Whats the stupidest thing someone said about your car? - Page 51 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-29-2013, 11:06 AM   #1751
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmiller View Post
Yeah they are fabulous lol ---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ---------- Pretty much.. Oh what do you drive? An 02 Camry ... Bwahhahaha And what exactly do you even know about this car? 'm gonna start asking why they think it's not good enough and grill them on specs haha
that's what I do with the smarta**es at my school that are jealous, shuts em up real quick
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2013, 01:39 PM   #1752
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBang View Post
Back when I was a kid there was am old lady that lived next to us. She was in her mid 70's at the time, about 5'2" and 100lbs. She was a good friend of the family. I remember her talking about needing a new car. One day she comes home with a new Iroc Z. We were all shocked
Kinda reminds me of that larry the cable guy joke. "how'd grandma die? Oh she wrecked her Harley down at bike week." Old people don't even care these days. Badasses.
PonyBoyV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:05 PM   #1753
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoyV6 View Post
Kinda reminds me of that larry the cable guy joke. "how'd grandma die? Oh she wrecked her Harley down at bike week." Old people don't even care these days. Badasses.
Back in I think 2003 me and a buddy were driving out of a parking lot and see a brand new Viper pull in. As we drive by a guy who had to be in his late 70s gets out of the driver's seat, pulls a cane out from the passenger's side and starts hobbling into the store. Not sure if those cars came in auto ever or if he didn't have an issue with his left leg for the clutch? At any rate that is my goal when I am that old.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2013, 02:17 PM   #1754
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Back in I think 2003 me and a buddy were driving out of a parking lot and see a brand new Viper pull in. As we drive by a guy who had to be in his late 70s gets out of the driver's seat, pulls a cane out from the passenger's side and starts hobbling into the store. Not sure if those cars came in auto ever or if he didn't have an issue with his left leg for the clutch? At any rate that is my goal when I am that old.
I wanna be that way as well
badsheep5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:16 PM   #1755
Registered Member
Regular

I just saw a 17 year log girl pulling out of a dealership with a 97 Viper GTS.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 10-29-2013, 03:26 PM   #1756
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
How do you know she was 17???
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:27 PM   #1757
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post
True girls be looking 17 being 30 and ****
badsheep5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:30 PM   #1758
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaacker View Post

True girls be looking 17 being 30 and ****
You got it backwards.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:32 PM   #1759
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post
Because he ****ed her in the back seat of his car
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 04:33 PM   #1760
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF View Post
Because he ****ed her in the back seat of his car
hey hey, she looked like she was around 17,18, late teens early twenties is my guess
Old 10-29-2013, 07:40 PM   #1761
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonStang View Post
Alright I've got another one! This other guy at my school also got a new 2014 v6 auto, didn't go with his parents to pick at and told me he didn't care anything about what type of mustang they brought home not even the color, knows absolutely nothing about mustangs and now he says he wants to repaint it matte black!
Ugh, people like that are the only bad thing about owning a Mustang. This is going to sound really elitist, but people who don't know their head from their *** seem to flock to the Mustang more than other pony cars. God only knows why. I'm glad there are communities like this one for the enthusiasts to converse.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:18 PM   #1762
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Ugh, people like that are the only bad thing about owning a Mustang. This is going to sound really elitist, but people who don't know their head from their *** seem to flock to the Mustang more than other pony cars. God only knows why. I'm glad there are communities like this one for the enthusiasts to converse.
I know, we are people that actually know our cars, I had a guy at the gas pump tell me I should have gotten a GT Supersnake because it has a V16. I just got in my car, let him hear it at redline, and laughed, some people are so dumb.

1. There is no such thing as a "Mustang GT Supersnake" and 2, the Shelby Supersnake is a V8
Old 10-29-2013, 08:22 PM   #1763
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
You bounced off on your rev limiter to prove you weren't stupid? Lol
Fender868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:24 PM   #1764
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender868 View Post
Lol
Screaming Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:24 PM   #1765
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
You can rev it to redline without bouncing it off the limiter

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:44 PM   #1766
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
no, I took it to about 6K before I shifted to 2nd using the paddles.

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
true, I didn't go all the way to redline, but was very close, people probably couldn't tell the difference, except for it being loud and not bouncing.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:44 PM   #1767
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
no, I took it to about 6K before I shifted to 2nd using the paddles.
Oh lord he's got paddles y'all
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:45 PM   #1768
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No friggin way?!
Old 10-29-2013, 08:45 PM   #1769
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post

Paddles in what? A Mustang??
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:46 PM   #1770
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxPIKExx View Post

Paddles in what? A Mustang??
Yup
Old 10-29-2013, 08:47 PM   #1771
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post
6 speed auto transmission, the 13-14's have paddles on the shifter. I wanted the Red Boss 302 the dealer had, or the GT with track pack that had nearly the same options, but my parents won't let me get a manual
Old 10-29-2013, 08:51 PM   #1772
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
"New Edges are the UGLIEST mustangs "SVT" ever made"... Smfh!

Same dude a few minutes later, points outside to my car and says "THAT is a badass looking gt, probably would walk your 4 banger huh".. ****ing serious -.-

He about had a cow when I left a few moments later for lunch..
White03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:52 PM   #1773
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
no, I took it to about 6K before I shifted to 2nd using the paddles. ---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ---------- true, I didn't go all the way to redline, but was very close, people probably couldn't tell the difference, except for it being loud and not bouncing.
That's probably worse because this suggest you raced passed the gas station where, presumably , the man was still pumping gas just because he said some stupid crap. Lol I really don't get the point of any of this. If some guy told me he has a 2013 12 cylinder mustang gt shelby cobra 5000 that he got from Jesus at a car lot in heaven, I wouldn't get in my car and be like: "*****, mustangs have a v8." REV to the limiter to validate almost nothing and peel out . All over a 20 second conversation lol.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:57 PM   #1774
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's probably worse because this suggest you raced passed the gas station where, presumably , the man was still pumping gas just because he said some stupid crap. Lol I really don't get the point of any of this. If some guy told me he has a 2013 12 cylinder mustang gt shelby cobra 5000 that he got from Jesus at a car lot in heaven, I wouldn't get in my car and be like: "*****, mustangs have a v8." REV to the limiter to validate almost nothing and peel out . All over a 20 second conversation lol.
I was already done filling up, and he said it as I was getting into my car, so I didn't want to deal with someone who knows nothing about mustangs, I didn't say anything to him. I let my GT do the talking, and I laughed over his stupidity. At least get one or the other right, the actual car name or the engine.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:03 PM   #1775
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Don't know what you think paddles are but the '13/14 Mustang auto has the select shift as a button on the side of the shifter.

HID end all thread
Old 10-29-2013, 09:10 PM   #1776
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Don't know what you think paddles are but the '13/14 Mustang auto has the select shift as a button on the side of the shifter.
that's what I meant by "Paddles", the selectshift buttons, I just refer to them as paddle shifters, obviously have to be in S though, which is the only way I drive.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:10 PM   #1777
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Hmiller
Quote:
Originally Posted by White03GT View Post
"New Edges are the UGLIEST mustangs "SVT" ever made"... Smfh! Same dude a few minutes later, points outside to my car and says "THAT is a badass looking gt, probably would walk your 4 banger huh".. ****ing serious -.- He about had a cow when I left a few moments later for lunch..
I just died hahahahaha
Old 10-29-2013, 09:10 PM   #1778
Registered Member
Regular

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1439479999.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	134391 Select shift. Baby shifting. Paddle shifters. These are also real magnesium paddle shifters, and not the crap they put on low end automatics. The cheap paddle shifter cars are essentially just a select shift , but placed on the steering wheel.

Lol so anyways, go on with that story where you corrected someone about his knowledge of cars
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2682100800.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	134392  
Old 10-29-2013, 09:14 PM   #1779
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Select shift. Baby shifting.
I wish Ford would put actual paddles instead of selectshift... Or my parents could have let me get a manual... Red Boss 302... Or Red Candy Track Pack GT, both at the dealer for roughly the price we paid for the Auto GT.

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

Quote:
Select shift. Baby shifting. Paddle shifters. These are also real magnesium paddle shifters, and not the crap they put on low end automatics. The cheap paddle shifter cars are essentially just a select shift , but placed on the steering wheel. Lol so anyways, go on with that story where you corrected someone about his knowledge of cars
I would have, but it would have been pointless and stupid to get in an argument with him, so I just left and laughed.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:17 PM   #1780
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I wish Ford would put actual paddles instead of selectshift... Or my parents could have let me get a manual... Red Boss 302... Or Red Candy Track Pack GT, both at the dealer for roughly the price we paid for the Auto GT.
When you have enough money to buy your car, you'll be surprised how little input your parents will have. Track pack is an extra 3999$ I believe( don't quote, I also saw 5499$ somewhere), so that would effectively make it quite a bit more. You still have a sweet car. Real paddle shifting transmissions cost way too much. The ones they put on cheap cars are essentially just a way for people with automatics to convince themselves they have control over their shifting. The speed changes are laggy and generally unresponsive. It is what it is. They will do it simply to keep up with the times. It won't make the car any better.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:20 PM   #1781
Registered Member
Regular

Pneumatic shifters are sick
Old 10-29-2013, 09:21 PM   #1782
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
When you have enough money to buy your car, you'll be surprised how little input your parents will have. Track pack is an extra 3999$ I believe( don't quote, I also saw 5499$ somewhere), so that would effectively make it quite a bit more. You still have a sweet car. Real paddle shifting transmissions cost way too much. The ones they put on cheap cars are essentially just a way for people with automatics to convince themselves they have control over their shifting. The speed changes are laggy and generally unresponsive. It is what it is. They will do it simply to keep up with the times. It won't make the car any better.
the price points were the same,about 40K and with rebates 36K, except for the Boss, which would have stayed at 40. I do agree that the shift points are laggy, I have to press slightly before I actually want to shift. Sounds sweet when I downshift though.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:25 PM   #1783
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Paddle shifters are still considered an automatic transmission, because even though you pull a lever, the computer and transmission does everything else.

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

If you want some good paddle shifters get a GTR, it will shift faster than you can blink.

HID end all thread
Old 10-29-2013, 09:26 PM   #1784
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Paddle shifters are still considered an automatic transmission, because even though you pull a lever, the computer and transmission does everything else. ---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ---------- If you want some good paddle shifters get a GTR, it will shift faster than you can blink.
A GTR is way too expensive for me right now, especially since I'm saving up for car mods. I'm fine with the selectshift how is is, now I can get closer to about 22MPG around my city routes, I tested it Sunday, usually the trip to my friends gets about 18MPG with it in whatever gear D keeps it at doing 45, when I put it to 6, MPG shot up to 23.5, city MPG, not many stops though.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:31 PM   #1785
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
A GTR is way too expensive for me right now, especially since I'm saving up for car mods.
Lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion