Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Muffler fix it ticket

972 views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Borii 
#1 ·
I have an off road x pipe and slp loud mouths and just got pulled with this ticket

Text Plant Paper

See less See more
#2 ·
WTH!?!? Where do u live!!!?!?!?

#6 ·
Emissions is different than decibel limits. There might be a limit on how loud your car be.

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

But it does sound like he just doesn't like you, cops usually con't care about how loud a car is.

#7 ·
I'd check. Then tell them to stick it.

#8 ·
Check your local laws. Each city will probably have individual laws. It's officer's discretion in most places.

You gotta admit...slp's are pretty loud...

#9 ·
Everybody has loud pipes. Well, everybody who can afford them. That's just messed up. Music being too loud, I've heard of tickets. Pipes, nahhhhhh.

#10 ·
It's loud dont get me wrong. But I believe the reaon I was pulled over is becouse I was with my dad and this is a small town and my dads been in and outa jail and he's somewhat of a troubl maker or he was. So the cop pulled me over cuz he seen my dad with me expecting he would have some worrents and felt stupid when he didnt

#11 ·
That's profiling.

#13 ·
It's like saying u weaves just to pull u over. Lol. If they want u, they got u.

#15 ·
I have an off road x pipe and slp loud mouths and just got pulled with this ticket

View attachment 103799
I live in Las Vegas and when I get tickets like that I pay my lawyer $50.00 and he gets them thrown out of court. They are bull$hit tickets. I'm not sure if you guys have anything like that up in Elko?

My recent ticket was for window tint. I took the ticket to them and paid $50 and they got it thrown out of court.

Check in your county what you have.

Traffic Ticket Representation, Las Vegas Traffic Ticket Defense, North Las Vegas DUI Defense - Craig P. Kenny & Associates

#16 ·
Bottom line, if it is too loud. Fix it, or pay the fine. Move on. Laws are laws are laws. We choose to circumvent them at a risk. Whether the cop likes you or not, he did his job regardless of how lucky you've been.

I am loud and live in a big city so it is easy to get away with but it is still an assumed risk. Plus, neighborhoods do not like loud noise, and righteously so.

It is what it is. You could get silencers for most exhausts just for the purpose of court and take them off afterward. They are inserts. Easy on or off.

Car hobbies are hard to live with lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.