Best new edge - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-03-2013, 09:48 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Best new edge

Ok so by December I want to get a new mustang. I've saved up $4,000 so far and I'm gonna save another 2k and I'm gonna sell my current mustang for 5-6k so the question is, best new edge mustang for about $12k? And I want to spend that much on the mustang. Not buy a gt for 7 or 8 and mod I want a special series like a 99-02 cobra or 03-04 mach 1. Anyone have any preferences I can put into consideration. Convertible seems fun but isn't available for mach 1's, that's why I've been looking into cobras. Soooo question is, and sorry to ramble, best new edge v8 mustang and why? Haha thank you
Michaelgranlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2013, 09:51 PM   #2
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
To answer your question, terminator. To answer your question while keeping your price in mind, Mach 1. It'll be a little newer, most likely and the Mach 1 is even more rare than a cobra

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:53 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
To answer your question, terminator. To answer your question while keeping your price in mind, Mach 1. It'll be a little newer, most likely and the Mach 1 is even more rare than a cobra
Oh trust me it kills me so much. I would LOVE a termi but 18k compared to 10-12k it's just not worth it in my mind id rather supercharge a mach 1 mainly because of the shaker hood anyways. But thanks man
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2013, 09:54 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via Skype™ to Ghostedmind
I would say the Mach 1, but you have to get the Manual version since its crank is already forged. then in time spend another little bit of money for forged connecting rods and pistons and you can supercharge it and it should put out more power than the stock cobra thanks to its custom cam already in it.

This is what I'd like to do

LCMC Member
Ghostedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:56 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostedmind View Post
I would say the Mach 1, but you have to get the Manual version. then in time spend another little bit of money for forged connecting rods and pistons and you can supercharge it and it should put out more power than the stock cobra thanks to its custom cam already in it.
Haha I will not, until I'm too old or something, everrrr buy an automatic haha no matter what. Unless it's enough to swap it to manual, especially if it's a mustang, It wouldn't feel right being an auto but yeah I will hopefully mod it right away depending on how much I get it for if I do go that route. Thanks for the input
Old 04-03-2013, 10:00 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

My wife cant drive a stick and it was the only car we were going to have for a while so I wasnt left with a choice but to get an automatic. However I will be swaping it out for a manual in the near future, within the year hopefully

LCMC Member
Old 04-03-2013, 10:06 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostedmind View Post
My wife cant drive a stick and it was the only car we were going to have for a while so I wasnt left with a choice but to get an automatic. However I will be swaping it out for a manual in the near future, within the year hopefully
I used to love autos and almost bought an automatic mustang but thank god my dad was there and made sure I didn't then I got the car I have now and I hated it because I didn't know how to drive stick but now that I'm used to it I'm so grateful I didn't buy the auto haha the drive is ridiculously different in them in my opinion and mach 1's, from what I know, have a huge acceleration decrease for autos so for that car manual is a must
Old 04-03-2013, 10:08 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

yea, its a 6 speed manual iirc and a 4/5 speed automatic... so definately a great deal of a difference

LCMC Member
Old 04-03-2013, 11:14 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Get the Mach 1
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:39 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doe_Rae_mi View Post
Get the Mach 1
Thanks I just need more power than my stock v6 if I wanna start taking it to the track and I think the mach 1 would be perfect
Old 04-04-2013, 01:51 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelgranlund

Thanks I just need more power than my stock v6 if I wanna start taking it to the track and I think the mach 1 would be perfect
Yea the Mach would be perfect for you. Those hoods they got are big as hell too lol
Old 04-04-2013, 01:53 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yea the Mach would be perfect for you. Those hoods they got are big as hell too lol
Yeah that's true. I heard the shaker hood is functional. But some people say it's just for looks. Do you know if that's true or not? Because either way I love it but idk why ford would make it without it being actually functioning
Old 04-04-2013, 02:04 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah that's true. I heard the shaker hood is functional. But some people say it's just for looks. Do you know if that's true or not? Because either way I love it but idk why ford would make it without it being actually functioning
Yea it's def functional. But it doesn't make that big of a difference is all. But the Mach engine gives a very good base to start building on
Old 04-04-2013, 02:08 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yea it's def functional. But it doesn't make that big of a difference is all. But the Mach engine gives a very good base to start building on
Definitely I'd love to save up for about 6 months after buying it to get a decent super charger because I heard the stock termi supercharger isn't one of the best.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:23 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Definitely I'd love to save up for about 6 months after buying it to get a decent super charger because I heard the stock termi supercharger isn't one of the best.
If your ganna do that I would just go ahead and buy a termi. I mean they are just simply badass. Buying a supercharger for the Mach would mean u would also have to replace a bunch of stuff bc it may not be able to handle the boost if u go to big. If ur planning on saving up for a supercharger u may as well just buy the termi man
Old 04-04-2013, 02:28 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

If your ganna do that I would just go ahead and buy a termi. I mean they are just simply badass. Buying a supercharger for the Mach would mean u would also have to replace a bunch of stuff bc it may not be able to handle the boost if u go to big. If ur planning on saving up for a supercharger u may as well just buy the termi man
Idk that just would take much longer to save up for and I'm almost positive you don't have to change anything to the mach 1 unless it's more than 450hp but that's just what I read but really, it depends what's for sale when I have the money if there is a termi for under 12k which I've seen and have less than 100,000 miles then ill jump on it but that's highly doubtful
Old 04-04-2013, 02:37 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Idk that just would take much longer to save up for and I'm almost positive you don't have to change anything to the mach 1 unless it's more than 450hp but that's just what I read but really, it depends what's for sale when I have the money if there is a termi for under 12k which I've seen and have less than 100,000 miles then ill jump on it but that's highly doubtful
Yea true. I don't really know about how much that Mach could take. But either way that mach is a bad car
Old 04-04-2013, 03:18 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to bullitt1075
Sounds like you're set on a 4v, but if not, you might want to keep your eyes out for a Bullitt.
Proud owner of Bullitt #1075
bullitt1075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:23 PM   #19
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt1075 View Post
Sounds like you're set on a 4v, but if not, you might want to keep your eyes out for a Bullitt.
+1

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:39 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt1075 View Post
I love bullitts but I've only seen about 2 for sale in my area in the past 3 months and i kinda was looking for more power without getting a termi
Old 04-04-2013, 05:22 PM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
So you want to spend 12k on a car and turn around and spend 6k for a sc just to have a weaker driveline and slower car than a factory terminator for 18k?
Whatever floats your boat I guess. If it was me i'd spend the money on the better platform to begin with.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:37 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
So you want to spend 12k on a car and turn around and spend 6k for a sc just to have a weaker driveline and slower car than a factory terminator for 18k?
Whatever floats your boat I guess. If it was me i'd spend the money on the better platform to begin with.
That's the thing I don't plan on supercharging right away. It was just a really quick Idea I doubt I'd even do that since I'm pretty sure it kills your gas mileage. I was set on a mach 1 but then my friend bought a v6 convertible which I loved but I'm not sure if I'd get sick of it which Is why a 99-02 cobra was an option I'm just asking people what they'd prefer and why because I see statistics on all these cars and, don't get me wrong, i want a faster car than my current one, but I also want it for a daily driver. I'm still months away from buying One so I'm trying to get as much info as possible right now
Old 04-04-2013, 05:40 PM   #23
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
^ I agree with that. Some of the best things in life are worth waiting for. If you can save that much that quick, it won't take u long to save the rest and you will be more than happy with waiting.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-53798353.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	100461
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:05 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Weaker trans yes, slower idk so. Termi turn out high 12s, a low boost Mach will be deep in the 12s, maybe even 11s

2007 Ford Mustang GT 5spd
Brenspeed tune, JLT 3, Hurst shifter, 4.10s
O/R Xpipe, 15x8 Jeg Stars with Micky Thompsons
BaSohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:14 PM   #25
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Pulley swap ^

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:26 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Pulley swap ^
Pully swap, ported blower etc all cost money, and then you stuck with the IRS, there's a reason if you YouTube 03/04 cobra VS ..... all the races are from a roll

Old 04-05-2013, 09:36 AM   #27
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaSohol

Pully swap, ported blower etc all cost money, and then you stuck with the IRS, there's a reason if you YouTube 03/04 cobra VS ..... all the races are from a roll
I cut 1.65 60' on irs and dr's. It wasn't till I went for 1.5's stuff started breaking.

Also, it's rare to find a cobra without at least a pulley swap. Stock ones don't exist in any large number.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:05 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I cut 1.65 60' on irs and dr's. It wasn't till I went for 1.5's stuff started breaking.

Also, it's rare to find a cobra without at least a pulley swap. Stock ones don't exist in any large number.
That's another reason not to buy, if I ever got one, it would be bone stock. Hard to find but my old boss had an untouched one, and when the economy tanked a few years back I offered him 20g cash haha he didn't take it but I'm sure there's one out there in a garaged of a 60 year old that's looking to dump it

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Tags
new edge