I say go for a 2011 now cuz they'll be super cheap now and the front end is way cooler IMO.
Mustangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:39 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangs View Post

*2011+ and a v8 for a first car with insurance would be horrible. Anyways these new v6s are almost what the old v8s... Get black or grey!

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

And I say go for a 2011 now cuz they'll be super cheap now and the front end is way cooler IMO.
The new v6s are faster then the 200-2005 v8s I think they are pretty fast.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:19 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
So shoul i go with a black v6 2013 or red?
Redehmption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:35 PM   #66
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
After all these opinions, try this one on...

First and foremost, buy the car you can afford. Consider maintenance/repair, fuel, insurance. And there is nothing wrong with a V6, so ignore the bozo's that tell you otherwise. IMO, If you can buy a brand new Mustang, that's cool, BUT...consider buying one that is 2 to 3 years old. It will cost less per month and most likely allow you the funds to do some mods, because you will definitely want to do some mods on it. Like, wheels, exhaust, a tuner, and many more that you find out you want once you start driving it. Good luck and remember to post up your ride when you get it.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:50 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
You have to stare at it and drive it the next few years. What do YOU want?

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:41 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
You have to stare at it and drive it the next few years. What do YOU want?
exactly what we like means nothing

Old 01-26-2013, 12:36 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
You'll know when you seem them at the dealer
Mustangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:30 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Thanks for everyones replies!! As well as these 201e models ive been looking into 2006-7 gts and look at this gt that happens to be near me! I think im in love.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-554925824.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	229.2 KB
ID:	87557   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-491197179.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	201.4 KB
ID:	87558  

Name:	image-3485762039.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	192.8 KB
ID:	87559   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2456416345.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	175.6 KB
ID:	87560  

Redehmption is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion