Mustang Meet Help? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-29-2013, 11:44 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Mustang Meet Help?

alright guys, I wanted to know what would be the best way to create my own mustang meet, and by create, my idea was to go to the local office supply store to make me flyers for a mustang meet on a good day etc. but is that possible for me just to make alot of flyers and post them everywhere and just choose an empty lot that's abandoned for everyone to park or do I have to do something special? help.
MustacheMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2013, 08:28 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

it would be a lot less of a headache to find and talk to the owner of a place for the meet. last thing u want is some dude running everyone off as soon as it gets going and cars showing up.find a good place with plenty of open area, post flyer at least two weeks ahead of time and again a few days before for the best turn out and word of mouth goes a long way with true stangbangers.plan plan plan is key,to a great meet or event talk around get LOTS OF OPINIONS then try to set up some vendors even if its a buddy selling 50 cent cokes and hot dogs it will help SOOO much brother. good luck hope it goes great
YELLERSTANG02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:16 AM   #3
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by YELLERSTANG02 View Post
it would be a lot less of a headache to find and talk to the owner of a place for the meet. last thing u want is some dude running everyone off as soon as it gets going and cars showing up.find a good place with plenty of open area, post flyer at least two weeks ahead of time and again a few days before for the best turn out and word of mouth goes a long way with true stangbangers.plan plan plan is key,to a great meet or event talk around get LOTS OF OPINIONS then try to set up some vendors even if its a buddy selling 50 cent cokes and hot dogs it will help SOOO much brother. good luck hope it goes great
Exactly find out who is willing to host you, as soon, as you get that down you may want to take out an insurance policy from the MCA for a show. Line up vendors whether it is a friend with a food truck or the local BBQ restaurant. Most are probably willing to come out and sell food if you are expecting a good turn out.

You may want to ask a Ford dealership, especially smaller ones they are probably willing to give you space, if they have it. It also drives foot traffic to their store. Sometimes they may be willing to grill. You might have to take out an insurance policy, but you can obtain that through The Mustang Club of America, and I don't think you have to be a member. They sell it for about $100 I think. Which you could charge an entry fee to make that up. I'd say if you are expecting over 50 cars you'd want insurance. Depending on the size ask a Ford dealership if they are willing to host.
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2013, 08:54 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

why would I need insurance, I'm new to this, lol.
MustacheMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:46 PM   #5
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustacheMustang View Post
why would I need insurance, I'm new to this, lol.
Liability. Lets suppose John Doe decides to do a burnout leaving the show, he looses control, and hits Jane Smith. Jane Smith not only can sue John Doe, but your the hook as well.

If you have less than 100 I wouldn't worry.

20+ cars everyone, and I repeat everyone needs to sign a waiver. Waivers aren't a guarantee because a good lawyer will fight it, but it dies decrease some liability.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:00 PM   #6
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Oh and once you get everything lined up try and get an RSVP system or someway people can contact you. You'll always have people coming the day of. But by RSVPs you can get an idea of how many to expect.

Also the day of get a tally of how many cars came, it's good for use later on. As you grow and it starts costing more money, you'll want to get sponsors and when putting together a sponsor proposal you'll want that info so they know what to invest in.

By now, you are wondering how does this guy know so much. While I've never put on a car meet I have put on several track meets back in my coaching days which led me to putting on 2 5K run/walks.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion