How do you drive your v6? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-19-2013, 09:55 PM   #1
Zed
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
How do you drive your v6?

I go 55 ok the highway most of the time to save gas but every now and then I like to go a bit faster(x also I always like to do a little fish tailing every now and then you know a couple drifts here and their ( maybe 12 times a week) im not all that great at it I'm still practicing(: and I like my traction control off because I like me wheels to spin when I flor my pedal(: well I'd like to know if this is ok for my car?o: I mean it's a Mustang it's basically build for all that right?
Zed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2013, 10:25 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
I honestly just drive it. Most the time I baby it, but when I feel the mood, I'll lay into it pretty hard. I haven't done a full throttle 1-2 in a while. Been avoiding it when the road is wet because I do break the rear tires loose, even with 2.73s.

What you're doing is ok, you're going to wear things out sooner, especially tires.

'98 Grand Prix GTP - New Project for DD
Sanguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:25 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I like to cruise mainly but sometimes like to get on it lol.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:58 PM   #4
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
I don't have a V6, but i only drive about 10 miles a day on average, all city miles. So i seem to make each day an experience. I'm trying to work on it, but its just so fun to drive lol.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:26 AM   #5
Zed
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
I don't have a V6, but i only drive about 10 miles a day on average, all city miles. So i seem to make each day an experience. I'm trying to work on it, but its just so fun to drive lol.
10 a day o: wow you must be set on gas!n.n

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguin View Post
I honestly just drive it. Most the time I baby it, but when I feel the mood, I'll lay into it pretty hard. I haven't done a full throttle 1-2 in a while. Been avoiding it when the road is wet because I do break the rear tires loose, even with 2.73s.

What you're doing is ok, you're going to wear things out sooner, especially tires.
Well I don't mind the tires(x when those wear out ill get sum new 19" AMR's <3 I'm just worried about the suspension, engine, transmission, differentials ect.../:
Old 04-20-2013, 12:34 AM   #6
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed View Post
10 a day o: wow you must be set on gas!n.n

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

Well I don't mind the tires(x when those wear out ill get sum new 19" AMR's <3 I'm just worried about the suspension, engine, transmission, differentials ect.../:
I fill up almost every 2 weeks. Its all city and i like to get on it quite a bit so i get like 12mpg lol

HID end all thread
Old 04-20-2013, 01:30 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I drive my car hard. It sees At least two redline up shifts a day and usually 10 or more. Haha honestly I drive it hard and i feel like it loves it.

I always seem to get the same or similar gas mileage cause a lot of my commute is very short destinations and the engine isn't full in its vibe.

I Always get about 240 miles to a tank
powerwhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:35 AM   #8
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwhee View Post
I drive my car hard. It sees At least two redline up shifts a day and usually 10 or more. Haha honestly I drive it hard and i feel like it loves it.

I always seem to get the same or similar gas mileage cause a lot of my commute is very short destinations and the engine isn't full in its vibe.

240 while driving it hard? Damn, i've never even reached 200 for a tank no matter how light on the gas i am lol.

HID end all thread
Old 04-20-2013, 01:37 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I baby mine for a couple miles then drive it like its supposed to be driven!! Best feeling in the world when I step on it
Eric e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:38 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
240 while driving it hard? Damn, i've never even reached 200 for a tank no matter how light on the gas i am lol.
How much is gas at where you live? When I fill it from E it really takes up to $45-$50. But gas in jersey where I love is $3.17 a gallon
jleber123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:46 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by jleber123 View Post

How much is gas at where you live? When I fill it from E it really takes up to $45-$50. But gas in jersey where I love is $3.17 a gallon
I need to move to jersey
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:55 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
I drive my car extremely hard, I love the sound above 4000 rpm. I know I'm wearing out the tires and suspension and what not, but I'm 18 and have a mustang, why not drive it hard?
NelsonQuezadaJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:57 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NelsonQuezadaJr View Post
I drive my car extremely hard, I love the sound above 4000 rpm. I know I'm wearing out the tires and suspension and what not, but I'm 18 and have a mustang, why not drive it hard?
+1111
Old 04-20-2013, 02:36 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

I drive mine like a bat outta hell!!
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:45 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

I like the twisty's and am building my pony to handle curves. I also like powerslides, & burn-
outs. I don't burnout as much as powerslide but sometimes I just gotta see the two strips of
UHP rubber in my rearview! I get 25mpg avg.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:53 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I too only drive 10 miles round trip to work and back. I live in an old money neighborhood. They don't like my American spirit with their Benz or Audi. But I drive her hard once off work.

A redline a day, keeps the mechanic away
Old 04-20-2013, 07:59 AM   #17

Region: Michigan
My wife drives ours! So I have to take it out every once and a while to make sure everything works like it should!
Jeremyweld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:03 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
I get about 380 to a tank no lie , new fuel filter ,new plugs ,could cold air intake lowered . I run the Ngk platinum's there gapped at .054 I also ran sea foam through the vacuum line and cleaned the motor out but if you do that change plugs and oil right afterwards
Iowaboy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:33 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post

I need to move to jersey
Why do you say that? How much is it whee you live?
Old 04-20-2013, 08:37 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowaboy13 View Post
I get about 380 to a tank no lie , new fuel filter ,new plugs ,could cold air intake lowered . I run the Ngk platinum's there gapped at .054 I also ran sea foam through the vacuum line and cleaned the motor out but if you do that change plugs and oil right afterwards
You lucky bastard lol I get about 270 a tank
Old 04-20-2013, 08:58 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed
I go 55 ok the highway most of the time to save gas but every now and then I like to go a bit faster(x also I always like to do a little fish tailing every now and then you know a couple drifts here and their ( maybe 12 times a week) im not all that great at it I'm still practicing(: and I like my traction control off because I like me wheels to spin when I flor my pedal(: well I'd like to know if this is ok for my car?o: I mean it's a Mustang it's basically build for all that right?
I get the the speed limit, fast- and then go 4-9 over it. I often first, second, sixth. I don't redline it, but I often shift past 5k.

In turns, I FLY. Not unsafely, but I really move in turns.

I get 450-550 a tank, but I also pay close attention to the road. Driving isn't going somewhere...its a race with a speed limit, and a time limit. I follow all the laws, but I always aim for the apex. If I am coming to a red light, I do not accelerate, I will coast or even EOC. It's funny when I pull out onto the main road, test my zero to sixty time (it's a 55) and then coast it out- there are other cars, then it goes to 50, then 35. I use fuel to have calculated fun, and then I move as fast as I can as efficiently as I can.

Lol, the other day, I was cruising at 60 in a 55, and a LS v6 was at a light that got stopped. I EOCed from 60 to 45, its a 45 mph zone, and bump started right at the light when it turned green- my rolling light start was 45 mph lol.

I have had two issues so far. Suspension is a bit squeaky in the rear on certain bumps, and my synchros on 5th and 6th grind if the shifter is too far left. I push the suspension hard to maintain speed, but its a Mustang. The gearbox is Fords fault.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:21 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Drive it like you stole it!
TruChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:37 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruChris View Post
+1
clamphier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:37 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:

Why do you say that? How much is it whee you live?
In the 3.50s right now in the main city parts of nc
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:59 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post

In the 3.50s right now in the main city parts of nc
That was us like a month or two ago. But now we are almost down to $3 a gallon!
Old 04-20-2013, 10:04 AM   #26
AKE
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I drive mine hard everywhere. Anddd I think my car is feeling it a lil but this just mean its time for some upgrades I think my right rear spring got messed up some how and it squeaks a lil. I need new shocks forsure but it is still handling pretty good no big problems
AKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:13 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

That happened to me too it doesn't really enjoy hard drifts very much lol
Old 04-20-2013, 12:10 PM   #28
Zed
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I fill up almost every 2 weeks. Its all city and i like to get on it quite a bit so i get like 12mpg lol
Haha that's crazy man! I'm getting mike 24 mpg(x I really drive alot of highway though :p

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwhee View Post

Mine fils up to about 340? O:

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric e View Post
I baby mine for a couple miles then drive it like its supposed to be driven!! Best feeling in the world when I step on it
Yeah basically the way to go right their!(:

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

Quote:

here in El Paso gas is around 3,40 o:

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by NelsonQuezadaJr View Post
I like the way you think bro! I'm all about that myself! (: why would I get a mustang if I wasn't going to drive it like one(:

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post
I drive mine like a bat outta hell!!
I'm just worried about how it will perform in the future you know like 3/4 years from now?o:

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioAl View Post
I like the twisty's and am building my pony to handle curves. I also like powerslides, & burn-
outs. I don't burnout as much as powerslide but sometimes I just gotta see the two strips of
UHP rubber in my rearview! I get 25mpg avg.
thats pretty good mpg(: is your car auto or manual?o:

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post
I too only drive 10 miles round trip to work and back. I live in an old money neighborhood. They don't like my American spirit with their Benz or Audi. But I drive her hard once off work.

A redline a day, keeps the mechanic away
Lol I heard that quote from one of my friends with a 2013 Evo (x

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremyweld View Post
My wife drives ours! So I have to take it out every once and a while to make sure everything works like it should!
Lol! n.n I hope she ain't driving it tooo softly u.u I let my girl drive it every once in a while and I swear on my life she's never gone over 2k /:

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

Quote:
Can you explain to me what the whole "sea foaming " is? I never understood it /.\

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

Quote:
you wouldn't e saying that if It was me driving your car ;D

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

Quote:

That was us like a month or two ago. But now we are almost down to $3 a gallon!
Do you guys remember back In the day when we were at like $2.14 a gallon(': or even $1.54 o':

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKE View Post
I drive mine hard everywhere. Anddd I think my car is feeling it a lil but this just mean its time for some upgrades I think my right rear spring got messed up some how and it squeaks a lil. I need new shocks forsure but it is still handling pretty good no big problems
Grease me upp(;
Old 04-20-2013, 12:35 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Here In California gas is over 4 dollars a gallon. Your all lucky
powerwhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:43 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's a lot of stuff to do for any 2011+ mustang lol
Old 04-20-2013, 01:23 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebgonzalez1

That's a lot of stuff to do for any 2011+ mustang lol
Haha , I don't think his is a 2011+
Old 04-20-2013, 01:35 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed View Post

Haha that's crazy man! I'm getting mike 24 mpg(x I really drive alot of highway though :p

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

Mine fils up to about 340? O:

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

Yeah basically the way to go right their!(:

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

here in El Paso gas is around 3,40 o:

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

I like the way you think bro! I'm all about that myself! (: why would I get a mustang if I wasn't going to drive it like one(:

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

I'm just worried about how it will perform in the future you know like 3/4 years from now?o:

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

thats pretty good mpg(: is your car auto or manual?o:

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

Lol I heard that quote from one of my friends with a 2013 Evo (x

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

Lol! n.n I hope she ain't driving it tooo softly u.u I let my girl drive it every once in a while and I swear on my life she's never gone over 2k /:

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

Can you explain to me what the whole "sea foaming " is? I never understood it /.\

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

you wouldn't e saying that if It was me driving your car ;D

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

Do you guys remember back In the day when we were at like $2.14 a gallon(': or even $1.54 o':

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

Grease me upp(;
Sea foam basically just gets all the crap out of your engine. You attach it to a vacuum hose from your engine and it sucks it through, its not good to do it a lot though
Old 04-20-2013, 01:55 PM   #33
Zed
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamphier View Post

Sea foam basically just gets all the crap out of your engine. You attach it to a vacuum hose from your engine and it sucks it through, its not good to do it a lot though
Ill do it maybe in a couple years then(:
Old 04-20-2013, 02:05 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

I'm gonna do it at 20000 when I flush the rest of the stuff! It helps you just don't want to do it frequently or a lot at once or you could hydro lock your engine
Old 04-20-2013, 02:19 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:
+ 111

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

Quote:
When I got pulled over when I was 16, the officer asked if I stole the car xD
NelsonQuezadaJr is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion