What made you fall in love with Mustangs? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-02-2013, 01:40 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
What made you fall in love with Mustangs?

What made you fall in love with the Horse? Was it a particular car you saw or were around? Was it a family member? A memory? Share your stories of what got you into them!

I can tell you the exact car that made me love Mustangs, in fact, to this day I make weekly trips out to look at it.
Its a 66-67 that sits in a guys front yard on the outskirts of town, I remember being 4 years old and seeing it out of the window of my grandmas van as we would drive by going out of town.

It wasn't until I was about 13 that I pursued learning more about it. and in the 16 years since I first saw the car its sat in the exact same spot. I've spent countless hours tracking down the owner of the property and owner of the car.. and every year, I go back and make a cash offer in hopes that one day he'll let me rescue it. Every year I've gotten a different reason as to why he won't sell it, but I'm not giving up, ill keep talking to him every chance I get and maybe one day I'll be able to buy and restore it.
BloodRedStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2013, 02:08 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodRedStang View Post
What made you fall in love with the Horse? Was it a particular car you saw or were around? Was it a family member? A memory? Share your stories of what got you into them!

I can tell you the exact car that made me love Mustangs, in fact, to this day I make weekly trips out to look at it.
Its a 66-67 that sits in a guys front yard on the outskirts of town, I remember being 4 years old and seeing it out of the window of my grandmas van as we would drive by going out of town.

It wasn't until I was about 13 that I pursued learning more about it. and in the 16 years since I first saw the car its sat in the exact same spot. I've spent countless hours tracking down the owner of the property and owner of the car.. and every year, I go back and make a cash offer in hopes that one day he'll let me rescue it. Every year I've gotten a different reason as to why he won't sell it, but I'm not giving up, ill keep talking to him every chance I get and maybe one day I'll be able to buy and restore it.
Dude I really hope you get that car!
My68mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:14 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by My68mustang View Post

Dude I really hope you get that car!
Thanks man! If that horse is meant to be saved, it will be.
Ill try to get a pic next time I'm out that way and post it up. For sitting in the elements with no shelter, thru ohio winters in grass no less, its in great shape. Most rust on it is just surface, floors and frame rails are solid. Its a straight 6 auto.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2013, 02:32 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:

Wow that is really cool! I hope you get it one day
redbeast0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:39 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeast0712 View Post

Wow that is really cool! I hope you get it one day
Thanks man. What made you guys like em?
Old 04-02-2013, 02:54 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

For me it started when I was like 10. Then I got a mustang calendar in 2008. I fell for October! I still have the calendar up on my wall jaja. It's been my dream car ever since. I have a 68 coupe now so it's pretty close... Maybe one day...

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3590860766.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	399.7 KB
ID:	99943

Name:	image-2911302879.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	366.8 KB
ID:	99944
Old 04-02-2013, 05:41 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
For me it started when I was like 10. Then I got a mustang calendar in 2008. I fell for October! I still have the calendar up on my wall jaja. It's been my dream car ever since. I have a 68 coupe now so it's pretty close... Maybe one day...
Gorgeous, is that the gt350? Do you have any pics of your 68? Id love to see it!
Old 04-02-2013, 02:09 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Gorgeous, is that the gt350? Do you have any pics of your 68? Id love to see it!
To be honest man idk what kind it is exactly. All I know is it's a 69. And here are some pics o mine!

Name:	image-1269050140.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	402.6 KB
ID:	99990

Name:	image-120108945.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	423.6 KB
ID:	99992

I think it's the first time I post pics of car in ME. Jaja.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:15 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I had a budget of 3,000 dollars, that would be put towards a first car. I browsed craigslist for weeks, nearly buying a blacked out 85 camaro because it looked sweet as hell. But i kept looking. I stumbled upon what would become my first car on the 17th of april. 2011. I modded that car, loved that car. 2000 v6 automatic. It was a rust bucket, but it was my rust bucket. My dad has been a chevy guy for a long time. When i was a kid. He had an 85 T-bird. But since like, 1993 he's been with chevy most of the time. He was hesitant to let me buy it, but he soon fell in love with it. But he hadn't admitted it until recently. Like, 3 days ago recently. LOL. I had my fun with the V6, and i ended up selling it in January. And one week later i picked up my 02 GT. black with a RAZZI bodykit, CAI, 3.73 Gears, Diablo Sport Tune, 20" Voxx Rims, and Bassani Catback with O/R X pipe. My dad personally taught me how to drive stick, which is something he always wanted to do, so it was a nice bonding experience. Anyway, He drove it home when i bought it, and to see him drive it, was like seeing a 66 year old man turn back into a teenager. He put the pedal to the floor and threw me back in the seat, and he literally could not stop laughing. well, a few nights ago we were sitting out, first day in the 50's in what seems like forever. And he said something that struck me. He said, "You know. I really liked that v6. But i Love this car." this is a man who grew up in the 60's during the original muscle car wars. He's owned chevelles, Olds 442's, Gto's, and SO many amazing muscle cars from what i consider the greatest generation of cars. He recently retired after 19 years as a Fleet maintenance mechanic for the park district, and all he keeps saying is he wants the keys one friday, to take it back over to work and make all his former coworkers jealous. When i had the V6, they used to Say, "Here comes Don in his sporty little mustang." i guess he just wants to show them that he's upgraded.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-2052273708.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	416.9 KB
ID:	100003   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2367189770.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	418.0 KB
ID:	100010  

PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:32 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

To be honest man idk what kind it is exactly. All I know is it's a 69. And here are some pics o mine!

I think it's the first time I post pics of car in ME. Jaja.
she's good lookin man, congrats!
Old 04-02-2013, 07:12 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Since I was 11 (I'm now 17) my dad has had his 00 GT Convertible. I've always loved this car, washing and waxing it with him, him teaching me how to drive manual in it. When my parents got divorced, him and I would go out in the afternoons and just cruise around for hours with the top down. I loved the sound of the exhaust with the top down and the power it has. Now that I got my license, he bought me a 02 GT Coupe. We searched for cars for months. Looked at an 88 irocz Camaro, 86 asc mclaren convertible mustang, 93 convertible mustang lx, 2000 gt, and finally my car. We settled on mine for 3000 dollars, and I love it.

Name:	ForumRunner_20130402_201152.png
Views:	560
Size:	639.9 KB
ID:	100073
ccabral14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:44 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoyV6 View Post
I had a budget of 3,000 dollars, that would be put towards a first car. I browsed craigslist for weeks, nearly buying a blacked out 85 camaro because it looked sweet as hell. But i kept looking. I stumbled upon what would become my first car on the 17th of april. 2011. I modded that car, loved that car. 2000 v6 automatic. It was a rust bucket, but it was my rust bucket. My dad has been a chevy guy for a long time. When i was a kid. He had an 85 T-bird. But since like, 1993 he's been with chevy most of the time. He was hesitant to let me buy it, but he soon fell in love with it. But he hadn't admitted it until recently. Like, 3 days ago recently. LOL. I had my fun with the V6, and i ended up selling it in January. And one week later i picked up my 02 GT. black with a RAZZI bodykit, CAI, 3.73 Gears, Diablo Sport Tune, 20" Voxx Rims, and Bassani Catback with O/R X pipe. My dad personally taught me how to drive stick, which is something he always wanted to do, so it was a nice bonding experience. Anyway, He drove it home when i bought it, and to see him drive it, was like seeing a 66 year old man turn back into a teenager. He put the pedal to the floor and threw me back in the seat, and he literally could not stop laughing. well, a few nights ago we were sitting out, first day in the 50's in what seems like forever. And he said something that struck me. He said, "You know. I really liked that v6. But i Love this car." this is a man who grew up in the 60's during the original muscle car wars. He's owned chevelles, Olds 442's, Gto's, and SO many amazing muscle cars from what i consider the greatest generation of cars. He recently retired after 19 years as a Fleet maintenance mechanic for the park district, and all he keeps saying is he wants the keys one friday, to take it back over to work and make all his former coworkers jealous. When i had the V6, they used to Say, "Here comes Don in his sporty little mustang." i guess he just wants to show them that he's upgraded.
That's awesome man, its cool that a car can give you chances to b9nd like that with your dad. Throw him the keys and let him have some fun! Lol

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccabral14 View Post
Since I was 11 (I'm now 17) my dad has had his 00 GT Convertible. I've always loved this car, washing and waxing it with him, him teaching me how to drive manual in it. When my parents got divorced, him and I would go out in the afternoons and just cruise around for hours with the top down. I loved the sound of the exhaust with the top down and the power it has. Now that I got my license, he bought me a 02 GT Coupe. We searched for cars for months. Looked at an 88 irocz Camaro, 86 asc mclaren convertible mustang, 93 convertible mustang lx, 2000 gt, and finally my car. We settled on mine for 3000 dollars, and I love it.
That's a score for that price, I've had like 11 cars since I was 14 (6 years ago) before I could get my license I would buy cars that didn't run and just tinker with them in the driveway to learn what I was doing.. of those, 2 have been mustangs and I loved both of them more than any of my other cars. The only other car I've driven that just feels as right as being in a stang was my moms 2000 v6 firebird. Me and her worked on that car and had some fun, and unfortunately she gave me the keys for work one night because I lent her my truck and I hit a patch of black ice and spun into a phone pole.. still looking for the right firebird to replace it for her
Old 04-02-2013, 08:00 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
The dealer wanted 6grand for it. It has 189000 miles on it but it runs strung, clutch and transmission are good. Only issue was a small patch of rust on the rear quarter but I hadit patched
ccabral14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:01 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccabral14 View Post
The dealer wanted 6grand for it. It has 189000 miles on it but it runs strung, clutch and transmission are good. Only issue was a small patch of rust on the rear quarter but I hadit patched
that's still a good deal, and you got them down half price, that's a win if I've ever seen one lol
Old 04-07-2013, 11:24 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
My very first car at age 16 in 1976 was a 67 green 6 cyl, 3 speed coupe. I was hooked from the start. Started a long string of Stangs. 68 6 cyl auto red coupe, 70 auto 302 red fastback, my first V8. Modded and painted that till it looked like a Shelby Gt-350 which is my ultimate wish. Then a string of Saabs and Ford Pick Ups. Then a brand new 82 Gt HO T-top, Black, TRX suspension, 4 speed, louvers. Only had that about 6 months, lost it due to a divorce. Back to a Saab turbo 78 very fast, a Triumph Spitfire project car. 70 Ford ex Police Van 302 4 barrel with cage between front and back, very fast. Then a 70 Mach-1 351-C factory Holley 780 double pump 4 barrel carb, Hurst 4 speed, hood scoop. I bought it off a co-worker about 84 for $1500. Rebuilt and restored it but always wanting a Shelby my dad and I painted it white with blue stripes. Loved that car. Sold it when I had a baby and needed a safe car for $2800. When I see what they bring at auction now I could just cry. Then went 23 years no Mustangs. When my daughter got married and my wife got tired of me saying I want a Mustang, we went looking for my 50th birthday present. Found our current car on Craigslist, a very clean low miles, always garaged 96 SVT Cobra. And that's why I'm here today. Slowly modding, but keeping every original part. I still hope someday to own either a Shelby or a 65-66 Fastback which is my favorite Mustang. Been a 36 year love affair with the pony.
Spiney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:52 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiney View Post
My very first car at age 16 in 1976 was a 67 green 6 cyl, 3 speed coupe. I was hooked from the start. Started a long string of Stangs. 68 6 cyl auto red coupe, 70 auto 302 red fastback, my first V8. Modded and painted that till it looked like a Shelby Gt-350 which is my ultimate wish. Then a string of Saabs and Ford Pick Ups. Then a brand new 82 Gt HO T-top, Black, TRX suspension, 4 speed, louvers. Only had that about 6 months, lost it due to a divorce. Back to a Saab turbo 78 very fast, a Triumph Spitfire project car. 70 Ford ex Police Van 302 4 barrel with cage between front and back, very fast. Then a 70 Mach-1 351-C factory Holley 780 double pump 4 barrel carb, Hurst 4 speed, hood scoop. I bought it off a co-worker about 84 for $1500. Rebuilt and restored it but always wanting a Shelby my dad and I painted it white with blue stripes. Loved that car. Sold it when I had a baby and needed a safe car for $2800. When I see what they bring at auction now I could just cry. Then went 23 years no Mustangs. When my daughter got married and my wife got tired of me saying I want a Mustang, we went looking for my 50th birthday present. Found our current car on Craigslist, a very clean low miles, always garaged 96 SVT Cobra. And that's why I'm here today. Slowly modding, but keeping every original part. I still hope someday to own either a Shelby or a 65-66 Fastback which is my favorite Mustang. Been a 36 year love affair with the pony.
Man, that's incredible, keep at it you'll find that gt350 someday, but its the search that tells the story.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:58 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Well one part I left out. When I was in high school and trade school from 78-81 there was a house along the road with a 67 Shelby Gt-350 sitting outside. It was gold with a hi-Po 289 factory roll bar, 5 point harnesses, all the bells and whistles. I stopped to ask about it. The owner was an older woman probably in her 60's. The car was her son's, he went to Vietnam and was killed, in her words " he left me with this car". I asked to buy it, no I can't do that. I'd stop about once a month for over 3 years, trying to wear her down, no luck. Then one time and it's gone. I asked where is it? " I got a great deal, the local Ford dealer traded me even up for a Pinto Cruising wagon. Boy did he see her coming. He certainly got the better part of the deal.

I'd don't know what I'd do if I was told you can have whatever you want a vintage 65-66 GT-350 or a new one. Because the originals were basically street legal race cars, very rough ride, very fast, no creature comforts. The new one is probably faster, handles better, you get AC, traction control, etc. but the 65 will continue to appreciate, much more than say a 2012, or so I think. Could be wrong. I've seen original GT-350's go for $200,000 at auction. What's a new one $65,000. I just love the original Wimbleton White with Blue LeMans stripes. I'll dig up a picture of both my 70's and post them. I have pictures of all of my Mustangs except the 82 for some reason. I was upset when I bought the 82. Never buy the first year of anything. I bought it new in about July of 82. They were hard to get. No Internet then, I called all over Eastern PA till I found what I wanted a black T-tops 4 speed with TRX suspension. I think it was $11,200 new. Payments were $209 a month. 2 months later they ace out with the 83's. They went from 4 speed to 5 speed, and more important from a large 2 barrel carb to a 4 barrel carb and better intake, HP jumped 25-30 HP. I was so angry. In 2 months the new GT's blew my doors off.
Spiney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:47 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Its like that with anything, you buy a badass car, as soon as you leave the driveway someones got a better one going past.. you get a good computer, better one just came out lol

Id rather go with the original any day of the week, I love the rough ride, bare essentials feel of them, I feel the road and connect with the car better.

And that dealer really robbed that lady, dudes a crook.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:01 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Fell in love with our 69 Fastback and 70 Boss 302. Got my 01 GT a little over a year ago.

Name:	image-22793902.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	238.0 KB
ID:	101304
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-4265693278.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	564.8 KB
ID:	101305  
BeasGT is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion