Loving Your Mustang Unconditionally - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-07-2013, 10:48 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Loving Your Mustang Unconditionally

ok guys, having a problem here, I have so much unconditionally love for my mustang that I told myself I would never give up on it but I have the opportunity to trade it in for my all time dream mustang (any 2011 and up Grabber Blue Mustang) and I was wondering if you guys ever had to make a decision like this before, I know it may seem kinda obvious since I'm getting and extra 100 horses but just letting something go that you care so much for, thx guys. V6 POWER.
MustacheMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2013, 10:54 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via Skype™ to Ghostedmind
Will you be able to live with yourself if you let your dream car slip out of your hands?

thats the real question. Its not like your leaving the mustang for a camaro or something

I absolutely love the mustang i have, but if i ever have a chance to get either of my true dream mustangs (03/04 Mach 1, '70s Mach 1) she's gone.

just don't tell her that, she might not want to start up later.....temperamental bi***

LCMC Member
Ghostedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:03 PM   #3
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
I had a 97 cobra before my Shelby. It was lowered 3 inches and had a Saleen body kit. It had a 125 shot of NOS. a cobra head shifter and complete MagnaFlow exhaust. I still miss it.

That's like the saddest story I've ever told right there lol. I miss being able to afford to fix it if I broke it lol.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2013, 07:00 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Personally, i would just do my best to just save for a bit so that you have to opportunity to own both. Maybe use the one you got got as a dd, then the new one as a hot rod/ weekend warrior. But thats just what id do. I still have my first truck, a 91 f150 almost 278k miles and i still drove it over my 05 ram. Cant make myself get rid of the ol girl lol.
Termi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:58 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Just go for the new one.. Although I can't say I really feel what you feel with my old Taurus because I have to share it with a couple of family members that haven't bought vehicles yet.. So my car is like a hoe, and I would get rid of it ASAP if I could But I'm happy that it does a good service for others.. Still though, that is one of the reasons my Mustang will be a manual.. So i'll be the only one with the ability to drive it!
Gordito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:02 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

My current stang is my baby. I got 10 years invested and I bought it new back in 01. Ill never sell mine lol.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:58 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Tough one. I took my new mustang to visit my crappy honda civic I drove for 17 years after it was fixed up and ready to sell. I felt so guilty, and I didn't even love that car. Good luck with that choice
Old 04-13-2013, 08:11 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

alright guys, well I drove 4 hours to kileen tx at automax to get my car and I ended up getting a 2013 v6 (v6, only because that's what I can afford) and it's white but since I couldn't get it today they let me use a rental car (vw passat) lol and my love stang should be delivered at my house either on Tuesday or Wednesday, I'm so excited guys!!

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

and I'll be getting pics of my car Monday an ill post them for y'all. I couldn't miss an opportunity like this for me to get a (new) mustang for it to last for a long time and I'm only 20 years of age and is paying for it (along with other bills) I feel pretty successful. I feel bad though because now I have to go to the 11-14 v6 stang forums.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:49 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustacheMustang View Post
alright guys, well I drove 4 hours to kileen tx at automax to get my car and I ended up getting a 2013 v6 (v6, only because that's what I can afford) and it's white but since I couldn't get it today they let me use a rental car (vw passat) lol and my love stang should be delivered at my house either on Tuesday or Wednesday, I'm so excited guys!!

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

and I'll be getting pics of my car Monday an ill post them for y'all. I couldn't miss an opportunity like this for me to get a (new) mustang for it to last for a long time and I'm only 20 years of age and is paying for it (along with other bills) I feel pretty successful. I feel bad though because now I have to go to the 11-14 v6 stang forums.
I love my white v6 !
Old 04-22-2013, 09:42 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Good for you man I'm sure you'll enjoy it a lot and your doing better than most 20 year olds paying for it yourself. Besides the higher payment with a gt the insurance for your age is pretty ridiculous in most cases
kornflake7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:42 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

If I were you I'd be dying right now! I bet you can't wait
Old 04-24-2013, 09:50 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

thx guys, and here are pictures of the whip I promised, love driving it everyday!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1462823692.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	638.2 KB
ID:	104173   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-450480138.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	441.6 KB
ID:	104174  

Name:	image-3349178582.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	563.1 KB
ID:	104175  
Old 04-24-2013, 10:27 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
thx guys, and here are pictures of the whip I promised, love driving it everyday!!
Your car is Exactly like mine. !!!!
Old 04-24-2013, 10:35 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Your car looks exactly like mine !What is your interior color?
Old 04-25-2013, 06:35 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

all black on the inside, my old 05 white mustang had tan interior.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:25 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
all black on the inside, my old 05 white mustang had tan interior.
I thought about all black. Looks so good contrasting the white but l opted for saddle brown leather instead. I would send you a pic if I could figure out how to do so. Enjoy your new car. Do you have regrets selling your other mustang?
Old 04-28-2013, 08:05 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang lulu View Post

I thought about all black. Looks so good contrasting the white but l opted for saddle brown leather instead. I would send you a pic if I could figure out how to do so. Enjoy your new car. Do you have regrets selling your other mustang?
"do you have regrets selling your old mustang?"
we all love our mustangs here, unconditionally I would I say. I loved my old car, it had potential and spirit I believed and it wasn't afraid to rawr at anybody when it needed to or race a friend knowing my car would lose but having fun doing it!! letting go of that car was like batman telling his butler Wilfred to not work for him anymore. it was hard and all I hope is that someone will take great care of it and treat her like a mans best friend. here's the latest video of my mustang showing everybody it's loudness and slight aggressiveness. enjoy and watch in HD for best sound quality!! .

Old 04-28-2013, 09:33 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
My first Mustang was a 2001 GT. I loved that car. Looking back, it was a pleasure to drive, but the body style wasn't much "Mustang" and the 4.6 motor was terrible. At best I think I ran high 13's with that car. Still loved her though.

Now my 2013, well it's my first NEW car, and aside from that, I am in love with her. It doesn't matter whether I'm granny shifting for fuel mileage or getting on it a bit, this car is just amazing to drive. It's an experience, not just a car. I love the retro interior and the retro gauges. Sometimes cruising with the windows down on the back roads, I tune up 70's on 7 on Sirius and feel like I'm taken back. Mustang fan my whole life and I'm driving my dream car. Some people want Ferrari or Lamborghini for a dream car, I'll take a Mustang. GT500 would really be my dream car, but this GT is close enough.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-570257091.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	467.7 KB
ID:	104660  
Davey13GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:42 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey13GT View Post
My first Mustang was a 2001 GT. I loved that car. Looking back, it was a pleasure to drive, but the body style wasn't much "Mustang" and the 4.6 motor was terrible. At best I think I ran high 13's with that car. Still loved her though.

Now my 2013, well it's my first NEW car, and aside from that, I am in love with her. It doesn't matter whether I'm granny shifting for fuel mileage or getting on it a bit, this car is just amazing to drive. It's an experience, not just a car. I love the retro interior and the retro gauges. Sometimes cruising with the windows down on the back roads, I tune up 70's on 7 on Sirius and feel like I'm taken back. Mustang fan my whole life and I'm driving my dream car. Some people want Ferrari or Lamborghini for a dream car, I'll take a Mustang. GT500 would really be my dream car, but this GT is close enough.
love the whip!! and that's what I'm talking about!! it's like I said loving your mustang unconditionally. V6 POWER. V8 POWER
Old 05-08-2013, 03:17 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Is it weird that i had a dream about mine last night? Lol
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:19 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post
Not at all, I had a dream where a part of it was my Mustang coming to life and us talking about stuff while cruising around. Hmm, if only dreams could become true!
610swolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:59 PM   #22
ME Bloodhound
Staff

I look back like 3 times when I'm walking away from my car.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:19 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Really glad I'm not the only one
SilverPonyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:59 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

+OVER9000
Old 05-12-2013, 03:18 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Lol i do that too. I thought it was an ocd thing
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:53 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
I run back to see if I left the E brake on
Gordito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:57 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post
No.lol. I dream about mine all the time haha

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

Quote:
+1
Old 05-22-2013, 04:20 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

I'm not selling my car. I'm mod it, keep it for life.
My collection begins with my 07 Gt.

If I want another car, I will save up for it buy it.
And keep my car as a weekend car.

Ain't no way. It'd be a nightmare for me.

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSleeper View Post

I regret almost everyday selling my Iroc-z t-top and my 1995 f-150 I-6 motor, lifted by 8', rhino paint and those monster tires.
Should've kept them, but at the time I had them. I didn't have time and space to keep them. Now I do, therefore my reason of regret. .__.

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSleeper View Post

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

I regret almost everyday selling my Iroc-z t-top and my 1995 f-150 I-6 motor, lifted by 8', rhino paint and those monster tires.
Should've kept them, but at the time I had them. I didn't have time and space to keep them. Now I do, therefore my reason of regret. .__.
I might also buy that Iroc-z t-top back, I still am in touch with the buyer. Lol.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion