FWD vs. RWD - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-08-2013, 07:25 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
DustyStang306's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Belleville On
Region: Canada
Posts: 342
DustyStang306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-08-2013, 07:35 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
UltArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,782
I couldn't figure out headers for a civic, it was just forums arguing about effectiveness lol
__________________
2012 Mustang EPA: 19/29
2012 AeroStang: 40/46

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:11 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lakeland
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,699
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
I couldn't figure out headers for a civic, it was just forums arguing about effectiveness lol
And scene hehe.

You can get 100 dollar headers for them. They are just a saturated market as if Instagram ran it.
__________________
SOLD - 06 GT 371WHP/332WTQ


Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-09-2013, 06:07 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
UltArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii

And scene hehe.

You can get 100 dollar headers for them. They are just a saturated market as if Instagram ran it.
So a 2014 civic si can get new, reputable headers for 100.00?!
__________________
2012 Mustang EPA: 19/29
2012 AeroStang: 40/46

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:18 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lakeland
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,699
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
So a 2014 civic si can get new, reputable headers for 100.00?!
Absolutely not lol (that I know of)
__________________
SOLD - 06 GT 371WHP/332WTQ


Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:23 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
UltArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii

Absolutely not lol (that I know of)
Oh, I thought you were saying that! My bad, do they make axle backs for them? I guess CAI is the best thing to check.
__________________
2012 Mustang EPA: 19/29
2012 AeroStang: 40/46

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:39 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
UltArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc

Oh, I thought you were saying that! My bad, do they make axle backs for them? I guess CAI is the best thing to check.
2013 civic si 324. 10.59 hp - http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...prod=69-1019TS
2013 3.7 349. 11.xx hp - http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...prod=69-3529TP
2013 5.0. 349. 20.27 hp - http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?prod=63-2578

Car-HP-% Increase
C- 201hp 5.2%
3- 305hp 3.6%
5- 420hp 4.8%

I didn't do an extensive search, but just checking out K&N and comparing same product for the same year, it is pretty comparable. NOW, I do not agree/disagree w/ those results, or hp ratings, but they are all the same - consistent. So they should all be off the same, there is no need to go on about how 201 is not at he wheels, or exactly how much hp comes from the induction.
__________________
2012 Mustang EPA: 19/29
2012 AeroStang: 40/46

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:26 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lakeland
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,699
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
2013 civic si 324. 10.59 hp - 69-1019TS - K&N 69 Series Typhoon Kits, Performance Intake Kit direct from K&N
2013 3.7 349. 11.xx hp - 69-3529TP - K&N 69 Series Typhoon Kits, Performance Intake Kit direct from K&N
2013 5.0. 349. 20.27 hp - 63-2578 - K&N 63 Series Aircharger Kits, Performance Intake Kit direct from K&N

Car-HP-% Increase
C- 201hp 5.2%
3- 305hp 3.6%
5- 420hp 4.8%

I didn't do an extensive search, but just checking out K&N and comparing same product for the same year, it is pretty comparable. NOW, I do not agree/disagree w/ those results, or hp ratings, but they are all the same - consistent. So they should all be off the same, there is no need to go on about how 201 is not at he wheels, or exactly how much hp comes from the induction.
5% of 420 is way more lol.

My point was that parts are not more expensive for FWD cars USUALLY.

2013 DC header for an SI was 360.

What is a Kooks or Pypes header set for a 2013 5.0? Not 300. lol.

But I think dollar VALUE the displacement engines still win regardless of price because for the money you get way more output.

The best FWD "Sports cars" were thought to be so at a time when mid 14s was considered fast. Once you get into low 14s, any more power requires impractical mods for the car, killing its street nature much sooner.
__________________
SOLD - 06 GT 371WHP/332WTQ


Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:57 AM   #44
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii View Post

5% of 420 is way more lol.

My point was that parts are not more expensive for FWD cars USUALLY.

2013 DC header for an SI was 360.

What is a Kooks or Pypes header set for a 2013 5.0? Not 300. lol.

But I think dollar VALUE the displacement engines still win regardless of price because for the money you get way more output.

The best FWD "Sports cars" were thought to be so at a time when mid 14s was considered fast. Once you get into low 14s, any more power requires impractical mods for the car, killing its street nature much sooner.
Well when thinking of headers. A Mustang had at minimum 2 more cylinders for the exhaust to flow out of, usually 4. And they are probably longer so that is where you see the price increase.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:58 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
99mustang99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Piedmont
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post

Well when thinking of headers. A Mustang had at minimum 2 more cylinders for the exhaust to flow out of, usually 4. And they are probably longer so that is where you see the price increase.
And your buying a set of 2 not just one either
99mustang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:06 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lakeland
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,699
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Well when thinking of headers. A Mustang had at minimum 2 more cylinders for the exhaust to flow out of, usually 4. And they are probably longer so that is where you see the price increase.
Right but that is the nature of the beast. "run what you brung" so to speak. It is inherent, so therefore is what it is. Not a good point to make.

Example: "Only reason you block so many shots is because you're taller."

"Yes. I am taller, so I block more shots. You are not, so you don't. Point is? End."

If that makes sense.
__________________
SOLD - 06 GT 371WHP/332WTQ


Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:11 AM   #47
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii View Post

Right but that is the nature of the beast. "run what you brung" so to speak. It is inherent, so therefore is what it is. Not a good point to make.

Example: "Only reason you block so many shots is because you're taller."

"Yes. I am taller, so I block more shots. You are not, so you don't. Point is? End."

If that makes sense.
Yea I totally understand what your saying.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:26 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular
 
2300turboford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: london
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 2,903
Retrieving more popcorn
__________________
"Racing is life ,anything before or after is just waiting "-the king of cool -Steve McQueen
2300turboford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:50 PM   #49
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2300turboford View Post
Retrieving more popcorn
Pass it over!!
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:07 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular
 
UltArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2300turboford
Retrieving more popcorn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4

Pass it over!!
I will be honest, I don't get this whole popcorn thing. We are having an on topic conversation, to my knowledge no drama or high emotion, what does popcorn have to do with it?

In other threads, there is more talk about "passing popcorn" than actual content. Can we maybe keep this one on topic?

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii

5% of 420 is way more lol.

My point was that parts are not more expensive for FWD cars USUALLY.

2013 DC header for an SI was 360.

What is a Kooks or Pypes header set for a 2013 5.0? Not 300. lol.

But I think dollar VALUE the displacement engines still win regardless of price because for the money you get way more output.

The best FWD "Sports cars" were thought to be so at a time when mid 14s was considered fast. Once you get into low 14s, any more power requires impractical mods for the car, killing its street nature much sooner.
5% of 420 is 21.
__________________
2012 Mustang EPA: 19/29
2012 AeroStang: 40/46

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:42 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular
 
Project Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Aiken
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 3,274
I had an 05 neon srt 4. Torque steer and understeer sucked all the fun out of that car. My v6 mustang is much more enjoyable and fun to drive than that srt 4 ever was. Ill never drive another fwd car again. Now my 99 eclipse gsx was awd, and that was a fun little car.
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Project Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:48 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lakeland
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,699
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
I will be honest, I don't get this whole popcorn thing. We are having an on topic conversation, to my knowledge no drama or high emotion, what does popcorn have to do with it?

In other threads, there is more talk about "passing popcorn" than actual content. Can we maybe keep this one on topic?

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------



5% of 420 is 21.
Which is way more than 10. The K20/24 engines respond as good as any N/A engine will but that is the better of examples. Not typical of most 4 cylinders.

I had a Celica GTS 6 speed. 180 HP stock. 161 WHP.

After AEM CAI ($300), The DDRP Header & Test Pipe ($800 and discontinued), the DDRP Manifold ($1400) and Power FC tuner ($800), the car went dynoed around 194 WHP. And THAT was enough to blow the tires off. DRs netted the next buyer 2.0 60' and he JUST crested 13.998 @ 101MPH

With out odd sized from DRs I netted 14.4s @ 99.90 with 2.3-2.4 60' foot times. A tune & intake on a 3V provides more power than those parts combined when torque is included because on my car, the torque when from 125 WTQ stock to 132 WTQ.

% of power isn't a worth while applicable variable because in the end, E.T. is where it counts and the numbers speak for themselves.

An s2000 is a great example of how simply making a great engine (k series) into a RWD format, it becomes far more lethal.
__________________
SOLD - 06 GT 371WHP/332WTQ


Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:10 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular
 
UltArc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii

Which is way more than 10. The K20/24 engines respond as good as any N/A engine will but that is the better of examples. Not typical of most 4 cylinders.

I had a Celica GTS 6 speed. 180 HP stock. 161 WHP.

After AEM CAI ($300), The DDRP Header & Test Pipe ($800 and discontinued), the DDRP Manifold ($1400) and Power FC tuner ($800), the car went dynoed around 194 WHP. And THAT was enough to blow the tires off. DRs netted the next buyer 2.0 60' and he JUST crested 13.998 @ 101MPH

With out odd sized from DRs I netted 14.4s @ 99.90 with 2.3-2.4 60' foot times. A tune & intake on a 3V provides more power than those parts combined when torque is included because on my car, the torque when from 125 WTQ stock to 132 WTQ.

% of power isn't a worth while applicable variable because in the end, E.T. is where it counts and the numbers speak for themselves.

An s2000 is a great example of how simply making a great engine (k series) into a RWD format, it becomes far more lethal.
E.T.? What is that?

And % power increase is not as effective in comparing performance as % of change in power to weight ratio, true, but there was a comment along the lines that mods do not have the same price efficiency between the two- [b]when they really do.
__________________
2012 Mustang EPA: 19/29
2012 AeroStang: 40/46

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:27 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lakeland
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,699
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
E.T.? What is that?

And % power increase is not as effective in comparing performance as % of change in power to weight ratio, true, but there was a comment along the lines that mods do not have the same price efficiency between the two- [b]when they really do.
Ok, I can agree to that. ET is elapsed time.

Obviously The Celica (and all FWD cars) are not made for drag racing but people are bent on doing it so the inherent flaws are undeniable.
__________________
SOLD - 06 GT 371WHP/332WTQ


Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



01:50 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.