Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Cross-Drilled/Slotted Rotors and Brake Dust?

3K views 30 replies 12 participants last post by  WheelStander 
#1 ·
I was wondering from those of you that have cd/slt rotors and how much brake dust compared to stock.

Just looking for brake dust info and brake pad info here, thanks.

#2 ·
I've been running hawk hps+ pads with dimpled slotted rotors for a few years now. Chrome 18's and the dust isn't too bad. I do clean the car after almost every drive though.

#6 ·
My buddy made the mistake of buying those. Stopping power was worse than stock, and it only took 2 months before they squealed like hell. I pulled em off on put on some quality oem rotors and hawks pads he bought and it was much much better, and safer. Never cheap out on brakes.

#16 ·
Just installed my cheap eBay brakes, way better than stock. Ill take my chanced. If u want to buy me some expensive ones ill take em lol. Just because something don't cost an arm and leg, don't mean its junk. I wish we all had your kind of money.

My buddy runs Autocross at summit with them cheap eBay brakes going on 2 years, no problems. Go from experience, not what u read.

#17 ·
Just installed my cheap eBay brakes, way better than stock. Ill take my chanced. If u want to buy me some expensive ones ill take em lol. Just because something don't cost an arm and leg, don't mean its junk. I wish we all had your kind of money.

My buddy runs Autocross at summit with them cheap eBay brakes going on 2 years, no problems. Go from experience, not what u read.
Hey brother I'm not jabbing at you so no reason to be passive aggressive. Trust me I don't have all kinds of money, I'm just wise with the money I do have.

But I guess the fact that the rotors do crack quite often means little to nothing to you. I'm not saying they're all bad just because they're eBay rotors, but they definitely aren't great. And I'm glad your buddies are doing well. But drilled rotors are farrrrrr more probe to cracking that dimples rotors. Plain and simple.

I just try to spread knowledge to those that ask and those that don't know. So no need to get all huffy and puffy

#21 ·
Think I'm gonna go with Baer Decela rotors and Hawk Hps pads all around.

---------- Post added at 08:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

Just a weekend street and show car btw.

#22 ·
I've got a set of Drilled and Slotted rotors from Mustangs Unlimited about a year ago. I do some AutoX and Drag Racing, and I tend to drive her really hard too. Lol But I've had no problems with any types of cracks or warping of any kind. My car is also a DD year round here in Michigan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.