Mustang Evolution Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Project - Mustang Owners Map (Part of MustangLink.com)

2K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  Ghostedmind 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

Thanks for all those who are supporting me with MustangLink.com

I can't wait for the official launch for it, and I hope you can't wait either!

For those who aren't familiar with what I'm talking about visit this thread;

http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f312/t330790/

SO! Today I'd like to seek help on a small part of MustangLink.com in order to create a MUSTANG OWNERS MAP.

Through this link; Google Maps
207319439740588758437.0004da3cb1858bed5f751

You guys will be able to add your very own placemarks to identify where you are located (doesn't have to be your front door).

Here are the directions;

1-) Go to this link: Google Maps

2-) Click on EDIT (It's big and red, can't miss it)

3-) Find your city/town wherever you live.

4-) Grab a placemark from the top of the map and drop it to that location.

5-) Put your name or username as the Title and a way to contact you into the Description.

6-) Check out who lives around you! :)

Thanks a lot guys!

This is yet another step to growing this great Mustang community!

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Hey Guys,

Thanks for all those who are supporting me with MustangLink.com

I can't wait for the official launch for it, and I hope you can't wait either!

For those who aren't familiar with what I'm talking about visit this thread;

http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f312/t330790/

SO! Today I'd like to seek help on a small part of MustangLink.com in order to create a MUSTANG OWNERS MAP.
Through this link; Google Maps

You guys will be able to add your very own placemarks to identify where you are located (doesn't have to be your front door).

Here are the directions;

1-) Go to this link: Google Maps

2-) Click on EDIT (It's big and red, can't miss it)

3-) Find your city/town wherever you live.

4-) Grab a placemark from the top of the map and drop it to that location.

5-) Put your name or username as the Title and a way to contact you into the Description.

6-) Check out who lives around you! :)

Thanks a lot guys!

This is yet another step to growing this great Mustang community!
You need to be signed in to see the edit button (spent about 15min wondering where the F it was....then realized I wasn't signed in)

and aparantly the link changes when you add to it
Mustang Owners Map

#6 ·
It worked fine on my desktop.

#9 ·
I'm talking to some moderators and other Mustang Forums online to see if we could make this is a sticky-subject throughout the forum. It'll give it more exposure and having the backing of the moderators will add to the credibility which will increase the rate at which people add to this.

But most importantly - as all things - it takes time. :)

#14 ·
I added my Marker! its cool to see how spread out we are. this forum covers a HUGE area of people.

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

PS: i did have to get on my macbook to edit the markers.

#15 ·
Thanks for getting involved Jgill1992! Yes, I don't think you can add markers etc on your smartphone/tablet. Don't quote me on that though, Google has their maps app which may be able to do this.

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

Oh also! Please make sure your markers are all the same. I don't want to have a million different markers. Let's keep it neat & simple. :)

#16 ·
I believe I need to go onto my PC to edit and add my marker. There is no Edit option when logged in via my iPad. Very frustrating, probably a Flash issue, thanks Apple! I will add my location and then spread this idea to my local mustang club members. This is an awesome idea. If all of the ideas eventually come to fruition this will become my one stop shop for all my Mustang ideas. One area not to skimp on as you grow is Host site speed. Nothing more frustrating than wanting to look at pictures and have them load very slow or not at all. I can really see this turning into a financial success for you. Lots of opportunities for ad links, and sponsorships from all of the major Mustang parts sellers, and the big Kahuna Ford.

#18 ·
Sorry about that, I hope someone fixed it. How do I add a marker and then add my info to that marker? When I clicked on Edit, like the instructions said, it went to edit the Map Info. I don't want to ruin it again. Maybe I should just give my info to someone and let them put it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.