Whats the stupidest thing someone said about your car? - Page 61 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-14-2014, 09:25 AM   #2101
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nebraska
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhherndon View Post
At the gas station

Guy getting gas- hey man that thing sounds good.
Me- thanks man I appreciate it
Guy getting gas- is that a 351 under the hood.
Me- (thinking to myself) Holy S***
I'm going the 351w route with my 83 fox body. ..... Gonna be freakin sweeeet.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2014, 01:18 AM   #2102
ME Bloodhound
Supporter
Staff

Region: California
Guy in the dorm room next to me keeps talking s*** that his car will walk mine cause its a 2006 BMW 325i and mine is a Mustang with an "old *** engine". Well I happened to look up the specs of his car, 215HP 185TQ to the crank. Damn, i guess my 270HP 315TQ to the crank (add some more because of the tune) doesn't stand a chance lol. And I guess the Cams and 4.10s I plan to get next month will make me even slower. Oh well.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2014, 06:39 AM   #2103
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Guy in the dorm room next to me keeps talking s*** that his car will walk mine cause its a 2006 BMW 325i and mine is a Mustang with an "old *** engine". Well I happened to look up the specs of his car, 215HP 185TQ to the crank. Damn, i guess my 270HP 315TQ to the crank (add some more because of the tune) doesn't stand a chance lol. And I guess the Cams and 4.10s I plan to get next month will make me even slower. Oh well.

Show him
White03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:17 PM   #2104
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
A car guy in my grade(likes Japanese cars, mainly the GTR) said to convert my GT to AWD.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:33 PM   #2105
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
A car guy in my grade(likes Japanese cars, mainly the GTR) said to convert my GT to AWD.
Haha in highschool my buddy's brother asked a shop about doing it to his 3rd gen Eclipse while I was there getting a quote for subframe connectors. They laughed at him until they realized he was serious, then they ignored him.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:15 PM   #2106
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The only performance vehicles AWD should be on are rally cars and trucks; it just adds weight and causes understeer.
9tee7pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:06 PM   #2107
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Agreed on the AWD. Ppl treat it like its some sort of unicorn. Its great in the snow and great on a rally car and its great for dip****s who don't know how to properly launch a RWD car. For a handling car you are just adding weight to the front/overall, for a drag car you are just adding weight overall and taking away traction from the rear wheels where all the weight transfer goes.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda build #48. Bolt ons, suspension, Novi 2000.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:31 PM   #2108
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Agreed on the AWD. Ppl treat it like its some sort of unicorn. Its great in the snow and great on a rally car and its great for dip****s who don't know how to properly launch a RWD car. For a handling car you are just adding weight to the front/overall, for a drag car you are just adding weight overall and taking away traction from the rear wheels where all the weight transfer goes.
That was the best explanation ever
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:33 PM   #2109
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joser714 View Post
That was the best explanation ever

+1
jhherndon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:30 PM   #2110
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
100% true story. I had a "friend" with a '95-'98 Nissan 240SX with race headers and exhaust and he was touting that his car's torque would kill my then 2005 Civic Si hatch. I had just gotten the car and never launched a manual before, so we raced on a hill with spectators watching and I smoked him.

He also claimed he had a SR20DET S13 turbo engine swap, which I never believed so I was never scared to race.
mkashew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:46 PM   #2111
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Someone said I didn't have a real cobra because it wasn't supercharged and they kept saying that their 350z (stock) was much faster because my car was just a gt with a nice body kit. Lol. "Body kit" it's a front bumper and a few cobra badges. But whatever! Needless to say his 350 isn't faster
Redsvtcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:47 PM   #2112
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsvtcobra View Post
Someone said I didn't have a real cobra because it wasn't supercharged and they kept saying that their 350z (stock) was much faster because my car was just a gt with a nice body kit. Lol. "Body kit" it's a front bumper and a few cobra badges. But whatever! Needless to say his 350 isn't faster

People are these 3 things, jealous, stupid, or ignorant. Sometimes all 3.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:51 PM   #2113
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
People are these 3 things, jealous, stupid, or ignorant. Sometimes all 3.

He was for sure all 3. I have 2 friends with 350s and they are some of the coolest guys. But so many people are jerks. But hey. If they want to talk crap I'll be happy to go to the track. If you have put a lot of time into your car and it's faster than mine. I respect that. But if you don't know anything then keep your mouth shut
Old 01-16-2014, 10:58 PM   #2114
Registered Member
Regular

Exactly how I feel about a few guys in my school, one has a 79 Z28, one has a 2009 Toyota matrix😂, and another doesn't even have his license, and is 18!!!
Old 01-16-2014, 11:17 PM   #2115
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Exactly how I feel about a few guys in my school, one has a 79 Z28, one has a 2009 Toyota matrix😂, and another doesn't even have his license, and is 18!!!

Haha. They have 0 room to talk on that one
Old 01-16-2014, 11:20 PM   #2116
Registered Member
Regular

http://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/tls/4276951416.html wish i ha $29k
Old 01-16-2014, 11:23 PM   #2117
Registered Member
Regular

Whats the stupidest thing someone said about your car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsvtcobra View Post
Haha. They have 0 room to talk on that one

Exactly, it makes me laugh. The guy with the matrix thinks he's great... Haha, no. What was really funny was that he said if he put the turbo 4 from the new MUSTANG into his car, that it would beat me. Bro, get the money to do it before you talk crap, and he'll need suspension upgrades. That was ridiculous.
Old 01-17-2014, 12:18 AM   #2118
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by White03GT View Post
Looks like it's time to get a loan. I know a guy who has just one of those bottom boxes (not the pair like in the ad) and it's gigantic, I can imagine what setup like that would actually look like in a shop
Mile high JDF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:36 AM   #2119
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile high JDF View Post
Looks like it's time to get a loan. I know a guy who has just one of those bottom boxes (not the pair like in the ad) and it's gigantic, I can imagine what setup like that would actually look like in a shop

Ha yeah, I'd just live in it
Old 01-17-2014, 03:11 AM   #2120
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Quote:
I wouldn't mind an awd stang, that would be bad ***. Especially a new edge with irs. Damn damn damn talk about lots of fun on the twisties
{Never Enough HP}
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 03:17 AM   #2121
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by White03GT View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20140113_102556.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	144895
{Never Enough HP}
Old 01-17-2014, 07:04 AM   #2122
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
AWD isn't even that great for launches. I've seen many Evo owners just about stall at the line on a drag strip. Unless you know what you are doing there are a lot of things that can get messed up trying to launch an AWD car.
9tee7pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 04:38 PM   #2123
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post

I'll believe it when I see it

Sent from my Barbie Dream Phone®
CoolHorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 04:41 PM   #2124
Road Trip!

Quote:
Exactly, it makes me laugh. The guy with the matrix thinks he's great... Haha, no. What was really funny was that he said if he put the turbo 4 from the new MUSTANG into his car, that it would beat me. Bro, get the money to do it before you talk crap, and he'll need suspension upgrades. That was ridiculous.

Maybe his dad will buy it for him. You never know these days. Real talk dude

Old 01-17-2014, 06:59 PM   #2125
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolHorsey View Post
Maybe his dad will buy it for him. You never know these days. Real talk dude

My dad bought me an oil change once.

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:46 PM   #2126
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCopp View Post

My dad left long ago so I got a job and bought a car anyways

Old 01-17-2014, 07:57 PM   #2127
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCopp View Post
Lucky mine has given me $20 in gas before
Joser714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 01:24 AM   #2128
Staff
Regular
Staff

My dad used to give us all sorts of stuff when he worked for Dell. Was one of the first 20,000 employees and made 6 figures easy every year. Then he got "burnt out" on it and took a pay cut to go somewhere else and then that company went under (Dell obviously is still good...) and he jumped from job to job every 6 months it seemed and is now working for the state for half of what he made at Dell in 1997... If I'm ever in that situation and I do that **** I've already told my wife to leave me for my own stupidity.

It is what it is though, I don't want or expect or feel entitled to anything, I just think it was ****ty that he kind of *****ed out like that when he could have been getting rady to retire now, my mom would not have had to work and they wouldn't have had to take out a second mortgage to pay for my Sister's college. And the ONLY reason she got that is because I didn't want anyone else to pay for mine and I got my degree myself. Oh well, that's life I guess...

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 01-18-2014, 03:19 AM   #2129
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
A guy with a new Camaro said, "I have beat several of those new mustangs". I told him, then you aren't stock or its not a 5.0 or the drivers really sucked.
Green5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 03:55 AM   #2130
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green5.0 View Post
A guy with a new Camaro said, "I have beat several of those new mustangs". I told him, then you aren't stock or its not a 5.0 or the drivers really sucked.

Sounds like a typical mustang excuse...

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:12 AM   #2131
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green5.0 View Post
I remember when the Coyote had just released and a lot of the Camaro fanboys were expecting it to be a little more powerful than the 3V it was replacing. Lol. With that said, a modded LS3 is not something to be messed with, there are a LOT of Coyote owners out there who think they are invincible and that just isn't the case.

Old 01-18-2014, 11:12 AM   #2132
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I remember when the Coyote had just released and a lot of the Camaro fanboys were expecting it to be a little more powerful than the 3V it was replacing. Lol. With that said, a modded LS3 is not something to be messed with, there are a LOT of Coyote owners out there who think they are invincible and that just isn't the case.

Yeah lol thats a no ****ter. Buddy in a modded termi got raaaaaped. He deserved it i suppose, kept running his mouth like a ****ing idiot.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:03 PM   #2133
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tee7pony View Post

AWD isn't even that great for launches. I've seen many Evo owners just about stall at the line on a drag strip. Unless you know what you are doing there are a lot of things that can get messed up trying to launch an AWD car.
Most def, gotta know how to on an awd

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tee7pony View Post

Most def, gotta know how to on an awd. Except I disagree with the awd isn't even that great for launches, they rape when you know how
{Never Enough HP}
Old 01-18-2014, 01:38 PM   #2134
Registered Member
Regular

"It's just a v6 mustang" 😂😂 *his z28 gets left"

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

Mattjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 04:53 PM   #2135
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattjohnson View Post
"It's just a v6 mustang" 😂😂 *his z28 gets left"

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

What year model z28 cause if it's a gen 4 ether you have a lot of mods or he can't drive cause they are putting down more power and have less weight
03Graymach is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion