Help me choose! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-19-2013, 10:45 PM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Texas
Help me choose!

Hey guys I really want to buy a 2011-13 mustang gt but there's things that's holding me down to buy one! So now I'm undecided weather to get the v6 or the 5.0.....

Here's my situation I'm 20 years old, and in 4 more months I'm turning 21, so I'm going to wait till that time so I can get my car... and by that time ill have 12-13k for down payment, about the mpg I don't really care as I already spend 40-60 bucks per week on gas on my parents truck so that doesn't stop me from getting the gt. If I get the 5.0 I know I could afford the monthly payments on the car but as you guys can see I'm 20 and the insurance will kill me.

So here's my limit I get payed like $900-$1000 per month at work and I'm still a student at college. I don't know how much the insurance will cost me and I'm pretty sure the v6 will be way less than the 5.0, what so you guys recommend me? Should I get the v6 or the 5.0?

Mlp07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:51 PM   #2
Registered Member

Region: Tennessee
Get some online quotes for insurance. Go to geico and progressive and see how much your insurance will be. That way you'll have an idea. As far as preference, it is all opinion. Go for the car that is best for you. Guys will say get 5.0 and v6. V6 has fuel economy and good handling and 5.0 well, it's a 5.0, can't go wrong. Both are amazing cars. You can also do a price calculator for your payment online. You can change you downpayment and interest all in that calculator. The best thing is to go on the high side of the payment so you don't get freaked out if its different.

Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:51 PM   #3
ME Bloodhound
Region: California
Insurance would probably be over $200 a month for full coverage given that you have 0 tickets. I would say get the GT, just because you will regret it if you get the V6 but you want the GT... i'm not saying the V6 is bad, but if you want the GT then get the GT.

Faster than a speeding...............
2001 Bullitt being prepped for track duty
Corners > Straight line

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:03 PM   #4
Registered Member
Yeah I really want the 5.0 I guess my limit would be 250 for insurance but it all depends what they tell me, my parents wants to help me out in paying the car but I have soo much pride that I want to prove them that I can handle it by myself and well Its going to be my first car, I want to know how it feel to buy myself a car and that I payed with my own money! Hopefully ill get the gt
Mlp07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:22 AM   #5
Registered Member
Which ever one you buy, watch the rear end of your new pony! They really can fishtail
especially bone stock! You'll really enjoy either one because you bought it, the down payment
will determine a number for the monthly payments.
2014 DIB 3.7 "Blue Cyclone" on 275/40/18 RE 760 Sports/
BMR lca's/Airaid "tube" w/aFe Dry-S inverted air filter
Boss 302 strut brace/UPR catch can/ Koni sports/J&M cc plates/Bassani exhaust/ DSS 3.5" 1 piece./ UPR upper control arm/Sold
2016 ruby red GT 300 A with 3.55:1 gear/SVE resonator delete X-pipe/ UPR catch can/
audioAl is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion