Whats the stupidest thing someone said about your car? - Page 31 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-02-2013, 08:24 PM   #1051
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post

I'd love to have one
Me too... Up until one of those specialty parts breaks.
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2013, 08:37 PM   #1052
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean5.0 View Post

That's the ugliest thing I've ever seen
I would kill for one. I mean.... An RHD Cobra of which only 200 were made. Only Cobra made in 02.... Imagine how much money it's worth. Sure the 6 eyes are pretty ugly but it's a future piece of art. Just like when an artist dies, their art will be worth 10x more. Hahah

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF View Post

Me too... Up until one of those specialty parts breaks.
Duct tape
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:24 PM   #1053
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam62893 View Post

I would kill for one. I mean.... An RHD Cobra of which only 200 were made. Only Cobra made in 02.... Imagine how much money it's worth. Sure the 6 eyes are pretty ugly but it's a future piece of art. Just like when an artist dies, their art will be worth 10x more. Hahah

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

Duct tape
And zip ties haha
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2013, 11:18 PM   #1054
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by travisb.young66 View Post

And zip ties haha
And super glue
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 12:02 AM   #1055
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

And super glue
And a crescent wrench! You can fix anything now!
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 12:06 AM   #1056
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by travisb.young66 View Post

And a crescent wrench! You can fix anything now!
You all forgot the most important thing!

Ice cold beer.
1shotkllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 12:16 AM   #1057
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Dumbet thing someone told me is dude nice car is that the one with the vtec.... I was like no my car disnt have vtec hes like ohh roggtt i forgot thats only for race cars... He walks awy n im like wow
Cold Air Intake
K&N Air Filter
Front sway bar Bushings
andregayola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 10:57 AM   #1058
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by andregayola View Post
Dumbet thing someone told me is dude nice car is that the one with the vtec.... I was like no my car disnt have vtec hes like ohh roggtt i forgot thats only for race cars... He walks awy n im like wow
Wtf was that smoking?
93mstnglx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 12:43 PM   #1059
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean5.0 View Post

That's the ugliest thing I've ever seen
Made me lol and people were looking like WTF?

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

Bumper swap. Lol.
351stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 12:49 PM   #1060
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
Can we see a price of that 02?
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:48 PM   #1061

Region: Pennsylvania
Dumbest thing anyone said about my car... was in the store and my '13 gotta have it green convertible was sitting out front. The cashier was looking out the window when I walked up to pay. She says "loom at that car. Who would buy something that ugly?". I just said I would as I walked out.
lexynjoesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:58 PM   #1062
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexynjoesmom View Post
Dumbest thing anyone said about my car... was in the store and my '13 gotta have it green convertible was sitting out front. The cashier was looking out the window when I walked up to pay. She says "loom at that car. Who would buy something that ugly?". I just said I would as I walked out.
Lol I would said it right then and made her feel like an idiot
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:03 PM   #1063
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post

Lol I would said it right then and made her feel like an idiot
I woulda walked out, got in, and revved it at her
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:10 PM   #1064
Lord NoMoney
Staff

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexynjoesmom View Post
She must've hit her head pretty hard on something
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:38 AM   #1065
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
I have to say, I could live without Gotta Have It Green. Green, in my opinion should stay on frogs lol.
shsfresh87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:02 AM   #1066
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by shsfresh87 View Post
I have to say, I could live without Gotta Have It Green. Green, in my opinion should stay on frogs lol.
I remember the salesman at the dealership offered me a GHIG Mustang.. and I told him I don't like the color.. and he tried to make a funny and say "So you DON'T Gotta Have It Green"..? I was like "umm no..."

Then my tia/financial adviser tried to troll the crap out of them and says to the salesman"He wanted a Camaro(talking about me) but then he said well I'm an American boy so I'm going to go Mustang".. Salesman says "Have you even driven a Camaro?" I was like "Dude she was just kidding" So embarassing...
Gordito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:43 AM   #1067
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordito View Post
I remember the salesman at the dealership offered me a GHIG Mustang.. and I told him I don't like the color.. and he tried to make a funny and say "So you DON'T Gotta Have It Green"..? I was like "umm no..."

Then my tia/financial adviser tried to troll the crap out of them and says to the salesman"He wanted a Camaro(talking about me) but then he said well I'm an American boy so I'm going to go Mustang".. Salesman says "Have you even driven a Camaro?" I was like "Dude she was just kidding" So embarassing...
I hate When salesman's do that... Huge face palm moment.. It's funny when their cracking up laughing at their own joke and we kinda smirk and that's all she wrote.
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:20 PM   #1068
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
I hate when they show you cars you have zero interest in. B4 I bought my Ranger, I went to a dealership and asked what kind of extended and crew cab trucks they had in my price range. What's the first thing he shows me? A SMART CAR. Seriously? Im 6ft 280lbs. My shoe is bigger than the car.
shsfresh87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:21 PM   #1069
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_james123 View Post

I hate When salesman's do that... Huge face palm moment.. It's funny when their cracking up laughing at their own joke and we kinda smirk and that's all she wrote.
LOL! This is what I love to do to salesmen because I'm in sales myself....

So before I bought my 13' stang I of course test drove the camaro v6 and challenger. (dismissed the challenger immediately because no MT was offered, but I digress.

I went to my local ford dealer and when the first salesmen to walk up to me I told him I was interested in the mustang and camaro... he of course replies, "have you ever driven one?!"

my response was "yes, I'm 25 of course I test drove everything fast that they would let me..."

then I told him, "if you're truly a good salesmen you could sell me anything... So tell me... why should I buy the camaro instead the mustang..."

NO ONE COULD GIVE ME REASON because they didn't know anything about there competition... sad... lol

so I beat em' up and bought it for $200 over invoice AFTER tax and licensing. haha
RocknCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:27 PM   #1070
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
My dad almost bought a '10 SS and a 12 v6 mustang from the same dealership
They wanted 23k for the v6
It was a demo car, with 5k miles. They wanted to sell it as new, it had the appearance package spoiler and side stripe
We found my car (brand new '12 v6) for 20k (before tax and stuff) showed it to the dealer, and the salesman said, ours is better, it has the 401A package. My dad asked what it is, e couldn't answer
Needless to say we didn't buy either of those cars :p
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:36 PM   #1071
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Those dealer demos are a joke, I went into another dealer like a month after I bought mine, because my old man wanted a stang like mine after he saw mine. So went in, and dealer demo, had 5500miles on it. It took every ounce of me to try not to reach across that table and ring the young cocky punk by the neck..lol. He said oh it's only like $500 discount. And it was the managers dd for awhile. He lived 5 miles from work. Yea this reminds me of "should I buy 13 rental stang" thread. Great thread btw.
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 05:09 PM   #1072
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_james123 View Post
Those dealer demos are a joke, I went into another dealer like a month after I bought mine, because my old man wanted a stang like mine after he saw mine. So went in, and dealer demo, had 5500miles on it. It took every ounce of me to try not to reach across that table and ring the young cocky punk by the neck..lol. He said oh it's only like $500 discount. And it was the managers dd for awhile. He lived 5 miles from work. Yea this reminds me of "should I buy 13 rental stang" thread. Great thread btw.
Lmao
Old 08-04-2013, 05:44 PM   #1073
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
"My 96' wrangler would smoke your piece of crap ford"

... Ya
Calandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:29 PM   #1074
Registered Member
Regular

Guy at college who drives a 96 v6 with cobra emblems on it came up to mine and said is that a real cobra? Lol ignoring the cobra for thumper the amber tail lights the snakes on both sides and the svtcobra emblem on back... I laughed and said I'm guessing urs ain't? Probably the biggest letdown of all 99 cobras is they didnt come with Cobra rear bumper :/ I guess my tore up bumper is a good enough excuse for one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4072826629.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	759.1 KB
ID:	122034  
FortyBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:13 PM   #1075
Staff
Regular
Staff

94/95 Cobras came with bumpers than just said "Mustang" as well. I got asked "hey is that a real one?" ALL THE TIME. One reason I refuse to Fobra out a GT.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:20 PM   #1076
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
94/95 Cobras came with bumpers than just said "Mustang" as well. I got asked "hey is that a real one?" ALL THE TIME. One reason I refuse to Fobra out a GT.
Lol. Hopefully you didn't have snakes on yours.
FortyBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:28 PM   #1077
Registered Member
Regular

So I was out today (at the track) with some friends with Mustangs/Cobra's. Naturally that one friend has "that buddy" with a Camaro ...Anyway, I heard "Mustangs are slow" so I was like "whats a word to find out?", while I pulled out a wad of cash. I got called out buy an 82 Accord with no hood, the original Acura NSX (When I say original, I mean so old it is the first one) a Tundra and a Brand new STI. They all called me out at the same time, and I said get in line who wants to go first, they all started there "I want 2 cars and the brake" all that BS. I was like you called me out and now all of the sudden you need give me's? I told them that Mustangs are slow so you should not need all that...NO ONE wanted to race, not even the STI...STI was the only one that had a chance.

So guy's once again, Mustangs are slow...
BIGHOSS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:35 PM   #1078
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGHOSS5.0 View Post
So I was out today (at the track) with some friends with Mustangs/Cobra's. Naturally that one friend has "that buddy" with a Camaro ...Anyway, I heard "Mustangs are slow" so I was like "whats a word to find out?", while I pulled out a wad of cash. I got called out buy an 82 Accord with no hood, the original Acura NSX (When I say original, I mean so old it is the first one) a Tundra and a Brand new STI. They all called me out at the same time, and I said get in line who wants to go first, they all started there "I want 2 cars and the brake" all that BS. I was like you called me out and now all of the sudden you need give me's? I told them that Mustangs are slow so you should not need all that...NO ONE wanted to race, not even the STI...STI was the only one that had a chance.

So guy's once again, Mustangs are slow...
Lmao cool story bro
Old 08-04-2013, 08:55 PM   #1079
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shsfresh87 View Post
I hate when they show you cars you have zero interest in. B4 I bought my Ranger, I went to a dealership and asked what kind of extended and crew cab trucks they had in my price range. What's the first thing he shows me? A SMART CAR. Seriously? Im 6ft 280lbs. My shoe is bigger than the car.
Bahahaha my gf and i were actually talking about this today! That happened to her also
Vicello93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:59 PM   #1080
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicello93 View Post
Bahahaha my gf and i were actually talking about this today! That happened to her also
No doubt! I took my wife to the VW dealer to look at a used BMW X5 and they trided to show me some turd VW car...I was like wrong German Car, I wanted to look at the BMW...
Old 08-05-2013, 10:01 AM   #1081
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
When you talk about a really good car that is American-made and that one guy that says it was British/ Italian/ German made.
Stanglover1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:02 AM   #1082
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post
Lmao cool story bro
This one time at band camp...

And as for his story, if anyone calls your bet and then asks for a handicap they deserve a backhanded ***** slap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicello93 View Post
When I was looking at Expys I had my eye on a 2003 2V $12k one with 70k miles and they kept trying to get me to buy a newer 05 or 06 for like $19k with the same miles. "It has the 3V, that's much better than the 2V" etc... etc... on and on. When I started listing out the legit reasons I don't want the 3V the guy just seemed confused. They honestly don't expect people to know more about the car than they do (or seem like they do).

Quote:
No doubt! I took my wife to the VW dealer to look at a used BMW X5 and they trided to show me some turd VW car...I was like wrong German Car, I wanted to look at the BMW...
I honestly don't blame the salesmen for this crap, they are just trying to make as much commission as possible and 90% of people going into the dealership are stupid enough to not do any research on what they are buying or know anything about vehicles whatsoever. So if the general public wants to continue to be a bunch of retards then more power to them because I can get a better deal. In your situation I'd say the guy was just using a tactic that had been successful before. "Get this brand NEW car for the price of that USED one and get a warranty blah blah blah". For the average idiot who can't even change their own oil or put air in their tires this might sound much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanglover1966 View Post
When you talk about a really good car that is American-made and that one guy that says it was British/ Italian/ German made.
Back in the 80s/90s there were honestly very few American made cars that didn't suck. I mean come on you see old mid-late 90s accords and Camrys on the road all the time, at least I do around here. How many mid-late 90s Tauruses (Taurii?), Malibus and Intrepids do you see? Answer is very few or none. Hell even the massive amount of 90s Chysler **** minivans are almost all in the JYs now and you couldn't go 2 feet without seeing a Voyager/Caravan in 1995. And honestly I feel only Ford has gotten itself to the level of Honda/Toyota as far as DD passenger cars go. So the idea that the only good cars are imports is still kinda prevelant...

/dissertation
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:54 AM   #1083
Registered Member
Regular

"Uhhh uhhh no offense but anyone who drives a mustang is a pu***" says the ex 240 driver who now doesn't drive anything because his 2nd sr motor messed up (ordering a 3rd) that guy gives me a good laugh everytime I see him
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:31 PM   #1084
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post
"Uhhh uhhh no offense but anyone who drives a mustang is a pu***" says the ex 240 driver who now doesn't drive anything because his 2nd sr motor messed up (ordering a 3rd) that guy gives me a good laugh everytime I see him
Haha, there was a guy at the drift spot here with Old Glory flying on the back of his 240z...LOL I could not help it...I had to yell out "Merica, Fu_K YEAH!" LOL!
Old 08-05-2013, 12:41 PM   #1085
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Haha, there was a guy at the drift spot here with Old Glory flying on the back of his 240z...LOL I could not help it...I had to yell out "Merica, Fu_K YEAH!" LOL!
Lol on a 240? Good for him
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion