Whats the stupidest thing someone said about your car? - Page 29 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-26-2013, 09:28 PM   #981
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Lol when I said professional I meant a place like Fordstrokers or MHS or a legit speedshop owner. I'm just lucky I have so many shops/tuners/tracks around where I live in NJ. One of the only good things about this state. On top of the pollution, overcrowding, traffic, cost of living, now we can add killer hurricanes to the mix... yay...
And guidos :p
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2013, 09:28 PM   #982
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
Yeah, here we have, ford and dodge. Performance shops are nowhere near. We do get the occasional tornado tho! Lol. U meant "professionals" lol. I meant guys who drink from 4pm to 8am.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2013, 09:28 PM   #983
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93mstnglx View Post

They did purchase a large stake in Cummins, but I read that they are only putting them in the f-650 and f-750 trucks. Hopefully they put them in the 250s and 350s
Yea but lets keep their trans out of the picture
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:29 PM   #984
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_james123 View Post

Yea but lets keep their trans out of the picture
When are we gonna see cummins in a ford truck? That's when I'll be Interested in buyin lol
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:33 PM   #985
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post
And guidos :p
I was debating adding that to the list too but was trying to be nice. Don't even get me started on those... communities... in this state.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda build #48. Bolt ons, suspension, Novi 2000.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:41 PM   #986
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit View Post

When are we gonna see cummins in a ford truck? That's when I'll be Interested in buyin lol
As long as we have fords transmission than great
Old 07-26-2013, 09:48 PM   #987
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit View Post

Whats so special about a cummins?! Fords 6.0 turbo diesel does just as well if not better.
Robbiemustang96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:50 PM   #988
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbiemustang96 View Post
Whats so special about a cummins?! Fords 6.0 turbo diesel does just as well if not better.

I SERIOUSLY hope you are joking, if not, that just qualifies for exactly what this thread is about.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:52 PM   #989
Registered Member

Regular

Bahahahahahahahahha ^
Old 07-26-2013, 09:53 PM   #990
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I was debating adding that to the list too but was trying to be nice. Don't even get me started on those... communities... in this state.
Im sure theyre annoying. I've only seen a few of people around here with that attitude and theyre obnoxious and ignorant lol
Old 07-26-2013, 09:58 PM   #991
Registered Member
Regular

What are some of the issues with fords engine that you guys don't like?

So is ford gonna rename it? Then slap it in the dodge trucks, that would show them,

Go without government bailout and now were buying you guys out..ha
Old 07-26-2013, 10:02 PM   #992
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I SERIOUSLY hope you are joking, if not, that just qualifies for exactly what this thread is about.
Im just a 16 year old kid... Besides arnt cummings only 6 cylinders?!
Old 07-26-2013, 10:03 PM   #993
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You live and you learn. I've made plenty of stupid comments dont worry about it just giving you a hard time man.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:07 PM   #994
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:

Yes they are! but they are wicked sick! The one made in 93 was 5.9l 360ci (yes the same as the v8 dodge put in the ram, but still an inline 6) that produced less than 200hp and 400 foot pounds of torque and the brand new ones are even more insane, I believe it pushes 800 foot pounds of torque
93mstnglx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:09 PM   #995
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yes they are! but they are wicked sick! The one made in 93 was 5.9l 360ci (yes the same as the v8 dodge put in the ram, but still an inline 6) that produced less than 200hp and 400 foot pounds of torque and the brand new ones are even more insane, I believe it pushes 800 foot pounds of torque
And so does the 6.0 thats in the brand new f 450s.. But it pushes 400 hp and 800 ft pounds of tourqe.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:37 PM   #996
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
And so does the 6.0 thats in the brand new f 450s.. But it pushes 400 hp and 800 ft pounds of tourqe.
First off the new motor is a 6.7L. Second, its not all about power numbers. The Cummins is better built, more reliable and unlike the new Ford (which is Ford's FIRST EVER 100% in house built motor), Cummins has been doing it forever. As for 6 cylinders, you do realize that Semi engines are straight 6s right? The Cummins is basically a small Semi engine... well not basically IT IS. The old 5.9L 12V is the monster that everyone wants and they run FOREVER. Fully mechanical EVERYTHING on those. The 24v is ok... not great but way better than most. The Common Rail in the mid-late 2000s is pretty sweet too.

As for some of the 6.0L issues... where to begin... terrible EGR system, oil pumps like to go out, head gaskets like to blow, variable vane turbos that clog up and eat themselves and the fact that Navistar gave Ford the 6.0L with way less power than the 325/600 (IIRC) than Ford eventually hopped it up to. Yes, Ford hopped up the 6.0 from what it was originally intended and then you have dudes beating on them and bad EGR systems and oil pumps and head gaskets/bolts and you figure out what happened.

With that said, once they are Bulletproofed they are pretty good engines. The Bulletproofing of one is not cheap and consists of doing the Bulletproof oil pump, the Bulletproof EGR kit (or the delete), ARP head studs and new OEM Ford headgaskets. The turbos should be inspected but a lot of the issues they had were from before they went over to ultra low sulfur fuel. Still, there are a LOT of farmers who still use farm grade fuel that is NOT ultra low sulfur and that causes the vanes to stick and boom goes the dynamite.

Old 07-26-2013, 10:42 PM   #997
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

First off the new motor is a 6.7L. Second, its not all about power numbers. The Cummins is better built, more reliable and unlike the new Ford (which is Ford's FIRST EVER 100% in house built motor), Cummins has been doing it forever. As for 6 cylinders, you do realize that Semi engines are straight 6s right? The Cummins is basically a small Semi engine... well not basically IT IS. The old 5.9L 12V is the monster that everyone wants and they run FOREVER. Fully mechanical EVERYTHING on those. The 24v is ok... not great but way better than most. The Common Rail in the mid-late 2000s is pretty sweet too.

As for some of the 6.0L issues... where to begin... terrible EGR system, oil pumps like to go out, head gaskets like to blow, variable vane turbos that clog up and eat themselves and the fact that Navistar gave Ford the 6.0L with way less power than the 325/600 (IIRC) than Ford eventually hopped it up to. Yes, Ford hopped up the 6.0 from what it was originally intended and then you have dudes beating on them and bad EGR systems and oil pumps and head gaskets/bolts and you figure out what happened.

With that said, once they are Bulletproofed they are pretty good engines. The Bulletproofing of one is not cheap and consists of doing the Bulletproof oil pump, the Bulletproof EGR kit (or the delete), ARP head studs and new OEM Ford headgaskets. The turbos should be inspected but a lot of the issues they had were from before they went over to ultra low sulfur fuel. Still, there are a LOT of farmers who still use farm grade fuel that is NOT ultra low sulfur and that causes the vanes to stick and boom goes the dynamite.

And you know all of this how?!
Old 07-26-2013, 10:45 PM   #998
beardless wonder
Supporter
Staff

Region: Texas
Quote:
he answered your question a few replies ago when he said "you live and you learn"
Old 07-26-2013, 10:50 PM   #999
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:

Where did you come from?! Lol you are like a car god! All I've seen lately is great info from you and the praise that comes with it. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:54 PM   #1000
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverskoundrel View Post

he answered your question a few replies ago when he said "you live and you learn"
... That was a different guy.. You guys are making me feel retarded just cause i believe in ford and dont go to some one else just cause they have more power. Soo what if ford has their issues, its their first year actually building theyre diesel. Ford can make it up...
Old 07-26-2013, 11:17 PM   #1001
beardless wonder
Supporter
Staff

Quote:
... That was a different guy.. You guys are making me feel retarded just cause i believe in ford and dont go to some one else just cause they have more power. Soo what if ford has their issues, its their first year actually building theyre diesel. Ford can make it up...
my bad I stand corrected but its still the answer. I'm sure he learned about it at some point in his life lol
Old 07-26-2013, 11:18 PM   #1002
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Yes my friend is a little confused about his choice in trucks. He's on his third chevy after the past two crapped out on him

On another note guys with wimpy *** hand shakes pisses me of. Grow some balls shake hands like a man!!!

Or people that come in my work and don't trust my knowledge because of my age. Or the think I'm just making every thing up.

And well know it all come in and try to buy tools and when i suggest a better tool for them (not in price but better to suit their need) the get it all mad and think I'm getting commission on those tools. Fine get that ****ing tool and not be able to do your job.

Oh and my fing manager he's to lazy to do anything and makes me do everything and then acts like I'm some ****** and cant do anything just makes me want to get a education so i don't have to deal with this bs
Tyoung68 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:23 PM   #1003
Registered Member
Regular

Ha oops wrong thread
Tyoung68 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:25 PM   #1004
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisb.young66 View Post
Yes my friend is a little confused about his choice in trucks. He's on his third chevy after the past two crapped out on him

On another note guys with wimpy *** hand shakes pisses me of. Grow some balls shake hands like a man!!!

Or people that come in my work and don't trust my knowledge because of my age. Or the think I'm just making every thing up.

And well know it all come in and try to buy tools and when i suggest a better tool for them (not in price but better to suit their need) the get it all mad and think I'm getting commission on those tools. Fine get that ****ing tool and not be able to do your job.

Oh and my fing manager he's to lazy to do anything and makes me do everything and then acts like I'm some ****** and cant do anything just makes me want to get a education so i don't have to deal with this bs
Lol looks like you need to visit Dr Abbott
Old 07-26-2013, 11:36 PM   #1005
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:

They did purchase a large stake in Cummins, but I read that they are only putting them in the f-650 and f-750 trucks. Hopefully they put them in the 250s and 350s
Ford has been using Cummins for years. The 7.3 was built by navistar(International), they also make the Cummins blocks in the Indianapolis foundry.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 01:33 AM   #1006
Registered Member
Regular

So what about the Diesel engines from a few years ago, they don't all suck this bad.
Paying an extra 7-8k for all these headaches, yea no thanks
Old 07-27-2013, 03:09 PM   #1007
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
From years of experience.

Quote:
Well you're the one saying that the Ford diesels are just as good as the Cummins... nobody put those words in your mouth. If you don't want to look silly then make sure you know what you are talking about. The only Ford diesel that gets to be mentioned in the same breath as Cummins is the 7.3L and that isn't even a Ford powerplant as has already been stated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverskoundrel View Post
my bad I stand corrected but its still the answer. I'm sure he learned about it at some point in his life lol
I did and held onto our 7.3L for pretty much as long as the truck itself would hold out. Got so much rust on the underbody after awhile that we sold it while it still looked good on the surface and is still brought $15k in 2010. This was a 2000 model btw and even with those rust issues it shows how much the 7.3L is worth. The woman who bought it still has it and is using it regularly to haul livestock around.

I miss it... but it needed to be a crew cab anyway and should have been rust proofed back when it was new...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
Ford has been using Cummins for years. The 7.3 was built by navistar(International), they also make the Cummins blocks in the Indianapolis foundry.
Ford has been using them for years in the 650 and 750 IIRC. And yes the 7.3L was completely built by International Navistar. The 6.0L and 6.4L were joint Navistar/Ford ventures and the 6.7L is completely in house Ford.

Quote:
So what about the Diesel engines from a few years ago, they don't all suck this bad.
Paying an extra 7-8k for all these headaches, yea no thanks
Its the ones from a few years ago that suck the MOST, IE, the 6.0L. The 7.3L and the Cummins are great, the 03-up Powerstrokes and the Duracraps... not so much. However a diesel is worth it if you drive the thing a lot. Basically you calculate how long it would take you to make up the fuel costs and go from there. There is also maintenance to factor in. Its also ALWAYS worth it if you are hauling a big trailer and need the power of the diesel to pull grades. When dudes have near 20,000lb fivers or goosenecks and are going through an area with terrain... kind of have to have a diesel.

Old 07-30-2013, 03:44 PM   #1008
AKE
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
I understand some people can't afford a 5.0 or they just want a v6 instead, whatever the reason is. But what I don't get is someone buying a sixer to just put in another 5-20k into by putting a turbo, exhaust...ect..

To me that just sounds stupid, it's still a v6 vin number. Reason I bring this up is because there was a teen cruising around here, that bought a new 12' sixer but then "invested" (his words not mine) tons of cash in it. Then was gonna sell it soon. Doesn't make sense
Well I got a 01 v6 for dirt cheap and I have put some money into it. I just want a fast sixxer and its also my first car so imma keep it it got sentimental value XD
AKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:00 PM   #1009
Registered Member
Regular

So I was visiting my sister earlier this week and my nephews sperm donor (hate that sob!) came to pick up my nephew. Saw my car and asked if it was a real gt. I said yup, 03. His exact words, "so it's got a supercharged 5.5l in the back?". Took me awhile to comprehend wth he was saying. He didnt know that mustangs came with v8s, didn't know there is such thing as a mustang gt, didn't know that in the GT it was a 5.4 not a 5.5. He thought i was lying to him and ended up saying im doing a ****ty job trying to make a mustang into a GT. I left it at that and bent down to tell my nephew bye and give him a hug, also mentioned to my sister and her ex that i don't want Landyn (nephew) to learn a damn thing from him.

Mind y'all this is one of those *knows everything about everything and never wrong* type of guys that this worthless town seems to be filled with. I feel bad for my nephew. Smh
White03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:03 PM   #1010
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by White03GT View Post
So I was visiting my sister earlier this week and my nephews sperm donor (hate that sob!) came to pick up my nephew. Saw my car and asked if it was a real gt. I said yup, 03. His exact words, "so it's got a supercharged 5.5l in the back?". Took me awhile to comprehend wth he was saying. He didnt know that mustangs came with v8s, didn't know there is such thing as a mustang gt, didn't know that in the GT it was a 5.4 not a 5.5. He thought i was lying to him and ended up saying im doing a ****ty job trying to make a mustang into a GT. I left it at that and bent down to tell my nephew bye and give him a hug, also mentioned to my sister and her ex that i don't want Landyn (nephew) to learn a damn thing from him.

Mind y'all this is one of those *knows everything about everything and never wrong* type of guys that this worthless town seems to be filled with. I feel bad for my nephew. Smh
I would have just stood there with this blank look on my face completely speechless lol.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:04 PM   #1011
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by White03GT View Post

It does suck to know that they have to grow up with a "father" like that. I hate POS parents like that.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:07 PM   #1012
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
I would have just stood there with this blank look on my face completely speechless lol.
Lol I love proving him wrong so that wasn't an option!

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post

It does suck to know that they have to grow up with a "father" like that. I hate POS parents like that.
Oh man you've no idea. Im going to kill him if he screws up one more time, no joke.
White03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:41 PM   #1013
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I will tell you like a wise man told me once...."It is better to keep quite and have everyone think you are stupid, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Don't get offended, you question was legit, just in the wrong thread.
BIGHOSS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:50 PM   #1014
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

+1
Here is mine, it is a 6.7 inline 6 with some tuning, injectors, head studs, FASS fuel system, twin CP3's and inter cooler plus all the plumbing, Full deletes, 5'' Turbo back exhaust, 6'' AFE air intake...Dynoed at 684BHP & 936FTLB's at 28PSI boost. Stock it was 350/650...

BIGHOSS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:17 PM   #1015
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGHOSS5.0 View Post

+1
Here is mine, it is a 6.7 inline 6 with some tuning, injectors, head studs, FASS fuel system, twin CP3's and inter cooler plus all the plumbing, Full deletes, 5'' Turbo back exhaust, 6'' AFE air intake...Dynoed at 684BHP & 936FTLB's at 28PSI boost. Stock it was 350/650...

Truck Pr0n!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion