AODE HELP - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-15-2013, 04:30 PM   #1

Region: Pennsylvania
AODE HELP

Hi I have a 1995 mustang GT convertible with the 5.0 v8 and the AODE automatic transmission and I'm have some problems with the Trans.. Please if you could help me or point me in the right direction to fixing the problem my self because I can't afford another one lol. Ok so the transmission only works in Drive when it's first started and ran cold, but when it warms up the car won't shift into 2nd on its own anymore, and will hold out 1st gear until its manually shifted into 2nd by me. I can than put it back into drive and it will shift into 3rd on its own and overdrive on its own just fine. Also at low RPMs in second gear or when It's shifting into 3rd gear slowly it will vibrate like I'm driving over rumble strips!!!! PLEASE CAN SOME ONE TELL ME WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS THING LOL!! But when driven aggressively it does not vibrate at all and will just go!! Only when I'm driving like a normal person does it give me problems which is pretty ironic !!!!
Scaggz302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2013, 05:00 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via Skype™ to Ghostedmind
Don't quote me on this, but it sounds like something either got into your valve body or syncros (if autos have syncros, i dont know much about transmissions) Have you recently had it flushed? or have you made sure the transmission fluid level is correct? (second may sound like a dumb question but i've met some people who have no clue.) btw, if you ask here you might get some more help.

LCMC Member
Ghostedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:38 PM   #3

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostedmind View Post
Don't quote me on this, but it sounds like something either got into your valve body or syncros (if autos have syncros, i dont know much about transmissions) Have you recently had it flushed? or have you made sure the transmission fluid level is correct? (second may sound like a dumb question but i've met some people who have no clue.) btw, if you ask here you might get some more help.
I have not flushed the transmission in a while but I'm planning on it soon. And the transmission fluid level always seems to be a little higher than it should be so its hard to tell like I'm not getting an accurate read
From the dip stick. I was thinking that it was a torque converter shutter from lack of fluid in the the transmission but I wanted to get a second opinion on it first lol.
Scaggz302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2013, 05:45 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via Skype™ to Ghostedmind
I would think if it was the tq converter for lack of fluid it would do it regardless of what gear it was shifting to up or down. From what little i know it sounds like maybe a little something in the valve body passageways/pistons, i'm not sure, hopefully someone else with a little more knowledge will chime in. lol sorry i cant be of more help

LCMC Member
Ghostedmind is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion