Love for your 11-13 V6! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-15-2013, 07:18 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Love for your 11-13 V6!

What things do you love most about your Stang? Pros and cons? Anything you wish it had or you think it's lacking? Any and all feedback!
tgmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2013, 08:11 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Seeing how I ordered mine the way I wanted I love everything
fordfan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:14 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgmeyer View Post
What things do you love most about your Stang? Pros and cons? Anything you wish it had or you think it's lacking? Any and all feedback!
Its missing a half naked, big eyed woman in a bikini. Lmao
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2013, 08:19 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I've had several on mine lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1991681696.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	102711  
Old 04-15-2013, 08:19 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Minus the half naked and bikini part
Old 04-15-2013, 08:20 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I love everything about my Mustang except the fact it stops at 120 and the drive shaft isn't built better. But then again I only spent 19k brand new on my car so how much can I really complain?
mtnbiker92271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:24 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfan100 View Post
I've had several on mine lol
Now that does it. You take my mom and sisters picture down right now mister. Lmao. Ba ha ha ha. Ha

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbiker92271 View Post
I love everything about my Mustang except the fact it stops at 120 and the drive shaft isn't built better. But then again I only spent 19k brand new on my car so how much can I really complain?
That's why I bought a performance tuner and one piece aluminum driveshaft from American muscle . Lol
Old 04-15-2013, 08:40 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Now that does it. You take my mom and sisters picture down right now mister. Lmao. Ba ha ha ha. Ha

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

That's why I bought a performance tuner and one piece aluminum driveshaft from American muscle . Lol
NEVER!!!!!! lol
Old 04-15-2013, 08:41 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
The only cons I have are nitpicking. I wish the car came with a better driveshaft and a real shifter bracket. Sharing the same driveshaft as the 5.0 Mustangs for cross compatibility would have been super nice. Telescoping wheel and a clutch pedal that allowed better engagement from a further seating position are on the list too. Cup holder placement absolutely sucks. Too much chrome accenting for my taste.

I love the dash. So many cars now are all about round bubble gauge clusters, where we have a flat dash all across with a few cuts and dips to keep it interesting. It's one of my favorite things. The seats feel great. I love the side mirrors with blind spotters built in, I don't know what I'd do without them. The overall look and feel of the car is top notch. The mileage is amazing and coupled with the fun factor, it can't be beat imo.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:49 PM   #10
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
There is nothing I do not like about my 2012 MCA

Of course I did do a few things to it to make it my personal Mustang.
I fell in love with this Mustang at first sight.

Things I did are listed here:::
ronnie948 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:51 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I ordered my 2011 Mustang. Ended up with every option except for the glass roof (didn't want it). Things i didn't like, i've changed. Most of the fun of owning a Mustang is making it your own
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:21 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

my 13 is a v6. sound was nice but lacking I added roush exhaust and I love it. my first manual I grossly underestimated the usefulness of ford synch. ill fix that soon. other than that it is all smiles every time I turn it on every time I hit the gas every time I tell people yeah it really is a v6
Old 04-16-2013, 07:39 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I fell in love with my Mustang as soon as I saw the first time. The one thing I Can say that I dislike is the antenna, it's one of the worst Antennas I've seen. I think they could've done something better. But other than that the Mustang is one of the best looking car!!!
B3Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:16 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
First brand new car I have ever owned. I love it, broke my warranty, but I do not care! I love the power to weight ratio. Just a few mods, 2-3000 and you are putting your foot in the !@# of Dodge RT and SS!!!!! They thought of almost everything with this on. Dislikes, the stock 12 wheels, gross, if anything they could have put some white letter tires on it, but they fixed the wheel issue with the 13's soooooooooooo many options. I don't like the wheel inset either. Their are not many spacer options for mustangs. I'm overseas and the wheels cannot come out past the well, so I need a 3/4 spacer which doesn't exist. So I went with an inch, and I think I got one that is small. The final gripe is that I have a base and the only way to link my Ipod is to plug it into the jack in the armrest, it is a bit of a a pain and a huge eyesore. A part from that, wouldn't trade for GT, wouldn't have made any other choice!
ricbjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:13 AM   #15

Region: Tennessee
Cool I love my new Mustang

Just purchased my new 2012 Mustang with just in 12,000 miles plus 10 year 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty from the dealership!. Off the lot I loved it and have no complaints. Performance is amazing due to the new V6. I have already had 30% tint all around and have ordered a smoked out deck lid cover, Bama tune + Cold Air, and plan soon to add a Roush axle back exhaust system. All from AM.com.

Any idea to beef up the look of my Performance white Mustang.
antpyoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:14 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by antpyoun View Post
Just purchased my new 2012 Mustang with just in 12,000 miles plus 10 year 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty from the dealership!. Off the lot I loved it and have no complaints. Performance is amazing due to the new V6. I have already had 30% tint all around and have ordered a smoked out deck lid cover, Bama tune + Cold Air, and plan soon to add a Roush axle back exhaust system. All from AM.com.

So you bought an extended warranty and now you're going to void it?
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:25 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by antpyoun View Post

Just curious chief, but why would you pay money to get an extended warranty for 100k miles if you went out and purchased a performance tuner . With the performance tuner you run the risk of loosing your warranty. You can always hire an attorney to file suit against ford to prove the tuner was the cause of the issue but that typically costs more money. Unless your a lawyer.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:42 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfan100 View Post
Seeing how I ordered mine the way I wanted I love everything
How do you go about ordering one with exactly what you want?
Do you just go to a dealership and say that you want to order a custom one?

Does it cost anything extra to get one custom, or just the price that it would be if you were to find it at a dealership?

"These cars are meant to be driven", so enjoy the hell out of all of it - not just the look of it when it is all clean" - Carroll Shelby
kdbdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:04 PM   #19
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Easy as can be.

Go to dealer, Get a Brochure, Go back home and read the Brochure. Write down exactly what you want, Check and make sure your packages are compatible. Go back to the dealer and just tell them exactly what you want to order. Salesman will give you a price, Then you can negotiate what you want to pay Put your $$$$ Down and place the order. Then just wait until it comes in. So Easy a caveman can do it !!!

Ronnie
Old 04-18-2013, 08:26 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Some dealerships have an order sheet and they can explain the options to you as well
Old 04-18-2013, 09:12 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Go to dealer, Get a Brochure, Go back home and read the Brochure. Write down exactly what you want, Check and make sure your packages are compatible. Go back to the dealer and just tell them exactly what you want to order. Salesman will give you a price, Then you can negotiate what you want to pay Put your $$$$ Down and place the order. Then just wait until it comes in. So Easy a caveman can do it !!!

Ronnie
Do they want an extra amount put down as like escrow or just your normal down payment? What about doing it with no down payment? (Just asking about no down payment because I am curious about the process and what it takes, not because I want to do it)

How long does it usually take (average) from the time you order with the dealership and when you get the car?

"These cars are meant to be driven", so enjoy the hell out of all of it - not just the look of it when it is all clean" - Carroll Shelby
Old 04-18-2013, 09:12 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
the thing i wish my mustang had that it doesn't (from the factory)
black seats
manual trans

but i tend to ignore the negatives because the positives outweigh them (that's an understatement)
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:18 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post
the thing i wish my mustang had that it doesn't (from the factory)
black seats
manual trans

but i tend to ignore the negatives because the positives outweigh them (that's an understatement)
Agree with the transmission.
My dealership didn't have a SINGLE manual transmission Mustang on the lot (big dealership)

There are some extra packages I wish I had, but to get some of them I had to go to car setups with things I didnt like.

Old 04-18-2013, 09:26 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I just got the strut tower bar and noticed the difference immediately. I fall a little bit more in love with my car every day.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:38 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
I just got the strut tower bar and noticed the difference immediately. I fall a little bit more in love with my car every day.
wait till you add in an o/r mid pipe. you'll think you're in the most badass car ever. I feel that every time i crank mine
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:10 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I thought they stopped at 113? Only had mine to 110. Seemed fast enough.
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:21 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2012 View Post

I was just generally speaking. 105 is fastest I have gone. Had it 4 months, only it hard off the line one time. Yes I baby it very much so.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:28 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2012 View Post
Its hard to tell the exact speed because of the size of the needle, but on mine it looks to be at 115-117 however it probably is at 113

Mine can get there with no effort.
She tries to go faster, and has the power too, but the damn computer stops her.

I will upgrade the driveshaft and use a tune to get rid of the limiter, but cant until its out of warranty, so until then 113 will have to do

Old 04-18-2013, 10:47 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbdallas View Post

Its hard to tell the exact speed because of the size of the needle, but on mine it looks to be at 115-117 however it probably is at 113

Mine can get there with no effort.
She tries to go faster, and has the power too, but the damn computer stops her.

I will upgrade the driveshaft and use a tune to get rid of the limiter, but cant until its out of warranty, so until then 113 will have to do
F that warranty. Lol. 22k and have had a sct bama tuner and one piece aluminum driveshaft .
Old 04-18-2013, 10:50 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
F that warranty. Lol. 22k and have had a sct bama tuner and one piece aluminum driveshaft .
I WISH I had the money to say F it and upgrade it all and not care about the warranty
Maybe once I get to a point in life where I can buy a Shelby brand new
(hopefully I will still be alive by then)

Old 04-18-2013, 11:00 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbdallas View Post

I WISH I had the money to say F it and upgrade it all and not care about the warranty
Maybe once I get to a point in life where I can buy a Shelby brand new
(hopefully I will still be alive by then)
Lol. I'm just kidding bro. I understand. I have had my tuner one year after I purchased my car. I know its a gamble but I believe Ford produces a good quality product and hold up
Old 04-19-2013, 07:33 AM   #32
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Hi Kdbdallas

When you special order a car they want a good down payment. If you change your mind as they are getting your car built just for you they can keep the down payment. It insures the dealer that they will not lose anything if you don't take the car when it comes in. It is only fair because the dealer still has to buy the car from the factory. If you don't want the special order to get it your way just pick one off of the lot they have in stock. The dealer can get a pretty good window on waiting time before you get your new Mustang.

Ronnie
Old 04-19-2013, 07:17 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
When you special order a car they want a good down payment. If you change your mind as they are getting your car built just for you they can keep the down payment. It insures the dealer that they will not lose anything if you don't take the car when it comes in. It is only fair because the dealer still has to buy the car from the factory. If you don't want the special order to get it your way just pick one off of the lot they have in stock. The dealer can get a pretty good window on waiting time before you get your new Mustang.

Ronnie
Ford's Build Your Mustang app/website should let you do packages (showing what each include) and which ones can be used together.
Then after that let people choose colors and add-ons like stripes

Old 10-02-2013, 11:17 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Lets hear more testimonials! Anyone got new stories? Pros? Cons? Shoot away!
tgmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:32 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
I love the get up and go power, the sound, seats, steering wheel, and just about everything else lol. Also I was thinking about new stripes on the sides, can the dealer remove stripes? Or is it not possible?

JMoney is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion