help - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-03-2013, 03:36 PM   #1

Region: North Carolina
help

I have had that same exact problem but have recently had an even bigger issue with this. I first noticed this problem with 7000 miles on my vehicle lights came on, a slight pull to the right and I immediately called the dealership. I was told the same things as I have seen posted, your wheels were compensating for a slip. Then 5 thousand miles later, 3 times in the shop with tsb for lower control arms to be replaces, an anti squeak clip that squeaked to be replaced and then it really starts to happen. The autotrak light comes on with the other two sensors lit up, and the mustang pulls heavily to the right. Now on December 24, 2012 I had replaced the tire with the exact same size, similar tread pattern and all specs matching tire. I was told that it was the tire that was causing the issue. I was told the circumference was an inch in difference. I went to 4 tire dealerships and asked to check the circumference of my tires and all said that it was less the .1 in difference, that if you measure the tire completely around, it would end up being one inch but that is not a true way to measure this nor would it cause any slippage. Then the rental that ford has given me, a Lincoln has all wheel drive, a tire that is bald on the left front with a brand new tire on the right front. This actually gives a 2 inch difference in the tire size as my dealership has stated and should set off the sensor just like my mustang because this is an all wheel drive vehicle but yet it has not gone off. BTW, I did replace all 4 wheels Tuesday with a set of brand new tires at my expense and I ended up having the lights come back on, the car pulled heavily to the right and I wrecked the car on a bridge!!! So yes this is a definite safety issue and don't believe that when someone says on this forum that it is not anything that it may be just a slippage. If you are truly slipping you will notice a slight correction and yes the light will come on to help compensate, it is a great safety feature but in my case and it seems in others on this forums case, this is a huge safety issue. And the tire that I had originally replaced was on the left front so the car should not have pulled to the right. Does anyone have any suggestions on this?

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

To be specific, it is the traction control light and the other light for slipping that comes on and I was told that these are soft codes. Then there is the service auto track which came on and stayed on for a while and that was a hard code but was told that they had to clean the sensor, the lights came back on. I found the forum that had this same issue but once I registered, I could not find it again. I was going to present the forum to ford because they have NEVER heard of this issue at all.
2theedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2013, 05:08 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
OMG wall of text is a pain to read.

What is the vehicle? Is the vehicle fighting you after a sharp turn (like from a parking lot onto a road at a 90* angle) and happens as you accelerate?

It sounds like the mysterious Advancetrac issue plaguing very, very few Mustangs. There is a girl on allfords that has been FIGHTING Ford to fix the problem, because it's rare and almost impossible to diagnose (it shows no real record of the event). The dealership was bending over backwards, but they were having to fight Ford corporate to fix it, even after she had a vehicle data logging device installed by the dealership, which caught it.

I think what eventually fixed her issues was replacing the ABS controller itself. Anyway...
Advanctrac incident caught on Flight Data Recorder - Ford Mustang Forums

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:46 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
OMG wall of text is a pain to read.

What is the vehicle? Is the vehicle fighting you after a sharp turn (like from a parking lot onto a road at a 90* angle) and happens as you accelerate?

It sounds like the mysterious Advancetrac issue plaguing very, very few Mustangs. There is a girl on allfords that has been FIGHTING Ford to fix the problem, because it's rare and almost impossible to diagnose (it shows no real record of the event). The dealership was bending over backwards, but they were having to fight Ford corporate to fix it, even after she had a vehicle data logging device installed by the dealership, which caught it.

I think what eventually fixed her issues was replacing the ABS controller itself. Anyway...
Advanctrac incident caught on Flight Data Recorder - Ford Mustang Forums
It is a 2012 mustang gt 5.0 and the problems are similar to hers. I have been to the shop 4 times for this and I ended up wrecking it because the pull is a sharp pull as if the wheel stops on the right and jerks the wheel. I couldnt get it to do anything but I tried to keep it from hitting the bridge. I was able to graze the bridge instead of hitting it almost at a 45 degree or sharper angle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2013, 06:53 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
You might want to chime in on that thread over there. She almost had a horrible accident due to it. You'd be the first person I know of that has had a wreck because of it. Highly suggest you replace ABS module, even if you pay for it yourself.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:09 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
You might want to chime in on that thread over there. She almost had a horrible accident due to it. You'd be the first person I know of that has had a wreck because of it. Highly suggest you replace ABS module, even if you pay for it yourself.
I thought of getting a lawyer involved but I refuse to make another payment or even drive it again because of this. The dealership did give me a car to drive so they could investigate but I also know ford will never admit fault to the accident.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion