Whats the stupidest thing someone said about your car? - Page 86 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-13-2015, 11:11 AM   #2976
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Guy in an older SRT-8 Charger asked me what kind of turbo I had after I smoked him
d1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2015, 06:48 AM   #2977
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by d1984 View Post
Guy in an older SRT-8 Charger asked me what kind of turbo I had after I smoked him
Poor SRT owners who spent all that money to get smoked by a car that cost $10-$20k less. Or even worse than that...
2000 Mustang GT Steeda build #48. Bolt ons, suspension, Novi 2000.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 12:14 PM   #2978
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
I was at the movie theater with my girlfriend in my 02 Roush 360R. After the movie, a bunch of high school kids drove up in their Hondas and foci. A couple of them were talking with me about my car as they are enthusiasts and I respect that. They were being pretty cool and I was asking about their cars and such. Eventually a kid comes up that wasn't even driving a car that I'd also with these other people and told me my car "isn't a real Cobra". Lol. I said , "I know, it's a Roush 360R, not a Cobra". This kid said that it also wasn't a real roush and was just a body kit (keep in mind all of these guys cars are riced out mom cars) he then asked me if it was fast. I told him that it's not slow and he said "is it mustang fast, or real car fast?" I laughed and got into my car without saying anything. Then he has me roll down my window and says " I have a honda that will destroy that thing becuase I have a lot of parts put on it" and he tried to convince me to street race. I told him that "my cars so slow it wouldn't be much if a race for you". I then wasted a little too much tire and left the parking lot. I don't understand the disrespect of some people when I was even complimenting their vehicles and actively engaging in car conversation. Especially when their parents have purchased their cars as it is. I will never understand.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2015, 12:20 PM   #2979
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Whats the stupidest thing someone said about your car?

Some people are jealous @$$holes, simple as that.

Pick your poison.
Recon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 12:27 PM   #2980
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
It's always the Honda crowd here. I could never own one just based on that.
Byock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 11:22 PM   #2981
Registered Member
Regular

My wife loved my car until I put my exhaust on it. Now she says its Stupid. I'm ok with that.lol. Cuz now it's stupid loud.
tsidewayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 11:34 PM   #2982
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Lady at McDonald's told me it sounds like a truck

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 11:44 PM   #2983
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
Lady at McDonald's told me it sounds like a truck

Yeah like a bad azz mustang truck. Hahaha

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1448865844.949102.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	155.7 KB
ID:	194146
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 11:53 PM   #2984
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post

Attachment 194146
I told her maybe for a deaf person lol

natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 04:34 AM   #2985
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
It ain't my style but Ox's truck photo is pretty cool

http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...post4261510322
Strange Mud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 05:03 AM   #2986
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post

Attachment 194146
I love Mustangs, and I love my F150, but a Mustang truck? No way...
Old 11-30-2015, 08:07 AM   #2987
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
By another Mustang owner, got my New Edge (and all New Edge 'stangs) called "Rustangs". An arrogant, daddy's-money kid with a V8 '07 Charger keeps telling me I'm an idiot for putting money into my '01 V6 and calls all Mustangs "S**t-Stangs", which, let's face it, is definitely not the most creative name ever conceived.

The best part is that he pretends to know about cars and yet he doesn't know his final drive ratio, TQ ratings, or TB size, to name a few things. All he's done is body mods. A true car enthusiast appreciates the modifications made to the vehicle, despite what it is. What an @sshole
JudenInduven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 08:29 AM   #2988
Staff
Regular
Staff

I love Charger owners. 99% of them will get torched from a stoplight by a bolt on PI Mustang. Hell even your V6 could probably do ok vs him from a stop if it has gears/tires and he is stock.

Easy way to shut up morons like that is wait till there are ppl you both know around and then slap $100 down on the table when he starts talking **** and tell him if he's so confident he'll match it and meet you at the track. Or just ignore them because its honestly not worth the brain cells.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 12-02-2015, 10:55 AM   #2989
Registered Member
Regular

This thread makes me chuckle. The stupidest thing I got was: "all that power, but I bet you can't turn". Ignorance from the import guys. I've owned japanese, euro and domestic cars. Why can't we all just get along.
jeffrey5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 10:14 AM   #2990
Registered Member
Regular

I was wiping my car down at my colleges parking lot when some guy rolled up and asked me if I'm trying to wipe the ugly off. I chuckled and asked what year his Aztec was lol
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 10:33 AM   #2991
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Pontiac Aztec at least it looks better than a Nissan Murano Convertible.

http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...post4261510322
Strange Mud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 05:33 PM   #2992
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
Pontiac Aztec at least it looks better than a Nissan Murano Convertible.

I think it's a tie between the two
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 07:56 PM   #2993
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Well 3 weeks ago I saw an old friend from an automotive school I used to go to. He failed the class shortly after it started and got kicked out for tying to steal a bumper of one of the schools Ford Taurus's. Anyway he saw my 2011 gt and told me it sounded like **** with the ford racing axel backs and I should get 8" pipes. Some people you just have to nod and smile at, and not entertain their stupidity.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
94gtconvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 11:27 PM   #2994
Registered Member
Regular

In the car with my mom a month or two ago, and she says, "hey look it's your car!" I look behind me and it's a Camaro. *slightly insulted* I laughed and said "no that's a Camaro mom... God that hurts me.." (sarcastic) she laughed and apologized.

Another time I pull up to the gas pump, a guy walking out of the convenience mart asks if my car is a v8 . I have 4.0 badges and told him it was a v6. He said it sounded like a v8 and I laughed and said I'll take that as a compliment. Stock bumpers and stock wheels, looks like a wimpy sixxer... I felt accomplished of my exhaust set up though
Bschmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 01:49 AM   #2995
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Idaho
A couple of months ago I noticed this little red Prius following me. The Prius had custom paint with black racing stripes, and custom wheels. You could tell they were trying to make it look sportier. As the car followed me at every turn I began to figure it must be someone from my office. Then the car followed me all the way into the company parking lot. As I parked it continued on past me. I get out, gather my stuff as usual, and head into the office. As I am walking in the car loops around the lot and pulls up next to me. The window rolls down and I recognize the gal inside as another employee. I have worked with her for quite a while, so yes I know her.

I guess she had not seen the Mustang in the parking lot even though I have had it a couple of years. Of course I had not noticed her's either. But come on, it was a Prius.

Anyway, she goes on to say how nice it is and she really likes it. That it is so gorgeous that she just had to see who was driving it. She asks how long I have had it and other inquires...

Now you have to realize that I am approaching 60, and not in the best of physical shape. I am ok, but not that stealth runner anymore. She is about my age. She looks a little worn for wear. Kinda ridden hard and put away wet. But she is a nice gal.

Anyway, She told me she use to have a 96GT and how much she loved it. How she would really would like to have it back. We talked for a little bit. Then she tells me, "Wow, that car sounds so nice. I just love the way it sounds. That car sounds so good, it sounds just like sex." and she continues raving. I am a little embarrassed, but chuckle and tell her thanks, then head into work. The more I thought about it, it really made me laugh. I just could not believe that came out of her mouth. It is really unlike her.

But I will take that as a compliment. Did get a good laugh though.
Second Mustang with a 34 yr gap.
shaneyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 04:33 PM   #2996
Road Trip!
Regular

Region: Canada
Send a message via Skype™ to Gravydog316
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaneyusa View Post

that's so cute! omgπŸ’
Gravydog316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 03:24 AM   #2997
Road Trip!
Regular

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by d1984 View Post
...you should have told you "It's a 4 cylinder. What's a 'turbo'?"
Old 12-27-2015, 01:14 PM   #2998
Staff
Regular
Staff

I had zero trouble with RT and SRT cars when I had my 98 NA PI 2V. Not saying there aren't some fast ones out there but it takes a LOT of money and parts.

Old 12-30-2015, 05:55 PM   #2999
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
They said good luck with the resale value, but im not selling mine
mustangmanuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 06:02 PM   #3000
Registered Member
Regular

Oh my I have read it all now... Sorry but most ppl on this site are just plain oval fan boys... Let the flame ignite πŸ˜‰πŸ˜˜

Sent from Rapinators trunk
parkerz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 11:45 PM   #3001
Registered Member
Regular

Earlier this year I showed up to a buddy's house in Kansas City to hang out before going back home to Manhattan for college, just essentially saying my goodbyes for a while. It was late at this point, and I pulled into his driveway and a group came down to greet me. A guy walks up that I've never seen before and asks if that was my mustang and wanted to see under the hood. I'm always happy when people ask about the car, so I had no problem showing him. He proceeds to walk up to the bay, and the first thing he does is grab my strut tower brace and attempts to shake it. I guess he figured it might be loose? Anyways, after I answer a few of his questions, he asks if I'd like to go see his car. I get taken over to a 2000 Honda Accord, where he pops his hood and proceeds to display me his COMPLETELY STOCK car and tells me how he wants to turbocharge it. I was then told "I know it's not how I want it right now, but I guarantee this car can still beat you off the line in a drag race." I was so dumbfounded by it I didn't even try to argue. And you wonder why Honda guys get such a bad rap.
Colburt195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 07:07 AM   #3002
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
That strut tower brace is too much weight. It's holding you back.

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 10:57 AM   #3003
Registered Member
Regular

Now that I think about it, you're right! His car didn't have one, that must obviously be my problem. Maybe one day I'll get all this fast car stuff right and have a chance against that Japanese beast of his.
Old 12-31-2015, 11:33 AM   #3004
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Honda "fast car stuff" is:
Ridiculous body kit
Even more ridiculous negative camber on all 4 corners
Stickers out the @$$
Huge subwoofers
Useless rear spoiler
Fart can muffler
Only engine mod is a "cold air intake" with no heat shield 3 inches away from the valve cover
Obviously, the list can go on and on.

Pick your poison.
Recon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 12:02 PM   #3005
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I was pumping gas last night, and a guy in a Camaro pulled in behind waiting for a pump to open up. He gets out of his car, and says to me, "Why didn't you get the 5.0 instead of just the GT?" I looked at him for a second trying to figure out if he was messing with me or not, and replied that it is a 5.0 and the GT's now all are. He said, "Then why doesn't it say 5.0 on the badge on your trunk lid? I told him because Ford obviously felt having it on both fenders,and on the valve cover sufficed. About that time I finished fueling, got in the car and gave a spirited rev as I pulled away. Really?!?

Sent from my SM-T310 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
'14 GT Prem; Sterling Gray w/Silver Metallic Rally Stripes; 6-Speed M/T; Electronics & Comfort Package; 3.55 gears; SR Performance Springs; Koni Str.T Struts & Shocks; Whiteline Panhard Bar; Whiteline Rear Lower Control Arms & Relocation Brackets; J&M Caster/Camber Plates; Rohana RC7 20x10's w/255/35/20 Goodyear Eagle Sport All Seasons; C&L CAI; BAMA V2 93R Tune; Roush Axlebacks; Redline Tuning Elite Hood Struts; SunTek CXP 45% Tint; Cervini's Upper & Lower Billet Grilles & Type IV Ram Air Hood.
Sterling 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 12:38 PM   #3006
Registered Member
Regular

GT=V8. I don't understand why that confuses people so much. I've got the V6 with all the factory badges and supposed "car guys" (admittedly all younger in age) always ask if I have a V8 when my car is just sitting there. Then after I tell them no, it's the 6, the "why didn't you get a V8?" never fails to follow.
Old 12-31-2015, 01:57 PM   #3007
Road Trip!
Regular

you forget the teen boy driving with all his friends with their so-called swag lol.
& lowered so much it scrapes all over town lol & he gets stuck in the snow in front of my house, which causes me to watch & laugh until I wet myself... etc, etc.
Old 12-31-2015, 02:04 PM   #3008
Road Trip!
Regular

lol sameπŸ˜‚
my 2006 v6 has the Pony Package, it's still not a v8 (?!)
how come I know the difference & boys don't?? like duh!!
it's not that hard...
Old 12-31-2015, 02:07 PM   #3009
Road Trip!
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colburt195 View Post
...And you wonder why Honda guys get such a bad rap.

...no, we don't πŸ™„...
Old 12-31-2015, 05:23 PM   #3010
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravydog View Post
...no, we don't πŸ™„...

I tried to give them a break for once even though they still haven't earned it. I don't think they ever will either.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion