My Experience at StangMods Today - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-08-2013, 01:50 PM   #1
Region: Tennessee
Thumbs up My Experience at StangMods Today

Hello I am new here and am really just getting into the world of Mustang mods so my tech level is low at best lol but I am really loving it more and more and really learning alot. That being said I am no stranger to horrible customer service as well as great customer service and so I just wanted to share my experience today with "". It started on Saturday after doing tons of research I finally made my decided to get the C&L plenum and a MAC 75mm Throttle body for my lightly modded 02 gt 5spd(mods are: MGW Shifter, Airaid CAI, Flowmaster catback, 3.73 Ford gears,and matched with a Bama Tuner). So after making the order for the throttle body from StangMods (have to get the c&l plenum from C&L) I went on with my day. I later checked email and confirmed my order and that my card was charged so I figured everything was G2G. So Monday rolls around I get an email saying that the throttle body has been discontinued and that I can exchange or get a refund. So I called them thinking well they will have a different TB to exchange for. The person I got on the phone was a guy named Matt who just so happens to own StangMods. Well all he could get was a 70mm well that wont due as my new tunes for my tuner are for a 75mm and I explained that. Well at that point I was a little annoyed at the fact that my card had been charged at all and to make it worse a refund would take a week or so to get back to me. So at that point I said ok what are we going to do about this and believe it or not after a litte explaining that I was not at all happy with this experience Matt offered to get me a better 75mmTB by Edelbrock which by the way cost $80 more and he would cover the difference. At that point I was speachless I know I studdered a couple times when I said "WHAT" "ARE YOU SERIOUS"! So that is what he is going to do send me a more expensive TB on his tab to make me happy. HOLY CRAP now that is customer service. Thanks for reading this I just thought this was so amazing that I had to share. If anything changes I will up date.

gtdad02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:47 PM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Nevada
Sorry I lost track after I read " Hello I am new here" but welcome to ME

2006 Mustang GT Premium RedFire. CAI, SLP Loudmouth, SCT Progammer, 5 speed manual trans. My other car is a CORVETTE!
maldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:03 PM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Texas
thats awesome man ! i ordered a set of longtubes for my brother on stangmods on friday and they still cant ****ing ship it :/

Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion