Identifying Track Pack on 2013 GT - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-16-2013, 09:43 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryll View Post
I'm in Columbus, but will be spending more time in Cinci very soon as my oldest son just decided he is going to UC this fall.

When I bought mine there was like two days before a $1,000 rebate expired and I'm cheap enough that I was going to find something in stock. Since I mainly use the car as a highway cruiser I thought the glass roof would be nice. - I love sunroofs but I never open them so it would have worked well for me. But, all the dealers said that the $2,000 coat was too high for them to put on the lot for stock. They all felt that if the MSRP went over $40k they would have a hard time moving that car. I get that, and the car I found had everything I wanted except for the roof. So far I'm still happy with it almost a year later.

It's funny - I could have special ordered one as two months later Ford put a $1,500 rebate on the cars, but I'm still happy with the deal I got. At the time I could not believe that there was factory $$$ on a 2013 model while in June 2012.
Yep, not gonna lie, we are gonna be enemies. Xavier fan right here . I got a 1500 dollar rebate on top of the Ford X plan. Was a heck of a price. I tried negotiating first then mentioned the x plan and the cost dropped more.

A highway cruiser would make nice with the glass roof. I only wanted to custom order mine as I wanted certain features put together in a way that they didn't show as available online. Soon as I saw the wait and the deal they would give me on the one I got, I gave up and took it. It may not be a premium but I got a heck of a deal on it.

yeah I dunno what happened, Ford was very picky on the pricing with the 11-12 models more so than they seem to be with the 13-14. Makes me wonder if they finally got the cost down more and are making more on them? No idea as I really haven't looked.

As for not wanting a GT over 40 on the lot, makes sense as when you see that price tag, if your a mustang fan and you would be for that price, you might as well drop a few comforts and get the Boss.
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2013, 09:57 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

Yep, not gonna lie, we are gonna be enemies. Xavier fan right here . I got a 1500 dollar rebate on top of the Ford X plan. Was a heck of a price. I tried negotiating first then mentioned the x plan and the cost dropped more.

A highway cruiser would make nice with the glass roof. I only wanted to custom order mine as I wanted certain features put together in a way that they didn't show as available online. Soon as I saw the wait and the deal they would give me on the one I got, I gave up and took it. It may not be a premium but I got a heck of a deal on it.

yeah I dunno what happened, Ford was very picky on the pricing with the 11-12 models more so than they seem to be with the 13-14. Makes me wonder if they finally got the cost down more and are making more on them? No idea as I really haven't looked.

As for not wanting a GT over 40 on the lot, makes sense as when you see that price tag, if your a mustang fan and you would be for that price, you might as well drop a few comforts and get the Boss.
LOL! It's OK, my wife's cousin went to XU and we still talk to them. I went to UK so both schools still seem like potential enemies to me! Agreed on the costing - Ford has basically been building the same care for nine years now, so most of the tools has long been paid for. Just think how much money they made on the last Crown Vic they sold!

Like your color choice...
Daryll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:28 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryll View Post
LOL! It's OK, my wife's cousin went to XU and we still talk to them. I went to UK so both schools still seem like potential enemies to me! Agreed on the costing - Ford has basically been building the same care for nine years now, so most of the tools has long been paid for. Just think how much money they made on the last Crown Vic they sold!

Like your color choice...
haha! there ya go. Yeah I think the 2011 was the worst because the 5.0 engine was brand new. Now that it is on year 4 they have to be easier to produce. I have a buddy with a crown vic with the 5.0, it is a nice car! can't touch my stang but his car sure does sound good too!

Same too you, Race Red is my favorite!
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2013, 10:56 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordito View Post
I'm looking to buy a barely used (1k-5k miles) 2013 GT and I would like it to have Track Pack...

I know, kinda of a dumb question.. But, besides asking the salesman... how will I know a Mustang GT has the Track Pack? The rims and wheels? Does it show "Track Pack" on the paper on the window of the car? I look a lot on auto trader so I would like to be able to identify from the pictures they post of the car..

Thanks in advanced... I'm tired of my granny car already
Saw this:2014 Ford Mustang GT | New Mustang | Georgetown, TX | 1ZVBP8CFXE5224225
and thought of this thread. For 29k brand new with the track pack. Bet you could talk them down some more also.
mtnbiker92271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:42 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbiker92271 View Post
Saw this:2014 Ford Mustang GT | New Mustang | Georgetown, TX | 1ZVBP8CFXE5224225
and thought of this thread. For 29k brand new with the track pack. Bet you could talk them down some more also.
Thanks for the help man.. I really need to buy in my state(AZ) to get a good rate from my local credit union.. You guys think the track pack is really worth it? Or should I just look for one with the brembo package and the 3.73's?
Gordito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:48 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordito
Thanks for the help man.. I really need to buy in my state(AZ) to get a good rate from my local credit union.. You guys think the track pack is really worth it? Or should I just look for one with the brembo package and the 3.73's?
They will ship it.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:00 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordito View Post
I guess it depends what you plan to do with the car? if you are never going to track the car, probably isn't worth it. haha. Even then, it isn't like the trackpack cars really come with anything you can't add later.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:38 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

I would like to track it, but I have never done it before, and I know it's an expensive hobby, which I don't mind if I end up really enjoying it.. But we'll see.. All my friend and family tell me to just settle for a base model, but all they care about is the looks, and I want something that's track ready so I don't have to void my warranty with modifications.. But whatever.. I'm on to something again after searching on the net for a couple of hours.. A 2013 GT Premium with 3.73's.. 34k after rebates.. Seems like I should be able to get a good deal out of that.. Time to go car shopping again this weekend
Old 05-08-2013, 10:34 PM   #44

Region: Mississippi
Gordito, Just joined the site here if you have any questions about the track pack cars I have one and can answer you or get you in a direction most of your questions maybe answered
Velocity01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 09:37 PM   #45

I have a 2014 Track Pack car that is not a premium car and it does not have track apps
gotero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 09:39 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotero View Post
I have a 2014 Track Pack car that is not a premium car and it does not have track apps
If it doesn't have the track app and premium then it is just a brembo car NOT a track pack.
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 09:42 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Does it say 5w 50?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1455885513.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	363.8 KB
ID:	130821  
Old 09-29-2013, 10:05 PM   #48

My VIN is 1ZVBP8CF7E5214655, it you look it up you will find that it is a Track Pack car with the Recaro seats. I did not want the extra price or the weight from the Premium option car. I have already added the adjustable lower control arms with the relocation kit and I do have the finned Boss rear end. I also have the oil filler cap with the 5-50W, I just checked.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2014 Track Pack GT Mustang.pdf (1.71 MB, 361 views)
Old 09-29-2013, 11:40 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity01 View Post
Gordito, Just joined the site here if you have any questions about the track pack cars I have one and can answer you or get you in a direction most of your questions maybe answered
Thanks bro, I ended up just getting a 13' premium GT with one of the appearance packages(spoiler, louvers, and side skirt things...) and 3.73's..
Old 09-30-2013, 07:31 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
My VIN is 1ZVBP8CF7E5214655, it you look it up you will find that it is a Track Pack car with the Recaro seats. I did not want the extra price or the weight from the Premium option car. I have already added the adjustable lower control arms with the relocation kit and I do have the finned Boss rear end. I also have the oil filler cap with the 5-50W, I just checked.
Then I was wrong back when I order my 13 it was not an option to get the track pack with a base car.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:27 AM   #51

I fear you were mislead from the beginning, I was going to buy a 13 with the 2000 dollar rebate but I could not get the bank set up in time and it sold on me. It was a non premium car just like my 14 model. "This is going to hurt" it sold for 28,419. my 2014 price tag was 28,919 cause I only got the 1500 dollar rebate.......
Old 09-30-2013, 09:58 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post

Track pack doesn't come in convertible only coupe.
Yes it does. You can get the track pack In comceryible
Old 09-30-2013, 10:21 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
My '13 is a trackpack. I asked my local dealer for it specifically, and he had to go finding dealerships within a 3-4 hour drive to accommodate. Mine does not have track apps, but it does have the 302 rear diff, the radiator, the oil caps...

I ended up paying 37k out the door for her about a year and a half ago (with the dealer surcharge to locate the exact car I wanted added in).

It is also a base, I didn't want or need the leather seats (but recaros would've been nice) and to shell out for the nav and etc etc. It's a shame the recaros are so damned expensive aftermarket, that is my one regret.
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
***A good driver is the best method to get more performance out of any car. ***
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Rynarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:24 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynarok View Post
My '13 is a trackpack. I asked my local dealer for it specifically, and he had to go finding dealerships within a 3-4 hour drive to accommodate. Mine does not have track apps, but it does have the 302 rear diff, the radiator, the oil caps... I ended up paying 37k out the door for her about a year and a half ago (with the dealer surcharge to locate the exact car I wanted added in). It is also a base, I didn't want or need the leather seats (but recaros would've been nice) and to shell out for the nav and etc etc. It's a shame the recaros are so damned expensive aftermarket, that is my one regret.
U can always get these
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2051624453.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	576.4 KB
ID:	130870  
Old 09-30-2013, 11:22 AM   #55

I have the Recaros but those seats look great. I like them......
Old 09-30-2013, 12:23 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I have the Recaros but those seats look great. I like them......
Thanks. They are Sparco evo 2 US edition in Red with grip pads.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:52 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

As The Resident EXPERT on this subject
( hence my user ) name

Heres The FACTS !!!!

ONLY Premium Mustangs could be ordered by the dealers to get the Trackpak added on

The BASE GT with the trackpak
could ONLY be ordered by a Customer
with verified documentation

Which includes

Boss Radiator
Boss Oil cooler
Boss Rear End
5W50 oil cap
also Shelby LCA's

Why ?

Because Ford makes NO Money
on a Base GT with the Trackpak option

They Force the dealers to sell the $4000 Premium option
to allow cars to aquire the $2400 track Pak option.

less then 100 Base Gt's were built with the Trackpak
which also are much lighter then the premiums

And starting in 2013, got rid of that ugly cheep plastic sterring wheel and added the premium wheel as standard equipment on ALL Mustangs. and Package 301 would even add the My Sync wireless option on the BASE !

Paying $4000 extra for Navigation is Stupid
I use my I phone.

And the only track app I need,
is MY FOOT

I used the $4000 savings and ordered the Recaros with it
and the rest into a stereo system that puts the Shaker Pro to Shame

Not to mention, the priceless confused look
of the service tech, writing up an oil change, when he's told it uses 5W50, and ask why I took the stripes off My Boss
TrackPak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:20 PM   #58

Very Nice, Like you all I wanted we go. not to worried about the extras
Old 10-01-2013, 11:01 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
My PW '07 GT was a premium coupe with red leather and the whole shebang. As I get older, the only thing I want is performance, speed and better braking. I no longer want all the bells and whistles. Hence the special ordering of my '14 TP:

http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webvie...BP8CF1E5233668
Missouri Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:12 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackPak View Post

less then 100 Base Gt's were built with the Trackpak
which also are much lighter then the premiums
I must be one of the lucky 100 with my '14 Base Track Pack Car.

***EDIT***

I was mistaken. just pulled my window sticker and I have the Premium 400a w/ track pack
Griswald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:00 AM   #61

I'm feeling kinda special, I have a 2014 301a Base Track Pack car, w/Recaro seats. I thought that in the end there was only going to be a few of them. A 100 sounds like a good number. I wonder how many of those have the Recaro's in them?
Old 10-03-2013, 03:40 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post
Then I was wrong back when I order my 13 it was not an option to get the track pack with a base car.

Yes it was
I own one

Your dealer screwed You
Because there was NO profit on a Base with Trackpak

But it was available upon request $$

Definitely more collectable then any GT in the past 20 years
Now that the word is out, Everyone wants one
The lighter the Stang, The more Bang for ya Fangs ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~
Old 10-03-2013, 03:48 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm feeling kinda special, I have a 2014 301a Base Track Pack car, w/Recaro seats. I thought that in the end there was only going to be a few of them. A 100 sounds like a good number. I wonder how many of those have the Recaro's in them?

I got them
But opted out for the My Sycn 301
I fiqured the less computers they put in there
The less hassel for diagnostics down the road
and again less wiring and componets to save even more weight

Just put the GT 500 Muffs on.
Its the only voice I wanna hear while driving

~~~~~
~~~~~
Old 01-31-2017, 01:56 AM   #64

Region: Washington
I have a 14 with track pack option, If the original wheels are on the car it comes with 19 in aluminum painted wheels and Pirelli p's that come only with the package. 3:73 boss rear. boss oil cooler and radiator, plus many more item's but the wheels give it away. good ,luck
crazymustang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion