Tell me the story of how you got your V6!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-15-2013, 09:50 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Tell me the story of how you got your V6!!

Just as the title says, tell me the story behind your purchase!!

As in what happened at the dealer? did you test drive any other vehicles? Was your salesman nice, mean, a dick, what? Did you trade in a vehicle?

Waht was your car before your current mustang??

Just share the whole story leading up to the moment you drove away in your shiny new stang:]

Thanks for sharing!
DigitalBman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2013, 10:16 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Date: November 2012
Car before my Mustang: 01 Olds Alero which was a hand me down after my Jetta blew up in '09
Dealer: J&W in Clarksville
At the dealer: They were very helpful, I got to test drive a 2013 because they didn't have any 12's on the lot. Why I wanted a 12? They were offering an end of the year closeout $3000 off any 2012 Mustang and plus I got $500 for active duty Army. I think they were trying to convince me to buy a 13 instead but I stuck to my guns and politely said I wanted a 12.
Salesperson: Really nice woman. Didn't feel pressured at all.
Other workers there: Really great people. The head of finance spent 18 years at Ft. Campbell which I thought was really cool since I am trying to stay here for awhile
Purchasing the vehicle: Locked in the Mustang which had to be driven up from Arkansas. Finance said the best they could give me was 5.8% APR through Ford financial. I said no and went with my bank Navy Fed and got 1.9%.
Trade in: Negative I kept the Alero until I sold it to a friend who blew the clutch a week later so I have to give him his money back.
Delivery: Got a call on a Wednesday, said the Mustang was ready for delivery. I took a friend who drove my car back and went up to the dealer. Didn't even bother changing out of my ACUs. I remember seeing the Mustang outside for the first time. Dealer told me some things about it and then I turned the key, started up, and drove away!
rotors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:25 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
When i decided to get a new car was the day me and my best friend decided we were both getting mustangs.

That week we went to two dealerships. The first dealerships they didnt take us seriously and that ticked me off. Okay sure im 20 but if i go and start talking about buying myself a new car and you not take me seriously u just lost my money. At one point i was **** this guy. I whipped out the 10k i was gna use to put down (i saved for 2 years for my new car) i told him, sir this entire time me and my friend have been here you have acted as if we were kids and were not serious. I was going to spend this money as a down payment for the mustang i wanted. You just lost this sale and your commission have a nice day. Me and my friend went to our other ford dealer.

The sale lady there was very nice and offered a water to us and even brought us an umbrella cuz it was really hot and sunny out (mid summer in texas) we tried out a couple different mustangs. We tried a red, yellow, grabber blue, grabber green, and black. I fell in love with my baby ( storm trooper) because she is all white and black. My best friend was sold on a Kona blue Stang. My baby was the base package nothing fancy as i didnt wanna spend money on things i would replace like stereo, wheels, gears, appearance etc.. My friend on the other hand went balls out and got the stang with EVERYTHING lol electronic, comfort, performance, every legit package u could have he had it.

After we dropped the 10k each the lady was like oh **** these guys are pimps :p haha na but she got even nicer lol she tried getting me to pay normal pricing 24,995 and i was like ummm no i will pay 19 and thats it. Go tell your manager im dropping 10k if u dont like it i can leave. Please come back with a yes or let me leave now.

After 10min of waiting she came back with the manager and he tried telling me the best he could do was 22 i said okay then lets go zack (best friend) and we both got up and left. Right before we got to the car the manager yelled and said okay 19 and its yours today!!

We got back in. And began to talk about my friends car. They wanted 29,999 and i was like...no thanks we will only pay 24 and 24 only. Take it or leave it because if he dont get it for 24 u dont get any of our money. We came together we leave together simple as that. She was like ****! She went to speak to the manager again! He came and said sir 24k for a 30k car your asking too much. I told him sir either we get it for 24k or we both leave and you lose my business as well. He reluctantly agreed after explaining how he couldn't do it and me just sitting there as if i knew he was gna say yes lol. So after the hustling we said heres 5k each as a down and were taking the car. We will be back wednesday to get it all finalized (it was monday). He agreed and we left with our babies
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2013, 11:27 AM   #4
Admin

Supporter
Admin

My wife was sick and in the hospital.....

My current ride at the time was a 2005 F150 STX with the 4.2 V6. It got decent mileage, but I knew I'd be taking many trips back and forth from Orlando to Tampa.

I headed out to the local Ford dealer to buy a Kona Blue, V6 base model (all I could afford with a sone still in college...). They had two. On the way back into the showroom to start the proccess of trade in and price negotiation, I spotted a race red, 2011 V6 by the door. It was loaded, and only 2000 miles on it. Priced at 18K, I delt on it; bought it, and do not regret it. Ended up with the factory warranty 34K left on that), plus the 100K drivetrain warranty, plus a certified pre-owned warranty to 50K because it was used.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:02 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Went to the dealer, gave him a check and drove home.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:22 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
Went to the dealer, gave him a check and drove home.
Smooth...
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:11 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I was going to buy a Toyota FR-S (because I didn't want to wait for the Subaru badged twin) but after doing some maths, found myself wondering if I really wanted to spend that much, locked in to a new finance period, all for a car which is less then practical. I drove both (the Totoya and Subaru), fell in love and was downright committed to getting one or the other. I mean, I was passionate about it.

And then, in my comparison shopping, I drove some other cars - namely it's cheif competitors like the V6 Mustang, Genesis and Nissan and found that only the Mustang gave me the feeling I was looking for - albeit a totally different feeling then the Toyobaru Twins gave me, but great none the less.

So I was split.

And then I did some shopping and realized that if I lowered my expectations in terms of purchase price somewhat, I'd have room to wiggle. It was while I was looking at another car that I spotted my Mustang. This was as far from a Ford dealership as you can get, really. I checked it out - super low km's, no accidents (clean history), just one owner who drove it locally, with a stick and a third pedal, it also had all the features I wanted without anything I didn't...

... and when he saw I was interested, he came at me with a price. We knocked $3000.00 off of that, and I walked away paying 1/3rd what I would have had I bought the v6 or Toyobaru.

With this Mustang, on the very short finance period I've set up, with the interest I have (which is low) I'll have this car paid off in no time, set up the way I want and then I can either hold on to it, or use it as trade on my next vehicle inside of 3 years (looking at another Mustang, a CTS-V Sportwagon...)

It should be noted: The Wife has agreed that I get my "sports car" to play with, put money in, and be an irresponsible man with BUT, when the kids come along, I have to be more sensible (back seats, 4 doors, and a sizable boot) which is why I'll be looking at whatever the hottest RWD wagon on the market is at the time.

Speaking of which, fingers crossed for the new RWD Chevy SS! Maybe then Ford will get off it's arse and give us a performance, RWD, manual, wagon too!
Old 02-15-2013, 07:26 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Sold my 04 GT after work one day...next day picked me up my current 04 v6

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:35 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
Sold my 04 GT after work one day...next day picked me up my current 04 v6
See, this here is my problem now. I know, with about 98% certianty that I'll be stuck on Stangs again for the rest of my life. Thought I had kicked it with my 88 back when I was a lad.

But no...

I know for a fact that if someone offered me the right price for my pony, right now, I'd be out shopping for another.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:47 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Well i sold the GT due to the list of things wrong with it. Took a loss selling it but it was cheaper then fixing it....found my v6 through my family...it was sitting collecting dust so i got it for a decent price. Been enjoying it since...much more fun in the corners then my GT was. Although i do miss the tq sometimes lol

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:50 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
Well i sold the GT due to the list of things wrong with it. Took a loss selling it but it was cheaper then fixing it....found my v6 through my family...it was sitting collecting dust so i got it for a decent price. Been enjoying it since...much more fun in the corners then my GT was. Although i do miss the tq sometimes lol
But not the higher gas and insurance premiums, huh?
Old 02-16-2013, 08:39 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
As in what happened at the dealer? did you test drive any other vehicles? Was your salesman nice, mean, a dick, what? Did you trade in a vehicle?
I went to the dealer and drove both a 2012 V6 with the perf package and without for one more time. sat down 2/2/12 and ordered my 2013 that day built to my specs, Premium, perf pkj, comfort and MCA edition with mt82. dealer i had dealt with on used vehicles 3 times running. He was perfect. car officially ordered once Ford system would allow on 2/4. car arrived on 4/25/12! everything was as I asked for and then some. they even compensated me for the chage up in the black foundry wheels which changed to the dark grey for the 13s buy giving me the california special grilles (Black) at no charge!

What was your car before your current mustang?? Sold a 1990 Chevrolet S10 that I had very little money in for a great amount and used for the down payment. previous mustang had been a 2000 Convertible with the 3.8 in electric green

"Slimer" 2013 V6 Premium 6MT
"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Gtzzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:02 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkolabin View Post
Speaking of which, fingers crossed for the new RWD Chevy SS! Maybe then Ford will get off it's arse and give us a performance, RWD, manual, wagon too!
If they make an SS wagon, it won't last long. They just don't sell. It's the reason the Magnum was killed off, despite the 300/Charger/Challenger still existing and made on the same frame.

I cross-shopped Ford, Chevy, and Dodge for a 2-door, manual coupe in my price range. The Mustang had the biggest bang for the buck, so I ordered one just like I wanted it.

Traded in a '10 Malibu LT that I'd had since 8k miles on the clock. That car was nice at first, but then started choking on its own vomit around 20k miles. I had to have trim fix, rear cup holder clip broke, then the steering column had to be replaced. The sensor and things in it for stability control malfunctioned. As it was nearing the end of its bumper-to-bumper coverage the transmission would randomly surge. Enough was enough.

I bought it because it was a "smart" choice. 4 doors, small engine for good gas mileage, big enough to be comfy and carry passengers, but I kept having issues and regretting not buying the others cars I'd seen that just made me happy to drive them. Namely an RX8 (however, rotaries are bad ideas for anything but play toys).

When I replaced the Malibu, I was going to get something I actually wanted to drive. Darn if I didn't get something faster, more comfortable, more reliable, AND it gets better gas mileage. Just can't fit as many people in it near as comfortable. Oh well, less gas money wasted on chauffeuring people.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:23 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I was just hoping chevy would import and rebadge the holden ute as an el camino..and inspire ford to do the same with the falcon ute and put the same svt spin on the 'ranchero' as the aussies do

"Slimer" 2013 V6 Premium 6MT
"What you have here sir, is a class 5 full roaming vapor, a real nasty fella!" Ray Stanz (Dan Akroyd) in Ghostbusters
Gtzzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:31 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtzzoom View Post
I was just hoping chevy would import and rebadge the holden ute as an el camino..and inspire ford to do the same with the falcon ute and put the same svt spin on the 'ranchero' as the aussies do
+10000 probably would have happened if they didn't kill Pontiac. I would have loved to have el caminos and rancheros back. Useless cars/ trucks, but so cool.
DerekJohnScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:34 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

I was waiting for the G8 Ute. They broke my heart not making it.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:10 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Went to a party in my 94 V6, left at about 1am (I was the DD, though I was tired...) and didn't notice anything peculiar... Got it out of the parking lot and on the main road, and it was weaving like crazy so I pulled over before a cop thought I was drunk. All 4 tires were flat! (I'm thinking someone let the air out on purpose, didn't pursue it as I took the high road and would have had zero proof anyways...) Had her towed downtown by AAA and the tire shop said almost 1g to fix it, I told him he was ****ing crazy and paid him for his diagnosis. Had her towed to the dealership and they had my current V6 in stock, took her for a test drive and drove her home that day.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:10 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Friends dad is a dealer.
Went to browse with friends they had a manager special v6 2012 manual red with white trim. 18 and a half 0 miles. I started asking for a lil off that thinking I could at least get tax tag off. they wouldn't budge so I left. they called me back in an I missed the appointment. came later and someone was literally being handed the keys. I ended up checking out 13's pissed I missed out they actually took off a couple grand (friends dad, they take 1k off if you have a leased car, general haggling) and I ended up with a brand new white 2013 v6
Old 02-17-2013, 11:27 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I had a '97 Mustang GT Convertible, and I had a real problem- my wife absolutely LOVED the car! She had a Chrysler Cirrus that was a good car but seriously boring... We were returning to Bakersfield from a wedding on the Queen Mary in Long Beach, and we had just had a small spat about MY Mustang when we drove past a Ford dealership in Torrance. Without a word I pulled the Cirrus into the lot, and 45 minutes later we were back on the road in our new 2002 Mustang Convertible!
Old 02-18-2013, 07:01 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
My current vehicle was a 05 zx3 focus that i bought used my junior year in high school.

I decided it was time to upgrade as I had now owned it for 4 years and things seemed like they were starting to go wrong with it. So started looking around at other cars and had my mind set on a genesis coupe or a g35. After test driving both I had a dealer that said he was going to call me back on pricing a g35 and while waiting my moms '13 v6 performance mustang came in and I drove that and fell in love. Well the dealer with the g35 never called back and I decided to ride to my local dealer where my stepdad worked and they had a base model 13 that got ordered wrong and they couldn't sell. So after all dealer discounts and my stepdad discount I purchased my first brand new car for cheaper then I could have gotten the g35 or genesis coupe. Everything worked out awesome and I couldn't have one regret about any of it. Love my new v6.
Millz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:44 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

I went to the dealship on a saturday afternoon test drove a black 2013 v6 and fell in love with it.only test drove a mustang cause that was the only car i wanted since i was 16.spent 2hrs talking the man down to a good price, he finally caved in at $21,000 out the door.I came back on monday morning with my check for $21,000 and drove off in my baby,been almost a year now.I traded in my 2001 Chrysler Concorde lx.the salesman was very nice I was actually his first sale cause he had just started there that same week.
cheelyb09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion