Whats the stupidest thing someone said about your car? - Page 50 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-26-2013, 11:02 PM   #1716
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
My co worker just said to me that he has a fwd Honda and thats why he can out handle my car in corners. And now he is saying that he wants to get a vtec controller smh.... I cant wait to leave this place
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2013, 05:03 PM   #1717
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by travisb.young66 View Post
My co worker just said to me that he has a fwd Honda and thats why he can out handle my car in corners. And now he is saying that he wants to get a vtec controller smh.... I cant wait to leave this place
The vtec is about to kick in! LOL
BIGHOSS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 05:07 PM   #1718
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
At a car show only other sn95 mustang there was a 94 -95 v6 and the driver and his buddy walked past mine I was behind them looking at the corvette next to me and I hear his friend say man you should have got a v8 look at that 5.0 and the other kid responds yeah but there not good at drifting
badsheep5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2013, 05:17 PM   #1719
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGHOSS5.0 View Post
The vtec is about to kick in! LOL
He also told me before that he is going to do full exhaust and headers cams and a camshaft..... I just go along with him to see how much he bull****s and then call him out on all of it
Old 10-27-2013, 06:11 PM   #1720
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
He also told me before that he is going to do full exhaust and headers cams and a camshaft..... I just go along with him to see how much he bull****s and then call him out on all of it
Should have told him to save his money and buy a real car...
BIGHOSS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 06:28 PM   #1721
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaacker View Post
At a car show only other sn95 mustang there was a 94 -95 v6 and the driver and his buddy walked past mine I was behind them looking at the corvette next to me and I hear his friend say man you should have got a v8 look at that 5.0 and the other kid responds yeah but there not good at drifting
Hmm
White03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:37 PM   #1722
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

Quote:
Id like to see how he goes about those cams and a camshaft lol

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:49 PM   #1723
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Id like to see how he goes about those cams and a camshaft lol
Ha me too i didnt even bother calling his bull**** that time
Old 10-27-2013, 08:07 PM   #1724
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Apparently the 2012 4 cylinder Corolla comes supercharged AND turbocharged. :FACEPALM:
shsfresh87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 02:01 PM   #1725
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post
Not really about mustangs but was talking to a friend who has a friend of his who thinks he is a genius and has a jeep, we got on topic of talking about changing oil. "You guys are so stupid wasting that much money on so many oil changes, Ive had my jeep three years and it never has had one or needed one it runs perfectly fine, oil changes are pointless and are ways they trick you into spending more money"
/facepalm

Now, getting an oil change every 3000 miles in a modern, lightly-driven vehicle is stupid. My friend got a Chrysler 200 recently and asked a friend and me about how often to get oil changes. I told her to just go by the owner's manual, which says to just go when the oil change light comes on (the ECU monitors everything these days). My friend, who has quite a bit of mechanical knowledge and does most of his own car work, insisted on every 3000 "if you actually care about it."

Makes me wonder how he knows more about the car's regular maintenance than the people who engineered it!
Old 10-28-2013, 04:06 PM   #1726
Registered Member
Regular

I had a guy tell me his brother had a rare 03 Shelby cobra 390 then talk about how it's the most rare mustang ever
03Graymach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:17 PM   #1727
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Graymach View Post
I had a guy tell me his brother had a rare 03 Shelby cobra 390 then talk about how it's the most rare mustang ever
ita. Even more rare than the AWD mustang lol
Vicello93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:00 PM   #1728
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post

/facepalm

Now, getting an oil change every 3000 miles in a modern, lightly-driven vehicle is stupid. My friend got a Chrysler 200 recently and asked a friend and me about how often to get oil changes. I told her to just go by the owner's manual, which says to just go when the oil change light comes on (the ECU monitors everything these days). My friend, who has quite a bit of mechanical knowledge and does most of his own car work, insisted on every 3000 "if you actually care about it."

Makes me wonder how he knows more about the car's regular maintenance than the people who engineered it!
Its a holdover back from earlier times when an engine was lucky to go 100k and you had to be a Nazi about maintenance. Hell even up until the late 90s I would not expect any of the mass produced sedans/minivans/compacts and many SUVs to last much longer than 100k if they were not Hondas or Toyotas. At least not with Joe schmuck maintaining them.

Nowadays its like every 12000 miles if you go by many owners manuals.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda build #48. Bolt ons, suspension, Novi 2000.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:03 PM   #1729
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

I usually do every 3-5k but if I check it and the oil is pretty much black I'm going to change it.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:18 PM   #1730
Registered Member
Regular

I gotby fee/smell/ color of oil when to change it
Old 10-29-2013, 04:59 AM   #1731
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
I usually do every 3-5k but if I check it and the oil is pretty much black I'm going to change it.
Agreed, check mine a couple times a week. Always change it at 3000 miles sometimes sooner depending on the color, nothing but clean oil for my car
Sbales88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:31 AM   #1732
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Nothin wrong with that, especially with a performance car, but all she does is put easy highway miles on it.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:03 AM   #1733
Registered Member
Regular

So I pulled up to a red light the other and a bunch of rednecks straight out of Mayberry get me to roll down my window " hey is that the new v6? Yeah it is.... You know what you ought ta do ta that, you need to go under there and take off your exhaust and it will sound just like a v8! " why would I go and do such a cheap thing to a brand new Mustang??? People are always telling me what I need to do to my car like it needs all these mods to make it nice or cool, keep in mind I'm in high school and 99% of these kids have pos cars and know nothing about them,and act like all of these things are cheap to do!
ArlingtonStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:23 AM   #1734
Staff
Regular
Staff

You'll find that the older you get the stupider high schoolers seem and you'll look back at yourself in 10 years and be like "wow if I could go back and kick my own *** I would".

You could have also told them that what they needed to do was go see a dentist.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:27 AM   #1735
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonStang View Post
So I pulled up to a red light the other and a bunch of rednecks straight out of Mayberry get me to roll down my window " hey is that the new v6? Yeah it is.... You know what you ought ta do ta that, you need to go under there and take off your exhaust and it will sound just like a v8! " why would I go and do such a cheap thing to a brand new Mustang??? People are always telling me what I need to do to my car like it needs all these mods to make it nice or cool, keep in mind I'm in high school and 99% of these kids have pos cars and know nothing about them,and act like all of these things are cheap to do!
Thank you!! I have a hard time listening to people who try to tell me what I need to do.

I had a guy tell me he didn't like my wheels.... -_- he drove this
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2492148925.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	484.5 KB
ID:	134316  
Old 10-29-2013, 08:30 AM   #1736
Registered Member
Regular

Alright I've got another one! This other guy at my school also got a new 2014 v6 auto, didn't go with his parents to pick at and told me he didn't care anything about what type of mustang they brought home not even the color, knows absolutely nothing about mustangs and now he says he wants to repaint it matte black!
Old 10-29-2013, 08:31 AM   #1737
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmiller View Post
Thank you!! I had a guy tell me he didn't like my wheels.... -_- he drove this
Wow!! His wheels are awesome....

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

Quote:
Alright I've got another one! This other guy at my school also got a new 2014 v6 auto, didn't go with his parents to pick at and told me he didn't care anything about what type of mustang they brought home not even the color, knows absolutely nothing about mustangs and now he says he wants to repaint it matte black!
Tell him to buy 20 cans of plasti dip and spray away..then post it on the rice or nice thread.
02GTvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:32 AM   #1738
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thank you!! I have a hard time listening to people who try to tell me what I need to do. I had a guy tell me he didn't like my wheels.... -_- he drove this
it's kind of like those people that go awww it's a v6?! You should of got a v8 like they've just got cash flowing out of their pockets!
Old 10-29-2013, 08:34 AM   #1739
Staff
Regular
Staff

The new V6s are nothing to sneeze at. I mean the old V6 stangs were kind of a joke but after 2011, not anymore. When ppl say "oh just a V6" you say, "yeah a 300hp V6, what do you drive?"

Old 10-29-2013, 08:37 AM   #1740
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02GTvert View Post
Wow!! His wheels are awesome.... ---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ---------- Tell him to buy 20 cans of plasti dip and spray away..then post it on the rice or nice thread.
Yeah they are fabulous lol ---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------
Quote:
it's kind of like those people that go awww it's a v6?! You should of got a v8 like they've just got cash flowing out of their pockets!
Pretty much.. Oh what do you drive? An 02 Camry ... Bwahhahaha

And what exactly do you even know about this car?
'm gonna start asking why they think it's not good enough and grill them on specs haha
Old 10-29-2013, 08:38 AM   #1741
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
The new V6s are nothing to sneeze at. I mean the old V6 stangs were kind of a joke but after 2011, not anymore. When ppl say "oh just a V6" you say, "yeah a 300hp V6, what do you drive?"
I've even read that they can hang with the 2010 gt's and below just on stock performance specs
Old 10-29-2013, 08:39 AM   #1742
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah they are fabulous lol
Not even sure why the guy had the audacity to even look at your car after stepping out of that POS.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:41 AM   #1743
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
Not even sure why the guy had the audacity to even look at your car after stepping out of that POS.
Yeah and I think he was even more shocked that a chick got out haha

Oh and he called them rims -_-

Bwahhahaha
Old 10-29-2013, 08:45 AM   #1744
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah and I think he was even more shocked that a chick got out haha Oh and he called them rims -_- Bwahhahaha
RAMMMZ lol I hate that so much. When I think of rims it's on an old Buick or Chevy with a black guy driving........
Old 10-29-2013, 08:50 AM   #1745
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
You'll find that the older you get the stupider high schoolers seem and you'll look back at yourself in 10 years and be like "wow if I could go back and kick my own *** I would". You could have also told them that what they needed to do was go see a dentist.
Lmao +1038473, I'm only 5 years outta high school, and if I could go back I'd def kick my own ***, along with every annoying HS kid in y area right now haha, it's funny how mature you think you are in high school, than years later look back like "what the f" lol
Old 10-29-2013, 08:50 AM   #1746
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
RAMMMZ lol I hate that so much. When I think of rims it's on an old Buick or Chevy with a black guy driving........
Rims are on donks lol monster truck cars!
500 dollar car on 5000 dollar "rims" lol
Old 10-29-2013, 08:57 AM   #1747
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Rims are on donks lol monster truck cars! 500 dollar car on 5000 dollar "rims" lol
Donks...lol I seen a legit "Donk" magazine at work a couple weeks ago.. I work at a grocery store in a predominant white area. And yes, with their drug money and welfare. (Nothing against welfare if you actually need it and not just a lazy POS that does drugs all day everyday)
Old 10-29-2013, 09:08 AM   #1748
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
Donks...lol I seen a legit "Donk" magazine at work a couple weeks ago.. I work at a grocery store in a predominant white area. And yes, with their drug money and welfare. (Nothing against welfare if you actually need it and not just a lazy POS that does drugs all day everyday)
Pretty much what you see around here .. I laugh bc a lot of times they never replace the shocks (I guess) and they'll be bouncin' and squeakin' all over the place lmao
Old 10-29-2013, 09:11 AM   #1749
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Pretty much what you see around here .. I laugh bc a lot of times they never replace the shocks (I guess) and they'll be bouncin' and squeakin' all over the place lmao
Haha yes! With their truck lift kit..and 1970s shocks.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:25 AM   #1750
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaacker View Post
Lol the other day I pulled up next to a sweet 94-95 red stang it was lowered had nice rims with a cowl hood I looked in to the car and it was a little old woman she revved here car and if had flowmasters on it I revved mine she gave me a thumbs up and drove away
Back when I was a kid there was am old lady that lived next to us. She was in her mid 70's at the time, about 5'2" and 100lbs. She was a good friend of the family. I remember her talking about needing a new car. One day she comes home with a new Iroc Z. We were all shocked
SixBang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion