Almost lost my exhaust today - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-28-2013, 10:12 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Almost lost my exhaust today

I almost got my whole exhaust ripped off today pulling into these apartments that I've never been to ,at the entrance gate there was 2 medal squares and I went to the left of one but didn't get over enough and it ripped the clamps off connecting the pipe to the x-pipe so now I have to take it to the shop to get realigned cause the muffler is hanging , I can't believe I did that 😭
TXstang125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2013, 10:28 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Sorry to hear that:/
Old 01-28-2013, 10:43 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey18 View Post
Sorry to hear that:/
Yeah it sucks man I'm just glad it wasn't my whole X-pipe or something like that but that's the price I pay for lowering my car lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2013, 10:54 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
lol i've had my exhaust ripped off before....no biggie just means you get to buy new stuff if the old stuff breaks

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:55 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix
lol i've had my exhaust ripped off before....no biggie just means you get to buy new stuff if the old stuff breaks
And better stuff
Old 01-28-2013, 11:14 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
Haha true that !
Old 01-28-2013, 11:23 PM   #7
Road Trip!

Region: Ohio
I only have one muffler on my car. A raccoon took the other one out with his face and i didnt realize it was missing until the next day.
keaton5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:29 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by keaton5.0
I only have one muffler on my car. A raccoon took the other one out with his face and i didnt realize it was missing until the next day.
Damn!:0
Old 01-28-2013, 11:34 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Yesterday I was at Wawa gas station, pulled over where they pump the fuel into the underground tanks..scraped the hell out of my bottom, reversed out of it and scraped some more , checked it out today and there's a bunch of scrapes all over my stock mid pipe..terrified I messed something up but it all sounds good/ drives fine, no engine light..probably gonna have it checked out for ease of mind tho
Old 01-28-2013, 11:41 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by keaton5.0 View Post
I ran over a raccoon before it looked small so I went over it and its head hit my mid pipe haha but it didnt do anything cause my car wasn't lowered and today as soon as I hit that square I knew something was ****ed it sounded sooo bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJstanger View Post
Yesterday I was at Wawa gas station, pulled over where they pump the fuel into the underground tanks..scraped the hell out of my bottom, reversed out of it and scraped some more , checked it out today and there's a bunch of scrapes all over my stock mid pipe..terrified I messed something up but it all sounds good/ drives fine, no engine light..probably gonna have it checked out for ease of mind tho
Oh I've done the same thing I hate those haha ( I bottom out a lot )
Old 01-29-2013, 03:45 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJstanger View Post
damn. are u dropped alot? im dropped around 2" or so and never really bottom out . then again i avoid the places my car shoudnt go in to.

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:00 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
In NC, I'm worried if I drop it, I won't have clearance to drive over all the dead deer in the road. Then again, maybe drop even more a get a carbon fiber chin spoiler. Take this deer and shove it!
hobo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:14 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

I Started her up this morning and it sounded like it was going to die and it was shaking like crazy im taking it to the shop after school , is that bad or is it because its not going through the muffler ??
Old 01-29-2013, 02:45 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXstang125 View Post
I Started her up this morning and it sounded like it was going to die and it was shaking like crazy im taking it to the shop after school , is that bad or is it because its not going through the muffler ??
No I'm running my gt without mufflers right now and it idles fine and everything
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:14 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB227 View Post

No I'm running my gt without mufflers right now and it idles fine and everything
Ok we'll I was just wondering cause it was shaking the car like crazy , it just didnt seem right to me
Old 01-29-2013, 03:19 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXstang125 View Post
I almost got my whole exhaust ripped off today pulling into these apartments that I've never been to ,at the entrance gate there was 2 medal squares and I went to the left of one but didn't get over enough and it ripped the clamps off connecting the pipe to the x-pipe so now I have to take it to the shop to get realigned cause the muffler is hanging , I can't believe I did that 😭
wow i did that a couple of times.... i cant visit my dad if im in my car
Pony up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:49 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Haha y ?

And I got it all fixed the guys that worked there tuner people but they are pretty cool it's there own little shop I think I'm going to start taking my car to them they seem to know what there doing and won't rip my off like all the other places , I'm taking it to them in a week or two to look at my brake problem he said he has the top of the line scanner so well see how it goes
Old 02-04-2013, 08:21 AM   #18

Region: Michigan
This is exactly the reason I love my air suspension. Push a button and raise the car to clear any obstacle , then lower it back down. I never worry about scraping anymore!!
Bagged Pony is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Tags
exhaust