speeding ticket. :( - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-25-2013, 11:34 AM   #1
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: California
Posts: 610
speeding ticket. :(

Got a speeding ticket this morning for going 50 mph on a 35 area but that's bs there's no way you could go 50 on that area .. Its always crowded early in the morning. I was probably goin 35or 40 there were cars infront of me..

But what do you guys think I should do? I got till April 12..

How much should I be expecting??$$.
Andy714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-25-2013, 11:53 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Boomdizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Cincinnati
Region: Ohio
Posts: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy714 View Post
Got a speeding ticket this morning for going 50 mph on a 35 area but that's bs there's no way you could go 50 on that area .. Its always crowded early in the morning. I was probably goin 35or 40 there were cars infront of me..

But what do you guys think I should do? I got till April 12..

How much should I be expecting??$$.
I've had that happen to me before, but I know I was going 50 in the 35 lol. It's a speed trap section on this 4 lane road by my house where it goes from 45-35 and the cops always sit there. I was probably the 6th car in line and had 2 behind me and I'm the one who got pulled over. Profiling at its best!

I think my ticket was like $150 but that was also 4 years ago.
__________________
Torque: It's like crack for your right foot
Boomdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:13 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
be glad its not excessive speeding (much worse) as you can get that at 15 over~ if its your first you go to traffic school and keep it off your record, still costs a good bit (depends on the area could be 150 could be 250 who knows)
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-25-2013, 12:21 PM   #4
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: California
Posts: 610
I know I wasn't going 50 but oh well:/ hope its not over 200
Andy714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:32 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
NewMtang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,951
Most departments in California use Laser Radar Guns. He can point it at a specific car in a pack and get a reading on any of them. He also has tape showing your car. Go down to the court and ask what are the procedures for going to traffic school and not getting the ticket on your current record. It's well worth it unless you just want to pay the fine and have higher insurance for the next three (3) years.
__________________
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:37 PM   #6
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: California
Posts: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
Most departments in California use Laser Radar Guns. He can point it at a specific car in a pack and get a reading on any of them. He also has tape showing your car. Go down to the court and ask what are the procedures for going to traffic school and not getting the ticket on your current record. It's well worth it unless you just want to pay the fine and have higher insurance for the next three (3) years.
Yea that's what I was thinking on going to traffic school and pay the fine. I think its only a couple of hours of traffic school right??
Andy714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:38 PM   #7
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Damn i love how in my area of Cali cops don't seem to care.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:41 PM   #8
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: California
Posts: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Damn i love how in my area of Cali cops don't seem to care.
The city where I live is full of cops on motorcycles ready to hand out tickets for any stupid reason
Andy714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:57 PM   #9
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Honestly, i drive over the speed limit everywhere. Not in excess but usually 10 over, but so does everyone else. The freeway limit is 65, and if you aren't driving 80 then you are being passed. Speeding tickets are only handed out if you are speeding by traffic and cutting lanes.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:59 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Boomdizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Cincinnati
Region: Ohio
Posts: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Honestly, i drive over the speed limit everywhere. Not in excess but usually 10 over, but so does everyone else. The freeway limit is 65, and if you aren't driving 80 then you are being passed. Speeding tickets are only handed out if you are speeding by traffic and cutting lanes.
Yeah I pretty much consistently go 7-10 over the speedlimit and cops usually just watch me drive by. Haven't been pulled over in about 4 years using that rule of thumb (KNOCK ON WOOD!)
__________________
Torque: It's like crack for your right foot
Boomdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:11 PM   #11
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomdizzle View Post
Yeah I pretty much consistently go 7-10 over the speedlimit and cops usually just watch me drive by. Haven't been pulled over in about 4 years using that rule of thumb (KNOCK ON WOOD!)
I do notice that on average i drive slower in the Mustang than in my truck before i got the Mustang... i do get on it more though lol
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:31 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Boomdizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Cincinnati
Region: Ohio
Posts: 681
Haha yeah same here. I definitely get on it every chance that I can especially in the areas where I know cops won't be or wouldn't be taking radar. Definitely more fun that babying my Aviator trying to get above 14 mpg lol.
__________________
Torque: It's like crack for your right foot
Boomdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:22 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
NewMtang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,951
As tight as the money is in a lot of communities, don't be surprised if States, Counties or Cities start writing more tickets. Legal but a lot more income.
__________________
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:34 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mustangreazon50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Orleans
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 209
Down here there are several town that survive off traffic tickets and I hate driving in each and every one of them.
Mustangreazon50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:19 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ucfknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 208
I got a ticket a couple of weeks ago trying to run errands on my lunch break. I was doing about 12 over and got $150 ticket. Sucks. Can't even really enjoy the Stang because it always feels perfect at around 60mph when most major roads are only 45 around here. .
Ucfknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:49 PM   #16
Staff
Blogger
Staff
 
99ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 6,120
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomdizzle View Post
Haha yeah same here. I definitely get on it every chance that I can especially in the areas where I know cops won't be or wouldn't be taking radar. Definitely more fun that babying my Aviator trying to get above 14 mpg lol.
Dang you get 14 in your Aviator???

I've never been able to get above 12! And I do baby it then I'm like what the hell is the point of babying it that car can move for an SUV

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

And Andy714 how long has it been since your last ticket?
__________________
Check out the Official ME gear page for site t-shirts, decals, and bottle openers: http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...2/#post1670281
99ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:29 PM   #17
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: California
Posts: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post

Dang you get 14 in your Aviator???

I've never been able to get above 12! And I do baby it then I'm like what the hell is the point of babying it that car can move for an SUV

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

And Andy714 how long has it been since your last ticket?
My last ticket was Dec 2011 why?
Andy714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:53 PM   #18
Staff
Blogger
Staff
 
99ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 6,120
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy714 View Post

My last ticket was Dec 2011 why?
Oh I was going to say if its been 5-10 years they'll usually give you driving school or a probation. ( in most states)
__________________
Check out the Official ME gear page for site t-shirts, decals, and bottle openers: http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...2/#post1670281
99ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:57 PM   #19
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: California
Posts: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post

Oh I was going to say if its been 5-10 years they'll usually give you driving school or a probation. ( in most states)
My last one gave me driving school but I didn't go and my insurance went up for like 20$.. I'm hoping this one offers school too so I could go. But if it doesn't ill have to go to the judge and ask for it
Andy714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



01:47 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.