Mustang Evolution Forum banner

How do you drive your v6?

4K views 64 replies 29 participants last post by  Mustang lulu 
#1 ·
I go 55 ok the highway most of the time to save gas but every now and then I like to go a bit faster(x also I always like to do a little fish tailing every now and then you know a couple drifts here and their ( maybe 12 times a week) im not all that great at it I'm still practicing:) and I like my traction control off because I like me wheels to spin when I flor my pedal:) well I'd like to know if this is ok for my car?o: I mean it's a Mustang it's basically build for all that right?

#2 ·
I honestly just drive it. Most the time I baby it, but when I feel the mood, I'll lay into it pretty hard. I haven't done a full throttle 1-2 in a while. Been avoiding it when the road is wet because I do break the rear tires loose, even with 2.73s.

What you're doing is ok, you're going to wear things out sooner, especially tires.

#5 ·
10 a day o: wow you must be set on gas!n.n

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

I honestly just drive it. Most the time I baby it, but when I feel the mood, I'll lay into it pretty hard. I haven't done a full throttle 1-2 in a while. Been avoiding it when the road is wet because I do break the rear tires loose, even with 2.73s.

What you're doing is ok, you're going to wear things out sooner, especially tires.
Well I don't mind the tires(x when those wear out ill get sum new 19" AMR's <3 I'm just worried about the suspension, engine, transmission, differentials ect.../:

#7 ·
I drive my car hard. It sees At least two redline up shifts a day and usually 10 or more. Haha honestly I drive it hard and i feel like it loves it.

I always seem to get the same or similar gas mileage cause a lot of my commute is very short destinations and the engine isn't full in its vibe.

I Always get about 240 miles to a tank

#15 ·
I like the twisty's and am building my pony to handle curves. I also like powerslides, & burn-
outs. I don't burnout as much as powerslide but sometimes I just gotta see the two strips of
UHP rubber in my rearview! I get 25mpg avg.

#16 ·
I too only drive 10 miles round trip to work and back. I live in an old money neighborhood. They don't like my American spirit with their Benz or Audi. But I drive her hard once off work.

A redline a day, keeps the mechanic away

#21 ·
I get the the speed limit, fast- and then go 4-9 over it. I often first, second, sixth. I don't redline it, but I often shift past 5k.

In turns, I FLY. Not unsafely, but I really move in turns.

I get 450-550 a tank, but I also pay close attention to the road. Driving isn't going somewhere...its a race with a speed limit, and a time limit. I follow all the laws, but I always aim for the apex. If I am coming to a red light, I do not accelerate, I will coast or even EOC. It's funny when I pull out onto the main road, test my zero to sixty time (it's a 55) and then coast it out- there are other cars, then it goes to 50, then 35. I use fuel to have calculated fun, and then I move as fast as I can as efficiently as I can.

Lol, the other day, I was cruising at 60 in a 55, and a LS v6 was at a light that got stopped. I EOCed from 60 to 45, its a 45 mph zone, and bump started right at the light when it turned green- my rolling light start was 45 mph lol.

I have had two issues so far. Suspension is a bit squeaky in the rear on certain bumps, and my synchros on 5th and 6th grind if the shifter is too far left. I push the suspension hard to maintain speed, but its a Mustang. The gearbox is Fords fault.

#26 ·
I drive mine hard everywhere. Anddd I think my car is feeling it a lil but this just mean its time for some upgrades :) I think my right rear spring got messed up some how and it squeaks a lil. I need new shocks forsure but it is still handling pretty good no big problems

#42 ·
Don't worry about seafoam, such a small chance of hydrolock and only if its done wrong. In order to hydrolock, at least one cylinder must be half of the volume filled with liquid. Done right, not too often, at 20,000 miles then maybe at 100,000 miles, no chance of hurting it. As for the way I drive, I take it pretty easy mostly, but I feel like if I take it too easy, she gets upset and drives sluggish. So, when the mood strikes, or some dumbass European piece of garbage driving German dude tries to act tough, I put him in his place and the pony seems happy with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.