Need car guy advice - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-07-2013, 05:13 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Hey guys I got a bit of a dilemma. I've had my 68 mustang for about 2 years now and I don't really drive it anymore. Im actually thinking of selling it and putting what I get as a down payment for a 2011 gt. (used). I like my car but it's not the best daily driver. I don't have all kinds of money to fix it up now... What do u guys think/suggest? I've asked others but I need mustang enthusiast's opinions.
My68mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2013, 05:27 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by My68mustang View Post
Hey guys I got a bit of a dilemma. I've had my 68 mustang for about 2 years now and I don't really drive it anymore. Im actually thinking of selling it and putting what I get as a down payment for a 2011 gt. (used). I like my car but it's not the best daily driver. I don't have all kinds of money to fix it up now... What do u guys think/suggest? I've asked others but I need mustang enthusiast's opinions.
I would get the 11 5.0, and remember that u can always sell the 5.0 down the line and get another classic Stang. The 5.0 is a great daily driver, road trip car and track car; it is awesome all around.
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:47 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Ja Yeah that's what I keep telling myself...It's just hard thinking about selling my first car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2013, 05:49 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
New mustangs are made everyday ........yours will never ever be made again
Old 03-07-2013, 06:16 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

True. I have to figure it out soon. Right now I basically don't have a car. I use my sisters. Soon I won't be able to though.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:18 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Iv been thinking about selling my car too. I always worry that im not going to get from a to b im think about just saving up a 1000 or 1500 and getting a little 4x4 to be my dd
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:33 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Similar ideas came to mind but... Im not sure. I dont want to end up with two unreliable cars.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:11 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Well when one brakes down you can drive the other one!! Haha
Old 03-07-2013, 11:44 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
My 99 jeep cherokee 4x4 is one of the most reliable vehicles I have ever seen.

It has 193,xxx miles on it.

Have had not rebuilt motor or tranny.

Just regular maintenance and what not. And I have lifted it and new wheels and tires and a paint job!

Total less than 6k Into my jeep in the past almost 5 years I have owned it. Maybe closer to 4 years.

I replaced the oil filter adapter O-rings yesterday actually! Those will be good for another 193,xxx miles!!

It gets driven more than my pony prolly! Just cuz I refuse to drive it to school.... I have had to many doors smack my jeep and one kid side swiped it while was pulling out.

I do not want anybody F'ing up my pony. So I use my jeep as work/school vehicle. And off road vehicle!

And drive my mustang everywhere else mainly college classes and Alabama and to visit my girlfriend and dates and what not.

Point being, you can have a nice dependable older vehicle, it's all in how you take care of it and how it's been taken care of.

If I had your classic I would not trade it for a newer any day of the week if I had the option not too!

The allure of that 5.0 would be hard to resist... But I guarantee you have a much more unique vehicle right now than you ever will with the newer 5.0.

Just my thoughts...
DigitalBman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:06 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
Don't sell the classic imagin how hard it will be to find another one in 10 years
Luna1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:48 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalBman View Post
My 99 jeep cherokee 4x4 is one of the most reliable vehicles I have ever seen.

It has 193,xxx miles on it.

Have had not rebuilt motor or tranny.

Just regular maintenance and what not. And I have lifted it and new wheels and tires and a paint job!

Total less than 6k Into my jeep in the past almost 5 years I have owned it. Maybe closer to 4 years.

I replaced the oil filter adapter O-rings yesterday actually! Those will be good for another 193,xxx miles!!

It gets driven more than my pony prolly! Just cuz I refuse to drive it to school.... I have had to many doors smack my jeep and one kid side swiped it while was pulling out.

I do not want anybody F'ing up my pony. So I use my jeep as work/school vehicle. And off road vehicle!

And drive my mustang everywhere else mainly college classes and Alabama and to visit my girlfriend and dates and what not.

Point being, you can have a nice dependable older vehicle, it's all in how you take care of it and how it's been taken care of.

If I had your classic I would not trade it for a newer any day of the week if I had the option not too!

The allure of that 5.0 would be hard to resist... But I guarantee you have a much more unique vehicle right now than you ever will with the newer 5.0.

Just my thoughts...
I had a jeep too! It was very reliable i beat the crap out of it mudding and it still worked every time i went to start it!
Old 03-08-2013, 08:29 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
Would you really regret selling it? It's your choice regardless but are you really willing to give such a classic beauty up? Is there a way to do both?
Old 03-08-2013, 09:18 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmiller View Post
Would you really regret selling it? It's your choice regardless but are you really willing to give such a classic beauty up? Is there a way to do both?
First of all thanks to everyone so far for your input... And i keep trying to find a way! I still go to school so I can only work part time. Believe me if I can I will do both.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:22 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
Quote:
Originally Posted by My68mustang View Post

First of all thanks to everyone so far for your input... And i keep trying to find a way! I still go to school so I can only work part time. Believe me if I can I will do both.
Good!! Good luck! I'm sure it will all work out!
Old 03-08-2013, 09:31 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmiller View Post

Good!! Good luck! I'm sure it will all work out!
Thanks! I have maybe until summer when my sister really needs her car. It's a big decision to me so it's good to get advise now and make a good choice.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:01 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

i can help you out. ill fix it up keep it for a few years and drive it around as my sunday funday car. and then you can buy it back.
Brembo Brake package, 3.73s, Roush axle-back exhaust, 20% tint all around, All lights and reflectors tinted gun smoke, 20X8.5 and 20x10 wheels and tires, Lowered 1.5" with Eibach pro springs, J&M panhard bar, BBK CAI, Bama 93R tune, JLT oil separator, Black "5.0" badge, Black billet shift knob
Yuckooo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:01 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Jaja i want a buyer like that! cuz I'd buy it back in a second!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion