Whats the stupidest thing someone said about your car? - Page 27 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-25-2013, 11:55 AM   #911
Registered Member
Regular
 
dj_james123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverskoundrel View Post
i wish my GF had a badass car^
i need to turbo her ford five hundred lol
Five hundred is a nice car, you should do it
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-25-2013, 12:00 PM   #912
beardless wonder
Supporter
Staff
 
silverskoundrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,479
the sedan? lol id like to get an AWD one then turbo it!
__________________
IG = @silverskoundrel
05 TL Mustang Base - sold
05 TL Mustang GT - sold
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:11 PM   #913
Registered Member
Regular
 
dj_james123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 730
I understand some people can't afford a 5.0 or they just want a v6 instead, whatever the reason is. But what I don't get is someone buying a sixer to just put in another 5-20k into by putting a turbo, exhaust...ect..

To me that just sounds stupid, it's still a v6 vin number. Reason I bring this up is because there was a teen cruising around here, that bought a new 12' sixer but then "invested" (his words not mine) tons of cash in it. Then was gonna sell it soon. Doesn't make sense
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-25-2013, 12:17 PM   #914
Registered Member
Regular
 
MidnightBlueGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 3,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverskoundrel View Post
i wish my GF had a badass car^
i need to turbo her ford five hundred lol
Until she rags on you about how much faster hers is! Lol



And you dont get $ back for mods? Lol not an investment thats just a money pit
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:21 PM   #915
Registered Member
Regular
 
dj_james123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post

And you dont get $ back for mods? Lol not an investment thats just a money pit
Exactly what I was saying!!!!

But if you were spending that money, why not get a gt
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:27 PM   #916
Registered Member
Regular
 
MidnightBlueGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 3,887
Agreed. Unless you just wanted cheaper insurance to be as fast as a stock gt. either way you spend the same amount when theres more capabilities of the gt
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:41 PM   #917
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_james123 View Post
I understand some people can't afford a 5.0 or they just want a v6 instead, whatever the reason is. But what I don't get is someone buying a sixer to just put in another 5-20k into by putting a turbo, exhaust...ect..

To me that just sounds stupid, it's still a v6 vin number. Reason I bring this up is because there was a teen cruising around here, that bought a new 12' sixer but then "invested" (his words not mine) tons of cash in it. Then was gonna sell it soon. Doesn't make sense
Ha.
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:44 PM   #918
Registered Member
Regular
 
RocknCali's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Oceanside
Region: California
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post
Agreed. Unless you just wanted cheaper insurance to be as fast as a stock gt. either way you spend the same amount when theres more capabilities of the gt
I disagree. I spent $22k out the door for my v6 and all I need is about 3k-4k in mods to be faster than a stock gt

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

but then again my buddy owns a shop so it doesn't coust me anything for install
RocknCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:54 PM   #919
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocknCali View Post

I disagree. I spent $22k out the door for my v6 and all I need is about 3k-4k in mods to be faster than a stock gt

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

but then again my buddy owns a shop so it doesn't coust me anything for install
Built not bought! FTW.
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:37 PM   #920
Registered Member
Regular
 
shsfresh87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 814
True, but if a 5.0 gets the same basic mods, you're eating dirt and back to square one.
shsfresh87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:38 PM   #921
Registered Member
Regular
 
RocknCali's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Oceanside
Region: California
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by shsfresh87 View Post
True, but if a 5.0 gets the same basic mods, you're eating dirt and back to square one.
That wasn't my argument though. lol
RocknCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:38 PM   #922
Registered Member
Regular
 
Coltonhess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Elyria
Region: Ohio
Posts: 429
My friend bragging to me about how he's getting a 2002 Totota Solora. He said its the SLE and has the V6 and is pretty quick. So then I told him he better not rice it out. Why does everyone think their car is fast.
Coltonhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:38 PM   #923
Registered Member
Regular
 
MidnightBlueGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 3,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by shsfresh87 View Post
True, but if a 5.0 gets the same basic mods, you're eating dirt and back to square one.
+1
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:57 PM   #924
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sbales88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bakersfield
Region: Missouri
Posts: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltonhess View Post
My friend bragging to me about how he's getting a 2002 Totota Solora. He said its the SLE and has the V6 and is pretty quick. So then I told him he better not rice it out. Why does everyone think their car is fast.
I think my cars real slow lol
Sbales88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:16 PM   #925
Registered Member
Regular
 
White03GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hereford
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Bales View Post

I think my cars real slow lol
I think the same about mine lol
White03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:17 PM   #926
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff
 
WhoDat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Anchorage
Region: Alaska
Posts: 1,914
Let's not turn this thread into a V6 vs V8 argument. Although, a "people saying stupid things" thread is probably the best place for it. Comparing a V6 to a V8 is like trying to compare apples to oranges. They are two completely different beasts. I say appreciate every vehicle, no matter what size the engine is or what company makes it......except those riced out cars. I still don't understand them haha.
__________________
2012 Kona Blue 3.7L V6:
Borla LT headers, O/R h-pipe, Borla S-types, 3.73 gears,
Steeda adjustable UCA w/ mount, BMR LCAs, Airaid CAI,
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:21 PM   #927
Registered Member
Regular
 
White03GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hereford
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida3.7L View Post
Let's not turn this thread into a V6 vs V8 argument. Although, a "people saying stupid things" thread is probably the best place for it. Comparing a V6 to a V8 is like trying to compare apples to oranges. They are two completely different beasts. I say appreciate every vehicle, not matter what size the engine is or what company makes it......except those rides out cars. I still don't understand them haha.
+1!
White03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:43 PM   #928
Registered Member
Regular
 
MidnightBlueGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 3,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida3.7L View Post
Let's not turn this thread into a V6 vs V8 argument. Although, a "people saying stupid things" thread is probably the best place for it. Comparing a V6 to a V8 is like trying to compare apples to oranges. They are two completely different beasts. I say appreciate every vehicle, not matter what size the engine is or what company makes it......except those rides out cars. I still don't understand them haha.
+100
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:11 PM   #929
Registered Member
Regular
 
RocknCali's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Oceanside
Region: California
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida3.7L View Post
Let's not turn this thread into a V6 vs V8 argument. Although, a "people saying stupid things" thread is probably the best place for it. Comparing a V6 to a V8 is like trying to compare apples to oranges. They are two completely different beasts. I say appreciate every vehicle, not matter what size the engine is or what company makes it......except those rides out cars. I still don't understand them haha.
+1000
RocknCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:00 PM   #930
Registered Member
Regular
 
dj_james123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida3.7L View Post
Let's not turn this thread into a V6 vs V8 argument. Although, a "people saying stupid things" thread is probably the best place for it. Comparing a V6 to a V8 is like trying to compare apples to oranges. They are two completely different beasts. I say appreciate every vehicle, not matter what size the engine is or what company makes it......except those riced out cars. I still don't understand them haha.
+10000
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:06 PM   #931
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida3.7L View Post
Let's not turn this thread into a V6 vs V8 argument. Although, a "people saying stupid things" thread is probably the best place for it. Comparing a V6 to a V8 is like trying to compare apples to oranges. They are two completely different beasts. I say appreciate every vehicle, no matter what size the engine is or what company makes it......except those riced out cars. I still don't understand them haha.
+100000

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post

Built not bought! FTW.
One word........... Boss
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:09 PM   #932
Registered Member
Regular
 
MidnightBlueGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 3,887
One word....terminator!
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:09 PM   #933
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post
One word....terminator!
I'm Jealous :'(
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:11 PM   #934
Registered Member
Regular
 
MidnightBlueGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 3,887
As am i! Lol i wish i had one but im building the 2v because not many people do it and i love my little gt.
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:32 PM   #935
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 15,798
More ppl are building the 2V nowadays as more ppl are seeing what they can do. That and the availability of a good set of 4V cores that aren't B heads is becoming harder and harder to find.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda build #48. Bolt ons, suspension, Novi 2000.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:12 PM   #936
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltonhess View Post
My friend bragging to me about how he's getting a 2002 Totota Solora. He said its the SLE and has the V6 and is pretty quick. So then I told him he better not rice it out. Why does everyone think their car is fast.
My friend with a Ford Five Hundred said his car is pretty fast. One day we were driving and he gunned it from a stop, i almost fell asleep lol.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:34 AM   #937
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post
As am i! Lol i wish i had one but im building the 2v because not many people do it and i love my little gt.
Same reason why some build their sixxers. I'm sure urs is gonna be MEAN bro!

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post

+100000

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------



One word........... Boss
Lmao. That'a different! Can't build a boss..A boss is a BOSS!! can't replicate serial #s!
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:56 AM   #938
Registered Member
Regular
 
Coltonhess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Elyria
Region: Ohio
Posts: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
My friend with a Ford Five Hundred said his car is pretty fast. One day we were driving and he gunned it from a stop, i almost fell asleep lol.
I know. I think my car is slow and it runs 2 seconds faster than his stock. And makes 60 more hp and like 100 more ft-lbs of torque. He wants to beat civics so I guess it's not that bad
Coltonhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:08 AM   #939
Registered Member
Regular
 
sean5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: San Antonio
Region: Texas
Posts: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post

Same reason why some build their sixxers. I'm sure urs is gonna be MEAN bro!

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 PM ----------



Lmao. That'a different! Can't build a boss..A boss is a BOSS!! can't replicate serial #s!
Yea I know but you can get real close lol boss heads intake injectors suspension headers. But I was lookin at American muscle an FTP take my Cali spec. To boss form would take around 10k. And really only realistically as 40hp it would be track ready of course. But no offense to bosses just not that much faster cai and exhaust get mine to about one tenth of a second over and hundred him just whoever trees the other haha
sean5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:17 AM   #940
Registered Member
Regular
 
sean5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: San Antonio
Region: Texas
Posts: 306
And to* not an ftp
sean5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:38 AM   #941
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_james123 View Post
I understand some people can't afford a 5.0 or they just want a v6 instead, whatever the reason is. But what I don't get is someone buying a sixer to just put in another 5-20k into by putting a turbo, exhaust...ect..

To me that just sounds stupid, it's still a v6 vin number. Reason I bring this up is because there was a teen cruising around here, that bought a new 12' sixer but then "invested" (his words not mine) tons of cash in it. Then was gonna sell it soon. Doesn't make sense
So pretty much me.
Don't really plan on selling it tho
And I believe that the only thing you're gonna get out of the mods is personal enjoyment, and lower E/Ts :p
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:34 AM   #942
Registered Member
Regular
 
dj_james123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post

So pretty much me.
Don't really plan on selling it tho
And I believe that the only thing you're gonna get out of the mods is personal enjoyment, and lower E/Ts :p
Exactly, it's your personal enjoyment, where he's gonna sell it right away, it was just stupid how he was talking about it, and his attitude about whole thing.
So not knocking anyone, just a "stupid convo about a mustang"
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:35 AM   #943
Registered Member
Regular
 
Oh2freshstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean5.0 View Post

Yea I know but you can get real close lol boss heads intake injectors suspension headers. But I was lookin at American muscle an FTP take my Cali spec. To boss form would take around 10k. And really only realistically as 40hp it would be track ready of course. But no offense to bosses just not that much faster cai and exhaust get mine to about one tenth of a second over and hundred him just whoever trees the other haha
I know exactly what you mean but u can't replicate the serial # on the boss! Even though a boss isn't that much faster than a 5.0 a boss is a special edition. That's like a 04 GT trying to imitate a termi..it can try & do an engine swap & all that but it'll never be worth or the same as much as an original termi!
__________________
-2012 Mustang 5.0- Stock (for now)
-2013 Mustang 3.7 (SOLD)- Best 1/8: 9.057 @ 80.67mph
Oh2freshstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:25 PM   #944
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 15,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
I know exactly what you mean but u can't replicate the serial # on the boss! Even though a boss isn't that much faster than a 5.0 a boss is a special edition. That's like a 04 GT trying to imitate a termi..it can try & do an engine swap & all that but it'll never be worth or the same as much as an original termi!
Yep, if you have a Fobra you'll always have to be like "no its a clone" when someone asks although if you do it well enough 99% of ppl won't know or ask but when someone does... IMO if you've got a built GT let everyone know its a GT. 1 - shows you have some pride in what you own and, 2 - a lot of ppl will underestimate you. Its fun when a "lowly 2V" wipes the smile off some ******bag's face at a stoplight.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda build #48. Bolt ons, suspension, Novi 2000.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:46 PM   #945
Registered Member
Regular
 
Coltonhess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Elyria
Region: Ohio
Posts: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post

Yep, if you have a Fobra you'll always have to be like "no its a clone" when someone asks although if you do it well enough 99% of ppl won't know or ask but when someone does... IMO if you've got a built GT let everyone know its a GT. 1 - shows you have some pride in what you own and, 2 - a lot of ppl will underestimate you. Its fun when a "lowly 2V" wipes the smile off some ******bag's face at a stoplight.
Exactly what I want. My ultimate goal is like 450-500hp. Give me about 10 years at it but its my ultimate goal. People are always like why don't you swap motors? Well because Its too easy to just swap motors and make 400. No one expects the 2v to put out those numbers and having a 500hp 2v is way impressive than an 03 cobra swap to me
Coltonhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



10:58 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.