Whats the stupidest thing someone said about your car? - Page 36 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-17-2013, 07:49 AM   #1226
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmiller View Post

That's what I was thinking .. Maybe she wants to be the first
Lol well that's good then. She won't be in no hard core stuff like that

---------- Post added at 08:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post

If she wants to even be considered for a special forces type job she had better be able to out lift, out swim, out run and out fight everyone she knows by a LOT just as a start, even before going to boot camp/basic training.

If she's joining because she wants to kill terrorists (Murica!) she should go to college, get ROTC to pay for it and then become a fighter/bomber/chopper pilot.
Well she did a full 4 years of JROTC in HS but her main thing is to go to college. Funny/creepy part about it is that every once n a while she keep bringing up guns and if she do go to battle "that she'll be the coldest sniper bucking off heads" -__- she's weird at time and she says these thing with no smile
theweekday is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2013, 08:25 AM   #1227
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by theweekday View Post

---------- Post added at 08:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 AM ----------

Well she did a full 4 years of JROTC in HS but her main thing is to go to college. Funny/creepy part about it is that every once n a while she keep bringing up guns and if she do go to battle "that she'll be the coldest sniper bucking off heads" -__- she's weird at time and she says these thing with no smile
"MURICA"!
RocknCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2013, 01:09 PM   #1228
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
Quote:

Umm if she does learn those skills ... You don't need to piss her off lol hahahaha
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2013, 01:49 PM   #1229
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:

I will say right now from over a decade of personal experience that it is HARD to get your degree knocked out in a 4 or even 6 year tour. Yes there are online classes, problem is there are a LOT of degree mills out there and scheduling can be a ***** and in the Navy you are gone 6 months out of the year. Also, while you are in upgrade training, which is generally until your 1.5 year mark you are not ALLOWED to take classes.

If college is her main thing and she's done 4 years of JROTC, you should drag her down to the local college ROTC Detachments and have her talk to them. Again, I recommend USAF for multiple reasons but you can hit them all.

You also do not have to go to the main school that the ROTC is located at to be in the program. Its called a crosstown agreement which means (example) if I was going to Rutgers University in NJ I could take classes for cheap at a local Community College and just pay out of pocket for 2 years and then do the next 2 years at the main school or even another 4 year school that has a Crosstown agreement. There are also multiple scholarships available that you can earn while in ROTC. If she is a solid performer and keeps her grades in the high 3s or 4.0 she is probably going to get at least $4k a year for school if not more. A class 2 is $15k per year and a class 1 is full ride.

If you want anymore info get in touch via PM. I worked with ROTC for awhile and I'm 11 years in the military on the enlisted side. I will say from working/flying with officers quite often that they get better everything than we do... I'd look at commissioning again if I was younger and didn't want to stay in NJ around both our families for the rest of my career till I retire in 8 years. FWIW, I did not get my degree till well into my 2nd enlistment and that was only because I got hurt and flew a desk for a year and was able to work a normal 8-4, M-F shift with no threat of deployment/TDY.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda build #48. Bolt ons, suspension, Novi 2000.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 02:25 PM   #1230
Registered Member
Regular

Ahhhh... The almighty chair force!

Where UAV's and unmanned aircraft are starting to replace the actual MEN in that branch of service.

( I'm talking about the officer community )

USMC baby.

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

But the stupidest thing I've heard was that mustangs are the poor mans 350z...

I couldn't stop laughing.

I chug syrup for money...
wc3john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 02:59 PM   #1231
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc3john View Post
Ahhhh... The almighty chair force!

Where UAV's and unmanned aircraft are starting to replace the actual MEN in that branch of service.

( I'm talking about the officer community )

USMC baby.

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

But the stupidest thing I've heard was that mustangs are the poor mans 350z...

I couldn't stop laughing.
I didn't know you got a chair in the air force. Ive been working on aircraft for the past 11 years and no one has offered me a chair. When do I get a damn chair? I want my damn chair! Lol I would have joined the marines but two things happened. First the marine recruiter gave me the wrong directions to his office(he sits in a chair) and second, the Air Force recruiter gave me the correct directions. Funny thing is, the marine recruiter was next door to the AF one. Lol
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 03:12 PM   #1232
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post

I didn't know you got a chair in the air force. Ive been working on aircraft for the past 11 years and no one has offered me a chair. When do I get a damn chair? I want my damn chair! Lol I would have joined the marines but two things happened. First the marine recruiter gave me the wrong directions to his office(he sits in a chair) and second, the Air Force recruiter gave me the correct directions. Funny thing is, the marine recruiter was next door to the AF one. Lol
Oh I meant no disrespect for the enlisted side. Air Force aviation maintenance crews are DAMN good airmen. I was specifically talking about the officer community and where the air combat scene is going... The new "pilots" sit in a chair and fly an UAV...

*facepalm

Old 08-17-2013, 03:16 PM   #1233
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Oh I meant no disrespect for the enlisted side. Air Force aviation maintenance crews are DAMN good airmen. I was specifically talking about the officer community and where the air combat scene is going... The new "pilots" sit in a chair and fly an UAV...

*facepalm
I didn't take it as an insult. I was laughing cuz it's true. Lol
Old 08-17-2013, 03:28 PM   #1234
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post

I didn't take it as an insult. I was laughing cuz it's true. Lol
Ah ok lol. Can never be too careful... I've pissed off plenty of staff NCO's to know better

Old 08-17-2013, 08:53 PM   #1235
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:

You could introduce me to her
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:00 PM   #1236
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:

*facepalm
They can get air combat medals for their UAV getting shot at too... sitting in Nevada...

Oh and they get flight pay as well...

Your tax dollars at work.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:02 PM   #1237
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

They can get air combat medals for their UAV getting shot at too... sitting in Nevada...

Wow...

---------- Post added at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

Medal for playing Acecombat basically
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:33 AM   #1238
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I will say right now from over a decade of personal experience that it is HARD to get your degree knocked out in a 4 or even 6 year tour. Yes there are online classes, problem is there are a LOT of degree mills out there and scheduling can be a ***** and in the Navy you are gone 6 months out of the year. Also, while you are in upgrade training, which is generally until your 1.5 year mark you are not ALLOWED to take classes.

If college is her main thing and she's done 4 years of JROTC, you should drag her down to the local college ROTC Detachments and have her talk to them. Again, I recommend USAF for multiple reasons but you can hit them all.

You also do not have to go to the main school that the ROTC is located at to be in the program. Its called a crosstown agreement which means (example) if I was going to Rutgers University in NJ I could take classes for cheap at a local Community College and just pay out of pocket for 2 years and then do the next 2 years at the main school or even another 4 year school that has a Crosstown agreement. There are also multiple scholarships available that you can earn while in ROTC. If she is a solid performer and keeps her grades in the high 3s or 4.0 she is probably going to get at least $4k a year for school if not more. A class 2 is $15k per year and a class 1 is full ride.

If you want anymore info get in touch via PM. I worked with ROTC for awhile and I'm 11 years in the military on the enlisted side. I will say from working/flying with officers quite often that they get better everything than we do... I'd look at commissioning again if I was younger and didn't want to stay in NJ around both our families for the rest of my career till I retire in 8 years. FWIW, I did not get my degree till well into my 2nd enlistment and that was only because I got hurt and flew a desk for a year and was able to work a normal 8-4, M-F shift with no threat of deployment/TDY.
Damn I didn't know it was that much to it. Ima hit you up in a pm
Old 08-18-2013, 02:41 AM   #1239
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmiller View Post

Umm if she does learn those skills ... You don't need to piss her off lol hahahaha
Lol and my reactions be like
Attached Images

Old 08-18-2013, 05:33 AM   #1240
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Damn I didn't know it was that much to it. Ima hit you up in a pm
Yeah there is so much more to it and don't believe anything a recruiter tells you. I mean quotas are low now because they are trying to downsize the military but still... I got lied to, lots of ppl did and if you are 18 yrs old and don't know any better and your parent has no experience with the military... yeah...

Old 08-18-2013, 08:08 AM   #1241
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
Pulled in to get gas, headed to the cruise. Guy says, "that's a beautiful mustang" I said thank u. He said, "does it have the Roush engine in it?"

WTH. U r staring at the rear of my car where it says SHELBY.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:09 AM   #1242
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit View Post
Pulled in to get gas, headed to the cruise. Guy says, "that's a beautiful mustang" I said thank u. He said, "does it have the Roush engine in it?"

WTH. U r staring at the rear of my car where it says SHELBY.
It definitely has the roush engine
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:13 AM   #1243
Staff
Regular
Staff

That's when you point to the SHELBY and say "no its a Shelby". That's a good way to make him feel like an idiot but not make you look like an ***.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:13 AM   #1244
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

Other day at the local car meet at night, I was parked with 2 other NE GTs, 2 Termis, a 5.0, a really clean fox, a 66 Stang and an older SN. Someone rolled by in a POS riced Honda and the passenger was hanging out the window and said "Mustangs are sh*t!"

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:28 AM   #1245
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ya it irritates me they get flight pay. However, if I get medals for working on f-16s why don't they deserve a medal for flying a UAV and dropping bombs supporting ground troops? Come on man, have some appreciation. Not every job in the military is a soldier.

Damn right tax dollars at work. Don't forget, military pays taxes same as civilians.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:59 AM   #1246
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Other day at the local car meet at night, I was parked with 2 other NE GTs, 2 Termis, a 5.0, a really clean fox, a 66 Stang and an older SN. Someone rolled by in a POS riced Honda and the passenger was hanging out the window and said "Mustangs are sh*t!"
That's when I chase them down
Old 08-18-2013, 12:02 PM   #1247
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post

Not even worth the waste of gas, just a great knee slapping laugh all around
McNassty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:08 PM   #1248
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNassty View Post

Not even worth the waste of gas, just a great knee slapping laugh all around
I had some idiot in a Honda fit do that.
It was midnight and I had nothing better to do
Followed him. Waited until there were no streetlight, then headlights off :p
Scares the s**t out of them :p
Old 08-18-2013, 12:17 PM   #1249
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol!!!
McNassty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:25 PM   #1250
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:

I always like it when someone does something stupid and I'm going to the same place as them. Scares the (number 2) out of them. Seems to happen a lot to me.
9tee7pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:33 PM   #1251
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tee7pony View Post
I always like it when someone does something stupid and I'm going to the same place as them. Scares the (number 2) out of them. Seems to happen a lot to me.
Its even more fun if you are in the military and they follow YOU. Me and a buddy got cut off to the point of almost getting wrecked on the highway coming out of Philly by a bunch of Bros in some sedan so of course we both throw our hands out the window and tell them they are #1. Well we were about an hour from the base and they started following us. So we just kept on going and watched them in the rearview pointing at us and making throat cutting gestures /fist to palm etc...

The looks on their faces when they followed us off the base exit and finally figured out what was up was goddamn priceless.

Old 08-18-2013, 06:36 PM   #1252
Registered Member
Regular

Tried posting my car on Facebook.. I had 100 comments before the night was over lol... The stupidest thing one person said was "nice gt but not cobra...
FortyBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:38 PM   #1253
Staff
Regular
Staff

The whole "is that a real Cobra" annoys me to no end. If you don't know then the dude can say whatever he/she wants so why even ask? One reason I refuse to Fobra out my car nor will I if I wind up keeping it.

Old 08-18-2013, 06:44 PM   #1254
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah try having an actual cobra and having retards ask if its supercharged or why don't rear bumper say cobra or why is hood different. I had to have people explain it to them that its a cobra.
FortyBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:49 PM   #1255
Staff
Regular
Staff

I never bothered explaining it after a few months. If someone got argumentative I would just be like "yeah buddy you obviously know more about my car than I do" and just drive off. Ppl are tools.

Old 08-18-2013, 07:04 PM   #1256
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

Quote:

He didn't even leave. He drove another 40 feet and parked it lol. Me and the other mustang guys just thought "whatever"

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:10 PM   #1257
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

He didn't even leave. He drove another 40 feet and parked it lol. Me and the other mustang guys just thought "whatever"
True
His bro probably has a civic that runs 7s
On street tires & pump gas
Old 08-18-2013, 08:40 PM   #1258
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
It looked like a turbo scion. I know a scion forsure, he has so many gauges on inside, make me confused. But he floored it and then I step on my pedal some. Pass him and do the Jordan shrug. Priceless moment. He got off highway, with tail in between the legs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3918029003.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	124599  
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:22 PM   #1259
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_james123 View Post
It looked like a turbo scion. I know a scion forsure, he has so many gauges on inside, make me confused. But he floored it and then I step on my pedal some. Pass him and do the Jordan shrug. Priceless moment. He got off highway, with tail in between the legs.
I need to do that more often :p
Old 08-19-2013, 12:26 AM   #1260
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
I would have thrown a rock at that drunk motherf&$@r's Head
94gtconvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion