buying stuff from here.. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-12-2013, 09:57 PM   #1
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: California
Posts: 610
buying stuff from here..

How do you guys feel about buying stuff from here.. I mean we are all strangers we don't know eachother..
Andy714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-12-2013, 09:58 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
lol how do you feel when you buy things from ebay or CL..you don't know them. in the end you either take a shot at it or you don't
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:04 PM   #3
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: California
Posts: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
lol how do you feel when you buy things from ebay or CL..you don't know them. in the end you either take a shot at it or you don't
Well cl you can meet locally nd eBay has a buyer protection but here you just send the money hoping they send the stuff.. there's a thread bout someone who had problems with this.
Andy714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-12-2013, 10:06 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
and if you feel you don't wanna buy things here you don't have to....but if you do use paypal...there's your buyers protection
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:56 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
maldog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Nevada
Posts: 1,563
I love freaking pay pal .....it's great
__________________
2006 Mustang GT Premium RedFire. CAI, SLP Loudmouth, SCT Progammer, 5 speed manual trans. My other car is a CORVETTE!
maldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:08 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
New me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 186
I prefer 2 see who I'm buying from not a computer and how do u know if the other is sending your part or not
New me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:28 PM   #7
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: California
Posts: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by New me View Post
I prefer 2 see who I'm buying from not a computer and how do u know if the other is sending your part or not
Exactly
Andy714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:40 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
New me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 186
I don't blame u I was **** over by pay pale and face 2 face u can't do that
New me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:48 PM   #9
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: California
Posts: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by New me View Post
I don't blame u I was **** over by pay pale and face 2 face u can't do that
Dammn that sucks man.. was it a lot $
Andy714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:56 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
New me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 186
About 700 so 2 me yea
New me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:35 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
So dont buy online lol...its not a hard concept :p face 2 face means jack crap in todays time. We have a post limit here for a reason. You can look at how they act on the site..if you decide to buy from someone thats great...it means you made an adult decision based on what you found out. Can i say you'll never be ripped off...nope, but don't let fear dictate your life. If you see someone selling something and you wanna buy it...pm for a number so you can call and talk on it if that makes you feel better.
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:50 AM   #12
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: California
Posts: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by New me View Post
About 700 so 2 me yea
Dang dude.. that's a ***** move whoever did that to you

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
So dont buy online lol...its not a hard concept :p face 2 face means jack crap in todays time. We have a post limit here for a reason. You can look at how they act on the site..if you decide to buy from someone thats great...it means you made an adult decision based on what you found out. Can i say you'll never be ripped off...nope, but don't let fear dictate your life. If you see someone selling something and you wanna buy it...pm for a number so you can call and talk on it if that makes you feel better.
Yea you are right.. I guess it just a50/50
Andy714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:56 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
I've bought a set of drag wheels off this site. The experience was good and we used pay pal. The guy that said he was ripped off using pay pal, I don't think is telling the whole story. I can see it being a pita if the other person renigs, but pay pal guarantees your money.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:33 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
New me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 186
Yea but after u louse about 500-600 we'll see if u thank the same way and if u send the money and thay have a prepay card like Wallmart sells and that delet the account there is no refund cuz that's the only way 2 track them is by the card
New me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:42 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
First off you should never buy anything.with a method that doesnt have a full proof safety net like paypal uses...its like when people buy things but gift the money to save the sale charge...big no no lol
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:22 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
UltArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy714
How do you guys feel about buying stuff from here.. I mean we are all strangers we don't know eachother..
Research your seller. People post a lot of personal information and don't realize it. I can tell you a creepy amount of information about most given users with a solid half to hour of investigating lol. Out of my two purchases on here, one done, one in progress, I have 100% confidence.

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc

Research your seller. People post a lot of personal information and don't realize it. I can tell you a creepy amount of information about most given users with a solid half to hour of investigating lol. Out of my two purchases on here, one done, one in progress, I have 100% confidence.
Ah, and if you do it in person, I am always able to adequately protect myself. If you are nervous about that, or not able to do so in your state, then call your PD and tell them, then when they show up, take a picture of their car and tag plate. When my wife does CL stuff I show up and park separate if I don't go with her. Either way, there are two educated people.

Do your research and make yourself a safety net, and you should be good.
__________________
2012 Mustang EPA: 19/29
2012 AeroStang: 40/46

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:00 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
New me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 186
And it was pay pale that did it
New me is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



10:07 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.