First car!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-25-2013, 01:08 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
First car!!

Hey guys! As you can tell im new to the forum, but main reason i joined is because i fell in ove with mustangs­čśŹ i recently turned 16 and will be getting my license very soon! The reason i started this thread was because I'm not sure what color to get my father and i agreed on a v6 2013 or a v6 2009 as my first car. I would have to first chose one of the different models. But after doing that I'm torn between black, red, or white mustang i would appreciate it if you can post pictures of your cars? I would love to see these colors on your cars and your opinions. Right now I'm deciding on a black v6 2013 and make it black on black but im not sure! Let me know what you think! Thankyou
Redehmption is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2013, 01:16 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redehmption View Post
Hey guys! As you can tell im new to the forum, but main reason i joined is because i fell in ove with mustangsdde0d i recently turned 16 and will be getting my license very soon! The reason i started this thread was because I'm not sure what color to get my father and i agreed on a v6 2013 or a v6 2009 as my first car. I would have to first chose one of the different models. But after doing that I'm torn between black, red, or white mustang i would appreciate it if you can post pictures of your cars? I would love to see these colors on your cars and your opinions. Right now I'm deciding on a black v6 2013 and make it black on black but im not sure! Let me know what you think! Thankyou
DO NOT BUY A V6. Also manual trams is a must in a mustang! If you are getting a v6 it's gotta be the 2012 and up. I would recommend getting either a used 5.0 or an 4.6 you will have a lot more fun in a v8
Old 01-25-2013, 01:19 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013mustang5.0 View Post

DO NOT BUY A V6. Also manual trams is a must in a mustang! If you are getting a v6 it's gotta be the 2012 and up. I would recommend getting either a used 5.0 or an 4.6 you will have a lot more fun in a v8
agreed..
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2013, 01:22 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
He's 16... let alone he's getting a new car, look at how much insurance is going to be, especially with a V8? Anyway, back to your post.

Black and white Mustangs look awesome, but they're hard to keep clean. Black is the worst color for seeing dirt or imperfections. Solid warning if you decide to pick it. Also, get it tinted ASAP cause in the summer black will attract more heat and make it hot.

It's your car and you're super lucky to get getting something new. It's your decision, so get what you want, you have to live with it. Congrats and enjoy whatever you go with. If you want mechanical advice, I'm more than willing to chip in. Aesthetics is so personal though, it's better left up to yourself.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:38 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
He's 16... let alone he's getting a new car, look at how much insurance is going to be, especially with a V8? Anyway, back to your post.

Black and white Mustangs look awesome, but they're hard to keep clean. Black is the worst color for seeing dirt or imperfections. Solid warning if you decide to pick it. Also, get it tinted ASAP cause in the summer black will attract more heat and make it hot.

It's your car and you're super lucky to get getting something new. It's your decision, so get what you want, you have to live with it. Congrats and enjoy whatever you go with. If you want mechanical advice, I'm more than willing to chip in. Aesthetics is so personal though, it's better left up to yourself.
Insurance difference for me when I went from my 99 v6 to 02 v8 was not much at all, I was 16 when I got my v6 and wished everyday I waited for a GT, eventually I got rid of it and went to the v8 and never wanna go back!
Old 01-25-2013, 01:41 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:

are you crazy he's 16. Do you have any idea how expensive insurance will be on that car.
Ntbruncie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
If I were you I would go with a 2013 v6 in race red. I have a red 2013 gt and I love the color and it also has black accents. I'll post a pic in a sec for you.
redbeast0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:44 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Hi and welcome! Make sure the insurance is under you're pops name
Old 01-25-2013, 01:44 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hey guys! As you can tell im new to the forum, but main reason i joined is because i fell in ove with mustangsdde0d i recently turned 16 and will be getting my license very soon! The reason i started this thread was because I'm not sure what color to get my father and i agreed on a v6 2013 or a v6 2009 as my first car. I would have to first chose one of the different models. But after doing that I'm torn between black, red, or white mustang i would appreciate it if you can post pictures of your cars? I would love to see these colors on your cars and your opinions. Right now I'm deciding on a black v6 2013 and make it black on black but im not sure! Let me know what you think! Thankyou
Dude go with a v6 they have plenty of power for your first car. As far a color goes black looks great when clean but is a pita to keep clean. I know cuz I have a 2012 black on black premium. If I were buying a new 2013 I would for with gotta have it green just my opinion. Good luck and congrats
Old 01-25-2013, 01:48 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJstanger View Post
Insurance difference for me when I went from my 99 v6 to 02 v8 was not much at all, I was 16 when I got my v6 and wished everyday I waited for a GT, eventually I got rid of it and went to the v8 and never wanna go back!
Your GT has less hp than our V6, and someone who is 16 should not be getting a 420hp rocket for their first car. It's bad enough trying to learn to drive without having a torquey RWD beast added to the mix. Anyway, it's his (her maybe?) and his parent's decision, not ours.

Even though it's not a color mentioned... GHIG for ya! It's a tri-coat (3 step process) and color shifts from a pastel green to a bright green with gold accents depending on the lighting.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:50 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Here you go! Go race red I'm telling you! You will love it more and more every day.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1448933131.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	289.7 KB
ID:	87450  
Old 01-25-2013, 01:53 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeast0712 View Post
Here you go! Go race red I'm telling you! You will love it more and more every day.
In not really a red fan but your car looks great. Must be the black trim
Old 01-25-2013, 01:57 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post

Your GT has less hp than our V6, and someone who is 16 should not be getting a 420hp rocket for their first car. It's bad enough trying to learn to drive without having a torquey RWD beast added to the mix. Anyway, it's his (her maybe?) and his parent's decision, not ours.

Even though it's not a color mentioned... GHIG for ya! It's a tri-coat (3 step process) and color shifts from a pastel green to a bright green with gold accents depending on the lighting.
Lol first off I wasn't putting down "your" v6 or the new ones...I was in no way comparing my GT to "your" v6, I was comparing my old 99v6 to my 02GT and there's a HUGE difference there, just how there is def a big difference between the 2012 v6 and v8..didnt come here to attack a v6 I have respect for them, just puttin in my 2 cents...IMO many people I know that go with the 6ers, eventually crave the GT, that's the only point I was tying to make not that your v6 is slow..sorry if you took it the wrong way
Old 01-25-2013, 01:58 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

That's pretty cool of your Dad to get you a brand new 2013 V6 for your first car! First car I got from my Dad was an 88 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais and "if you don't like get a job." In all seriousness this is my race red 2012. I like the color, always had black and white cars and I found the whites showed a lot of dirt and were more difficult to clean. On the flip side my black car would show water spots. Heard a rumor that reds were more expensive to insure however USAA didn't say anything about it so it might depend on who you get coverage through.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0421.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	1.72 MB
ID:	87451  
rotors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:09 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks to all for replying im loving the race red!! Also, i was consideringgettig a v8 but i dont race, and with all that power you dont expect me to go at 40mph.... Im a guy by the way!
Old 01-25-2013, 02:09 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
My first mustang V6.. 2012 tho..& I would go with black!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-2979628089.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	468.7 KB
ID:	87453  
BlackHorse1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:14 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thanks to all for replying im loving the race red!! Also, i was consideringgettig a v8 but i dont race, and with all that power you dont expect me to go at 40mph.... Im a guy by the way!
I used to race my other mustang that was a v8 i owned but I I have a v8 now and I don't race at all. I just cruse.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:36 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:

Why would you not get a v6?? You do realize he is 16 and also your 4.6 is only a couple of tenths quicker on the 1/4 mile. And btw,Ahhhh insurance?

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeast0712 View Post
Beautiful!
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:37 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Get what you like, go on YouTube and search google for specs and I'm sure you're parents will have a saying in what car you purchase
Old 01-25-2013, 02:37 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMike View Post

Why would you not get a v6?? You do realize he is 16 and also your 4.6 is only a couple of tenths quicker on the 1/4 mile. And btw,Ahhhh insurance?

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

Beautiful!
Thanks man
Old 01-25-2013, 02:46 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Well it's great that your getting one! A car Enthusiast as myself say get the 2013 v6. If its in your budget and want one get a v8. I chose a v6 cuz it's my DD and was within my price range with out bein broke all the time with a more expensive car. Note not a v8 mustang just another vehicle. But all in all the car is up to you and what you want.

Not the color you said but here's my silver 2012 v6.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-816418937.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	439.0 KB
ID:	87457  
silvrbullet2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:47 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

This is my candy Apple metallic baby!

Name:	ForumRunner_20130125_154554.png
Views:	102
Size:	517.1 KB
ID:	87458
Old 01-25-2013, 03:05 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Imo Ford did such a great job on the 11+ models they look great in any colour. That was the hardest part of buying my car! I love the 11-12s as much as my 13.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:10 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013mustang5.0

Lol troll much...he is 16 dude.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:12 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJstanger View Post
Lol first off I wasn't putting down "your" v6 or the new ones...I was in no way comparing my GT to "your" v6, I was comparing my old 99v6 to my 02GT and there's a HUGE difference there, just how there is def a big difference between the 2012 v6 and v8..didnt come here to attack a v6 I have respect for them, just puttin in my 2 cents...IMO many people I know that go with the 6ers, eventually crave the GT, that's the only point I was tying to make not that your v6 is slow..sorry if you took it the wrong way
i got rid of my '04 GT for my '04 v6 lol...there's pros and cons to both cars i promise you. i'll keep my sixxer

@OP welcome to the site...sorry you have to see so much bickering right off the bat. Though i'm never a fan of parent bought vehicles because to me it kills the hard work for your toys aspect. I respect your dad for wanting it to be a v6. It's more then enough car for a new driver to handle, and you can enjoy it for years to come. If one day the "craving" for a GT appears as was said before you can work toward that goal. You're 16 so buy an exhaust...slap on some wheels...and enjoy the fact you have a brand new paid off car that you can pick up girls in

btw race red is awesome but i love me some blue

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:29 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post

i got rid of my '04 GT for my '04 v6 lol...there's pros and cons to both cars i promise you. i'll keep my sixxer

@OP welcome to the site...sorry you have to see so much bickering right off the bat. Though i'm never a fan of parent bought vehicles because to me it kills the hard work for your toys aspect. I respect your dad for wanting it to be a v6. It's more then enough car for a new driver to handle, and you can enjoy it for years to come. If one day the "craving" for a GT appears as was said before you can work toward that goal. You're 16 so buy an exhaust...slap on some wheels...and enjoy the fact you have a brand new paid off car that you can pick up girls in

btw race red is awesome but i love me some blue
GTs totally get more girls hahahahha, messin around..but yes both 6 and 8 have there pros and cons, and too be honest when I'm a father I would feel 100% more comfortable with my son driving a 6er..your father seems like a great guy, when I got my license my dad bought me a 1991 Chevy Caprice, granted it did have a 5.7 but it was a friggin BOAT, he said you want a nice car? Get a job!
Old 01-25-2013, 03:37 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I would agree with 1slosix. There are many benefits to a V6 including gas costs and insurance. Since you are already a member of the forum, you will have your eyes opened to what you can do to your mustang with intakes and exhausts, and eventually turbos and superchargers. A new exhaust will set you back some money, but you will get that sound that makes people ask "is that a v8". I drove the GT and fell in love, but the added options I got more than makes up for the engine and suspension. Like a lot of V6 owners, I am always planning the next mod, and the next upgrade when the warranty ends...you will too. i just put on a Bassanni exhaust and tinted windows and lights. I look forward to lowering springs, staggered wheels and tires, and blacking out the grills like the bottom picture.

Welcome to the site!

StangSleeperGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:44 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Go grabber or go home!! Haha nah but for real I'd say go with a flat color like grabber or gotta have it green or race red
NicholasP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:48 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMike View Post

Beautiful!
My 5.0 is a lot quicker. And I am also 16 lol
Old 01-25-2013, 03:50 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Lol you must be spoiled lol
Old 01-25-2013, 03:58 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by StangSleeperGT View Post
I would agree with 1slosix. There are many benefits to a V6 including gas costs and insurance. Since you are already a member of the forum, you will have your eyes opened to what you can do to your mustang with intakes and exhausts, and eventually turbos and superchargers. A new exhaust will set you back some money, but you will get that sound that makes people ask "is that a v8". I drove the GT and fell in love, but the added options I got more than makes up for the engine and suspension. Like a lot of V6 owners, I am always planning the next mod, and the next upgrade when the warranty ends...you will too. i just put on a Bassanni exhaust and tinted windows and lights. I look forward to lowering springs, staggered wheels and tires, and blacking out the grills like the bottom picture.

Welcome to the site!
Dude I saw a mustang like yours the other day that was lower and had other mods on it but it was a straight color. what really caught my eyes was the staggered 19s gun metal wheels. The gun metal fit the color so well. I love my race red but I think I will go for that color in the future.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:01 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Love the fact that everyone responds! You guys are great! Im leaning more towards racing red now!
Old 01-25-2013, 04:02 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831 View Post
Lol you must be spoiled lol
+1 lol, How could you tell.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:09 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
My 5.0 is a lot quicker. And I am also 16 lol
i don't understand your parents at all lol....wait do they have a large life insurance policy on you

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:22 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post

i don't understand your parents at all lol....wait do they have a large life insurance policy on you
Spoiled kids man million of them in my town..worst part is most of them treat it like crap cuz they don't know what it's like to really work your a$$ off for something, if I had millions, I'd still make my child work for a brand new mustang, not only off principle, but really gets them ready for real adult life..IMO someone who drives a 1996 Toyota Camry that worked for it themselves get more respect from me than someone essentially handed a new mustang.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion