Whats the best gas too use - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-26-2013, 07:06 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Krisis187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Las Vegas
Region: Nevada
Posts: 92
Whats the best gas too use

And why?
Krisis187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-26-2013, 07:07 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Unless your tuned 87 is best.. Waste to use premium if your not cause your timing is stock.
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:37 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Blairnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Katy
Region: Texas
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
Unless your tuned 87 is best.. Waste to use premium if your not cause your timing is stock.
Chevron with techron. Premium If you drive a GT.
Blairnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-26-2013, 07:39 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
My 04 GT got its best mpg with 87....my v6 gets 87 as well
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:39 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blairnr View Post

Chevron with techron. Premium If you drive a GT.
The science says there's no benefit if your engine is not tuned for it is all I'm saying..
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:38 PM   #6
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Well if you get 93 over 87 you will be slightly faster than before due to the fact that your wallet will be lighter.... Other than that nothing unless you are tuned.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:39 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Well if you get 93 over 87 you will be slightly faster than before due to the fact that your wallet will be lighter.... Other than that nothing unless you are tuned.
it's ALL about power to weight!! Hahahahahahahaha
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:56 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Blairnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Katy
Region: Texas
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post

The science says there's no benefit if your engine is not tuned for it is all I'm saying..
420hp with 93, 404hp with 87.
Blairnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:01 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blairnr View Post

420hp with 93, 404hp with 87.
Well it's no secret the 2011's and up auto-tune for octane grade.. However the op has a New Edge(in his avatar) and sadly they like most others do not self adjust based on fuel grade...
But, I see your point and noted....
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:30 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Blairnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Katy
Region: Texas
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post

Well it's no secret the 2011's and up auto-tune for octane grade.. However the op has a New Edge(in his avatar) and sadly they like most others do not self adjust based on fuel grade...
But, I see your point and noted....
It doesnt show his avatar on my phone, I didn't know he was taking about the edge. My mistake.
Blairnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:31 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blairnr View Post

It doesnt show his avatar on my phone, I didn't know he was taking about the edge. My mistake.
No bigs!
Being in the general section doesn't help that either!
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:54 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Krisis187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Las Vegas
Region: Nevada
Posts: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post

No bigs!
Being in the general section doesn't help that either!
What doesn't help ?
Krisis187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:23 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
He believes a general question doesnt belong in the general mustang section but instead belongs in your body style section. However i feel that gas is a general discussion so i put it here for that reason...however you got the answers you needed quickly. So it all worked out in the end
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:51 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
He believes a general question doesnt belong in the general mustang section but instead belongs in your body style section. However i feel that gas is a general discussion so i put it here for that reason...however you got the answers you needed quickly. So it all worked out in the end
Please do not speak for me...
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:18 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krisis187 View Post

What doesn't help ?
Some different year model cars can internally adjust the ECU for different fuel types, having looked at you avatar and profile I've determined that you don't have one those year(2011 and up) model cars... To that end I guess posting your model and year would have helped.. Sorry about the confusion
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:42 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Krisis187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Las Vegas
Region: Nevada
Posts: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post

Some different year model cars can internally adjust the ECU for different fuel types, having looked at you avatar and profile I've determined that you don't have one those year(2011 and up) model cars... To that end I guess posting your model and year would have helped.. Sorry about the confusion
2001 Ford Mustang GT
Krisis187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:26 PM   #17
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: California
Posts: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Well if you get 93 over 87 you will be slightly faster than before due to the fact that your wallet will be lighter.... Other than that nothing unless you are tuned.
Haha this made me laugh xD
Andy714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:57 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Pony up's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: denham springs
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 149
i use 93 because my car is tuned for it... now i was told by severals mechanics that its better to use cheveron with no or very little ethynol in it ......
Pony up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:35 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
rangerbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Union City
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 162
If you use Cheveron, Shell, BP etc. it doesnt matter if they all come from the same refinery.
rangerbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:08 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Project Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Aiken
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 3,274
Mine is tuned for 93, and I only use non-ethanol fuel.
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Project Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



05:22 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.