Identifying Track Pack on 2013 GT - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-21-2013, 10:23 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Identifying Track Pack on 2013 GT

I'm looking to buy a barely used (1k-5k miles) 2013 GT and I would like it to have Track Pack...

I know, kinda of a dumb question.. But, besides asking the salesman... how will I know a Mustang GT has the Track Pack? The rims and wheels? Does it show "Track Pack" on the paper on the window of the car? I look a lot on auto trader so I would like to be able to identify from the pictures they post of the car..

Thanks in advanced... I'm tired of my granny car already
Gordito is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2013, 10:33 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordito View Post
I'm looking to buy a barely used (1k-5k miles) 2013 GT and I would like it to have Track Pack...

I know, kinda of a dumb question.. But, besides asking the salesman... how will I know a Mustang GT has the Track Pack? The rims and wheels? Does it show "Track Pack" on the paper on the window of the car? I look a lot on auto trader so I would like to be able to identify from the pictures they post of the car..

Thanks in advanced... I'm tired of my granny car already
I think it has a door jam code possibly, but you are not gonna tell from pictures unless they show the engine and you see the 5w-50 oil cover.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:52 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Oh, I see. Well thanks for the fast reply man. So if the salesman is dumb and doesn't know, I can just start popping hoods and look for this:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2013, 10:59 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

if you are looking at them in person you can look at the differential housing too. It has the Boss 302 rear axle which has heat fins on the differential.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:28 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Track pack should come with "track apps" if I'm not mistaken. Identified by a little LCD screen between the tach and the speedo.
BlackBetty5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:31 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty5.0 View Post
Track pack should come with "track apps" if I'm not mistaken. Identified by a little LCD screen between the tach and the speedo.
...2013 GT Premium has this...
Old 03-21-2013, 11:34 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Hmm.. I see.. Well thanks a lot to both of you, and yeah I seen that at the Ford website when I was building one for fun that just a premium has Track Apps included.

I have a lot to learn about cars, and mustangs, although I have been researching for a while (mostly lurking here) I haven't learned much. I should of gone to school for mechanic Oh well guess I'll have to post a lot here and get help from my brother in law ( a Mercedes specialized auto service tech).

Well hopefully I can find a 13' Mustang GT with Track Pack soon.. It's been a long wait... I saw a gray (I would really like it in red) GT Premium on auto trader at a Honda dealer with 1k miles for 30.5k which is well in my budget.. and there is a picture with the hood open but I can't tell, its too far away even with zooming in.. But I don't think it has track pack because I would expect it to cost more..
Old 03-22-2013, 08:50 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Pull the window sticker online with the VIN and see if track pack is listed as an option. Most sales people won't know. You can also check for the unique features such as the 5w50 oil cap, rear diff cover, and Boss radiator.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:36 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Dont the tps have painted axles too?
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:18 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
brand new 2013s are going for about 6k under MSRP right now because of the 2014s (check out cars.com). Plus you'll almost always get a lower interest rate on a new car versus a used one. The rebates and lower interest rate might actually end up being cheaper than a used 2013. Just a thought if your looking for a deal.
creep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:06 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
If the oil cap says 5w-50 it has the track pack unless someone actually changed oil caps.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:16 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by creep View Post
brand new 2013s are going for about 6k under MSRP right now because of the 2014s (check out cars.com). Plus you'll almost always get a lower interest rate on a new car versus a used one. The rebates and lower interest rate might actually end up being cheaper than a used 2013. Just a thought if your looking for a deal.
Yeah I'll keep that in mind. Hopefully those offers are still available by the end of next month, when I plan on visiting a couple of Ford dealerships.

Saw my 1st 2013 GT in person today at Olive Garden.. It was a deep impact blue convertible, with track pack. I asked the old man that was about to pull out in it, if it had the track pack? And he said "yes". Then I asked how he likes his mustang, and he said "Its a great car, has too much power". I was like, "sweeeeeet".
Old 03-24-2013, 09:49 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:

Yeah I'll keep that in mind. Hopefully those offers are still available by the end of next month, when I plan on visiting a couple of Ford dealerships.

Saw my 1st 2013 GT in person today at Olive Garden.. It was a deep impact blue convertible, with track pack. I asked the old man that was about to pull out in it, if it had the track pack? And he said "yes". Then I asked how he likes his mustang, and he said "Its a great car, has too much power". I was like, "sweeeeeet".
Track pack doesn't come in convertible only coupe.
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:55 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post
So he just wanted to be cool or maybe he thought "I said track apps."
Old 03-24-2013, 09:59 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

So he just wanted to be cool or maybe he thought "I said track apps."
Yea lol, maybe he understood wrong.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:23 AM   #16

Region: Virginia
Use this link below and put your vin # at the end of the ?vin=. I bought a used 2008 Expedition and wanted to see the original window placard. The shipping info may or may not be included, but who cares who received it. Now you can ask for the vin and do your own research.

Untitled Page

2007 Redfire Mustang GT...Sold but not forgotten
skeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:42 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Change oil and see if it takes 8 qts!!
hobo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:20 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
yeah my local drag strip won't even allow convertibles to race and if you have t-tops they have to be duct taped down or you cannot race. I wonder what they would do with glass tops the select few mustangs have.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:30 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

yeah my local drag strip won't even allow convertibles to race and if you have t-tops they have to be duct taped down or you cannot race. I wonder what they would do with glass tops the select few mustangs have.
There was a fully modded camaro 2012 ss that got his car destroy by some t tops when they flew off at palm beach 1/4 mile track..
Old 03-25-2013, 11:33 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
There was a fully modded camaro 2012 ss that got his car destroy by some t tops when they flew off at palm beach 1/4 mile track..
I believe it, that is why they force them to be duct taped down at the drag strip here. Full blown duct tape too not a small amount. I just couldn't do that too a car, would be such a pain to get off after words.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:06 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter View Post
Use this link below and put your vin # at the end of the ?vin=. I bought a used 2008 Expedition and wanted to see the original window placard. The shipping info may or may not be included, but who cares who received it. Now you can ask for the vin and do your own research.

Untitled Page
This works good man, thanks a bunch
Old 04-14-2013, 11:24 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter View Post

Untitled Page
Anybody know why they took this page down? You use to be able to check the VIN on Ford vehicles.. I had been using it a lot..
Old 04-14-2013, 11:42 AM   #23

The Track Pack has the Boss 302 Radiator which includes oil cooling lines. Check the difference between the standard radiator and the BOSS radiator. This will be a certainty. Brakes, Wheels, aren't unique, as you've heard. Also, the Track Pack has the 3.73 gears, but the Brembo Pkg does not. The problem with this is, you can get those gears as a stand-alone option. Check for that radiator!

You're wise not to trust the dealer. Some are crooked, many aren't but just don't know. I've been shopping for a 2014 Track Pack and realized few know all the specs.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:05 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosoar View Post
The Track Pack has the Boss 302 Radiator which includes oil cooling lines. Check the difference between the standard radiator and the BOSS radiator. This will be a certainty. Brakes, Wheels, aren't unique, as you've heard. Also, the Track Pack has the 3.73 gears, but the Brembo Pkg does not. The problem with this is, you can get those gears as a stand-alone option. Check for that radiator!

You're wise not to trust the dealer. Some are crooked, many aren't but just don't know. I've been shopping for a 2014 Track Pack and realized few know all the specs.
I feel you man... I went to the dealership for the 1st time yesterday to look for a 2013 GT with track pack, new or used. 4 different dealerships did not know what it was, and the "Mustang expert" pointed me to a 2014 auto.. the only thing that it had that comes with the track pack were the 19's, and I got mad that they were trying to convince it has had the track pack! I had to tell them that it would be listed on the window sticker! Another guy tells me, "why do you want the track pack? It's just a little screen in between the gauges." I was like, "THATS TRACK APPS NOT THE TRACK PACK". I was so pissed.. Screw dealerships.. Just because i'm 22 they think I'm a ****** or something.. The only 13 GT with track pack that I found in person was at a Porsche dealership, and it has been there 5 days so the old man says they will not negotiating the price on it(37k with 6k miles.. out the door would have been like 40-41k which is 2010-2011 used Shelby territrory for me from private party) I'm considering just looking at what private sellers have to offer after yesterdays experience..

These were all Ford dealerships too (except the Porsche of course).
Old 04-14-2013, 12:10 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
It's sad how rampant incompetence is now days at dealerships and every other facet of retail/service industries.
2013 DIB Premium GT/CS, 6MT, Cervinis Ram-Air Hood, RTR Charcoal 19X9.5s, BBK Cat Deletes & X-Pipe, DMH E-Cutouts, GT500 Rear Diffuser w/GT500 Quad-tip Axle-Backs, AED E85 Lope Tune, Boss 302 Intake, BBK 85mm TB, JLT CAI, Dynatech Alum DS, FRPP 3.73's, Eibach Pro-Springs and Pro-Struts/shocks, J&M Adj Panhard Bar, UPR Billet Alum LCA's, BMR UCA & Bracket & Relo Brackets, Eibach Adj Sway Bars, MGW Shifter, Brembo brake kit w/14" slotted 2 piece Boogie Full Tilt Racing Rotors, Llumar 30/5 Tint
Jetag93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:28 PM   #26

Hey, Gordito, they ain't pulling that crap cause they think you're young...it ain't you. They truly don't know in my opinion; freaking shame. I get they all are not car guys and have to sell all the other models, BUT...if you don't know, don't wing it. It's not a freaking pair of sneakers we're buying. You can only trust you. BTW, that freaking used price at the Porsche dealer, holy crap! Damn crooks. This is why these websites are so great, you can always get good advice before you have some wild-*** adventure at a dealer. Cheers.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:49 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I guess.. oh well . I got a call today from one of the dealerships.. It was the "mustang expert".. He asked if I was still looking for a vehicle and I said yes, a 2013 GT w/ track pack, new or used.. The guy says ok i'll look at other dealerships inventory in the whole state.. that was at noon and I still haven't got a call back.. Here is the poor Mustang at the Porsche dealership.. They didn't even have a parking spot for it yet haha..

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130414_214934.png
Views:	946
Size:	646.3 KB
ID:	102561
Old 04-15-2013, 06:27 AM   #28

Oh, one more nugget of info on the Track Pack...it is only on custom order cars my dealer says. May or may not be true, but I did not find many at on the lots or "forddirect.com" My dealer had one nearby, but it was from a guy who ordered and bailed out on the deal. You may not find one so easily if this is true. You may have to run with the Brembo Pkg only, then add the 3.73 and install that Boss 302 radiator and TORSEN yourself. Sounds like a pain, but doable. I know there is a 2014 with Deep Impact Blue, Track Pack, Recaros, and Security Pkg available in Virginia. Let me know and I'll shoot you my dealer info who'll get if for you if Virginia is close enough for you. I'm sure you prefer the 2013 with the incentives. At any rate, good luck in your search.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:04 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks man.. well hopefully I don't have to do that.. One of the dealers told me that as well .. that a 2013 with the track pack would be rare.. and thanks for the heads up on the 2014.. I think I might be on to something right now.. hopefully it doesn't fall thru and the bank cooperates.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:49 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosoar View Post
Oh, one more nugget of info on the Track Pack...it is only on custom order cars my dealer says. May or may not be true, but I did not find many at on the lots or "forddirect.com" My dealer had one nearby, but it was from a guy who ordered and bailed out on the deal. You may not find one so easily if this is true. You may have to run with the Brembo Pkg only, then add the 3.73 and install that Boss 302 radiator and TORSEN yourself. Sounds like a pain, but doable. I know there is a 2014 with Deep Impact Blue, Track Pack, Recaros, and Security Pkg available in Virginia. Let me know and I'll shoot you my dealer info who'll get if for you if Virginia is close enough for you. I'm sure you prefer the 2013 with the incentives. At any rate, good luck in your search.
When I bought mine the dealer had a GT with track pack and recaros on the lot. Grabber blue - nice looking car. Not sure if it was cancelled order, but the salesman indicated that they had bought it for stock.
Daryll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:51 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryll View Post
When I bought mine the dealer had a GT with track pack and recaros on the lot. Grabber blue - nice looking car. Not sure if it was cancelled order, but the salesman indicated that they had bought it for stock.
I bet it depends on where ya live as to if they would buy them to have on the lot or not. I bet it is true in some places that it would be special order.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:37 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

There was only one brand new 2014 GT at one of the dealers with the track pack on it already... But it was 38k MSRP(which is fair I think for a new GT with track pack ) and they said they wouldnt negotiate a new car... So I don't want to pay that much because I think I should be able to find a 13' GT with the same stuff but for thousands less..
Old 04-16-2013, 09:17 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I bet it depends on where ya live as to if they would buy them to have on the lot or not. I bet it is true in some places that it would be special order.
I'm sure you are right. I'm in Ohio where Mustangs are pretty popular - when I bought mine last summer all of my lock dealers had at least two GT's on their lots. Even more sixes. The one option that I really wanted was the glass roof and none of the dealers ordered them for stock.

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

Quote:

I'm sure you are right. I'm in Ohio where Mustangs are pretty popular - when I bought mine last summer all of my lock dealers had at least two GT's on their lots. Even more sixes. The one option that I really wanted was the glass roof and none of the dealers ordered them for stock.
Just realized you are in Cinci! I'm in Columbus. Probably the same in your area too.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:19 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
what part of Ohio? In cincinnati I can name three dealerships that have 6-10 GT mustangs on the lot at any given time of the current model year. I like the idea of the glass roof, just wasn't sure about having it at a drag strip. Not sure they would allow it. If I was never gonna drag or race the car, the glass roof is really nice! None of the dealers, like yours, ever had one in stock tho.

Worked out for me REALLY well. When the 2012 came out and they were trying to get the 2011s gone I got a steal at the time.

Compared to what some people are getting now it isn't, but I got the car back when they were having production issues and it was 4+ months to get a base model ordered in. At least that is what 3 separate dealerships told me and to be fair, I got a lot off just for getting a 2011 and the 2012 just literally came out and were no different.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:32 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

what part of Ohio? In cincinnati I can name three dealerships that have 6-10 GT mustangs on the lot at any given time of the current model year. I like the idea of the glass roof, just wasn't sure about having it at a drag strip. Not sure they would allow it. If I was never gonna drag or race the car, the glass roof is really nice! None of the dealers, like yours, ever had one in stock tho.

Worked out for me REALLY well. When the 2012 came out and they were trying to get the 2011s gone I got a steal at the time.

Compared to what some people are getting now it isn't, but I got the car back when they were having production issues and it was 4+ months to get a base model ordered in. At least that is what 3 separate dealerships told me and to be fair, I got a lot off just for getting a 2011 and the 2012 just literally came out and were no different.
I'm in Columbus, but will be spending more time in Cinci very soon as my oldest son just decided he is going to UC this fall.

When I bought mine there was like two days before a $1,000 rebate expired and I'm cheap enough that I was going to find something in stock. Since I mainly use the car as a highway cruiser I thought the glass roof would be nice. - I love sunroofs but I never open them so it would have worked well for me. But, all the dealers said that the $2,000 coat was too high for them to put on the lot for stock. They all felt that if the MSRP went over $40k they would have a hard time moving that car. I get that, and the car I found had everything I wanted except for the roof. So far I'm still happy with it almost a year later.

It's funny - I could have special ordered one as two months later Ford put a $1,500 rebate on the cars, but I'm still happy with the deal I got. At the time I could not believe that there was factory $$$ on a 2013 model while in June 2012.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion