Advise for FI - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-20-2013, 12:48 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Advise for FI

I plan on running a supercharger on my 2003 mustang gt later on in the future and was wondering if anyone had any advise as to what I should look for or invest in. I want it to be powerful but still be able to be driven on the street and through traffic. I want it to be ran off of pump gas(can't afford to fill up with race fuel ) what heads should Be installed?? What's a good brand to use?? What all internals would be advised to get?? Would the stock crank hold up?? Sorry for all te questions but I want to build this engine once and not have to tear into it again
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2013, 03:57 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I read in your other thread you wanted to build the motor on a stand correct ? If so I would start by finding a nice 96-98 tekskid block ( these blocks have forged cranks ) them add a set manly h beam rods and pistons. Have the block honed and the crank cleaned up and have a reputable shop balance and assemble the rotating assembly. What is the power level you are shooting for? What rpm do you plan on spinning the block to? These factors will help deciding what heads and cams to go with, and also what type of supercharger are you planning to run?
Rm360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:01 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rm360 View Post
I read in your other thread you wanted to build the motor on a stand correct ? If so I would start by finding a nice 96-98 tekskid block ( these blocks have forged cranks ) them add a set manly h beam rods and pistons. Have the block honed and the crank cleaned up and have a reputable shop balance and assemble the rotating assembly. What is the power level you are shooting for? What rpm do you plan on spinning the block to? These factors will help deciding what heads and cams to go with, and also what type of supercharger are you planning to run?
I plan on running like 400-450 to the wheels, I don't plan on running the RPMs past like 6000-6500.
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion