mustang exhaust questions / suggestions - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-21-2013, 09:28 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
mustang exhaust questions / suggestions

I have long tube headers ... Don't like them but yeah So I have a shorty h pipe with cats ... Flowmaster 40 s cat back exhaust. I'm wanting somethin louder would delete mufflers but its illegal here in mississippi. Looking into pypes M80 mufflers does thay add Alot of sound or anyone know any good mufflers to make it louder? Any suggetions to get it louder thanks!
Scream is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2013, 09:34 PM   #2
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
SLP loudmouths. With LTs and Loudmouths that ***** will SCREAM!

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:35 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
SLP loudmouths. With LTs and Loudmouths that ***** will SCREAM!
Slp loudmouth cat backs or mufflers ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2013, 09:52 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I wouldn't go with just an o/r midpipe and SLP's. Granted it will be very loud but will be very raspy as well. I had the m80's and the Pypes Pype Bomb muffler deletes and it was a pretty awesome sounding set up. It was just a bit too loud and droney for a daily driver.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:55 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomdizzle View Post
I wouldn't go with just an o/r midpipe and SLP's. Granted it will be very loud but will be very raspy as well. I had the m80's and the Pypes Pype Bomb muffler deletes and it was a pretty awesome sounding set up. It was just a bit too loud and droney for a daily driver.
I thought the m80s were mufflers ?
Old 02-21-2013, 11:43 PM   #6
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scream View Post

I thought the m80s were mufflers ?
He's got a different model. M80 mufflers are mid mufflers. Pype bombs are axle backs, which are only for 05+. So on an 05+ you can have both.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:49 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I just wanna know if the m80 would help a good amount when replacing my mufflers
Old 02-22-2013, 11:42 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
The m80's help smooth out the sound and get rid of the backflow kind of fart sound between shifts or when decelerating if you know what I mean. They do quiet it down a but but make it a lot smoother than a straight o/r x.

My car came with an o/r x and Magnaflows and it literally sounded like it was farting between each shift. Put on the m80 mid mufflers and it totally alleviated the problem but they made the exhaust pretty quiet when you weren't getting on it. I then had the Pype Bombs which were very similar to the SLP's and it sounded pretty awesome. Hardly any rasp but didn't have a ton of tone and they droned a lot. I got a ton of compliments on that set up but I drive on the highway a ton and the drone got to me after a few months. If my Mustang wasn't a daily driver I'd still have the Pype Bombs.

I now have the violators with the m80's and love the sound, just wish it was a little bit louder but it still has a real nice rumble.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:58 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomdizzle View Post
The m80's help smooth out the sound and get rid of the backflow kind of fart sound between shifts or when decelerating if you know what I mean. They do quiet it down a but but make it a lot smoother than a straight o/r x.

My car came with an o/r x and Magnaflows and it literally sounded like it was farting between each shift. Put on the m80 mid mufflers and it totally alleviated the problem but they made the exhaust pretty quiet when you weren't getting on it. I then had the Pype Bombs which were very similar to the SLP's and it sounded pretty awesome. Hardly any rasp but didn't have a ton of tone and they droned a lot. I got a ton of compliments on that set up but I drive on the highway a ton and the drone got to me after a few months. If my Mustang wasn't a daily driver I'd still have the Pype Bombs.

I now have the violators with the m80's and love the sound, just wish it was a little bit louder but it still has a real nice rumble.
Yeah I have flowmaster 40 s with longtubes not loud at all ima talk to dad and see if he's ok with maybe deleting mufflers or cats or getting off road pipes I don't want it as loud as his but don't want that muscle sound at idle

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Tags
exhaust