Whats the stupidest thing someone said about your car? - Page 9 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-07-2013, 08:40 AM   #281
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric e View Post
I've seen a couple of the new ford interceptors cops are riding around in now and a few camaros as well
Yea I've seen plenty of police interceptors, cool car indeed, I've seen them at the dealership right before being picked up for delivery.

And the 09 challenger rt my parent didn't feel just few hundred lbs heavier. After driving the new mustang, I wouldn't go back to it at all, I like the look, especially the classic rt style. But performance wise I would pass
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2013, 09:02 AM   #282
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam62893 View Post

A couple of years our city changed from crown Vic's to the chargers. We still have some crown Vic's around but they mainly gather dust at the station haha
That's pretty much the same for my town, except they do still use the crown vics a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric e View Post
I've seen a couple of the new ford interceptors cops are riding around in now and a few camaros as well
I have seen a Taurus SHO cop car locally, it looks pretty great

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbill2003 View Post

Town cops where I live have mostly chargers the state troopers have mostly the crown vics
I tend to disagree when talking about Florida , I think I've seen almost as many charger troopers as I've seen crown vics
93mstnglx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:28 AM   #283
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93mstnglx View Post

I have seen a Taurus SHO cop car locally, it looks pretty
It's called the police interceptor. But its the same car adapted for police purpuses
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2013, 12:01 PM   #284
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
My cops have impalas and Vic's lol
Coltonhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:28 PM   #285
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2300turboford View Post

God that pisses me off he's lucky enough to have a nice car like that and he did that !! Why do all the d o u c h bags get cars like that
Not to defend stupidity...But he didn't expect a car to pull out on him....
BIGHOSS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:29 PM   #286
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Theres a mustang cop car close to where i live, its like a 2000-2004. But theres mainlys vics and chargers around here
Sbales88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:45 PM   #287
Registered Member
Regular

A couple year darts were decent to modify, a buddy had a 71 I think that he shoehorned a 440 bb in and it ran like a raped ape.. in stock form, yeah they suck for the most part..

There's a few charger copos around me, 2 are supercharged. And there's a mustang cop car down south from me, its an 03 termi with smoked everything and stealth lights. They siezed it from a drug bust and converted it to intercept street racing.

I grew up in a predominantly chevy family, but I always gravitated towards mopar and mustangs, but with the exception of the challenger dodge just went off the reservation with most of their newer cars.. and now srt is its own thing and they produce the vipers seperate from dodge.

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodRedStang View Post
A couple year darts were decent to modify, a buddy had a 71 I think that he shoehorned a 440 bb in and it ran like a raped ape.. in stock form, yeah they suck for the most part..

There's a few charger copos around me, 2 are supercharged. And there's a mustang cop car down south from me, its an 03 termi with smoked everything and stealth lights. They siezed it from a drug bust and converted it to intercept street racing.

I grew up in a predominantly chevy family, but I always gravitated towards mopar and mustangs, but with the exception of the challenger dodge just went off the reservation with most of their newer cars.. and now srt is its own thing and they produce the vipers seperate from dodge.
Also, the charger was in fact a gov't contract, it was part of the bail out deal chrysler made. They'd get bailed out, and the enforcement agencies got their higher performance interceptors.
BloodRedStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:33 PM   #288
AKE
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

Also, the charger was in fact a gov't contract, it was part of the bail out deal chrysler made. They'd get bailed out, and the enforcement agencies got their higher performance interceptors.
Haha but ford can make a faster and better cop car without the governments bailout money XD
AKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:42 PM   #289
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKE View Post
Haha but ford can make a faster and better cop car without the governments bailout money XD
True story...The New Taurus Police interceptor (SHO with more HP) is a bad Byoch...

Old 05-08-2013, 12:19 AM   #290
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Word lol

Its just recently that interceptors have higher performance options over a similarly equipped civilian model. I love hearing the 16-17 year olds wanting old used crown vic interceptors because they think they're higher performance.. same 4.6 as you can find in a gt
Old 05-08-2013, 07:32 AM   #291
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Word lol

Its just recently that interceptors have higher performance options over a similarly equipped civilian model. I love hearing the 16-17 year olds wanting old used crown vic interceptors because they think they're higher performance.. same 4.6 as you can find in a gt
Way back when I was in Highschool 92-96 the intercepters were faster then the regular cars. My cousin had a Crown Vic that would roll...Plus the 90-93 LX interceptor Mustangs came with different gearing and more HP over the civilian mustang.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:45 AM   #292
Registered Member
Regular

I don't think I've seen any new mustangs for interceptors yet,
Old 05-08-2013, 07:50 AM   #293
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_james123 View Post
Me either, I have seen the Camaros,chargers, Explorers and Taurus
Old 05-08-2013, 07:54 AM   #294
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:

Word lol

The caprice police package had heavier duty parts and put down different power numbers than the civilian. The crown vic may be the same way. It may or may not be faster, but its more durable and can take more thrashing. Ill look into it to find out the exact differences.

In any case I've seen many cops dog the piss out of those vics. The only reason people want them is because they can't afford a decent car and you can buy em for 500 bucks at the auction.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:59 AM   #295
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Indiana uses mustangs, idk if there anything special or not .
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:11 AM   #296
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

Indiana uses mustangs, idk if there anything special or not .
Nice, I'd get in so much trouble for being a cop and driving one of those, trying to resist the urge of stepping on the pedal.
I was watching a show on history channel where they were testing out the new corvette they have as a police car. I know North Carolina has it, and California.

In transformers movie, cool to see that mustang, awesome sound..
Yea we've gotten off topic big time, so anyone say anything stupid so far today..lol
Old 05-08-2013, 08:32 AM   #297
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
This girl at my school argued with me for a good hour cause she swore there were 4 door mustangs I bout had a blood vessel burst that day XD
Where you been bro?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-52545212.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	433.7 KB
ID:	106686  
Enorym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:43 AM   #298
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Nice, I'd get in so much trouble for being a cop and driving one of those, trying to resist the urge of stepping on the pedal.
I was watching a show on history channel where they were testing out the new corvette they have as a police car. I know North Carolina has it, and California.

In transformers movie, cool to see that mustang, awesome sound..
Yea we've gotten off topic big time, so anyone say anything stupid so far today..lol
Haha! My sister dated a SC trooper and he had a Trooper Z28... I was in my dads Corvette and we raced, I won and he clocked me at 183 before I pulled away from him...LOL
Old 05-08-2013, 08:47 AM   #299
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post
When I went to get insurance on my stang the lady asked if my car was a 2 or 4 door mustang. I'm like they only make 2 door mustangs. She said "when did they stop making 4 door ones?!" I was like seriously?! They have never made a 4 door mustang. She was like yes they did my dad used to have one.
Mustang ltd is the four door one
kickerofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:57 AM   #300
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enorym View Post

Where you been bro?
I think I just puked a little bit
sam62893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:33 AM   #301
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Where you been bro?
That sedan can go blow off that cliff there
Old 05-08-2013, 10:17 AM   #302
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That sedan can go blow off that cliff there
Lol.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:29 AM   #303
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Four doors look horrible on the stang. Just doesnt belong.
Looks like a charger with ford decals.
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:09 AM   #304
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Black View Post
When I went to get insurance on my stang the lady asked if my car was a 2 or 4 door mustang. I'm like they only make 2 door mustangs. She said "when did they stop making 4 door ones?!" I was like seriously?! They have never made a 4 door mustang. She was like yes they did my dad used to have one.
It's not her fault Georgia is last in education for a reason
Old 05-08-2013, 11:09 AM   #305
Registered Member
Regular

That looks pretty real though, yep charger or could even say the Chrysler 300, both same body frame, so guess doesn't matter
Old 05-08-2013, 11:20 AM   #306
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinister07 View Post
My wife and I were at the gas station in her '02 V-6 Mustang when a young woman on the other side of the pump island asked if we were ashamed to drive a "gas-guzzling American car". She was driving an Accord with a V-6, and I noticed she had a Cal-State University parking pass hanging from her mirror.. Anyway, I commented that it is just a little V-6 that gets great gas mileage. Then I mentioned that she also had a V-6, and she said, "NO I DON'T! THIS IS A HONDA!" I pointed to the V-6 badge on her car and she said, " Duh, V-6 OBVIOUSLY means something different in Japanese!"
Oh my gosh!

I would've said well your Honda is made in the USA, and the parts content is about the same, as any American car, so are you proud of driving your gas guzzling Japanese car?
Old 05-08-2013, 11:49 AM   #307
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post

They had to name all the streets there peach tree industrial so no one would forget
Old 05-08-2013, 12:33 PM   #308
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Pony View Post

The caprice police package had heavier duty parts and put down different power numbers than the civilian. The crown vic may be the same way. It may or may not be faster, but its more durable and can take more thrashing. Ill look into it to find out the exact differences.

In any case I've seen many cops dog the piss out of those vics. The only reason people want them is because they can't afford a decent car and you can buy em for 500 bucks at the auction.
Yeah, they're made to be beaten on.. I know about the gearing, and some had different brakes, like the fox lx's and thunderbird interceptors they had, but the power gains were hardly mentionable, the only things different in the motor was a more aggressive tune and shift points.

I looked into getting a 96ish crown vic interceptor to yank the drivetrain out and put in a fox, but in the area I'm in used interceptors sell for more than a gt in similiar condition most of the time.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:47 PM   #309
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah, they're made to be beaten on.. I know about the gearing, and some had different brakes, like the fox lx's and thunderbird interceptors they had, but the power gains were hardly mentionable, the only things different in the motor was a more aggressive tune and shift points.

I looked into getting a 96ish crown vic interceptor to yank the drivetrain out and put in a fox, but in the area I'm in used interceptors sell for more than a gt in similiar condition most of the time.
So, I found this....

Used Cop Cars For Sale Retired Police Cars
Old 05-08-2013, 01:09 PM   #310
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGHOSS5.0 View Post
But they usually strip down all the cop upgrades, besides the spot light.

They abuse those cars too
Old 05-08-2013, 03:25 PM   #311
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:

They had to name all the streets there peach tree industrial so no one would forget
You got peachtree industrial, peachtree ST., west peachtree and I'm probably forgetting a few
Old 05-08-2013, 03:38 PM   #312
Registered Member
Regular

Not anyone said, but just happen to me going thru my neighborhood, tailgating.....
If I'm already going under speed limit, just wait, I can go even slower
Old 05-08-2013, 03:56 PM   #313
Registered Member
Regular

Here in San Antonio we have both chargers n a few mustangs and tahoes police vehicles.i got stopped by the v6 mustang.i have 2010 gt n I was gonna make him chase me haha but decided not to.
Torchred2010gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:23 PM   #314
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You got peachtree industrial, peachtree ST., west peachtree and I'm probably forgetting a few
I'm kidding of course I love Georgia just didn't like your massive bugs.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:18 PM   #315
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchred2010gt View Post
Here in San Antonio we have both chargers n a few mustangs and tahoes police vehicles.i got stopped by the v6 mustang.i have 2010 gt n I was gonna make him chase me haha but decided not to.
You would've lost lol especially if it was my sixxer

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

Quote:

^ says the guy that lives in GA
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion