GT/GT 500 - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-04-2013, 07:51 PM   #106
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii View Post

Still wrong in his statement about the car being named after a Mustang. Also as for joking, if he really was trolling, Spamming a thread is more than likely against the rules. There is a section for non sense.
The car is called a Mustang. That's the name Ford gave our cars. A mustang is a breed of a horse. If you want to have a car called the Ford Cobra then great create one separate from the mustang. But a Mustang is a horse. GM had a car called the Firebird by Pontiac. What emblems did the car come with from the factory. A big huge Bird on the hood. A bird on its side door pillar. Pontiac didnt make a Firebird model chicken. Pontiac didnt make a Firebird model Lizard. It was a freaking bird. Fire around a bird. Do you see the Dodge Viper (snake) have pony emblems on it? Its not Dodge Viper, pony model.

The Gt500 is not a Cobra so why stick cobra emblems on it. The Gt500 is no more a Cobra than its a Spider or golden retriever model. Its silly.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2013, 08:03 PM   #107
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
The car is called a Mustang. That's the name Ford gave our cars. A mustang is a breed of a horse. If you want to have a car called the Ford Cobra then great create one separate from the mustang. But a Mustang is a horse. GM had a car called the Firebird by Pontiac. What emblems did the car come with from the factory. A big huge Bird on the hood. A bird on its side door pillar. Pontiac didnt make a Firebird model chicken. Pontiac didnt make a Firebird model Lizard. It was a freaking bird. Fire around a bird. Do you see the Dodge Viper (snake) have pony emblems on it? Its not Dodge Viper, pony model.

The Gt500 is not a Cobra so why stick cobra emblems on it. The Gt500 is no more a Cobra than its a Spider or golden retriever model. Its silly.
1 reason.... A Cobra looks way more badass then a horse or the label 'GT'
kdbdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:07 PM   #108
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbdallas View Post

1 reason.... A Cobra looks way more badass then a horse or the label 'GT'
Well I do agree a Cobra is much more aggressive than a horse however Ford should of then created a completely separate car and called it the Ford Cobra.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1693024693.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	100513
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2013, 08:21 PM   #109
Registered Member
Regular

Gentleman, lets talk about something important that can really have great impact on ones life. Always remember what alcohol and liquor can do.

Name:	image-4221092414.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	223.2 KB
ID:	100517
Old 04-04-2013, 08:29 PM   #110
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Well I do agree a Cobra is much more aggressive than a horse however Ford should of then created a completely separate car and called it the Ford Cobra.
Isn't Fords turn-key competition car called a Cobra? (And isn't it Mustang inspired?)

"These cars are meant to be driven", so enjoy the hell out of all of it - not just the look of it when it is all clean" - Carroll Shelby
Old 04-04-2013, 08:34 PM   #111
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Isn't Fords turn-key competition car called a Cobra? (And isn't it Mustang inspired?)
I have no idea on that one my good sir. Inspired by mustang is cool but you can't start putting other animal and reptiles on a specific animal car. Lol. If its a mustang, then its a horse. If they make a ford bear then its a bear not a cheetah model.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:39 PM   #112
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I have no idea on that one my good sir. Inspired by mustang is cool but you can't start putting other animal and reptiles on a specific animal car. Lol. If its a mustang, then its a horse. If they make a ford bear then its a bear not a cheetah model.
Cobra Jet.
http://media.ford.com/article_displa...ticle_id=35699

"These cars are meant to be driven", so enjoy the hell out of all of it - not just the look of it when it is all clean" - Carroll Shelby
Old 04-04-2013, 08:40 PM   #113
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Oh, of course that one. Awesome awesome power vehicle. Should be pony jet. Lol
Old 04-04-2013, 09:19 PM   #114
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
In my opinion the reason they moved to the cobra was to separate them from other mustangs the same reason you have the boss 302 the Mach 1 etc these are specialty versions. No where (that I know of) is there a horse on my gt500 why because the cobra ate the horse now they are one...lol is it a mustang sure but its so much more than a mustang...oh and to the guy that said he would never own a gt500 he is absolutely insane or he is jealous lol lastly if your mad that they put a cobra snake on a gt500 or on a mustang period.......get over it nobody asked you!!!!
godsdisciple85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:22 PM   #115
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by godsdisciple85 View Post
In my opinion the reason they moved to the cobra was to separate them from other mustangs the same reason you have the boss 302 the Mach 1 etc these are specialty versions. No where (that I know of) is there a horse on my gt500 why because the cobra ate the horse now they are one...lol is it a mustang sure but its so much more than a mustang...oh and to the guy that said he would never own a gt500 he is absolutely insane or he is jealous lol lastly if your mad that they put a cobra snake on a gt500 or on a mustang period.......get over it nobody asked you!!!!
Very well said..... I totally agree.....
ShelbyGT500B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:37 PM   #116
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well, I know Cobras body can stretch but to eat an entire horse is just flat out rude of the snake. Lol. Boss, Mach 1, Roush, Saleen, Shelby models are all cool because they have nothing to do with an animal. Dodge Viper doesn't make a gorilla model. The little cobra emblems really have no business being on the car especially on a Gt500 when it has nothing to do with it. It's a Shelby Gt500. Roush and Saleen don't stick cobra emblems on there models. Does Dodge place a sheep or ant emblem on there Ram trucks? No there is a ram emblem. Do jaguar cars have cheetah and tiger emblems on the hood, I think not. They put a jaguar emblem. Wow , how about that. Dodge super bee, did dodge place a rabbit or wasp emblem on there. Other than the mustang name me one other car named after a animal that is called by a different animal name for that model .

Chevy Corvette stingray model, hey let's stick some whale and shark emblems on the stingray model. Yeah, that makes perfect sense.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:41 PM   #117
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Btw there is a rumble bee on a dodge ram...
godsdisciple85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:43 PM   #118
Registered Member
Regular

Ever thought about since Shelby makes the Shelby Cobra. Ford paid him to help customize and build the GT350 and GT500. Since he put his name on it I think it makes sense that he throws his famous cobra badge on it. Btw. I rather have a cobra badge on my shelby then mustang on the side and front. No disrespect to the mustang emblem.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:52 PM   #119
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGT500B View Post
Ever thought about since Shelby makes the Shelby Cobra. Ford paid him to help customize and build the GT350 and GT500. Since he put his name on it I think it makes sense that he throws his famous cobra badge on it. Btw. I rather have a cobra badge on my shelby then mustang on the side and front. No disrespect to the mustang emblem.
I agree with this post 100%!!!
I always thought this was the reason for the Cobra on the GT500

Old 04-04-2013, 09:55 PM   #120
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I agree with this post 100%!!!
I always thought this was the reason for the Cobra on the GT500
Well sure. Lets throw a bluejay and hawk emblem on there because the car can fly its so darn fast.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:57 PM   #121
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Honestly it's not that big of a deal, not sure why this guy is even ranting so much. I mean who cares. It obviously works, ford keeps selling the car for 60k a piece.

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:04 PM   #122
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
Honestly it's not that big of a deal, not sure why this guy is even ranting so much. I mean who cares. It obviously works, ford keeps selling the car for 60k a piece.
Just something to debate. All the cars are awesome and the best.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:40 PM   #123
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
Truly debatable. I'd love to know why fords insight would be.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:07 PM   #124
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
+1
Old 04-05-2013, 01:01 AM   #125
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Quote:

Not surprisingly, you skipped over the correction. A Mustang is a horse. THE Mustang was NOT named after a horse. Period. The Cobra was a name stake from SHelby, it stuck, it sold and NOW DOES look like a Cobra. Additionally, the GT500 doesn't say Mustang on it.

Lastly, the other cars you mentioned are just that, other cars. God forbid someone strays from common practice.

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:29 AM   #126
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii

This 100% wrong. I hate to break it to you but the car is named after the P51 Mustang JET and looks like it. The horse was AFTER since it made sense as an emblem.

Additionally, the Mustang LOOKS like a Cobra now. The GT500 bumpers are intended to be fangs. Easy to pick up.
True... Except the P51 Mustang was not a jet, but rather a prop driven plane, arguably the best fighter of WWII
Raf63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:33 AM   #127
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada

Name:	image-2135208717.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	327.6 KB
ID:	100549
Raf63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:57 AM   #128
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
It is what it is and that is all that it is. Got it

2013 Shelby GT500 Born 12/06/2012 number 439 of 530 in DIB and 1 of 9 with Red Stripes over the top and on the seats
Mlarv5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:55 AM   #129
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
My 2013 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra Shelby GT500 is more SVT Cobra than Shelby because it is:
Concept / performance goals= Shelby
Design= Ford / SVT
Engineering= SVT
Build= Ford / SVT
Transport, marketing & sold by Ford.
Badged & marketed using the Shelby name to increase sales.

The funniest thing about our car is, even though it is a Ford Mustang SVT Cobra Shelby GT500, we still just call it our Mustang. Well, actually, we call it our white Mustang so people know we're not talking about our other Mustang: black 88GT.

Personally, it doesn't matter to me what others call it. I know that the Terminator owners don't like this car to also be called a cobra because its performance is greater than the termis. But that's just the evolution of the brand. It keeps getting better.

Did the owners of original Shelbys get all out of sorts when Ford started making Cobras & Cobra R & Termis? Doubtful.

So call it what you want. Arguing is pointless. The car has multiple Cobras on it inside & out.

You'd think that you'd show the SVT guys who did all this work a little respect though & allow them to put their Cobra on the car that turned 200mph & shocked the world!

2013 Ford Mustang SVT 20th Anniversary Cobra Shelby GT500. Stock, almost.
UOP Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:07 AM   #130
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raf63 View Post
True... Except the P51 Mustang was not a jet, but rather a prop driven plane, arguably the best fighter of WWII
Yes, yes. I should not have said jet

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:05 AM   #131
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UOP Shadow View Post
My 2013 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra Shelby GT500 is more SVT Cobra than Shelby because it is:
Design= Ford / SVT
Engineering= SVT
Build= Ford / SVT

The funniest thing about our car is, even though it is a Ford Mustang SVT Cobra Shelby GT500, we still just call it our Mustang. Well, actually, we call it our white Mustang so people know we're not talking about our other Mustang: black 88GT.

Personally, it doesn't matter to me what others call it. I know that the Terminator owners don't like this car to also be called a cobra because its performance is greater than the termis. But that's just the evolution of the brand. It keeps getting better.

Did the owners of original Shelbys get all out of sorts when Ford started making Cobras & Cobra R & Termis? Doubtful.

So call it what you want. Arguing is pointless. The car has multiple Cobras on it inside & out.

You'd think that you'd show the SVT guys who did all this work a little respect though & allow them to put their Cobra on the car that turned 200mph & shocked the world!
+1000
Old 04-05-2013, 10:57 AM   #132
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UOP Shadow View Post
My 2013 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra Shelby GT500
And now I hate you because I want that car and I don't have it
Old 04-05-2013, 11:02 AM   #133
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by UOP Shadow
Design= Ford / SVT
Engineering= SVT
Build= Ford / SVT

I have nothing against the car except for the shelby name.

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by godsdisciple85
Not gonna buy a shelby branded product. No jealousy here, front of them look nice.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:19 PM   #134
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post

I have nothing against the car except for the shelby name.

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

Not gonna buy a shelby branded product. No jealousy here, front of them look nice.
Did Mr.Shelby pick on you and steal your lunch money in school? Marketing scheme or not, that's who Carrol Shelby was, read his bio more of a hustler then a car guy

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:47 PM   #135
Registered Member
Regular

On our 2013 GT500, the horse is the image for one of the electronic display screens between the gauges.

2013 Ford Mustang SVT 20th Anniversary Cobra Shelby GT500. Stock, almost.
UOP Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:01 PM   #136
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol a 5.0 GT plus the difference between the two spent on suspension and FI could rape the Shelby without trying.

I would like a Shelby, don't get me wrong, but I would feel the need to leave it stock...
Old 04-05-2013, 03:38 PM   #137
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy

Lol a 5.0 GT plus the difference between the two spent on suspension and FI could rape the Shelby without trying.

I would like a Shelby, don't get me wrong, but I would feel the need to leave it stock...
You will then have 55g in a gt worth 30...
Our's:
Old 04-05-2013, 03:44 PM   #138
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post

You will then have 55g in a gt worth 30...
Because the shelby cars keep value too? You can buy 2007-2009 Shelby's for the same price as a current 2014 GT.

You are gonna loose your money any which way you look at it.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:48 PM   #139
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy

Because the shelby cars keep value too? You can buy 2007-2009 Shelby's for the same price as a current 2014 GT.

You are gonna loose your money any which way you look at it.
Look at the loss in value compared to a gt. Even a 10 year old terminator can easily bring over 20g.
Our's:
Old 04-05-2013, 05:38 PM   #140
Registered Member
Regular

I think this sums everything up...

2013 Shelby 1000.
1,200 HP!

2013 Shelby 1000 cranks up the horsepower dial to 1,200

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion