Winter time! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-07-2013, 11:55 AM   #36
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
The 1970 Chevelle ss 454 I had was in my family from the day it left the assembly line(you know what I mean) and had been driven every winter since and when I sold it she was sold as a show car. The guy asked me if I garage kept her and I told him no.

If you take care of your car it won't matter except to the people who only want to choose it does.
I don't know man, ^this is a little hard to believe for cars made pre-1980's.
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2013, 12:09 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy

The 1970 Chevelle ss 454 I had was in my family from the day it left the assembly line(you know what I mean) and had been driven every winter since and when I sold it she was sold as a show car. The guy asked me if I garage kept her and I told him no.

If you take care of your car it won't matter except to the people who only want to choose it does.
So what did that show car that seen 40 winters bring, 50k,60k.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:25 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

The cars in Barrett Jackson have what 100 Kms or less on them? And were garaged most of their life? I've had my car for 2 years already and after each winter I wash the undercarriage out and. Everything underneath still looks new. My v6 before that I had for 5 years same thing. There's salt and moisture in the air and every time you open your garage door it makes its way in there through moisture. Like I said your car oxidizes no matter what garaged or not. Cars there days are made out of better grade of metal alloys then back then. More resistant to the elements etc. if your that anal about it get it under coated with that new electrode technology that goes under your hood and disperses moisture away. As for engine corrosion who cares? After my warranty is done I plan on getting the terminator engine anyway and the magnum Xl tranny. The only way I would storage a car is for keeping it as a collector in hopes of getting alot 30 years from now. Since I get a new mustang every 3-4 years I don't care about the value of it. I've been able to sell my vehicles for what they are worth. I don't see a blue book or black book value stating "storaged" value because its a stupid made up value for most vehicles and its only there for collector and rare vehicles.
Bladezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2013, 12:35 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

So what your saying is, you've never had a car long enough to see the effect winter driving has on them.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:13 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
After taking the 4inchs of snow off of her I went to store lol she sits outside we had 3 inches last night lol I just make sure I rinse salt off weekly at the least other then that some nice Hancock tires I'm all good
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2611771715.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	472.8 KB
ID:	89656  
Moto111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:24 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Send a message via Yahoo to Tominkc
You know if you let your car just sit isn't really that good for it!! Seals dry up. Oil will thicken in the small passages in the motor, battery life shortens I reather drive mine daily and keep seals well lubed and all parts working right!!!
Plus I myself take care of my car everyday!! I drive in snow, and as soon as I can, I'm off to the car wash! Clean it inside and out!! And it always has that showroom look to it!! As long as you take care of it!!! It will last you a life time!!!!
Tominkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:41 PM   #42
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
So what your saying is, you've never had a car long enough to see the effect winter driving has on them.
^yup
Old 02-07-2013, 03:01 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:

Ehhh I sold her for a little less but to be fair she needed to have work done on the engine. Not that it wasn't clean but 40 years and 65,000 miles on a Chevy were rough to her.

She actually didn't run when I sold her
Old 02-07-2013, 03:28 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Don't need to have a grandfather who's a farmer with dozens of vehicles still in good condition from the 30s and up all stores outside on the farm.
Bladezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:36 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

I've given my advise to the OP, he can take it or leave it. If I want to argue, I have 6 kids of my own to do so with...........UNCLE ............
Old 02-07-2013, 03:52 PM   #46
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezx View Post

Don't need to have a grandfather who's a farmer with dozens of vehicles still in good condition from the 30s and up all stores outside on the farm.
Not my car. Not my money. Not my problem.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:55 PM   #47
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
I've given my advise to the OP, he can take it or leave it. If I want to argue, I have 6 kids of my own to do so with...........UNCLE ............
I'm out too. I got a zit I need to pop.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:14 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure

I'm out too. I got a zit I need to pop.
Lol
Old 02-07-2013, 05:16 PM   #49
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
The way I see it, there's two schools of thought to owning a mustang. On one hand, there are those who get one to enjoy it year- round and when it gets to a certain point, sell it or trade it in when the time comes. On the other hand, there are those (me included) that want to keep it for ever regardless of how much time, effort and money it takes. Living in NW Indiana, I can't justify taking my pony out in the snow and salt that is spread on the roads. I envision my two-year-old grandson driving it some day in an era where only a few people will have the knowledge of how to drive a manual transmission equipped car.
^^ +1 ^^

I agree wholeheartedly!! If only l could come make up my mind on one of two cars or if someone would make the decision for me. Then one I drive now, will be stored in a car bubble and be given to my grandson on his 16th birthday two years from now and will comes with a lot of rules attached. I will do the same with the Cobra. That is if I can ever make up my mind.
SCCofSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:01 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

This is a very personal thing dependent on many issues. It's interesting because my 2005 Legend Lime GT only was driven in summer and garaged all winter. This past May, and only the second time out in 2012 a 1993 Celica decided to turn left in front of me and she was totaled. It had only 17k on the clock and I was able to get $20k in salvage cash primarily due to its condition and support of its condition..that's about $7 to $10k more than resale. Yes I turned over the check the same day recieved to buy my current ride.

I keep this one in the garage and plan to have it for years...so n my opinion if you can afford it and have a DD...then put her away for the season (if applicable). If you wan to enjoy her all year..go for it. Anyone that thinks the car is an investment should rethink that..do what makes you happy for reasons you can fit into your life. Just my two cents..

1 of 56 as optioned !!!
GTYUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:01 AM   #51
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTYUP View Post
This is a very personal thing dependent on many issues. It's interesting because my 2005 Legend Lime GT only was driven in summer and garaged all winter. This past May, and only the second time out in 2012 a 1993 Celica decided to turn left in front of me and she was totaled. It had only 17k on the clock and I was able to get $20k in salvage cash primarily due to its condition and support of its condition..that's about $7 to $10k more than resale. Yes I turned over the check the same day recieved to buy my current ride.

I keep this one in the garage and plan to have it for years...so n my opinion if you can afford it and have a DD...then put her away for the season (if applicable). If you wan to enjoy her all year..go for it. Anyone that thinks the car is an investment should rethink that..do what makes you happy for reasons you can fit into your life. Just my two cents..
Love your plates almost as much as I do mine! Two great minds that work/think alike!
SCCofSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:43 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAdrianHand View Post
Attachment 89616

Attachment 89617

I didn't spend all kinda money to only enjoy my car in ideal conditions. My baby is daily driven up here in northern NY
Must have had fun yesterday! We got it pretty good here in northern NJ, and I know you guys got it even worse where you're at. Its awesome to see guys in the northeast DD'ing their stangs.
MyLittlePwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:34 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

There some places that got almost 40 some inches of snow.
Now that's a party!!
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion