Any last minute tips?!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-08-2013, 10:51 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Any last minute tips?!!

I am going to head to my local dealership today to test drive a 5.0. I know for sure that they will not have a car with the options I want so I will probably have them find it for me. I am looking to get a gt premium with recaro seats, nav , and track pack. Is there anyone on here that bought their car with those options? If so how much is the most I should pay for it ? When test driving what should I look for in the transmission? The reason I ask is because I know some people said that their car had shifting issues and that they test drove others and didn't notice it . Any tips help guys. I have also decided that I will take either the sterling grey or the deep impact blue. I couldn't decide on just one so whichever has the options I want I will take .
Dloza05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2013, 11:26 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
The deep impact blue looks amazing. Never been a fan of grey cars. As for the trans, it should be firm but smooth. Don't try to rush it. Price is very area dependant but if your looking at a 13, with those options. (I really suggest the interior upgrade one too. But I'm a sucker for that stuff.) your looking at 35 - 38 ish as a decent deal. My favourite tactic in haggling is always to find out what they want as a base price. Knock a grand off it and say that's my out the door price (so taxes and dealer fees are on them not you) those fees and taxes really add up. I've saved alot of money that way.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:40 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Invoice with out the Recaro seats is $38,370. I'm not sure how much the Recaro's will add but I can't imagine it being much over $1K.

Depending on who you work for you may qualify for the X plan. The X plan is (invoice X .004) + $275.00. Depending on what the local dealer charges for dealer handling the X price may be better than a straight invoice deal since the X plan prohibits the dealer from charging more than $99 for the dealer handling fee.

If you do not qualify for the X plan do not pay a dollar over invoice. The dealer still makes money when they sell at invoice because they retain the hold back and they will most likely get a spin (bonus) from the manufacturer for selling you the car.

If you have a trade in make sure to educate yourself on the value because they will low ball you on your trade in. Car Price, Used Car Value, Book Value | NADAguides | NADA Price Value, NADA Book Value, Specs, NADA Trade In Value & Vehicle Pricing | NADA Book Price & Car Cost Guides | NADA Car Value, Car Book Appraisal Value, Owner Costs, NADA Auto Value Appraisa is your best friend when it comes to determining the trade value of the vehicle.

There is currently an offer to have $2,000 in rebates or factory financing which is 0% for 48 months 0.9% for 60 or 2.9% for 72 months. These offers cannot be combined. If you have a credit union you can likely get the 2.9% from them and take the $2,000 in rebates.
SlowPokeGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2013, 12:14 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude View Post
The deep impact blue looks amazing. Never been a fan of grey cars. As for the trans, it should be firm but smooth. Don't try to rush it. Price is very area dependant but if your looking at a 13, with those options. (I really suggest the interior upgrade one too. But I'm a sucker for that stuff.) your looking at 35 - 38 ish as a decent deal. My favourite tactic in haggling is always to find out what they want as a base price. Knock a grand off it and say that's my out the door price (so taxes and dealer fees are on them not you) those fees and taxes really add up. I've saved alot of money that way.
Great advice I will use it . Thanks =]

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowPokeGT View Post
Invoice with out the Recaro seats is $38,370. I'm not sure how much the Recaro's will add but I can't imagine it being much over $1K.

Depending on who you work for you may qualify for the X plan. The X plan is (invoice X .004) + $275.00. Depending on what the local dealer charges for dealer handling the X price may be better than a straight invoice deal since the X plan prohibits the dealer from charging more than $99 for the dealer handling fee.

If you do not qualify for the X plan do not pay a dollar over invoice. The dealer still makes money when they sell at invoice because they retain the hold back and they will most likely get a spin (bonus) from the manufacturer for selling you the car.

If you have a trade in make sure to educate yourself on the value because they will low ball you on your trade in. Car Price, Used Car Value, Book Value | NADAguides | NADA Price Value, NADA Book Value, Specs, NADA Trade In Value & Vehicle Pricing | NADA Book Price & Car Cost Guides | NADA Car Value, Car Book Appraisal Value, Owner Costs, NADA Auto Value Appraisa is your best friend when it comes to determining the trade value of the vehicle.

There is currently an offer to have $2,000 in rebates or factory financing which is 0% for 48 months 0.9% for 60 or 2.9% for 72 months. These offers cannot be combined. If you have a credit union you can likely get the 2.9% from them and take the $2,000 in rebates.
I am looking to trade in my f250. It gave the trade in value of 24000 clean and 22500 average . Does that sound about right? If so how much is the least i should I get for it? I bought this truck off of this dealership a little over a year ago certified pre owned and I am paying extended warranty for it too

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude View Post
Wouldn't the recaro seats and the nav already be the most you can upgrade the interior? or is there more?
Old 02-08-2013, 12:39 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Try to order the car through them, you get a better deal since if you get it form another dealer through the given dealer the original dealer keeps all the dealer kick backs etc.

There are rebates and then dealer rebates, they dont tell you about the kick backs the dealer gets but you can find out online. They probably wont acknowledge it etc but you know they have it.

Pay invoice, know invoice as well. Buying at the end of the month is good since they try to meet quotas.

Take up as much time as you can so they feel invested in you buying.

Go around to other dealers, if the deal is better GET IT ITEMIZED IN A QUOTE SHEET from that dealer, this alone saved me as the other dealer had to match it and said "no they didnt add it up right so its 200.00 more" I had my quote sheet and BAM they droped the price to match

Ordering a car should end up being cheaper, no overhead of it being on the lot etc, rolls off the truck and you buy so they get cash earlier.

Ask for brochures from ford (go to ford.com etc) usually they will include a 750.00 off coupon on new vehicles that you can use. Not all have it but keep requesting, they expire after like X months from time you get it.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:54 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
My personal tip is to go in late in the day. If the dealership closes at 9 pm go in at about 8 PM. Be sure to stay past nine asking a lot of questions you already know the answers to. When I bought my 5.0 we didn't agree on a price until about 9:45. At about 9:15 I had actually stood up and walked out because of price. They came running after me and finally after a little more bargaining they gave me the price I wanted. Be sure to mention how much you like the challenger and Camero's (even though you don't).

Thanks my two cents. Also stay away from numbers focus on a term and a monthly payment. Use terms like 400$ per month 5 months for example vs just talking overall numbers. This makes it so they can't sneak in as many extra fees.

Good luck. Be sure to post pictures after you drive away.
DJwils08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:46 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Ok guys so the msrp on the car is 41,525. This is including recaro leather seats. Nav . Track pack. I test drove the 3.31 gears it is fassst. They will have to bring me the car from another dealership though since they do not have it here. They want to give me around 16k for the truck and the value is at least 22500 for trade in. They told me that they go off of the price that they can get the truck at an auction and not kbb or Nada if that's what it's called. Tips? How much to pay for the car?
Old 02-08-2013, 03:49 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dloza05 View Post
Ok guys so the msrp on the car is 41,525. This is including recaro leather seats. Nav . Track pack. I test drove the 3.31 gears it is fassst. They will have to bring me the car from another dealership though since they do not have it here. They want to give me around 16k for the truck and the value is at least 22500 for trade in. They told me that they go off of the price that they can get the truck at an auction and not kbb or Nada if that's what it's called. Tips? How much to pay for the car?
41 for a gt is way too much, i would get a used boss for that $$$
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:07 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post

41 for a gt is way too much, i would get a used boss for that $$$
That is before negotiating . This car is fully loaded!
Old 02-08-2013, 04:10 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That is before negotiating . This car is fully loaded!
I wouldnt pay over 36k for a GT no matter how loaded it is because you will be in BOSS 302 territory.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:12 PM   #11
Road Trip!

Quote:

I wouldnt pay over 36k for a GT no matter how loaded it is because you will be in BOSS 302 territory.
I've never seen a boss for 36k
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:17 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post

I've never seen a boss for 36k
Yea i seen used boss for 37k with LOW miles.
But anyways that is just me, some people will be better with the toys on a GT than the Performance on the boss. It is all just my opinion.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:22 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

I just found 81 bosses from 36 to low 39k
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-310100994.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	236.4 KB
ID:	89858  
Old 02-08-2013, 04:26 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
I just found 81 bosses from 36 to low 39k
Ouch that sucks for those guys, because they probably paid from 50-70 for some of them,
Just because the dealer marked them up.
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:35 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

I know where you guys are coming from and i appreciate the advice but i have no use for a boss 302. I have seen alot of people on this forum pay 38 or a little more which is what i will probably end up paying. The only reason I am willing to pay that much is because i always end up installing stereo systems and a bunch of crap on my cars and in a way i feel like it loses it value. This way I dont mess with the interior at all and i only do exterior and performance mods. I know alot of you probably trade in your cars and get new cars often but the deal with me is that i will have this car for a long time. Another reason why i dont believe its too bad of an idea is because of the people I see that have paid that much for their mustangs are completely happy with them!

I would like it if you guys could help me with the pricing on this specific vehicle please.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:38 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Here is the window sticker
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3298282788.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	473.7 KB
ID:	89860  
Old 02-08-2013, 04:42 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Looks good! Kinda wish I got the recaros, but I love the heated seats!!
Maverick2004054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:44 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick2004054 View Post
Looks good! Kinda wish I got the recaros, but I love the heated seats!!
+1
Old 02-08-2013, 04:45 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I know where you guys are coming from and i appreciate the advice but i have no use for a boss 302. I have seen alot of people on this forum pay 38 or a little more which is what i will probably end up paying. The only reason I am willing to pay that much is because i always end up installing stereo systems and a bunch of crap on my cars and in a way i feel like it loses it value. This way I dont mess with the interior at all and i only do exterior and performance mods. I know alot of you probably trade in your cars and get new cars often but the deal with me is that i will have this car for a long time. Another reason why i dont believe its too bad of an idea is because of the people I see that have paid that much for their mustangs are completely happy with them!

I would like it if you guys could help me with the pricing on this specific vehicle please.
Well said man, you are 100% correct.

With this current car at 41 i would start the negotiation at 35 and u shouldn't pay more that 38500 or so but it varies. Good luck!!
Old 02-08-2013, 04:50 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Could look online, if your curious for other cars, tons of deals out there,

I think that dealership would work with you more because you shopped there before.

A lot of people told me to go used or a car with about 10k on it. But I'm gonna keep mine forever and it's worth it to me, to know my rear-end has been only one in the car
Old 02-08-2013, 04:51 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well said man, you are 100% correct.

With this current car at 41 i would start the negotiation at 35 and u shouldn't pay more that 38500 or so but it varies. Good luck!!
Thanks McQueen I hope I didnt come of as a prick I just wondered why you thought it was so much money if others had paid the same if not more with less options. BTW I follow your posts and have learned alot from you and your car is badass.!!
Old 02-08-2013, 05:02 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_james123 View Post
Could look online, if your curious for other cars, tons of deals out there,

I think that dealership would work with you more because you shopped there before.

A lot of people told me to go used or a car with about 10k on it. But I'm gonna keep mine forever and it's worth it to me, to know my rear-end has been only one in the car
Same here bud i am in the same position and thats how i want to look at it too!! haha
Old 02-08-2013, 05:07 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Same here bud i am in the same position and thats how i want to look at it too!! haha
Yea find your dream car,

Take all the advice you want, but I think the worst thought to think after is "I really wish I would have gotten that" haha
Good luck with the search, post the pictures, always nice to see someone's stang
Old 02-08-2013, 05:10 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Edmunds.com says the invoice on that car w/ the Recaro seats is $38,592.00

If you bring your own financing you'll qualify for $2,000 in customer cash rebates. You can also receive an additional $500 in rebates for being a college student.

If the dealer gives you $20,000 for your truck you will only have to pay sales tax on $18,592.00 + Dealer handling which we'll estimate at $600. Assuming tax is roughly 8% in your area that would make your sales tax bill $1535.36. Rebates are applied after sales tax so you should be seeing something like this..

( 2,500)

The finance guy will ask you if you want GAP insurance. If you are going to finance more than 80% of the vehicles value I would recommend you get the GAP insurance, it is typically 1% of the vehicle sales price and it's worth it's weight in gold if you total the car within the first 3-4 years you own it. If Nada is telling you that the trade in on your car is $22K and the dealer is saying $16K I wouldn't accept less than $20K.

If the dealer doesn't want to make a deal now wait until the end of the month. February is usually a very light month for car dealerships because everyone is waiting for their tax returns to come in so you should be able to find someone willing to make the deal you want at the end of the month. I know it will be very difficult to wait it out and the dealer knows this as well but you must remove your emotions from this purchase in order to get the best deal you can.
SlowPokeGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:25 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I like my cars as much as the next person but dang why not just get the roush stage 3 2013 ? Only 5 grand more and resale will be tons better just a idea those seats are outrageous their great seats but recaro doesn't have near that money into them . Hope u get ur dream car though
99GreenStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:16 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Ok so did you guys pay cash or something???!!! Because these people are making it come out to to about 50k including tax DMV and all the other fees. Most I offered them was 40k out the door including all fees . Did I misunderstand you guys or did I do right in walking out?
Old 02-08-2013, 07:21 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Haha 50k for a mustang? They must be on crack you can look at gt500s almost lol maybe expand your search what state are you shopping in out of curiosity
Moto111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:37 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto111 View Post
Haha 50k for a mustang? They must be on crack you can look at gt500s almost lol maybe expand your search what state are you shopping in out of curiosity
I am in Southern California
Old 02-08-2013, 07:42 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto111 View Post
+1

It's hilarious seeing a salesman get out his calculator, and get this outrageous number, and they act like their doing you a favor!! Haha

There's a ford dealership out in Nebraska, called woodhouse ford, they will give you best on trade, site unseen, and search throughout the country for exactly what you want, they sorta take the b/s talk out of the whole sales process.
Just a thought
Old 02-08-2013, 07:43 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

I got my 13 for 36k out the door. Ordered in January of 2012..... GT premium, GT Track pack, glass roof, electronics package, and comfort package.... 50K is a little ridiculous.... Buy one here in S. Fl. A lot cheaper. I also bought my 07 Saleen S331 SC for 32K from WA state, and had it shipped to FL
Maverick2004054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:45 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

My out the door was 36200 with 100% everything included. Window sticker was 39*** and it was reduce to 33***. About 3000 in tax, where are they getting the extra 9000$
Old 02-08-2013, 08:57 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
My out the door was 36200 with 100% everything included. Window sticker was 39*** and it was reduce to 33***. About 3000 in tax, where are they getting the extra 9000$
Then what the heck ? They are crazy!! They said 4 grand in taxes and 4 something in financing .
Old 02-08-2013, 09:10 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dloza05

Then what the heck ? They are crazy!! They said 4 grand in taxes and 4 something in financing .
Every states sales tax and laws are different.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:26 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

They are just high balling, it is your job now to bring it down. Let the fun/ annoying process begin. Lol
Old 02-08-2013, 09:37 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
They are just high balling, it is your job now to bring it down. Let the fun/ annoying process begin. Lol
Yeah I'm hoping to get a call pretty soon. My truck is at that dealership so they know I have to be back in a couple of days to pick it up

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion