First car!! - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-26-2013, 01:31 AM   #71
Registered Member
Regular
 
Redehmption's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: San Antonio
Region: Texas
Posts: 65
Its an 06 gt and i think im heading towards this one. Love at first sight
Redehmption is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-26-2013, 01:44 AM   #72
Registered Member
Regular
 
Redehmption's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: San Antonio
Region: Texas
Posts: 65
What do yall think?
Redehmption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:51 AM   #73
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigB227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West Palm Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,120
My first personal car that I bought myself was my 2003 mustang Gt right out of high school at 18 years old. But even when I was 15 my father taught me how to drive in V8 vehicles. I first drove a 2007 Toyota sequoia with a 4.7L DOHC V8. Then in high school I drove a 2007 f150 with a 5.4L 3V V8 and 3.73 gears in the rear. I learned a lot of respect for cars and it all comes with experience. So either way if you get a V8 or a V6 the top priority is safety and RESPECT for the vehicle.
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-26-2013, 01:52 AM   #74
Registered Member
Regular
 
Redehmption's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: San Antonio
Region: Texas
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB227 View Post
My first personal car that I bought myself was my 2003 mustang Gt right out of high school at 18 years old. But even when I was 15 my father taught me how to drive in V8 vehicles. I first drove a 2007 Toyota sequoia with a 4.7L DOHC V8. Then in high school I drove a 2007 f150 with a 5.4L 3V V8 and 3.73 gears in the rear. I learned a lot of respect for cars and it all comes with experience. So either way if you get a V8 or a V6 the top priority is safety and RESPECT for the vehicle.
Very true! #1 rule
Redehmption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:53 AM   #75
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigB227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West Palm Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,120
I agree with a lot of people's comments on the self bought vehicle, it really does open up the aspect of responsibility but your 16 so get a job, save up and enjoy what you can because one day you might be like me and buy your dream car right out of high school
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:02 AM   #76
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigB227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West Palm Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redehmption View Post
What do yall think?
I like it. The paint looks great and it carries over into the interior. I think it looks sexy
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:04 AM   #77
Registered Member
Regular
 
Redehmption's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: San Antonio
Region: Texas
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB227 View Post

I like it. The paint looks great and it carries over into the interior. I think it looks sexy
I loved it! The only thing i would change would be the headlights and rims! Other than that i really like it!
Redehmption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:43 AM   #78
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rcary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: San Antonio
Region: Texas
Posts: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013mustang5.0 View Post

I think this guy is right you should listen to him.
Hey can you post some pics of your car?
Rcary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:44 AM   #79
Registered Member
Regular
 
Redehmption's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: San Antonio
Region: Texas
Posts: 65
Rcary your profile pic is nice!!
Redehmption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:15 AM   #80
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcary View Post
Hey can you post some pics of your car?
+1, i want to see that cool 5.0
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:43 AM   #81
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rcary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: San Antonio
Region: Texas
Posts: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redehmption View Post
Rcary your profile pic is nice!!
Thanks a lot!
Rcary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:31 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular
 
2013mustang5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cream ridge
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redehmption View Post
Thanks for everyones replies!! As well as these 201e models ive been looking into 2006-7 gts and look at this gt that happens to be near me! I think im in love.
It looks really nice!
__________________
2013 mustang 5.0 track pack(first mustang)
2013mustang5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:33 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular
 
2013mustang5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cream ridge
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcary View Post

Hey can you post some pics of your car?
This all I got on my phone I'll get some good ones when I get a new card for camra
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1479805757.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	588.9 KB
ID:	87588   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4076473691.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	425.1 KB
ID:	87589  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-339837568.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	438.7 KB
ID:	87590   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1601088993.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	442.5 KB
ID:	87591  

__________________
2013 mustang 5.0 track pack(first mustang)
2013mustang5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:30 PM   #84
Staff
Blogger
Staff
 
99ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 6,120
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redehmption View Post
Hey guys! As you can tell im new to the forum, but main reason i joined is because i fell in ove with mustangsdde0d i recently turned 16 and will be getting my license very soon! The reason i started this thread was because I'm not sure what color to get my father and i agreed on a v6 2013 or a v6 2009 as my first car. I would have to first chose one of the different models. But after doing that I'm torn between black, red, or white mustang i would appreciate it if you can post pictures of your cars? I would love to see these colors on your cars and your opinions. Right now I'm deciding on a black v6 2013 and make it black on black but im not sure! Let me know what you think! Thankyou
Welcome! And congratulations on the new car! I'd go for the '13 V6! Red's a great color.. I also love GB and GHIG!

And I think for your first car a V6 has plenty of power. I wanted a Mustang, so bad when I was 16 almost got one except our family friend who is a car dealer was like its too much power for a young driver.
__________________
Check out the Official ME gear page for site t-shirts, decals, and bottle openers: http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...2/#post1670281
99ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:54 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular
 
rebeltx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 809
The 13 v6 and the 09 GT have more than enough power to be fun. Even the 09 v6 is a heck of a good car with power to spare. The GT you posted looks great as well but your going to pay when it comes to insurance. Insurance doesn't see HP, they see GT=V8 then see you 16 and then give you a rediculous rate. If I were you, I would go online and get some free quotes. Your going to pissed if you find out after the fact that insurance is costing more than your car payment... Seen if happen, nothing worse than having to give up your car because you THOUGHT you could afford it... Get you a V6, Learn to respect it, then our day you can get that 5.0 and save some $ by not buying new... And I still vote dark silver if you go 2013.
rebeltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:14 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular
 
Redehmption's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: San Antonio
Region: Texas
Posts: 65
Yeah i feel you! I think im gonna go with a 2005-2009 v6 model because those are great to work on
Redehmption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:24 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ntbruncie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: PHOENIX
Region: Arizona
Posts: 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redehmption View Post
Yeah i feel you! I think im gonna go with a 2005-2009 v6 model because those are great to work on
It's a nice car but its a horrible engine
Ntbruncie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:33 PM   #88
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntbruncie View Post

It's a nice car but its a horrible engine
Why? Just because it doesn't have 305HP?
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:34 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntbruncie View Post
It's a nice car but its a horrible engine
I disagree 100% with this comment. The 4.0l is a great engine to build on.
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:43 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post

I disagree 100% with this comment. The 4.0l is a great engine to build on.
It can take a beating from what I've heard
It's a lot easier to boost than the new 3.7
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:02 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ntbruncie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: PHOENIX
Region: Arizona
Posts: 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post

Why? Just because it doesn't have 305HP?
Lol no. I just don't like them just my opinion.
Ntbruncie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:04 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
Well luckily its just an opinion not fact lol
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:16 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sanguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: London
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 1,623
Ford threw them in everything for a reason. The 4.0 works.
__________________
'13 'Stang V6 - MT82 - GHIG Ordered: 5/31 Pickup: 7/3
35% Tint, Homemade Intake (1, 2), GT500 Heat Extractor/Splash Guards, Custom Gas Cap
Barton Shifter Bracket, GHIG Shift Knob


'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:13 AM   #94
Registered Member
Regular
 
rebeltx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 809
The 4.0 is built like a tank. It will run forever of you take care of it. The 3.7 is a new motor so only time will tell. But the 4.0, as far as reliability is a sure thing if taken care of properly. And like someone said, the 4.0 is in allot of vehicles so you will be able to find more info on it as well. Either way, 3.7 or 4.0, I think you will be happy.
rebeltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



12:45 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.