Whats the stupidest thing someone said about your car? - Page 16 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-06-2013, 07:49 AM   #526
Registered Member
Regular
 
IIAMSTARK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by travisb.young66 View Post

+1 i walk around my college and just think what the **** is wrong with people and when is natural selection going to catch up?
My thoughts exactly.
IIAMSTARK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-08-2013, 05:53 PM   #527
Registered Member
Regular
 
Stanglover1966's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 243
*watching a ford raptor jumping compilation and reading the comments*

Dude! Why would you jump a 50k dollar truck??? You have to be a retarded redneck!

Me: of course cause its not like ford made the truck to do that stuff right?

C'mon guys. It's labeled as a freerunner. A trophy truck. It doesn't have off road gas shocks and upgraded suspension for nothing.
Stanglover1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 05:57 PM   #528
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Arcadia
Region: Florida
Posts: 2,785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanglover1966 View Post
*watching a ford raptor jumping compilation and reading the comments*

Dude! Why would you jump a 50k dollar truck??? You have to be a retarded redneck!

Me: of course cause its not like ford made the truck to do that stuff right?

C'mon guys. It's labeled as a freerunner. A trophy truck. It doesn't have off road gas shocks and upgraded suspension for nothing.
+2 the guy who made they comment must drive a Chevy or Honda
93mstnglx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-08-2013, 06:27 PM   #529
Registered Member
Regular
 
dj_james123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93mstnglx View Post

+2 the guy who made they comment must drive a Chevy or Honda
Or a piece of crap dodge
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 06:54 PM   #530
Registered Member
Regular
 
MidnightBlueGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 3,887
Their off roading with their truck must be their gravel driveway
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:12 PM   #531
Registered Member
Regular
 
dj_james123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93mstnglx View Post

+2 the guy who made they comment must drive a Chevy or Honda
There was kid that would tear apart my truck constantly, but he still is constantly trading away vehicles, all GM or Chrysler brands,
My f-150 is still going strong with 197k. I'll let truck speak for itself!!

http://wallstcheatsheet.com/stocks/m...ngineers.html/
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:18 PM   #532
Registered Member
Regular
 
White03GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hereford
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanglover1966 View Post
*watching a ford raptor jumping compilation and reading the comments*

Dude! Why would you jump a 50k dollar truck??? You have to be a retarded redneck!

Me: of course cause its not like ford made the truck to do that stuff right?

C'mon guys. It's labeled as a freerunner. A trophy truck. It doesn't have off road gas shocks and upgraded suspension for nothing.
I agree with you, for the most part. I wouldn't jump my $50,000 truck 90' though lol. Should check out that video on YouTube
White03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:37 AM   #533
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sbales88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bakersfield
Region: Missouri
Posts: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_james123 View Post

There was kid that would tear apart my truck constantly, but he still is constantly trading away vehicles, all GM or Chrysler brands,
My f-150 is still going strong with 197k. I'll let truck speak for itself!!

http://wallstcheatsheet.com/stocks/m...ngineers.html/
I seen that, its pretty cool. What size motors in your truck? If its a 5.4 it will run for forever. We got a 99 superduty with a 5.4 and its gettin real close to 290,000
Sbales88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:06 AM   #534
Registered Member
Regular
 
dj_james123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Bales View Post

I seen that, its pretty cool. What size motors in your truck? If its a 5.4 it will run for forever. We got a 99 superduty with a 5.4 and its gettin real close to 290,000
I have a 02 5.4 and have the fx4 package, no rust yet, So that's good. Not gonna lie when we had flooding in our area, I thought my truck first before my stang.
Well 290k, that's comforting to hear
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4128107028.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	374.4 KB
ID:	113093  
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:05 PM   #535
Registered Member
Regular
 
Stanglover1966's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by White03GT View Post

I agree with you, for the most part. I wouldn't jump my $50,000 truck 90' though lol. Should check out that video on YouTube
It's wasn't on the 90 foot video. It was on one with like a 15 ft jump. And almost any offroader would blow out from a 90 foot jump.
Stanglover1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:49 PM   #536
Registered Member
Regular
 
GT fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 70
Some kid in a 94 Honda said he would smoke my 2014 5.0 cause he had a turbo -_-
GT fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:51 PM   #537
Registered Member
Regular
 
dj_james123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT fanatic View Post
Some kid in a 94 Honda said he would smoke my 2014 5.0 cause he had a turbo -_-
Those kids and their turbos, lol
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:56 PM   #538
Registered Member
Regular
 
MidnightBlueGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 3,887
Their baby turbos at that
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:18 PM   #539
Registered Member
Regular
 
GT fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 70
I had another guy say he could smoke me in his 05 350z, haha
GT fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:23 PM   #540
Registered Member
Regular
 
MidnightBlueGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 3,887
Only 350's that are good are the 07+ with the hr motors.
Any older are not as reliable and slower.
Stang would kill it with a 10 car length advantage
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:23 PM   #541
Registered Member
Regular
 
GT fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post
Only 350's that are good are the 07+ with the hr motors.
Any older are not as reliable and slower.
Stang would kill it with a 10 car length advantage
The bad thing is it grinds every down shift and its got over 100,000 miles on it
GT fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:48 PM   #542
Registered Member
Regular
 
MidnightBlueGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 3,887
Lol idiot
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:55 PM   #543
Registered User
Newbie
 
ThunderKissGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Fort Worth, Tx
Region: Texas
Posts: 4
So far just typical stuff i think... "is it fast?" O.o

"Doesn't get good gas mileage does it" o.O

smiles and lolz...
__________________
14 GT 3.55 gears, soon intake/tune/full exhaust, probably will leave it at that, then work on cosmetics.
ThunderKissGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:05 PM   #544
Registered Member
Regular
 
MidnightBlueGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 3,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderKissGT View Post
So far just typical stuff i think... "is it fast?" O.o

"Doesn't get good gas mileage does it" o.O

smiles and lolz...
Lol first post into stupidest thread. Nice!
Welcome
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:06 PM   #545
Registered User
Newbie
 
ThunderKissGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Fort Worth, Tx
Region: Texas
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post
Lol first post into stupidest thread. Nice!
Welcome
hahah... it caught my eye... thanks. Hope to make many GT friends!
__________________
14 GT 3.55 gears, soon intake/tune/full exhaust, probably will leave it at that, then work on cosmetics.
ThunderKissGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:59 PM   #546
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sbales88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bakersfield
Region: Missouri
Posts: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_james123 View Post

I have a 02 5.4 and have the fx4 package, no rust yet, So that's good. Not gonna lie when we had flooding in our area, I thought my truck first before my stang.
Well 290k, that's comforting to hear
Im more worried about my truck as well lol and its a 74. But our superduty has been great only had to replace a few coil packs and it shot a plug out once, but thats little stuff. Barely uses oil just doesnt have the power she used to have lol
Sbales88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:41 PM   #547
Registered Member
Regular
 
dj_james123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Bales View Post

Im more worried about my truck as well lol and its a 74. But our superduty has been great only had to replace a few coil packs and it shot a plug out once, but thats little stuff. Barely uses oil just doesnt have the power she used to have lol
Same here, the coils I've replaced too, expensive at that. Well the ones where you can't reach with just your hand. But been great truck, gonna restore it eventually
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:45 PM   #548
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bonnie12V6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Kansas City
Region: Missouri
Posts: 274
I'm in the Air Force and my leadership calls my car the phony pony cause its a V6. Lol Hate that ****.
__________________
Ryan
'Sally' 2014 Mustang GT 5.0, Black
Shelby GT500 Axleback, Res delete, Barton shift bracket.
United States Air Force
Bonnie12V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:49 PM   #549
Registered Member
Regular
 
MidnightBlueGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 3,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie12V6 View Post
I'm in the Air Force and my leadership calls my car the phony pony cause its a V6. Lol Hate that ****.
Just giving you a hard time anyway they can. If u had a gt "its still not a cobra" always something negative haha just ignore the sh**. The newer v6's are still fairly fast with cheaper insurance
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:11 AM   #550
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bonnie12V6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Kansas City
Region: Missouri
Posts: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post

Just giving you a hard time anyway they can. If u had a gt "its still not a cobra" always something negative haha just ignore the sh**. The newer v6's are still fairly fast with cheaper insurance
Yeah, they're pretty quick off the line with some 3.73s in the rear.
__________________
Ryan
'Sally' 2014 Mustang GT 5.0, Black
Shelby GT500 Axleback, Res delete, Barton shift bracket.
United States Air Force
Bonnie12V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:19 AM   #551
Registered Member
Regular
 
MidnightBlueGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 3,887
How you like them? Im about to get some. Break in period is 100miles correct??
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:11 AM   #552
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bonnie12V6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Kansas City
Region: Missouri
Posts: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post
How you like them? Im about to get some. Break in period is 100miles correct??
I don't have them in mine but my buddy had some in his and they pull so damn hard it feels like you gained 100 HP haha
__________________
Ryan
'Sally' 2014 Mustang GT 5.0, Black
Shelby GT500 Axleback, Res delete, Barton shift bracket.
United States Air Force
Bonnie12V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:10 AM   #553
Registered Member
Regular
 
2002VertGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Not really something stupid that someone said, but my friend loved imports (real imports, like subies and evos, he hates rice), but after giving him a ride in my mustang he wants one instead. I successfully brought him over to the right side.
All my buddies that ride in or drive (very select few) my car always want one after...
__________________
2004 F150 4x4 Lariat Supercrew, 5.4l, Black/Arizona Beige (daily driver)
2002 Mustang GT Convertible, triple black, mach 1000 system (Summer Car)
2001 Ranger Edge 4x4 xcab (sold to cousin)

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
2002VertGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:03 AM   #554
Registered Member
Regular
 
jdemK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Yes
Region: Arizona
Posts: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie12V6 View Post
I'm in the Air Force and my leadership calls my car the phony pony cause its a V6. Lol Hate that ****.
Haha that's awesome. Trust me dude, I understand. I'm in the Navy and the guys in my shop gave me so much s*** when I had a 2011 Performance White GT 'vert automatic. I'd be like, " but it's a GT!" Haha and they'd just laugh.

And +1 on the 3.73s. I've got them in my '13 GTCS. Granted, the 5.0 pulls pretty hard to begin with, but those gears are something else.
__________________
As I lay rubber down the street,
I pray for traction I can keep.
But if I spin and begin to slide,
Please dear God, protect my sweet ride.

2013 California Specil GT "Tater"
jdemK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:27 AM   #555
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sbales88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bakersfield
Region: Missouri
Posts: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_james123 View Post

Same here, the coils I've replaced too, expensive at that. Well the ones where you can't reach with just your hand. But been great truck, gonna restore it eventually
Its a nice truck you should! Im restoring my 74 got more money in the motor thats in it than i have in my whole mustang lol
Sbales88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:47 AM   #556
Registered Member
Regular
 
dj_james123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 730
Okay I'm pretty sure that there was talk about the Nissan 350 Z on here.. Well if not then so be it, my tenant is all excited about his, and thinks his is the fastest thing, say gets 400hp stock with his "turbo" so when I'm standing there, I pull out the iPhone, pull the specs up online, and it says 300hp, I say only has 300. He's like well they dyno at 400. I was laughing on the inside, unless I'm wrong, but where's that extra 100hp coming from..?
I'm pretty sure at the wheel he's probably getting 275ish right? Correct me if I'm wrong..

Then he went on saying his son is coming up and driving his sports car,
me: oh what's that.
Him: Mitsubishi eclipse,

I'm sorry that's not a sports car..IMO

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Bales View Post

Its a nice truck you should! Im restoring my 74 got more money in the motor thats in it than i have in my whole mustang lol
I'm gonna give it til few rust bubbles pop and then do it, I'll give it another year or so before they do. At the rate I drive it, it'll be at 210 in no time
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:10 PM   #557
Registered Member
Regular
 
MidnightBlueGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 3,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_james123 View Post
Okay I'm pretty sure that there was talk about the Nissan 350 Z on here.. Well if not then so be it, my tenant is all excited about his, and thinks his is the fastest thing, say gets 400hp stock with his "turbo" so when I'm standing there, I pull out the iPhone, pull the specs up online, and it says 300hp, I say only has 300. He's like well they dyno at 400. I was laughing on the inside, unless I'm wrong, but where's that extra 100hp coming from..?
I'm pretty sure at the wheel he's probably getting 275ish right? Correct me if I'm wrong..

Then he went on saying his son is coming up and driving his sports car,
me: oh what's that.
Him: Mitsubishi eclipse,

I'm sorry that's not a sports car..IMO

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------



I'm gonna give it til few rust bubbles pop and then do it, I'll give it another year or so before they do. At the rate I drive it, it'll be at 210 in no time
Lol stock turbo 350z? False!
That'd be cool but they dont.
Poor guy...
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:37 PM   #558
Registered Member
Regular
 
Xaperez100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: San antonio
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,230
This guy in his civic at the track the other day told me he could beat my sixxer. His Honda looked all fixed up hood off painted inside the bay a greenish color looked really well kept. And had a turbo and it was superrrrrr low! And my sixxer is stock with just a CAI. So we ran a quarter mile and I beat him:p not by much but still beat him:p
Xaperez100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:56 PM   #559
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Arcadia
Region: Florida
Posts: 2,785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaperez100 View Post
This guy in his civic at the track the other day told me he could beat my sixxer. His Honda looked all fixed up hood off painted inside the bay a greenish color looked really well kept. And had a turbo and it was superrrrrr low! And my sixxer is stock with just a CAI. So we ran a quarter mile and I beat him:p not by much but still beat him:p
Good for you!!!
93mstnglx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:03 PM   #560
Registered Member
Regular
 
Xaperez100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: San antonio
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93mstnglx View Post

Good for you!!!
Haha yeah it was my first time at the track and I loved it! I couldn't stop racing:p
Xaperez100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



07:24 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.