Whats the stupidest thing someone said about your car? - Page 33 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-11-2013, 12:26 PM   #1121
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post

Ya same here. Mines rarely out of the garage. 2 years and it has 2363 miles as of this morning,...took it for a stroll to breakfast with the wife. I tow it to the track and do 2-3 passes but rarely drive it on the street.
Man with priorities I like haha
sean5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2013, 01:19 PM   #1122
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
As long as your enjoying your toy

So off the topic. But I saw a new srt8 charger at the stop light and I was hoping to hear a deep sound, it took off and I couldn't even hear it.
Praise The Lord he gave ford the brains to build a car that we love to hear and can hear from stock pipes.
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 01:29 PM   #1123
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_james123 View Post

So off the topic. But I saw a new srt8 charger at the stop light and I was hoping to hear a deep sound, it took off and I couldn't even hear it.
Praise The Lord he gave ford the brains to build a car that we love to hear and can hear from stock pipes.
Lol
sean5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2013, 07:25 PM   #1124
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:

I've had mutiple 300C/Charger RT/SRT8s try to race my little PI 2V and it always ends badly for them. They may have power on paper but dear god they can NOT get out of the hole... Not to say I'll never come across a worked one that'll blow my doors off but for the most part the ppl who will spend the money on a go fast car will not be getting a Dodge...
2000 Mustang GT Steeda build #48. Bolt ons, suspension, Novi 2000.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:18 PM   #1125
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post

I've had mutiple 300C/Charger RT/SRT8s try to race my little PI 2V and it always ends badly for them. They may have power on paper but dear god they can NOT get out of the hole... Not to say I'll never come across a worked one that'll blow my doors off but for the most part the ppl who will spend the money on a go fast car will not be getting a Dodge...
Yea I had 09 rt challenger, and then got the 5.0.
I walked out to the garage and was anticipating to hear a deep sound once started the challenger up. I grew a custom After I drove my stang for a year to hear that nice rumble. Well I was let down.
Your right they have power on paper. But that chassis I think killed them. And they can't handle turns. The Movie Bullet still is true, stangs can handle turns and dodge can't. IMO they look great. They really brought back the retro look, that b5 blue with classic package, stripe down side. But that heavy body was a mistake, I'm gonna assume they put it on same body to save some money, so they only produce one frame instead of 3 different ones.. Maybe that's wrong, but somewhat logical.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:51 PM   #1126
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
I went to test drive a R/T avenger (fun car btw, js) and a R/T Challenger was in the way. The salesman moved it so I was excited to hear it roar. Let me tell ya, I was saddened. I swear a V6 Mustang sounds louder. Heck my moms Corolla sounded louder and it's stock.
shsfresh87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:26 PM   #1127
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shsfresh87 View Post
I went to test drive a R/T avenger (fun car btw, js) and a R/T Challenger was in the way. The salesman moved it so I was excited to hear it roar. Let me tell ya, I was saddened. I swear a V6 Mustang sounds louder. Heck my moms Corolla sounded louder and it's stock.
+1000
Old 08-12-2013, 02:29 AM   #1128
Staff
Regular
Staff

Eh, exhaust is the easiest thing to fix. I will say I think the Challenger is the best looking of all the retro designs. I'm sure with the right gearing/suspension work and a fat stall converter those things can really be woken up but in stock form... ugh... no...

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 08-12-2013, 04:48 AM   #1129
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
My "cam only" LS1 Camaro is faster than your mustang...... I then pointed out that a fully gutted head, cammed, fast LS intake, full exhaust with bigs & littles is by no means a "cam only" LS1. I find it funny that around me there is atleast 100 "cam only" catfish that run 10's
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:44 AM   #1130
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Eh, exhaust is the easiest thing to fix. I will say I think the Challenger is the best looking of all the retro designs. I'm sure with the right gearing/suspension work and a fat stall converter those things can really be woken up but in stock form... ugh... no...
This is sooooo true, my cousin has a srt8 challenger and we was doing a 60 roll and we was neck to neck for a while till his top end kicked in. That was the only advantage he had and its sad but true. Them thangs are heavy as ****
theweekday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 01:24 PM   #1131
Registered Member
Regular

How do the new 5.0s stand up to the 6.4 chargers.
I haven't looked at them before.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:25 PM   #1132
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
How do the new 5.0s stand up to the 6.4 chargers.
I haven't looked at them before.
I would think the 5.0 would smack them. My 3.7 gave them a run for there money
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 01:49 PM   #1133
Staff
Regular
Staff

5.0 will assrape a SRT8 with no lube and a spiked war dildo... its that bad of a matchup for the Dodge...

Old 08-12-2013, 01:54 PM   #1134
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
5.0 will assrape a SRT8 with no lube and a spiked war dildo... its that bad of a matchup for the Dodge...
That's what I was thinking but I wasn't 100%. Thanks for clearing that up Scotty
Old 08-12-2013, 02:06 PM   #1135
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post

That's what I was thinking but I wasn't 100%. Thanks for clearing that up Scotty
Yea so descriptive..lol

They still suck that bad, even with the new 6.4 or whatever they have in them now..!?!

Okay well I just saw one cruising down the road,
Just reminded me of the scene in "top gun" where goose and maverick were keeping up relations by giving the bird, to the other pilot.. Always cracks me up
Old 08-14-2013, 07:17 AM   #1136
Registered Member
Regular

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2762378637.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	331.8 KB
ID:	123739

They fell off their rocker!!
Old 08-14-2013, 07:26 AM   #1137
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by theweekday View Post

This is sooooo true, my cousin has a srt8 challenger and we was doing a 60 roll and we was neck to neck for a while till his top end kicked in. That was the only advantage he had and its sad but true. Them thangs are heavy as ****
Tell your cousin to line up with me...LOL
BIGHOSS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:09 AM   #1138
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:

Wow... they must be dreamin, we know what reality is
Sbales88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:39 PM   #1139
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGHOSS5.0 View Post

Tell your cousin to line up with me...LOL
Lol if you beat him he'll say
"you won't beat my Ls-F"
Old 08-14-2013, 04:48 PM   #1140
Registered Member
Regular

IS-F*
Old 08-14-2013, 06:24 PM   #1141
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You can put my boss in front of both of those cars and send it back to them :p
Old 08-14-2013, 07:32 PM   #1142
Staff
Regular
Staff

Its really funny how in the late 90s the F Body crowd started to get nervous about their superiority slowly going away and then dead silence in 2002 when their **** was discontinued and the monster known as the Terminator was handing them all their asses (including the C5 crowd) with little to no work from the factory. Their day in the sun ended in 2002 and its never coming back and there is much butthurtedness to be found in Bowtie land.

Hell all I have to do to quickly shut up a Crapmaro/Chevy fanboy is mention the bailout. You know, the one that Ford didn't take...

Old 08-14-2013, 07:36 PM   #1143
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Its really funny how in the late 90s the F Body crowd started to get nervous about their superiority slowly going away and then dead silence in 2002 when their **** was discontinued and the monster known as the Terminator was handing them all their asses (including the C5 crowd) with little to no work from the factory. Their day in the sun ended in 2002 and its never coming back and there is much butthurtedness to be found in Bowtie land.

Hell all I have to do to quickly shut up a Crapmaro/Chevy fanboy is mention the bailout. You know, the one that Ford didn't take...
+1
Old 08-14-2013, 07:49 PM   #1144
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
"Hey! Sorry to bother you but NICE car! Is that a V6?" ... At the time I didn't laugh, I lectured the guy. Now I laugh my butt off thinking about it.
SirWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:50 PM   #1145
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirWood View Post
"Hey! Sorry to bother you but NICE car! Is that a V6?" ... At the time I didn't laugh, I lectured the guy. Now I laugh my butt off thinking about it.
The gt500's are twin turbo v6's arent they?
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:54 PM   #1146
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post

The gt500's are twin turbo v6's arent they?
Lmao! Yep and my normally aspirated 2.3 mustang will beat it!!! NOT!!! JK :lol!
93mstnglx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:59 PM   #1147
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by theweekday View Post
Lol if you beat him he'll say
"you won't beat my Ls-F"
LOL, then I will say...go get your LF-S what ever...LOL
BIGHOSS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:39 PM   #1148
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol i see these arguments ALL the time! (I watch alot of YouTube just to watch fanboys go at one anothers throat). There are remedial twats on both sides though, sadly

One guy even was saying he was a master tech at some ford dealership in L.A and was talking soooo much trash about the new GT500, even said it has leaf springs lol haha
White03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:30 PM   #1149
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by White03GT View Post

Lol i see these arguments ALL the time! (I watch alot of YouTube just to watch fanboys go at one anothers throat). There are remedial twats on both sides though, sadly

One guy even was saying he was a master tech at some ford dealership in L.A and was talking soooo much trash about the new GT500, even said it has leaf springs lol haha
I had some guys argue with me that all mustangs had rear leaf springs. I had my 66 that day and it did have leaf springs so I couldn't back myself up. I shut them up the next day when I brought my 01 and told them to look behind my rear wheels. Then they went on to say that the GT500's come stock with leaf springs..... A stroke of luck came my way and sure enough the next week a GT500 came through our body shop class and I shut them up real good
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:13 AM   #1150
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam62893 View Post

I had some guys argue with me that all mustangs had rear leaf springs. I had my 66 that day and it did have leaf springs so I couldn't back myself up. I shut them up the next day when I brought my 01 and told them to look behind my rear wheels. Then they went on to say that the GT500's come stock with leaf springs..... A stroke of luck came my way and sure enough the next week a GT500 came through our body shop class and I shut them up real good
No all mustangs came with rear leaf it was just an option
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 05:59 AM   #1151
Registered Member
Regular

On way to work other night stopped in gas station. Clerk said guy was stranded there asked if I could give him a ride...hesitent um ok. On way not giving tons of gas by any means but I guess small bit more than casual driving. He asks do you like to drive or are you in a hurry lol. Little of both I said. Then he said what is this a mustang. Yep looks bad just concentrated on mechanicals. Said sounds good though. Everyone has told me to get rid of from day 1 but I wont do it. Yet contradictory, spell right?, everyone has also told me sounds good
90fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:54 AM   #1152
Staff
Regular
Staff

Picking up some dude you don't know at a gas station randomly at night... You are braver man than I...

Old 08-15-2013, 07:24 AM   #1153
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Picking up some dude you don't know at a gas station randomly at night... You are braver man than I...
^ Amen to that sh1t lol
Old 08-15-2013, 07:38 AM   #1154
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That why I keep this button handy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1110557513.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	123894  
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:41 AM   #1155
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam62893 View Post

That why I keep this button handy
Ejecto Seato

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion