JLT rai and bama tune questions!!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-12-2013, 03:10 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
MachMan1017's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Colorado
Posts: 366
JLT rai and bama tune questions!!!

Okay I an getting ready to receive my income tax and I really want some more performance out of the Mach 1.

I really want the JLT rai and bama tune! Looked on AM and it is not sold together any more.

Being a college student funds are not as expendable as I would like.

If I bought both separate that is around $650!

I guess my question is, are the gains going to be that nice to where I am going to feel satisfied with spending that much?

Torn between doing this and finishing the sound system in my car( door speakers and amp--alpine pdx f4 with alpine type r spr 60c speakers)

I don't go to the drag strip, car is my DD, little ad ons for the future...maybe mid pipe, short throw ect.

Would love to hear your response on your bama tune! Thanks
MachMan1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-12-2013, 05:48 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
I have been running a 91 Hybrid tune on my bama performance tuner along with a CAI. Freaking love it and the car is a different beast than from stock. Pulls way harder down low, mid and high. Night and day from stock. The only adjustment I want AM to make on my tune is a zero lag throttle response. Instant throttle response they can give you. This is a first have mod. Worth every penny.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:01 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
MachMan1017's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Colorado
Posts: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I have been running a 91 Hybrid tune on my bama performance tuner along with a CAI. Freaking love it and the car is a different beast than from stock. Pulls way harder down low, mid and high. Night and day from stock. The only adjustment I want AM to make on my tune is a zero lag throttle response. Instant throttle response they can give you. This is a first have mod. Worth every penny.
Sounds just what I'm looking for.

I need to pull the trigger on this, yet I still find myself researching more and more lol.
MachMan1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-12-2013, 06:05 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
DaBluedude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Region: Canada
Posts: 1,996
I think the tuner is a great buy but honestly, my jlt is cool but I don't know if it's worth it. My exhaust mods are worth way more imo. And my shifter is by far the best mod I've made. No doubt. But the jlt does look mean as **** underhood with that huge filter.
__________________
2003 Mach 1
DaBluedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:16 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
MachMan1017's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Colorado
Posts: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude View Post
I think the tuner is a great buy but honestly, my jlt is cool but I don't know if it's worth it. My exhaust mods are worth way more imo. And my shifter is by far the best mod I've made. No doubt. But the jlt does look mean as **** underhood with that huge filter.
Now with the jlt rai can you take the hear shield off for looks? Or would it not be wise to do so?
MachMan1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:29 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
DaBluedude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Region: Canada
Posts: 1,996
I've got the shield on. But it doesn't do much for heat shielding. I've heard the next gen one is better. To get the coolest moving air temps I leave it off. But it does keep crap off the filter pretty well. It's a huge filter and probably increases air flow a little bit but the bottle neck is still the maf. If you have a shifter and catback then I would say go for it but otherwise, there are better bang for buck mods. If i had 650-700 to spend on a stock mach (funny because I spent 2300$ on stuff today for my mach) i would try bet a tuner and a offroad Midpipe. The jba o/r H sounds amazing!
__________________
2003 Mach 1
DaBluedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:38 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachMan1017 View Post

Sounds just what I'm looking for.

I need to pull the trigger on this, yet I still find myself researching more and more lol.
My friend, you sound just like me over a year ago. Doing the research, asking people on this site. Debating whether its worth spending the 600 bucks. Going back and forth. Finally I decided to say heck with it and I'm pulling the trigger and ordered them.

My fellow stanger, I'm here to tell you, it's the best money I had spent on my 11 V6 as of yet and you will not have any regret. You will love the performance tuner and the added power your pony will have. The shift points that AM puts on the tune is unreal especially if your someone like me who has an automatic. Night and day. Stop thinking about it, call AM right now and minimum get the sct bama tuner but really I recommend the CAI combo with it.
After you get it you will be saying what the heck took me so long to buy this. I have been running the tune for just over a year now and my pony is over 2 years old. Also, the hybrid tune is where its at in my opinion and for what I'm looking for its the best tune AM has to date. Its the most aggressive tune that gives the maximum power down low, mid and high range. Its certainly not a fuel MPG saver tune. Lol. Bro, pull the trigger my friend.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:49 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
MachMan1017's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Colorado
Posts: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

My friend, you sound just like me over a year ago. Doing the research, asking people on this site. Debating whether its worth spending the 600 bucks. Going back and forth. Finally I decided to say heck with it and I'm pulling the trigger and ordered them.

My fellow stanger, I'm here to tell you, it's the best money I had spent on my 11 V6 as of yet and you will not have any regret. You will love the performance tuner and the added power your pony will have. The shift points that AM puts on the tune is unreal especially if your someone like me who has an automatic. Night and day. Stop thinking about it, call AM right now and minimum get the sct bama tuner but really I recommend the CAI combo with it.
After you get it you will be saying what the heck took me so long to buy this. I have been running the tune for just over a year now and my pony is over 2 years old. Also, the hybrid tune is where its at in my opinion and for what I'm looking for its the best tune AM has to date. Its the most aggressive tune that gives the maximum power down low, mid and high range. Its certainly not a fuel MPG saver tune. Lol. Bro, pull the trigger my friend.
You sir should be in sales lol

It does sound like after I pull the trigger and get it on that it's going to be well worth it.

I have to wait for my income tax to deposit in my checking and then I think I'm going to snag the JLT ram air intake next gen and bama tuner.
MachMan1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:25 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachMan1017 View Post

You sir should be in sales lol

It does sound like after I pull the trigger and get it on that it's going to be well worth it.

I have to wait for my income tax to deposit in my checking and then I think I'm going to snag the JLT ram air intake next gen and bama tuner.
Well actually I used to be in sales but that was over 16 years ago now I'm in a complete different profession. Lol. Well wait till you get your tax refund and pull that trigger. Just one friendly reminder, should you tune your vehicle, you run the risk of loosing warranty coverage should you need warranty repair work. Just food for thought.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:55 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
MachMan1017's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Colorado
Posts: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Well actually I used to be in sales but that was over 16 years ago now I'm in a complete different profession. Lol. Well wait till you get your tax refund and pull that trigger. Just one friendly reminder, should you tune your vehicle, you run the risk of loosing warranty coverage should you need warranty repair work. Just food for thought.
No warranty for me to worry about
MachMan1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:16 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachMan1017 View Post

No warranty for me to worry about
Well then nothing holding you back now bro. It's all you daddy o!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:46 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
MachMan1017's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Colorado
Posts: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Well then nothing holding you back now bro. It's all you daddy o!
Lol correcto muendo.

Well hopefully within the next 2 weeks I'll have it installed with updates and pictures. And a big smile on my face lol
MachMan1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:51 AM   #13
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachMan1017 View Post
Okay I an getting ready to receive my income tax and I really want some more performance out of the Mach 1.

I really want the JLT rai and bama tune! Looked on AM and it is not sold together any more.

Being a college student funds are not as expendable as I would like.

If I bought both separate that is around $650!

I guess my question is, are the gains going to be that nice to where I am going to feel satisfied with spending that much?

Torn between doing this and finishing the sound system in my car( door speakers and amp--alpine pdx f4 with alpine type r spr 60c speakers)

I don't go to the drag strip, car is my DD, little ad ons for the future...maybe mid pipe, short throw ect.

Would love to hear your response on your bama tune! Thanks
I agree with a lot of the information being tossed around in here. I actually have some experience with both of the item's your interested in ! I drive a 04' Torch Red Mach1 with just about every bolt on mod you can do. The day I got the car, I through a JLT Intake, Bama Tune and SLP LM2 catback on! I noticed a big difference in a few different departments. Power, Torque, Acceleration, Sound, Gas Mileage, Drive Ability and so much more! I haven't looked back since. Besides these three mods, I think my personal favorite mod was the 4.10 gears. Those were the biggest gain for the butt Dyno!

I'm glad to see you're leaning towards these mods. Let me know if you have any questions, need some assistance or just want to chat! Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266. I can also have one of them call you directly.

-Dan
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266| Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:36 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
MachMan1017's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Colorado
Posts: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post

I agree with a lot of the information being tossed around in here. I actually have some experience with both of the item's your interested in ! I drive a 04' Torch Red Mach1 with just about every bolt on mod you can do. The day I got the car, I through a JLT Intake, Bama Tune and SLP LM2 catback on! I noticed a big difference in a few different departments. Power, Torque, Acceleration, Sound, Gas Mileage, Drive Ability and so much more! I haven't looked back since. Besides these three mods, I think my personal favorite mod was the 4.10 gears. Those were the biggest gain for the butt Dyno!

I'm glad to see you're leaning towards these mods. Let me know if you have any questions, need some assistance or just want to chat! Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266. I can also have one of them call you directly.

-Dan
This guy lmao

Awesome customer care as always!

I just wish you guys were still running the combo pack for sale.

But honestly I've been so impressed with American Muscles customer service, and the want to help for any other fellow mustang owner that I will most likely buy from this from American Muscle.

As always AM, your people are doing great!
MachMan1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:24 AM   #15
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachMan1017 View Post
This guy lmao

Awesome customer care as always!

I just wish you guys were still running the combo pack for sale.

But honestly I've been so impressed with American Muscles customer service, and the want to help for any other fellow mustang owner that I will most likely buy from this from American Muscle.

As always AM, your people are doing great!
Thanks for the kind words man. We'll always bend over backwards to make sure all of our customers are satisfied and taken care of. That being said, shoot me a PM with what items your after. I'm going to put them back into a kit for you !

-Dan
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266| Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:49 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
MachMan1017's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Colorado
Posts: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post

Thanks for the kind words man. We'll always bend over backwards to make sure all of our customers are satisfied and taken care of. That being said, shoot me a PM with what items your after. I'm going to put them back into a kit for you !

-Dan
Pm sent.

Once again thanks for everything!
MachMan1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:40 AM   #17
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachMan1017 View Post
Pm sent.

Once again thanks for everything!
PM Replied! You're all set up, just hit me up whenever you're ready to place your order.

-Dan
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266| Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



07:17 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.